PDA

View Full Version : what.cd- worse staff than oink??

nbo
10-29-2007, 12:08 PM
i got a free invite here only yesterday, since then all i did was sign up and browsed the site for 40 seconds, today i tried to log on and reveive the following msg:
Login failed!

This account has been disabled
Don't remember your password? Recover (http://incegmbh.com/recover.php) your password!

even if i wanted to get banned, i couldnt find a way to do it so quick, either way i think thats officially they shortest time ive owned an account so i guess they are trying to imitate oinks horrible and thats truly the only thing they are doing a good job.

ibnahmed
10-29-2007, 12:20 PM
i think if u are on of those 25 that squirril invited yesterday, then this is explained somewhere else here. they were are banned.

nbo
10-29-2007, 12:25 PM
ahh, ok.
thanx, i was

blackbird
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
but now we know that they have some staff from oink .. :D

nbo
10-29-2007, 12:34 PM
when you said the whole tree got disabled i though someone cheated or they has a rule against handing out invites on fst, but now that ive read the thread i continue to backup my original post, what horrible staff.
banning ppl for "breaking a rule" which does not excist. why the hell would you give ppl 25 invites, and not expect them to hand them out as if anyone here has 25 real trusty friends in the whole torrent scene, paaaaalese, what bull shit!

top25
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Since most people dont have 25 trusted friends those invites should have lasted him for years if not forever.But he promptly gave them out like candy then started a thread on the site itself asking for more. Imo he was kinda out of control and i guess the staff there felt that way too.

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Since most people dont have 25 trusted friends those invites should have lasted him for years if not forever.But he promptly gave them out like candy then started a thread on the site itself asking for more. Imo he was kinda out of control and i guess the staff there felt that way too.

ya out of control :( but no such rule was mentioned n i didn't trade it or anything...just giveaway.

btw, nbo, try their irc...one among 25 had luck getting back in.

LinkS v2.0
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
sorry squirr3ly but looks like you were practically asking for it when you made that thread on the site and even posting a link to your giveaway thread.

mrnobody
10-29-2007, 01:47 PM
i didn't post link to giveaway. read again!

Alien5
10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
everytime you give away 1 invite in fst, you're risking you're account being disabled at any site - i know you haven't been here long but you must have known that.

jasperr
10-29-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah, thats the way it seems lately

Kris62
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Invite is open

nbo
10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
i wont beg.
its bs, where would u find 25 trustul friends?
last for years? what are you talking about, most trackers havent been up for over 2 years, very few 3+, and very few users have account more than 150 weeks old, not to mention that is if the site doesnt take away your invites during that time as most will do.
lets say, lets pretend that 3 years from now the site is up and running and u have your user that originally received those 25 invites. what u really think within 3 years youll make 25 real-life friends who use torrents and need you to invite them to that specific track? hah! most ppl dont have 25 real friends, so please do me a favor and cut the crap.
on the other hand i can think of 25 ppl i know very well for very long and trust that are online from forums such as this that can do and give a lot more to these private trackers than my real-life friends so all of you enough with the rubbish please.
i dont care what u say, you dont hand out 25 invites to XXXusers and expect not to see handouts on FST!

Tristan
10-29-2007, 02:54 PM
site is down or only for me? O_o

Detale
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
everytime you give away 1 invite in fst, you're risking you're account being disabled at any site - i know you haven't been here long but you must have known that.

Now c'mon Alien that's not true. As long as you are not breaking any rules some trackers don't really mind as long as you are not trading. They allow you to give them away under two general conditions. First they need to be trusted people and two you are responsible for them and their actions on the site. People don't have to be quite as sneaky as they used to be

Tokeman
10-29-2007, 06:35 PM

Now c'mon Alien that's not true. As long as you are not breaking any rules some trackers don't really mind as long as you are not trading. They allow you to give them away under two general conditions. First they need to be trusted people and two you are responsible for them and their actions on the site. People don't have to be quite as sneaky as they used to be

Agree'd
I've had admins PM me on sites after giveaways here. They just told me that I was responsible for the people I invited, and I knew that already. It really depends on the site, and with no specific rules, and all the invites they have given to be sent out, I think this was not handled very well by the admins. Just because they can't disable the invites on an account is no reason to ban it compleatly.

top25
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
i wont beg.
last for years? what are you talking about, most trackers havent been up for over 2 years, very few 3+, and very few users have account more than 150 weeks old, not to mention that is if the site doesnt take away your invites during that time as most will do.
lets say, lets pretend that 3 years from now the site is up and running and u have your user that originally received those 25 invites. what u really think within 3 years youll make 25 real-life friends who use torrents and need you to invite them to that specific track? hah! most ppl dont have 25 real friends, so please do me a favor and cut the crap.
on the other hand i can think of 25 ppl i know very well for very long and trust that are online from forums such as this that can do and give a lot more to these private trackers than my real-life friends so all of you enough with the rubbish please.
i dont care what u say, you dont hand out 25 invites to XXXusers and expect not to see handouts on FST!

You where not there when he said he invited people he just met where you?That maybe got him and you banned just a hunch.Invite only trusted users you know should be common sense.

tweakz
10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
WOW....I never knew that.....thanks for the heads up^^^

That's what I thought...well, never mind what I said Alien.

sear
10-29-2007, 07:53 PM

may be true but I've been banned for giving away an invite here so you can't say caution isn't the best idea.

nbo
10-30-2007, 12:38 AM
i wont beg.

You where not there when he said he invited people he just met where you?That maybe got him and you banned just a hunch.Invite only trusted users you know should be common sense.
1- i was replying to someone elses post
2- still, i dont care, if its not in the rules it should be fine, if he desides to invite ppl he doesnt know he takes full responsiblity for their accounts, and if i cheats or something, than block all 26 accounts and he cant complain.

Polarbear
10-30-2007, 01:11 AM
giveaways are a great opportunity for people to get the trackers they want.

if you are unsure just ask the tracker's staff before if it's ok to offer your invites on fst.

nbo
10-30-2007, 01:24 AM
i agree that caution is free and helps
but if its not in the rules, especially on a brand new tracker the least that can be done is give a warning and edit the rules, not harshly punish giving the new site oinks worst quality.