PDA

View Full Version : Your seedbox kills my ratio

Skiz
10-30-2007, 09:22 PM
That's right, your seedboxes kill my ratio. It's tough going for the little man these days.

I just uploaded a torrent on Pedro's which has gotten a lot of quick leechers. I saw that 20+ members jumped on in the first 5-10 minutes, so I should get a good amount of upload, right? Wrong.

Current stats:

27 seeders
6 leechers
1.146 ratio

:dry:

Doesn't really make us want to upload when not much is received.

Should trackers give uploaders a minimum of 2.0 or 3.0 ratio when uploading? Seems to me that uploaders should get a bit more for their troubles; at least with FLAC rips.

thejosher
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah.. I finally gave in a got a box to build a buffer on my most used trackers because of this. :P

I think maybe an overseeding enforcement on trackers might help.. i.e. not reporting any download after the torrent has reached a 8.00 ratio for example. I dunno.

Tokeman
10-30-2007, 09:26 PM
its not the seedboxes, its the users who think they just HAVE to buff up their accounts so they can hit and run later (or trade it later?)
Buffing accounts excessivly kills other peoples ratio's. Everything has to even out, so if your getting 5.00+ ratio on a torrent, theres 5 people out there with 0.
Seed, but stop the excessive buffing people! no one likes hit and runners anyway!

Skiz
10-30-2007, 09:29 PM
its not the seedboxes, its the users who think they just HAVE to buff up their accounts so they can hit and run later (or trade it later?)
Buffing accounts excessivly kills other peoples ratio's. Everything has to even out, so if your getting 5.00+ ratio on a torrent, theres 5 people out there with 0.
Seed, but stop the excessive buffing people! no one likes hit and runners anyway!

I agree. I invited a member to Pedro's recently and looked at their account after some 2 days, to see the account had been buffered to almost 200GB already. :dry:

While he's obviously contributing, it harms the tracker and it's users as a whole. Cut it out, you arses.

pro267
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I totally agree with you about seedboxes making normal user's lives hell (metaphorically speaking).
Perhaps the solution is that trackers limit their users' ratios/buffers. I mean, come on, there's no good reason whatsoever for anyone to have a 10+ ratio with a 50GB+ buffer.

thejosher
Well I think in general it's not a big deal as long as the site does something to help with it.

TL, has a lot of leechers so seeding there is easy.

various sites use bonus points, which are nice but kinda cheap and easy to abuse.

Free leech is a great to level out ratios.

sear
Why buy a seedbox...never pay for file sharing ;) unless you want to be an uploader I can't see the point. I find that I usually get a similar ratio on torrent's I upload. The trick is to just keep seeding it for ages then when most of the other seeds drop off you'll get some more. I have a couple going like that now that have ratios in the sixes and sevens.

relleuM
10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I think trackers need to start enforcing some sort of overseeding rule. Something like if you reach a ratio of 2:1 then you must you must leave the torrent. But if a tracker has alot of users it is going to be hard to police, not unless they use a some sort of script.

Tokeman
10-30-2007, 09:43 PM
They could use a script for that, similar to wait times, but in reverse. After >2.0 ratio on a finished download, the tracker could stop recording data from that user. This way they could still be 'helping' but are not recieving a huge buffer for doing it.

Also, I think this idea is only good for well seeded torrents. Torrents with <~5 seeders or so should be left alone, some one has to seed 'em!

SgtMajor
10-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah.. I finally gave in a got a box to build a buffer on my most used trackers because of this. :P

I think maybe an overseeding enforcement on trackers might help.. i.e. not reporting any download after the torrent has reached a 8.00 ratio for example. I dunno.

Well I think in general it's not a big deal as long as the site does something to help with it.

TL, has a lot of leechers so seeding there is easy.

various sites use bonus points, which are nice but kinda cheap and easy to abuse.

Free leech is a great to level out ratios.

I got an 11.xxx and 12.xxx ratio on bitmetv and ftn respectively on this last ep :)

You're young, so I won't point out the obvious inconsistencies.

fOrUmAs
10-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree also on seedboxes but that is not problem if sites like TL,Bitsoup,ST,RevTT and few others have over 40,50K members but the problem is when site like S******,SCT,.. that have no more than 18K so its impossible to seed at least to 1:1 or more..if these site have more member then there will be no problem..

well i have no problem on s**** oday/mp3 is great help..so i can and most there can no have good ratio also:)

Racket
10-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Skizo, was the .torrent you uploaded personal content you created? or was it something you got somewhere else? Maybe they could have done the same thing and just jumped from leeching to seeding in 2 secs.

AmpeD
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
i need a seedbox too. I got ca$h in my paypal, pm me if ur willing to share if I pay you.

psxcite
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
You don't complain about the seedboxes when you get those amazing speeds on sites? And to the guy talking about paying for filesharing? Come on. Boxes are just another tool. Like the bigger HDDs you buy to download with or the faster ISP line. Or all the blank DVDs to store the stuff.

People who say they don't pay for filesharing are the same guys who say they don't pay for sex. Guess what? One way or another...you pay.

GoodOmens
10-30-2007, 09:59 PM

There are some mods out there targeted at seed boxes. Its of course up to the site to use them.

stroj
10-30-2007, 10:07 PM
You don't complain about the seedboxes when you get those amazing speeds on sites?
Well said..

mrnobody
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
yup seedboxes are obstacles to higher ratio, or is not having seedbox an obstacle?

i am looking for a tracker that does not allow seedbox :rolleyes:

EDIT:

You don't complain about the seedboxes when you get those amazing speeds on sites? And to the guy talking about paying for filesharing? Come on. Boxes are just another tool. Like the bigger HDDs you buy to download with or the faster ISP line. Or all the blank DVDs to store the stuff.

People who say they don't pay for filesharing are the same guys who say they don't pay for sex. Guess what? One way or another...you pay.

+1

Polarbear
10-30-2007, 10:31 PM
overseeding is and will be the biggest problem for trackers. it's a vicious circle.

overseeded - no leecher - more overseeded - less leecher...

many trackers don't realise, that leecher are more important than high buffers.

a good tracker user should have a ration close to 1:1.

ridicoulous high ratios hurt the tracker. some people will never understand this.

kaffeine
10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I like iPlay's point of view about overseeding:

Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 2.0, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio.Everybody likes to have a nice ratio and jump to the next user class, and sometimes we just abuse it by overseeding. But we all should think about this quote while overseeding. (besides, there's really no need to have a huge buffer since most places won't allow you to h&r... well, unless your aiming for a future trade :/

MrLazy
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
its hard to say, some people have high connection speeds and others have slow speeds ...i mean really slow ..:P people with high speeds upload a lot which gives users the ability to download faster ...look if no one had fast speeds, you guys would complain that the speeds are crap ...basically users with slow crap speeds try to leave your PC on 24/7 and eventually you'll keep a good ratio ..OR GET FASTER connection. Remember you get what you pay for ..some people are just too cheap to spend money on a better ISP thats all ... i do understand that some people cant really afford it or whatever the reason is but users with high speeds do indeed contribute a lot in the bittorrent world....

Polarbear
10-30-2007, 10:47 PM

Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 2.0, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio.Everybody likes to have a nice ratio and jump to the next user class, and sometimes we just abuse it by overseeding. But we all should think about this quote while overseeding. (besides, there's really no need to have a huge buffer since most places won't allow you to h&r... well, unless your aiming for a future trade :/

another big tracker has the same rule - nobody cares about it.
buffers are worthless with a hit and run rule.
that's another thing many people don't get.

people buffer accounts for invites and for trading.
they don't do it because they want to dl more.

MrLazy
10-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Everybody likes to have a nice ratio and jump to the next user class, and sometimes we just abuse it by overseeding. But we all should think about this quote while overseeding. (besides, there's really no need to have a huge buffer since most places won't allow you to h&r... well, unless your aiming for a future trade :/

another big tracker has the same rule - nobody cares about it.
buffers are worthless with a hit and run rule.
that's another thing many people don't get.

people buffer accounts for invites and for trading.
they don't do it because they want to dl more.hey dude my buffer on czone is pretty high ..and its not hard ..i dont do it for trading at all .. i do it cuz it helps people get the files faster ...everyone hates waiting ages for a file they want ... :D Also if no one had good speeds on a tracker .. this bittorrent thing would go down the drain ...

PS: You get what you pay for !

ibnahmed
10-30-2007, 10:58 PM
there are always fors and pros for seedboxes
fors, if u are a downloader, u get it very fast

pros, damage people lifes (torrent life i mean)
so it has to be balanced
i guess i dont want to download a movie in 10 hours cuz the uploaders are at very low speeds

it is confusing,
but normally people get seedboxes just to get something more than the material they download
i assure u that there are people who just download stuff just to build ratio, they never use it. (i do that sometimes)

KFlint
10-30-2007, 11:15 PM

I agree. I invited a member to Pedro's recently and looked at their account after some 2 days, to see the account had been buffered to almost 200GB already. :dry:

While he's obviously contributing, it harms the tracker and it's users as a whole. Cut it out, you arses.

:whistling:whistling:whistling

but seedboxes help people getting the files faster, which is also important
i personnaly don't like leeching something for 5 days

the worst thing of all is buffering an account with "drinks on me" torrent on e***o, where you eat up the uploader ratio...!

except this case, i don't see anything bad using seedboxes if not done excessively, it's a great help for any site

next time you want to upload something in pedro's, i'll let you use my box if you want ;)

sleepyy
10-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I agree people should not over seed by 10x the file size if one a person has given double then give others a chance as well the only problems i see could would be that speed could be effected but i can't see harm in that if there is 20+ seeders on the torrent

I can't see why people would need 200 gig + extra uploaded for what when they hardly download anything in the first place it's not as if they are going to plan a mass leech atack and take every thing the site has

MrLazy
10-30-2007, 11:39 PM
sometimes i just over-seed cause theres a lot of leechers and some people seriously have shit connection and cant upload for beans..leaving all the leechers struggling behind for days or even weeks which is kinda lame.

Melvinmeow
10-30-2007, 11:39 PM
I agree people should not over seed by 10x the file size if one a person has given double then give others a chance as well the only problems i see could would be that speed could be effected but i can't see harm in that if there is 20+ seeders on the torrent

I can't see why people would need 200 gig + extra uploaded for what when they hardly download anything in the first place it's not as if they are going to plan a mass leech atack and take every thing the site has

Some people with seedboxes in particular probably figure...
I paid for X gigs transfer a month. Might as well use it or lose it...

sleepyy
10-30-2007, 11:49 PM

Some people with seedboxes in particular probably figure...
I paid for X gigs transfer a month. Might as well use it or lose it...

You could do that with 25 torrents instead of 5 torrents you get the same effect and gives others a chance to seed as i said the only downside to this if seedboxes stop seeding say after double then speed will fall and be efected also where do 25 torrents hit at the same time from the same box i don't think people do that as they don't have 25 torrent's to upload at once but that's my opinion i don't know because i have never been an uploader or even owned a seedbox. i like to download very quickly i do not enjoy waiting hours for my downloads so there is an up and a down side to this

Artemis
10-31-2007, 01:19 AM
I notice alot of people here saying that it would be good if people stopped seeding after a ratio of 2, yet to get to higher user classes on many sites you need to have both uploaded a great deal 1tb is pretty much standard and have ratios that are + 3 or 4 so many sites encourage super seeding. Then of course there is the e-penis crowd who go around quoting their 1337 stats like it is a badge of honor. The sites do well by a high throughput, the more users uploading and downloading the torrents and / or the higher the data transfer rates the more attractive the tracker. A simple answer to resolve these issues is to follow the ftn model and remove ratio's completely, as the staff said at the time they are not in the business of selling ratio's so they removed them. There is a place for seedboxes, they are needed to upload efficiently so that you can get your super fast file transfer speeds when you first connect to a new torrent and as melvin said many complain here when the file transfer is slow, but you want everyone to play nice and stop seeding when they get to a certain ratio...... why should they? it is not a case of h&r it is a case of finding something that is an old torrent that is already well seeded and being able to go oh well I can grab that because your buffer that you built up can easily absorb the download without a warning. You still seed after the download knowing full well that no one will probably download the torrent again but it gives you the freedom to be able to look around and get what you want at leisure instead of hovering over the new torrents and agonising whether your ratio can take the hit, so screw it why shouldn't we do it ! In the end ratio's don't make a site good or bad it is the torrents and the amount of activity generated by the them that makes them more attractive, ScT is seedbox city but you all rave about the super fast speeds there, news of the day you can't have your cake & eat it too..........

AmpeD
10-31-2007, 01:20 AM
I notice alot of people here saying that it would be good if people stopped seeding after a ratio of 2, yet to get to higher user classes on many sites you need to have both uploaded a great deal 1tb is pretty much standard and have ratios that are + 3 or 4 so many sites encourage super seeding. Then of course there is the e-penis crowd who go around quoting their 1337 stats like it is a badge of honor. The sites do well by a high throughput, the more users uploading and downloading the torrents and / or the higher the data transfer rates the more attractive the tracker. A simple answer to resolve these issues is to follow the ft.n model and remove ratio's completely, as the staff said at the time they are not in the business of selling ratio's so they removed them. There is a place for seedboxes, they are needed to upload efficiently so that you can get your super fast file transfer speeds when you first connect to a new torrent and as melvin said many complain here when the file transfer is slow, but you want everyone to play nice and stop seeding when they get to a certain ratio...... why should they? it is not a case of h&r it is a case of finding something that is an old torrent that is already well seeded and being able to go oh well I can grab that because your buffer that you built up can easily absorb the download without a warning. You still seed after the download knowing full well that no one will probably download the torrent again but it gives you the freedom to be able to look around and get what you want at leisure instead of hovering over the new torrents and agonising whether your ratio can take the hit, so screw it why shouldn't we do it ! In the end ratio's don't make a site good or bad it is the torrents and the amount of activity generated by the them that makes them more attractive, ScT is seedbox city but you all rave about the super fast speeds there, news of the day you can't have your cake & eat it too......... As I said earlier ftn.n has pointed the way.
I aint readin all that :snooty:

WarrenBuffet
10-31-2007, 01:23 AM
GOOD SKIZO. It makes me THAT much happier knowing my 4 (soon to be 10) boxes are getting u banned on E**** and whatnot. Jk, I still luv ya (not rly)

SgtMajor
10-31-2007, 01:25 AM
I aint readin all that :snooty:

So why quote "all that"? :snooty: :snooty:

Dr_Green_Thumb
10-31-2007, 01:34 AM
The key is quantity not quality (upload speed). I have a terabyte of content I seed at SCT and I keep my upload connection maxed all the time. I dedicate most my bandwidth there so that I can always grab whatever I want.

Skiz
10-31-2007, 02:41 AM
GOOD SKIZO. It makes me THAT much happier knowing my 4 (soon to be 10) boxes are getting u banned on E**** and whatnot. Jk, I still luv ya (not rly)

Why would I be banned on e****? :blink:

I have a nice ratio there, thank you very much... all due to few seedboxes I'm sure.

TheFoX
10-31-2007, 02:53 AM
It's tough going for the little man these days.

Sorry to go off topic, but just how short are you then?

Mister Moo
10-31-2007, 05:44 AM

I have a nice ratio there, thank you very much... all due to few seedboxes I'm sure.

yea no one has a seedbox there hence sucky speeds:pinch:

davidw89
10-31-2007, 06:22 AM
you dont need a seedbox..
people do it to show off, buffer etc, but whats the point if you cant hit and run with like 2 TB buffer
i'd rather just download what you need and upload it back, even if that means leaving your shitty residential speed on for a month..and even longer for a decent ratio.

sert
10-31-2007, 07:00 AM
Good point Skizo, in my opinion trackers should press members to keep an all around ratio around 1 - 1.5, in order to avoid all these huge buffers and teens with seedboxes stepping fast on every torrent uploaded, regardless if they need the torrent or not.

These huge buffers and extreme ratios are really bothering me too.

Bucktoof
10-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Sure, some overdo it and I have been guilty a couple times of that. But having the extra upload credit encourages me to download old torrents that have fewer seeders, and definitely no leechers. This is especially true of dvds, bigger torrents that is.

I follow the rules on every site when I can't upload back to 1.0, and I do more than the 36, 72, or longer hour seeding commitment. But every so often you find a torrent that was upped ages ago and you suddenly want it.

silhoutte
10-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Sure, some overdo it and I have been guilty a couple times of that. But having the extra upload credit encourages me to download old torrents that have fewer seeders, and definitely no leechers. This is especially true of dvds, bigger torrents that is.

I follow the rules on every site when I can't upload back to 1.0, and I do more than the 36, 72, or longer hour seeding commitment. But every so often you find a torrent that was upped ages ago and you suddenly want it.

That's why i like sites having karma/bonus for seeding and for other site activities. I guess, all sites adopting them are successful and hope more sites will do it in the future. I don't think, one who buys a seedbox watch or use all those junk he downloads when his internet connection is not more than 1 or 2 mbps.

But we all have to go with it. I have to buffer my accounts most times to dl old stuff or those torrents i can't catch up having leechers with big fat pipes. I just survive due to my seeding techniques, never had a seedbox for myself but will think about getting one if people continue buffering their accounts in the same way.

IMO, the best site to be on for someone like me is FTN or my fav bonus sites.

rvt
10-31-2007, 09:40 AM
people do it to show off, buffer etc, but whats the point if you cant hit and run with like 2 TB buffer

Having a seedbox is not just for showing off at all.
When I upload a torrent somewhere, I seed it at 20mb/s+ for a total of 6-700% to get it started. I could seed from home, but at <50KB/s, people would be pissed. My seedbox can saturate 2.5 UK broadband connection downloads at least, my home upload can do 1/20th of a home connection.

Another good reason for seedboxes is that you'll never catch me whining about how my ISP blocks torrents etc, no matter what policies they introduce. All those hundreds of thousands of comcast users using torrents might as well be H&R, because comcast cuts off the seeding. With a seedbox, that problem goes away.
Would you rather get your torrent from 500 comcast users or just 5 seedboxes?

All those times you see a single uploader with a home connection doing 25KB/s to 50 peers, things improve massively if a seedbox is introduced.
Seedboxes can suck down all the data that's already in the swarm very quickly, and redistribute it to everyone else.

Finally, a 2TB buffer can be used up.
Those with seedboxes and high buffers can afford to download all those torrents that haven't a hope in hell of being seeded back. I'm not afraid to download 3 month old 50GB torrents when I have 500+GB to spare.
That ratio helps the people who need it most, those who arrived late on a torrent and have not been able to seed it back.

GoLDeN
10-31-2007, 10:23 AM
hehehe 4 that reason skizo i will rent 2 more seedboxs

Skiz
10-31-2007, 11:07 AM

yea no one has a seedbox there hence sucky speeds:pinch:

I'll take "sucky" speeds any day on a music tracker over fast speeds and not being able to seed.

A couple hundred MB at e**** doesn't take long to download at 60kbps or so, and it's relatively easy to seed back. I love it.

Having a seedbox is not just for showing off at all.
When I upload a torrent somewhere, I seed it at 20mb/s+ for a total of 6-700% to get it started. I could seed from home, but at <50KB/s, people would be pissed. My seedbox can saturate 2.5 UK broadband connection downloads at least, my home upload can do 1/20th of a home connection.

Another good reason for seedboxes is that you'll never catch me whining about how my ISP blocks torrents etc, no matter what policies they introduce. All those hundreds of thousands of comcast users using torrents might as well be H&R, because comcast cuts off the seeding. With a seedbox, that problem goes away.
Would you rather get your torrent from 500 comcast users or just 5 seedboxes?

All those times you see a single uploader with a home connection doing 25KB/s to 50 peers, things improve massively if a seedbox is introduced.
Seedboxes can suck down all the data that's already in the swarm very quickly, and redistribute it to everyone else.

Finally, a 2TB buffer can be used up.
Those with seedboxes and high buffers can afford to download all those torrents that haven't a hope in hell of being seeded back. I'm not afraid to download 3 month old 50GB torrents when I have 500+GB to spare.
That ratio helps the people who need it most, those who arrived late on a torrent and have not been able to seed it back.

Hey, I'm all for seed boxes and great speeds but fss, get off the torrent after you've given back 3:1 and let all the other new seeders have a shot at getting a 1:1.

BudgieSmuggler
10-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Can't be bothered reading the pages in this thread but those who want big buffers have small dicks... or a sucky internet connection speed

Effer
10-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Makes you wonder about the whole future of private torrent trackers ... The more seedboxes there are at high-levelers, the more the people will be getting one for themselves.

At some point, a 10 000 member level 5 may be all seeboxes competing for every new torrent out and may put the entire site in question.

It's great to have lightning speeds, but I'd always go for two days of 10 GB download and an easy seed than maxing out at my downstream limit.

furip2k
10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
this thread is just the rantings of a mad man. no one is actually going to listen and stop seeding so much.

Skiz
10-31-2007, 12:42 PM
this thread is just the rantings of a mad man. no one is actually going to listen and stop seeding so much.

Great point.

Well represented.

Something Else
10-31-2007, 02:20 PM

You are right in as much as nobody will listen or stop seeding so much :dabs: The way torrents are designed is a numbers game which you are encouraged to play. Users play the numbers game to get bigger numbers so..........let them have fun... :w00t:

dashboardy
10-31-2007, 02:38 PM

You are right in as much as nobody will listen or stop seeding so much :dabs: The way torrents are designed is a numbers game which you are encouraged to play. Users play the numbers game to get bigger numbers so..........let them have fun... :w00t:

nicely put. I personally would be sad if the seedboxes stopped at 3:1. Particularly on 0-day trackers, it's really not that hard to keep ratio as long as you build your ratio with new stuff. I still wanna be able to leech old stuff fast. Let the seedboxes seed!

If we limited the seedboxes like that, we would have a neutered torrent site. In no way is it showing off... how many lays are you gonna get by having a huge e-penis?

Just be responsible with what you leech!

nihility
10-31-2007, 02:53 PM
people with seedboxes generally dont keep seeding from them once a torent gets old.
ive been seeding some torents for about 3 months and because im one of the few seeders left, i upload alot on them and i can easily keep my ratio/get a pretty decent buffer on home connection :)
seedboxes are good because it enables you to get the new files really fast

Cheffy
10-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Skizo, You do make a valid point.

But one should also consider the benefits of having a box in the swarm.
It greatly increases the download speed for everyone that downloads it.
And speed does matter, well it does for me. If i cant hit 1MB down on a new movie or an episode i want to watch ill get a bit disappointed.

jasperr
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
i agree with skizo on this.... seedboxes have their uses and place but, com'on already peoples... i never actually notice this issue much untill i saw this thread. but it makes perfect sense to me now.. i have witnessed the same scenarios with me uploading torrents recently and before i knew it, there were 3-4 seeds and i get nothing after the first completion of it... i personally think all trackers should limit seedbox activity.. some already ban them outright from their sites... some need notice of seedbox use or they deem you cheater and ban you..... i think some type of control like is neccessary, what the heck is someone gonna do with a 1-2-3 TB account anyways besides brag and or trade it..??

xxzzxx
11-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Skizo, can u insight us about Pedro's revenge ?

SAM
04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
this topic has a better povs than the other one :)

stoi
04-15-2008, 04:54 PM
I have to be careful with what i say here, as i am a tracker owner.

So i am just going to give you an example with my own home connection. (I do have a SB which is mainly used as a backup tracker, and ive used it once, it just felt to easy to me to get a good ratio and i didnt like it lol, i uploaded 60 gig on a crappy PS3 game in 2 days, and i just forgot all about it to get that)

Now for my example.

I have an asymetric ISP.

1800KBs or 20 meg download
90KBs or a crappy 756k upload (and i get capped to 25KBs for 5 hours a day if i upload none stop)

Now take a 7 gig brand new hot off the press hyped up 360 game.

I can download it in 30 minutes with my connection. but in 30 minutes of it being upped there is already 300 seeders and 800 leechers.

Now when i am uploading i may well get bullied out of it with all the SB users and just the other seeders.

In a day i may have uploaded 2 gig if im lucky, but now the problem is

Seeders are 1000+ leechers are 100

so its even harder to upload.

so it may take me a week if there are still leechers to reach the upload (or it might take me forever if leechers totally drop off) and thats just to get a 1 ratio.

this is the reason (well one of) for the SP mod, as long as i am seeding, and showing willing, i can get a 1:1 ratio, after i get the 1:1 i can still stay on it and hopefully increase that ratio further with a few stragglers that are left behind.

but without SB users, we would get download of 30KBs on every torrent, but then if everyone done that, it would be a lot easier to get a good ratio, so its a catch 22 situation, and nothing will solve it.

Swift
04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
when i see Upload speeds like 25mb/s i`m going crazy with my Home connection , it`s hard to seed when there are so many seedboxes .. i`m totaly against them !

SAM
04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
when i see Upload speeds like 25mb/s i`m going crazy with my Home connection , it`s hard to seed when there are so many seedboxes .. i`m totaly against them !
i never saw such speed :D

saqib
04-15-2008, 05:16 PM
i never saw such speed :D

some days ago i saw a signature of a user at TL , showing his utorrent stats , and one of his torrents was at 31 MB/s , @ScT

IdolEyes787
04-15-2008, 06:29 PM
this is the reason (well one of) for the SP mod, as long as i am seeding, and showing willing, i can get a 1:1 ratio, after i get the 1:1 i can still stay on it and hopefully increase that ratio further with a few stragglers that are left behind.

Never appreciated the genius of the system until I saw it first hand.
Simple ideas are usually the best aren't they.

F3n1x
04-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Ok we need servers for speed, but SP mod is the best because if a user really try get a 1:1 ratio client on etc.. but is impossible he is a good user. Is one more for torrent don't die.

No ratio sites ftw or some with bonus points.

weenden
04-15-2008, 07:23 PM
hey skizo pm me ill let "you" have a slot on mine if you like through web ui

SgtMajor
04-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Topic is 6 months old :)

Was bumped due to the other seedbox thread.

Skiz
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM

Thanks a bunch, but I don't see the need right now.

The only trackers I use anymore are E**** and Waffles and both have decent buffers from uploading new content.

My E**** has a buffer of 116.73 GB.
My Waffles has a buffer of 35.71 GB.

I'd really like to add on to that Waffles buffer since I download a lot of tunes, but that's a tough tracker to buffer.

WarrenBuffet
04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
ohh, now I know who u r :)

F3n1x
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM

The only trackers I use anymore are E**** and Waffles and both have decent buffers from uploading new content.

I'd really like to add on to that Waffles buffer since I download a lot of tunes, but that's a tough tracker to buffer.

skizo my tip for waffles and for you set up rss in utorrent for the future torrent that have more votes in request section ;)
really works

SgtMajor
04-15-2008, 07:37 PM

If you have the capacity, just permanently seed Operating Systems DVDs, and keeping them up to date with the latest version works wonders.

Skiz
04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
skizo my tip for waffles and for you set up rss in utorrent for the future torrent that have more votes in request section ;)
really works

I wouldn't have the first clue on where to start tbh. :unsure:

I'm a bit old fashioned and have never used RSS links. I don't even know if I've even clicked one. :ermm:

If you have the capacity, just permanently seed Operating Systems DVDs, and keeping them up to date with the latest version works wonders.

O rly? :smilie4:

·:·);2787159']ohh, now I know who u r :)

Doubtful. :whistling

F3n1x
04-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't have the first clue on where to start tbh. :unsure:

I'm a bit old fashioned and have never used RSS links. I don't even know if I've even clicked one. :ermm:

O rly? :smilie4:

skizo i will pm you my tutorial just give me a hours and explain how my buffer is over 150gb ;) there

weenden
04-15-2008, 08:24 PM
dooooooooh! topic six months old .....my bad

Zaxx
04-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Let me introduce my little friend...

/me logs into his swarm-killing, Swedish hosted, Gigabit seedbox from hell...:gunsmile:

Actually it'd be a total blast...even for just a week so. :naughty: