PDA

View Full Version : The Waffle.fm Thread (put everything here)

Pages : [1] 2

nsk
10-29-2007, 05:26 PM
DO NOT ASK FOR INVITES IN THIS THREAD!! - Skizo

With all the hype over what.cd, maybe this is being over looked somewhat, not seen a post on it yet, just wanted to make a post and get peoples views on this site? is it a possible better alternative oink replacement to what.cd? only time will tell, but I think it should be pretty good.

http://www.waffles.fm/

Personally not signed up to what.cd yet, waiting for this.

thejosher
10-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Well it's kinda hard to judge a site that hasn't even opened yet...

Nestea
10-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Cool. I wanna check it out. :)

ernestus
10-29-2007, 05:45 PM
"Registration will be invite-only from day one."

i hope that i will be able to get an invite!

spark
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
"Registration will be invite-only from day one."

i hope that i will be able to get an invite!

Who has invites on day one? :blink:

kirktrix
10-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Looks interesting....Who has an invite? Do not forget me people.....:D

nsk
10-29-2007, 06:01 PM
FAQ from irc: http://loud.forgehost.net/FAQ.php

ZoorBa
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
looks good

TekknoN1
10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
i thought what.cd is the "new oink" ?

top25
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Still has the most potential feel the most familiar right now lets see what this waffles site is about in a couple days though.Oh and looks like this is the way of the Hydra so another site cant hurt.

Tokeman
10-29-2007, 06:21 PM

both sites are modled after oink, neither is 'oink v2'

Adam1990
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
If you were an oink member (with proof) and you want to apply for an invite to this site pm me. I am not an admin but I don't want to publicly post the link. Post the proof in your pm also.

McLovin
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM
If you were an oink member (with proof) and you want to apply for an invite to this site pm me. I am not an admin but I don't want to publicly post the link. Post the proof in your pm also.

so you can use it as your own proof when they actually do open the 'apply for invite' page?

DaNi92
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM
We wait :D

TekknoN1
10-29-2007, 06:48 PM

so you can use it as your own proof when they actually do open the 'apply for invite' page?

haha lol?? xD
yes i was a member on oink but i haven't a screen , why i should have one? i hope i can get one invite without screen..

stitched
10-29-2007, 06:48 PM

hehe good one...thatz the whole point i belive

dr0w
10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Just 'signed-up' for an invite :)

Tokeman
10-29-2007, 06:52 PM

haha lol?? xD
yes i was a member on oink but i haven't a screen , why i should have one? i hope i can get one invite without screen..

You got your invite in your email still? I think that should work.

Any one know where to go to apply? I can't get onto IRC from here.

Adam1990
10-29-2007, 06:52 PM

Good one. Like I didn't have oink right. :frusty:

Also guys if you don't have ss of your account they will accept an ss of your invitation email, thats what I did.

top25
10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Cool i have my invitation email still that sounds better than an oink screenie to me so i will get in yay.

kirktrix
10-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks to Adam i just apply for invites hopefully i got one....:)

But before i submit it.. One thing that got in my mind what if it is not really a tracker? What if it is just one trick of RIAA to gather evidence against you........:D

Fu*k it.....Follow me here in China....:P

fazzy07
10-29-2007, 06:59 PM

Good one. Like I didn't have oink right. :frusty:

Also guys if you don't have ss of your account they will accept an ss of your invitation email, thats what I did.

Yea Adam I did that too.
Thank god I save all my invite mails

John1988
10-29-2007, 07:00 PM

how to do it?

TekknoN1
10-29-2007, 07:09 PM
But before i submit it.. One thing that got in my mind what if it is not really a tracker? What if it is just one trick of RIAA to gather evidence against you........:D

yes this with the screens are very strange ...

kirktrix
10-29-2007, 07:12 PM

yes this with the screens are very strange ...

We will know on Wednesday, October 31st (Halloween) at midnight GMT....:)

Chalisto
10-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a sting. :ninja:

RainRoofer
10-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Where do you apply for invites ?

fOrUmAs
10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
i have found what i need what.cd is great replacement for oink...not need anymore music site for now..good luck with new site

davidw89
10-29-2007, 08:35 PM
what about libble/stmusic etc

nikmash232
10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
whats Dalnet....its in the irc? can some1 tell me the irc...

Adam1990
10-29-2007, 09:13 PM
server irc.dal.net
#waffles.fm

thejosher
10-29-2007, 09:13 PM
dalnat is an irc network.

http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3

spark
10-29-2007, 09:18 PM

Can you kindly post the fucking link?

Alien5
10-29-2007, 09:20 PM
check the first post in this thred

Tokeman
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
With all the hype over what.cd, maybe this is being over looked somewhat, not seen a post on it yet, just wanted to make a post and get peoples views on this site? is it a possible better alternative oink replacement to what.cd? only time will tell, but I think it should be pretty good.

wow, first post says NOTHING about where to apply for invites...
so yea, LINK?

spark
10-29-2007, 09:28 PM

wow, first post says NOTHING about where to apply for invites...
so yea, LINK?

So I am not the only blind here :wacko:

Alien5
10-29-2007, 09:29 PM
irc is the best place to ask, unless you don't mind waiting until the site opens

nikmash232
10-29-2007, 09:35 PM
yea i think ill just wait until the site launches

spark
10-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Enjoy your classified link... I'll wait...

Alien5
10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
heres the link: http://www.waffles.fm/toomuchpublicity.php

but its too late, ive just heard that the 2000 user limit has been reached.

Tokeman
10-29-2007, 09:45 PM
maybe I missed it, but did they announce a launch base of only 2000? reading that link it doesn't specify only 2000 will be accepted...
Heres hoping it isn't so.

Alien5
10-29-2007, 09:49 PM
a user just posted this in what.cd forum:

From what i have heard. they have 2000 members already set for launch [they will start with 2000] and those members will get a pretty good deal of invites....

sexydingo
10-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Yea, initial members are gonna get a bunch of invites. I don't think you'll find it difficult to get in around launch.

WhoopDeDoo
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I personally think the whole "screenshot of your oink account" thing is stupid, a lot of people with great ratios who had accounts for the longest time get screwed over because they don't have a screenshot. Really bad move on waffles.fm's part if you ask me.

thejosher
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
whoopdedoo, that's something you can say if you can't get in.

My impression is that the original 2,000 users will be given plenty of invites. I highly doubt it'll be hard to get in provided you know ANYBODY.

connector
10-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm all for these new sites. It definitely makes it harder for the RIAA and their friends to score a knockout like they did with OiNK.

Tokeman
10-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I personally think the whole "screenshot of your oink account" thing is stupid, a lot of people with great ratios who had accounts for the longest time get screwed over because they don't have a screenshot. Really bad move on waffles.fm's part if you ask me.
You can use your invite mail too...

seppypom
10-29-2007, 11:30 PM
i am thinking the only proof i will be able to come up with might be a few .torrents from last week.

since i doubt very much i have a 3 year old email

ata2006
10-29-2007, 11:47 PM
what is TinyPic URL ?

Alien5
10-29-2007, 11:48 PM
google tinypic

WhoopDeDoo
10-30-2007, 12:25 AM
whoopdedoo, that's something you can say if you can't get in.

My impression is that the original 2,000 users will be given plenty of invites. I highly doubt it'll be hard to get in provided you know ANYBODY.

Oh, I already have someone setup to give me an invite when they open them. I'm just saying that I think it's a bad idea.

Tokeman: Yeah, I noticed that a while after I made the post. :frusty:

johncap
10-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Is it just me or is their countdown timer off by 12 hours?

Alien5
10-30-2007, 12:52 AM
its just you :yes:

WhoopDeDoo
10-30-2007, 12:54 AM
its just you :yes:
Don't lie to the poor guy. :P

It's off by a bit for a lot of people, johncap.

Pzero
10-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Actually, it depends where you live because on the IRC, a mod said that the counter is just counting to Oct.31 Midnight from where YOU actually live. The timer is off by me for about 3 hours or so.

albatrossSKYER
10-30-2007, 01:28 AM
mine is off by about 1 hour est. and you have to factor in that it is counting gmt

mrnobody
10-30-2007, 02:48 AM
btw this is what OiNK irc says:

[21:45] ***user was kicked from #OiNK by ******* (Shouldn't have been talking about waffles.fm here <1 minute ban> [0x119A])

so it isn't really a OiNK supported tracker. Just in case someone thought it was...i thought coz of "waffles" in their home page.

EDIT: Also says, "Don't mention scam sites, other trackers, waffle, pancake, what.cd, oinkv2, boink".

thejosher
10-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Actually, it depends where you live because on the IRC, a mod said that the counter is just counting to Oct.31 Midnight from where YOU actually live. The timer is off by me for about 3 hours or so.

Yup. The counter isn't accurate :P

SgtMajor
10-30-2007, 02:51 AM
The TehPaine Blog wrote:

I'm going to make this painfully clear:
We are not affiliated with either waffles.fm or what.cd, although a few of us are members at one of them.

Torn
10-30-2007, 05:10 AM
The TehPaine Blog wrote:

I'm going to make this painfully clear:
We are not affiliated with either waffles.fm or what.cd, although a few of us are members at one of them.

Well, I hope he means waffles.... even though they aren't even open yet.

But they are special people....

Chewy
10-30-2007, 05:14 AM
i hope a screenshot of my invitation email is enough 'proof'.

itS0v3r
10-30-2007, 09:54 AM
New oink revolution site :)
http://waffles.fm/

top25
10-30-2007, 09:57 AM
already posted

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-wafflesfm-opens-oct-31st-244879

JA
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
610 users idoling on their IRC interesting...

Whats the sudden rush of all these OiNK wanna-be sites?...

I mean OiNK took a year or two, to get to where it was...although a lot of users are looking for an alternative site to OiNK, its going to take a lot more time, dedication and effort than simply asking for more ex-oink members..

You are highly encouraged and will be rewarded for inviting as many ex-oinker's as you know of as well as uploading your entire oink torrents collection.

itS0v3r
10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Ja
but the fucking problem that u need a voice to talk

JA
10-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Ja
<%Killjoy> PLEASE READ THE FAQ http://waffles.fm/faq.php or join #waffles.fm-help
<%Killjoy> PLEASE READ THE FAQ http://waffles.fm/faq.php or join #waffles.fm-help
<phunky> i swear people are blin
<phunky> d
* sparkles (___) has joined #waffles.fm-chat
<lunalovegood> hahaha
* katsarola (____) has joined #waffles.fm-chat
<ViroGiga> yes yes
<ViroGiga> so i send a mail
<+notlucky> anyways
<%Killjoy> WAFFLES ARE JUST PANCAKES WITH SYRUP TRAPS
<lunalovegood> only a little
<zaptone> no, they just don't care
<JA> Testing 1, 2 ,3 earth to SpeakMaker
<+notlucky> i'm getting bored of hellohello
<ViroGiga> what do i send in it ?
<+notlucky> goodnight
<lunalovegood> i lost my glasses

You sure?....

physter
10-30-2007, 10:04 AM

I wouldn't bet on it ... I sent them a ss of my invite and heard ...... nothing. :(

blackbird
10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
http://waffles.fm/faq.php

wtf ? proof ...:ermm:

AugustoP
10-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Who are the people behind Waffles.fm?

top25
10-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Ja
<phunky> i swear people are blin
<phunky> d
* sparkles (___) has joined #waffles.fm-chat
<lunalovegood> hahaha
* katsarola (____) has joined #waffles.fm-chat
<ViroGiga> yes yes
<ViroGiga> so i send a mail
<+notlucky> anyways
<%Killjoy> WAFFLES ARE JUST PANCAKES WITH SYRUP TRAPS
<lunalovegood> only a little
<zaptone> no, they just don't care
<JA> Testing 1, 2 ,3 earth to SpeakMaker
<+notlucky> i'm getting bored of hellohello
<ViroGiga> what do i send in it ?
<+notlucky> goodnight
<lunalovegood> i lost my glasses

You sure?....

SYRUP TRAPS interesting :ph34r:

itS0v3r
10-30-2007, 10:22 AM
<&hilikus> Scene/topsite acess and/or DEDICATED seedbox? email [email protected] with details on your situation! YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTILL SITE RLS TO BE EMAILED BACK

Polarbear
10-30-2007, 10:33 AM

I wouldn't bet on it ... I sent them a ss of my invite and heard ...... nothing. :(

same here.

Daniel
10-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, considering that at least part of the staff seems to be from the US pacific coast, it may take some time until they wake up to check your mails - It's 3:47 AM in LA for example ;)

Sbetter
10-30-2007, 11:39 AM
i once was a member on oink way back when i first started downloading pity i didnt realise what i had i just didnt log in for ages then gone such is life hope fully i will sus one out but it wont be the end of the world

Hanz™
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
They have said multiple times that they won't be inviting people unless they have proof that they have scene axx, large libraries of flac/v0 to upload and seedboxes.
If you can identify yourself as a power user you also might get in.

This will however be a hundred times better than what.cd (which is a poor copy of OiNK).

heis
10-30-2007, 12:56 PM

well actually getting inside the site isn't a crime itself, it is when u start uploading music :)
but it's strange indeed, few days after the ifpi,bpi logos the waffles image came in, like the interpol didn't secure the domain as evidence? :> weird...

IceTee
10-30-2007, 02:07 PM
They have said multiple times that they won't be inviting people unless they have proof that they have scene axx, large libraries of flac/v0 to upload and seedboxes.

This will however be a hundred times better than what.cd (which is a poor copy of OiNK).

Why is that? I don't know how Waffle is going to be but from all the Music trackers there are so far (new and old) What.cd is the most promising to replace Oink.
They had another 5000+ users and doubled their torrents just in the last 12 hours.

Again... I'm still waiting to see how Waffle is going to be but...

rvt
10-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Who are the people behind Waffles.fm?

Administrative Contact:
Hollingsworth, Beau [email protected]
7 Ballynoe Grove
Kilbride Road
Co. Wicklow, Leinster 01
Ireland
+353857534582

From their FAQ:

Q: Where are the servers going to be located?
A: For the first month they will be in the Netherlands. After that we will be moving them to Sweden.

Currently they are hosted in canada.
The IP is also linked to some other domains:
http://www.aboutdomain.org/info/hey.com.vn/

McLovin
10-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I think waffles has promise.. but it kind of scares me that he didn't even hide his domain whois info.

deknor
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
I was an Oink poweruser and miss the site immensely. I'll be there. They can stop Oink, but they can't stop oinkers.

Hanz™
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM

Why is that? I don't know how Waffle is going to be but from all the Music trackers there are so far (new and old) What.cd is the most promising to replace Oink.
They had another 5000+ users and doubled their torrents just in the last 12 hours.

What.cd was based on a HD trackers code.
Waffle has been built from scratch to be a music tracker which will scale well (allow a lot of users).
They have fixed loads and loads of the bugs which haven't been fixed in the shoddy what.cd code, and have added in lots of the OiNK features e.g. advanced search etc...

edit: will also be much prettier, and has more buzz.

IceTee
10-30-2007, 03:43 PM

What.cd was based on a HD trackers code.
Waffle has been built from scratch to be a music tracker which will scale well (allow a lot of users).
They have fixed loads and loads of the bugs which haven't been fixed in the shoddy what.cd code, and have added in lots of the OiNK features e.g. advanced search etc...

edit: will also be much prettier, and has more buzz.

Alright then...
0d 16h 19m 3s to go.

Let's all hope for the best and hope that we'll have "half an Oink" in "half a year" :D

Defy
10-30-2007, 03:52 PM
[quote]

Currently they are hosted in canada.
The IP is also linked to some other domains:
http://www.aboutdomain.org/info/hey.com.vn/

Canada... eeeeeeeh. :ermm:

IceTee
10-30-2007, 04:30 PM
I think waffles has promise.. but it kind of scares me that he didn't even hide his domain whois info.

I think that's the kind of thing that once the Donations kick in will change :happy:

Bopi
10-30-2007, 04:58 PM
yes OiNK was a very good site adn i hope this ones too.

kallieb
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Actually Canada is not a bad site to host in. Demonoid is hosted in Canada right now and efforts to shut them down failed. The site is up and running with the knowledge of the gov't and the only barrier is that Demonoid had to bad the isp's of Canadian members.

Not a bad deal. Now that sucks for me as a Canadian, but speaks a lot to the safety of the site as a whole.

gabbhyka
10-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm waiting for it. There will be too many oink-substitutives. If only...

canopus
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
where i found invites?pls i got acc on oink,and i got proof,too

albatrossSKYER
10-30-2007, 06:26 PM
everyone needs to just chill about the invites, soon as the timer runs out and the site launches there will be more than enough invites for everyone that wants one. read the waffle site

jer_stud56
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Makes me mad I didn't save my oink.cd invite email...grrr. Well hopefully I'll find an invite sometime this week :). (Hint hint to the people that get one haha.)

DodgerD
10-30-2007, 07:00 PM
everyone needs to just chill about the invites, soon as the timer runs out and the site launches there will be more than enough invites for everyone that wants one. read the waffle site

Sure, but as a OiNK power user for 2,5 years I can't wait to be invited. So I hope I can get an invite here.:)

albatrossSKYER
10-30-2007, 08:02 PM
i found this in the irc room
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1744/picture2an6.png

GoodOmens
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Ahh thanks for the intel.

scholesy
10-30-2007, 08:08 PM
thanks....looks great!

dnero73
10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
nice lay out

DaNi92
10-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Nice :D

desiKing
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
not bad......? but what.cd much better compare all the hype up.

ata2006
10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Apps ( windows--mac--ebook ) ebook(fiction) ebook(nonfiction) WHERE ???

E learning videos audio book ???

albatrossSKYER
10-30-2007, 08:19 PM

personally i didnt like those things on oink. i think a music tracker is better without them. focus on the music

mrnobody
10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
thanks albatrossSKYER (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/albatrossskyer-155363) :)

blackbird
10-30-2007, 08:27 PM

personally i didnt like those things on oink. i think a music tracker is better without them. focus on the music

but oink was also the best appz tracker ..;)

albatrossSKYER
10-30-2007, 08:36 PM

but oink was also the best appz tracker ..;)

haha by far you must have been on some other tracker

novakpeti
10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
why IRC writes one like this-en the waffles.fm admin that :

Scene/topsite acess and/or DEDICATED seedbox? email [email protected] with details on your situation!

rvt
10-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Might be slightly off topic, but waffle isn't the only site where the owner did not protect their identity.

what.cd appears to be owned by a guy called Noah Lackstein, a commercial coder from Canada who likes Macs. He's friends with an Anthony Ryan, and used to blog.

You can dig this (and other stuff) up for yourself by searching lackstein.com (points to the same server, and the what.cd server still identifies itself as lackstein.com).

What.cd is on a leaseweb server, if it's shaping up as an oink replacement that may not be a great idea.

Tokeman
10-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Might be slightly off topic, but waffle isn't the only site where the owner did not protect their identity.

what.cd appears to be owned by a guy called Noah Lackstein, a commercial coder from Canada who likes Macs. He's friends with an Anthony Ryan, and used to blog.

You can dig this (and other stuff) up for yourself by searching lackstein.com (points to the same server, and the what.cd server still identifies itself as lackstein.com).

What.cd is on a leaseweb server, if it's shaping up as an oink replacement that may not be a great idea.

The hosting has been addressed, they are on a temporary server, and domain, all of which will change soon.

zedex
10-30-2007, 09:39 PM

well why dont u tell it to the cops and lets get it over :angry:

Alien5
10-30-2007, 09:42 PM
someone posted his address and he stepped down yesterday.

>(what.cd url here) /forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=289&page=1

iMartin
10-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Really interested to see how this is going to stack up against What.

mrnobody
10-30-2007, 10:23 PM

good idea lol j/k

traderman
10-30-2007, 10:25 PM
LOL when I saw this message after the opening

We open Oct. 31, Midnight PST
This website will be DOWN temporarily prior to launch

hmmmm what is happening:)

kindly regards

MaaxHimself
10-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Okay hopefully they will allow some signups at the beginning...

AmpeD
10-30-2007, 11:23 PM
heres how u get invites:
http://xs.vc/waffles.fm/faq.php

8 hrs and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starksukraine
10-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I am very excited for the Waffles.FM

Hopefully they got my email of my OINK donation.

rvt
10-30-2007, 11:34 PM

If I can find this out without the help of warrants and subpoenas, imagine what the police could find.

This information is publically available to anyone with half a brain, I haven't revealed any secrets.

The hosting has been addressed, they are on a temporary server, and domain, all of which will change soon.

Good to know. There was one mention in all the search results that Noah hosts other sites. If this is the case, then the owners security is not comprimised.

MaaxHimself
10-30-2007, 11:47 PM
heres how u get invites:
http://xs.vc/waffles.fm/faq.php

8 hrs and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that bro:D

AmpeD
10-31-2007, 12:05 AM
no problem

iMartin
10-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Blimey. Not open till 4 in the morning in the States. =\

Grind$oFine
10-31-2007, 02:45 AM
What a drag, I have absolutely no proof whatsoever.
Kind of a weird system they have... I hope there really are a lot of invites when they open and people are allowed to giveaway here.
5 hours 13 minutes :D

Unstable1
10-31-2007, 02:49 AM

and no audio books either. :cry:

fsephie
10-31-2007, 02:49 AM
You don't have anything? Any e-mail at all? Any torrent from the site AT ALL?

All things considered they are being extremely lenient with what will get you an invite.

mrnobody
10-31-2007, 03:03 AM
if you still have OiNK torrent in your client that does the job as well. If you don't...no worries. There will be plenty invites flying around.

and no audio books either. :cry:

sooo not kool :(

Grind$oFine
10-31-2007, 03:06 AM

All things considered they are being extremely lenient with what will get you an invite.

My email gets deleted after 30 days in my trash.
It's not like OiNK regularily sent email...
I don't have screenshots.
and I deleted all the .torrents when OiNK went down.
Took them out of my client and everything.
Of course I still have the files, but thats all thats left of OiNK, and theres no way to prove they're even from OiNK.

I don't think it would be that weird for someone not to have anything... not everyone keeps "useless" crap around..

lightsabers
10-31-2007, 03:06 AM
If I can find this out without the help of warrants and subpoenas, imagine what the police could find.

This information is publically available to anyone with half a brain, I haven't revealed any secrets.

Good to know. There was one mention in all the search results that Noah hosts other sites. If this is the case, then the owners security is not comprimised.

That rules out the police then.

dnero73
10-31-2007, 04:36 AM

My email gets deleted after 30 days in my trash.
It's not like OiNK regularily sent email...
I don't have screenshots.
and I deleted all the .torrents when OiNK went down.
Took them out of my client and everything.
Of course I still have the files, but thats all thats left of OiNK, and theres no way to prove they're even from OiNK.

I don't think it would be that weird for someone not to have anything... not everyone keeps "useless" crap around.. I´m in the same boat as you :cry:

dead1
10-31-2007, 05:34 AM
Hopefully you all enjoy the community we are setting up. Site opens soon... stay tuned :)

PlainShane
10-31-2007, 06:10 AM
I have a oink screen shot but I am a couple days too late. I will see everyone on the other side as soon as invites are being traded and not so popular :)

First of all... we need to see how shitty or great this tracker is before the hype train derails.

sexydingo
10-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Well, its open. Hopefully the invites start flowing.

Grind$oFine
10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Have you all seen the teasers posted on the site??
It's looks niiiiice.

relleuM
10-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Have you all seen the teasers posted on the site??
It's looks niiiiice.

Yeah just saw it, looks great.

http://www.waffles.fm/teaser1.png
http://www.waffles.fm/teaser2.png
http://www.waffles.fm/teaser3.png
http://www.waffles.fm/teaser4.png

ByteBitten
10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Funny how the portal mp3 is also on the site.

davidw89
10-31-2007, 09:07 AM
is the site open for invite?

predateur
10-31-2007, 09:42 AM
can you give me the irc channel ? i would try to get invite :)

relleuM
10-31-2007, 09:43 AM
irc.p2p-network.net #waffles.fm-chat

Daniel
10-31-2007, 09:54 AM
can you give me the irc channel ? i would try to get invite :)
The best you can expect from that is a ban.

predateur
10-31-2007, 10:02 AM
ok, thx relleum !

briand5379
10-31-2007, 10:47 AM
You need a registered nick to join the chat.

BawA
10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
i dont get it how people are going to get in in the 1st place when the opening is invite only?

SKGunners
10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
That's pretty weird. If they aim to be a replacement to OiNK then why are they letting so few users in? The key asset to OiNK's success was its users.

blackbird
10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
That's pretty weird. If they aim to be a replacement to OiNK then why are they letting so few users in? The key asset to OiNK's success was its users.

i dont think they can be a replacement for oinK.. they dont even have the appz / e-book section ..

but what.cd will replace oink :whistling

Qwest905
10-31-2007, 12:00 PM
invite anyone please?

flower2
10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
could you send scr Browse? Thx .Greetings:)

Presto
10-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Torrents 1,000

Going well.

nihility
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
anyone remember how many torrents oink had before it closed?

Presto
10-31-2007, 01:37 PM
^ ~210,000?

Sench
10-31-2007, 01:40 PM
didnt get an invite :( hope i will get it from someone else...irc not working for me...

nihility
10-31-2007, 01:43 PM
so you think maybe 200,000 or so not including the appz etc?
these sites have a long way to go
i dont really like how waffles is copying the ideas from pirate bay to make their site more popular and how what.cd is using the same domain as oink to make it seem affiliated but oh well i need somewhere to go so ill probably try to join one of them until oink returns *crosses fingers*

edit> i had a think about this and realised its sorta good because it will draw in the old oink community more so i guess i dont hate it so much lol
hopefully they have oink anti-cheat scripts and secure code :P

TinnsoldaT
10-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Think oink had about 206 000 torrents when it closed and 2 million seeders.

jasperr
10-31-2007, 02:20 PM
whats the deal with site???? didn't it just open today? and its invite only already?

Eminor9
10-31-2007, 02:38 PM
whats the deal with site???? didn't it just open today? and its invite only already?

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9082/Waffles.fm+Wil+Be+PRIVATE,+Sweden-Based+Music+Tracker+Site

read up

jasperr
10-31-2007, 02:50 PM
so, in that article it says that if someone can prove they were a member of oink before it went down, they could get an invite.... is that true??

redMonster
10-31-2007, 02:58 PM
The layout of waffles posted in a post above is nice. It is quite like oink. Hopefully i gather some screenshots of my late oink account to get an invite.

jasperr
10-31-2007, 03:02 PM
heh, only thing i found was my origanl invite mail..... never had screenies of it as it was suggested many times not to do so... so, i didn't :/

i was a power +user.... not that it matters much now anyways..

arkoaction
10-31-2007, 03:06 PM
still no info about how old users can get invite to new site..?

BawA
10-31-2007, 03:08 PM
i got very easy way to get invite, i will keep it secret till i get conformed. am not jocking!!
heheh

jasperr
10-31-2007, 03:09 PM
whats the irc link?

carinio
10-31-2007, 03:12 PM
waffles is a piece of crap with a lot of publicity, the people is sooo easy to manipulate.. my god..

BawA
10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
waffles is a piece of crap with a lot of publicity, the people is sooo easy to manipulate.. my god..

may i know how you came to that conclusion? site is not open yet how you know its a POC?
unless some how you got in.
it m8 turn out crap but its still soon to judge it.

albatrossSKYER
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9082/Waffles.fm+Wil+Be+PRIVATE,+Sweden-Based+Music+Tracker+Site

read up

thanks alot for this

BawA
10-31-2007, 03:24 PM
its OPENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

Sylar666
10-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Site is open and rocks.

BawA
10-31-2007, 03:25 PM
http://waffles.fm/login.php

blackbird
10-31-2007, 03:26 PM
i got very easy way to get invite, i will keep it secret till i get conformed. am not jocking!!
heheh

run forest , run :naughty:

Presto
10-31-2007, 03:33 PM
heheh

lol @ forrest gump trivia :)

I kinda liked watching it - forrest gump is my fav movie as well. :shifty:

John1988
10-31-2007, 03:35 PM
this link doesnt work

BawA
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM

heheh i also have it on my pc, one of my favorites :D

this link doesnt work

it wont let you to signup, i just gived the link for those who cant get pass the front page.

blackbird
10-31-2007, 03:41 PM

lol.. that Xeppo guy is amazing :lol:

and here is a screenshot of waffles.fm with Oink stylesheet :w00t::w00t::w00t:

http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07443/waffleoink.png

Something Else
10-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Did they give you invites to start with then?

Presto
10-31-2007, 03:44 PM
^ yeah 2 invites

tef
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
exciting:yup:

vytexx
10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
nice category icons

bystpt
10-31-2007, 04:02 PM
still waiting for a invite, sent the 'info' 3 days ago :(

Grind$oFine
10-31-2007, 04:23 PM
How many people are signed up already?

Presto
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM

I bet tomorrow you'll see much more invites floating around.

jasperr
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM

I bet tomorrow you'll see much more invites floating around.

hopefully... :wacko:

ZoorBa
10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
how can i go to irc of waffles

canopus
10-31-2007, 05:14 PM
how can i go to irc of wafflesTalk to us at #waffles.fm-chat on irc.p2p-network.net (irc://irc.p2p-network.net) - News in #waffles.fm
:naughty:

Sylar666
10-31-2007, 05:40 PM
1011, as I browse the site.

_asd_
10-31-2007, 05:44 PM
How did you get invite? IRC or smth?

John1988
10-31-2007, 05:56 PM
free leech started :)

wrongun92
10-31-2007, 06:06 PM
did people get replies to their emails yet?

But over 1000+users already

Sylar666
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
How did you get invite? IRC or smth?
Made many friends (and some adversaries) by some giveaways. I was invited immediately as it started. Now there is freeleech.

Alien5
10-31-2007, 07:18 PM
2 invites per user

Pzero
10-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Finally got in, thank goodness for free leech or I'd be unable to get any upload cred..too much server lag to upload albums easily.

dnero73
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
yo7 guys that got in are lucky looks like a cool site

DodgerD
10-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Aargh, still not invited. So as non of my OiNKfriends. Hope there are soon more invites available.

daz411
10-31-2007, 09:19 PM
wow didn't think it would be this tough to get an invite to waffles. I have my original invite to OiNK, does anyone know where I send the email to? thx...

XS75
10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
I find it quite amazing how a music tracker with <1500 members and <3500 torrents can have almost 1500 users idling in their IRC Channel

Polarbear
10-31-2007, 09:22 PM
be patient. there will be loads of invites. the server is totally overloaded. you can't browse the site anyway atm.

edit: same with what btw.

John1988
10-31-2007, 09:29 PM
totaly crashed

mrnobody
10-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Nardz (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/nardz-91057), make request in right section bro

niceguy4
10-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Oink Ratio
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/siscokid10/Oinkratio2.png
If anyone has an extra invite i would love to have one. please pm me :)

do you realize how retarded of a post that is? that doesnt prove ANYTHING!!!! you blocked out ur email, ur user name. lol anybody could say that's there "proof"

McLovin
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
is waffles down for you?

Alien5
10-31-2007, 11:01 PM
yeah, they cant handle so many signups all at once

stitched
10-31-2007, 11:05 PM
the site has crashed !!!i cant seem to open it.. is it jsut me or the site is actually down?

Alien5
10-31-2007, 11:08 PM
i got this email about waffles:

Hey everyone.

This is a mass email sent to all of the users of the OiNK memorial forum, and it's about the new site waffles.fm

As many of you know, that site opened today. Since it is invite only, the result is a whole lot of you don't have invites, and obviously want them.

I'm asking you, personally, to please be patient. People have been complaning about PM's from people they don't know asking for invites. I've gotten countless emails and PM's about it, and I don't have anything to do with the management of that site.

The site just launched, and already it is lagging and bogged down with all the new users joining and uploading. Building a good torrent site takes time, and the staff and the server can't handle all 4,000 of you joining at the same time.

The users on the site have limited invites at this point, and probably won't give them out to people they don't know. So please, be patient. Stop making threads and sending PMs to staff members about it, because it will only make the staff here and the staff there more frustrated. We're doing a lot of work for you guys, so if you could please respect our rules, that would be fantastic.

Your invites will come in time. OiNK was a great thing, and we can't expect to have it exactly the same way instantly.

Thanks for reading this,
Toastercooky

AkaiDoresu
10-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry for nooby question, i didnt follow the whole thread, but where can i make invite request for waffles.fm?

Alien5
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
no problem, here:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-wafflesfm-invite-request-thread-245378/page19

Pzero
11-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Oi, everything's down...what.cd and waffles T_T

mrnobody
11-01-2007, 12:24 AM
i got this email about waffles:

Hey everyone.

This is a mass email sent to all of the users of the OiNK memorial forum, and it's about the new site waffles.fm

As many of you know, that site opened today. Since it is invite only, the result is a whole lot of you don't have invites, and obviously want them.

I'm asking you, personally, to please be patient. People have been complaning about PM's from people they don't know asking for invites. I've gotten countless emails and PM's about it, and I don't have anything to do with the management of that site.

The site just launched, and already it is lagging and bogged down with all the new users joining and uploading. Building a good torrent site takes time, and the staff and the server can't handle all 4,000 of you joining at the same time.

The users on the site have limited invites at this point, and probably won't give them out to people they don't know. So please, be patient. Stop making threads and sending PMs to staff members about it, because it will only make the staff here and the staff there more frustrated. We're doing a lot of work for you guys, so if you could please respect our rules, that would be fantastic.

Your invites will come in time. OiNK was a great thing, and we can't expect to have it exactly the same way instantly.

Thanks for reading this,
Toastercooky

+1

relleuM
11-01-2007, 04:03 AM
waffles is getting Ddos'd at the moment.

w3stfa11
11-01-2007, 04:26 AM
Does waffles have apps or elearning stuff?

Polarbear
11-01-2007, 04:30 AM
Does waffles have apps or elearning stuff?

only music so far.

lunar21
11-01-2007, 05:06 AM
Hey guys is it me or does the URL change to http://xs.vc/waffles.fm/ when you go to there site? Could that mean that this whole Waffles.fm thing could be a joke?

McLovin
11-01-2007, 05:18 AM
no... their server is getting ddos'd they fowarded it to that domain/server until they can bring their site back up.

Unstable1
11-01-2007, 06:43 AM
just received an email from Oinks memorial forum:

------------

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "OiNK's Pink Palace Memorial Forum". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

[email protected]

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone.

This is a mass email sent to all of the users of the OiNK memorial forum, and it's about the new site waffles.fm (http://waffles.fm/)

Thanks for reading this,
Toastercooky

-----------------

good stuff!

mattnmarley
11-01-2007, 06:46 AM
You're a member of http://www.ohax.com/phpBB2/index.php that email didn't come from waffles.

Unstable1
11-01-2007, 06:55 AM
You're a member of http://www.ohax.com/phpBB2/index.php that email didn't come from waffles.

yeah, i realised that after re-reading the email. lol

ive edited my post above accordingly.

DaNi92
11-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Waffles.fm down?

relleuM
11-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Waffles.fm down?

They are still getting dos attacks.

exphy
11-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I hope that i'll stop soon

stitched
11-01-2007, 11:24 AM
i think some one from waffle should make a statement about how long it would take form the site to start working.....thatz the least they could do

Alien5
11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
you just gotta know where to look....

We've been trying to log in via SSH all night but the server doesn't respond. Since domain has been redirected to a temporary static page, there should be no announces or similar that could cause this slowdown. All that's left is DDoS really.

The guy who's responsible for the hosting is not at home but he gave us all details needed...at least that's what we thought. We can't reboot the server so we'll have to wait for him to return.

We are sorry, we never expected this. Maybe we were a bit naive but we'll have a new server tomorrow which we will protect better.

Thank you for being patient.

Sylar666
11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
@Alien5
Thanx, Buddy...as only speaking on my behalf, I fully understand Your desire to kick ass, but a tracker which claims to become some resurrection or alternative for piggy has too face issues. But no worries: eventually U'll overcome any difficulties! United we stand, and I lay my trust upon Waffle. Get back as soon as possible, but not before Your server is solid enough. U know: U can resist everything but temptation. If it takes 3 days, be it! We-Users-gonna be around for sure - be assured - eagerly to embark on seeding and uploading. Wish U the best!

Alien5
11-01-2007, 12:33 PM
no problem, i just coped 'n' pasted this news from oink memorial forums ( http://www.ohax.com/phpBB2/index.php ), :lol:

i also have faith in both of them pulling through this though.

stitched
11-01-2007, 12:43 PM
hey thanks.. for the news update

wrongun92
11-01-2007, 04:18 PM
hey guys, did you get replies to the invites from the emails that you guys sent. I didnt get a reply yet :(

DSLFreak
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
hey guys, did you get replies to the invites from the emails that you guys sent. I didnt get a reply yet :(Still waiting. :whistling

leelandhill
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
me also no reply from waffles yet... but i heard that they maybe need a week to reply to all requests

Vagaz
11-01-2007, 05:08 PM
You mean the "waffles > what" pictures? Went through the pics and saved them, they will be dealt with when the site gets back up. :)

Alien5
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
i think leelandhill is asking about the 'proof' email replys

jer_stud56
11-01-2007, 09:18 PM
You'll be enjoying your waffles shortly, don't worry.

We're going over some security measures before we launch the site again. As well, we will have a new server up tomorrow

mmm. Waffles.
I can't wait :) Just wish I didn't delete my OiNK invite email. That's all I ever got from them. Grr.

Polarbear
11-02-2007, 05:43 AM
-invites disabled
-new server tomorrow

Grind$oFine
11-02-2007, 05:46 AM
That's kinda sad,

even though I saw that one coming. :(

PooBar
11-02-2007, 05:53 AM
so if you have your oink acc email does it mean you can get an invite to waffles;

sense
11-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Invites disabled already? It's only been a few days. :(

Grind$oFine
11-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Invites disabled already? It's only been a few days. :(

I'm guessing/hoping it's just temporary until they get their new server?

rmartin
11-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah, they say it's only temporary.

Saroman
11-02-2007, 11:21 PM
@Current Members...

Howz the interface of the site..?

Alien5
11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
everything works well & looks good, in the future think it will be the sct of music

Sylar666
11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Very nice, I like it - I use the pink one...
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/104/waffleoinkys7.png

briand5379
11-03-2007, 04:09 AM
So are invites for the site back online.

kallieb
11-03-2007, 04:10 AM
nope

relleuM
11-03-2007, 04:13 AM
So are invites for the site back online.

Maybe when they get their new server up we might be able to use invites again.

susuk
11-03-2007, 10:25 AM
i think leelandhill is asking about the 'proof' email replys

I still have my old Oink confirmation mail.
Where am I supposed to send it, to be on the invite list?

Alien5
11-03-2007, 10:45 AM
http://touchingvirus.net/

susuk
11-03-2007, 10:54 AM

thank you, I hope I am not too late!

sangos
11-03-2007, 12:26 PM

i cant find where am suppose to send any proof that i was a Oink User

any help ??

Alien5
11-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Q: Am I too late to get an invite?
A: It depends on your situation. If you were an OiNK member then you can send reasonable proof (see below) of your OiNK membership to [email protected]

If you were not an OiNK member then you're just going to have to wait it out until somebody gives you an invite - begging is not allowed in the channel, have some fucking self-respect

Dawkins19312
11-03-2007, 01:17 PM
A: It depends on your situation. If you were an OiNK member then you can send reasonable proof (see below) of your OiNK membership to [email protected]

If you were not an OiNK member then you're just going to have to wait it out until somebody gives you an invite - begging is not allowed in the channel, have some fucking self-respect

How are we suppose to prove we were OiNK members?

Alien5
11-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Q: What is reasonable proof of OiNK membership?
A: Here is an example of the things you can send to prove you were an OiNK member

* A screen shot of your Oink Profile, Header, Snatch List etc
* Screen shots and/or forwards of any emails received from Oink, including but not limited to: your invite email, a receipt of your paypal donation (please remove transaction IDs and/or bank account numbers), or oink torrents left on your machine with full urls

g1golos
11-03-2007, 03:08 PM
i send my OiNK proof
when i get invite?
i wait 3 days and yet don't get invite???

Polarbear
11-03-2007, 03:11 PM
i send my OiNK proof
when i get invite?

in a few days or maybe never. they received thousands of mails.

Joeymad
11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
i send my OiNK proof
when i get invite?
Seriously, calm down. How quickly do you think YOU could sift through thousands of emails? I just sent mine about 5 minutes ago and I am happy to wait.

g1golos
11-03-2007, 03:23 PM
ok ok i wait :D :D

sangos
11-03-2007, 04:10 PM

thxx m8 :happy:

Eytan
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I didn't read the whole thing but can someone tell me who i have to email in order to send my oink proofs.

Kyl3KK
11-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Are you kidding? Look above your post.

Eytan
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
opss :lol:... got it. thx

Kyl3KK
11-03-2007, 04:53 PM
No problem... lol

mikechrobot
11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm really pissed because i have no real proof that i was at oink, my invitation e-mail is gone, and all screens I ever took are gone of the hosting servers as well
All i have are some Oink torrents with my passkey, so would that be legitamate if I gave my account info with it or not?