PDA

View Full Version : what is love?do u belive it?

stitched
10-31-2007, 12:11 AM
when i was younger i heard a lot of people say a lot of definitions about love..but as i grow up.. i belive "love is the trick played by nature to ensure we make more babies"(from the movie "feast of love")....i sometimes believe iin love but mostly dont when ever my brain is working

what do u think love is ? and do u believe in it?

Peter North
10-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Love is the name of "mother" in the mouth of our children...

Jiggles
10-31-2007, 12:18 AM
its just psychological behaviour, theres no believe or not believe, its just when you care for someone and you kiss them and give them things etc. just use your common sense.

yep, adults can be stupid sometimes all the time.

and when people "really" love someone its just an excuse to put their cok up them. true

snowultra
10-31-2007, 01:36 AM
peace and love dont exist

Something Else
10-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Love is real and so is peace.

kaffeine
10-31-2007, 02:15 AM
"Biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate" :lol:

(from Devil's Advocate)

kallieb
10-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Love is definitely real. It's a magical congruence of bodily sensation and emotional contentment. Love isn't about perfection, idealism or the absence of any kind of disappointment. It's about contentment, compromise and tolerance, as well as finding joy in the current and future companionship of another person. Love isn't about how that other person makes you feel, but how you feel when you are with them.

I could gush some more but I'll leave it at that. (Going on 13 years married I might add)

hippychick
10-31-2007, 03:06 AM
I believe in love, I feel there are many kinds of love.
The love I feel for my children, is different then I feel for my husband. I love my cats, but not like I do my family, yet I still feel like they are my family, ya know.
We all need love, thats what makes us feel alive and gives us meaning. Without love, your like an empty shell and you feel hostile towards others who have love.
That is probably as clear as mud, but it's my view in a nut shell :)

Alien5
10-31-2007, 03:09 AM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7855/000000alwayshighnb7.jpg

Jiggles
10-31-2007, 03:12 AM
lol at the last 2 comments (not the pic), blah blah blah....

its all in the brain, theres nothing magical, what about affairs, divorce, argueing and fighting....? is that love?

what your saying is like a poem. not fact or reality.

hippychick
10-31-2007, 03:24 AM

its all in the brain, theres nothing magical, what about affairs, divorce, argueing and fighting....? is that love?

Or, women are emotional, men are practical.
And yes I believe in Love.

Something Else
10-31-2007, 03:26 AM

Bloody scientists always trying to ruin everything with explanations :dabs:

Something Else
10-31-2007, 03:27 AM
Or one could say, women are emotional, men are practical.
Thats why I feel America inst ready for a women president yet, she would get all emotional over certain subjects and not think it out.
But thats how I feel emotionally.

She might get distracted by her nail-polish and crash the country in to a lampost one might say :unsure:

hippychick
10-31-2007, 03:30 AM
Or one could say, women are emotional, men are practical.
Thats why I feel America inst ready for a women president yet, she would get all emotional over certain subjects and not think it out.
But thats how I feel emotionally.

She might get distracted by her nail-polish and crash the country in to a lampost one might say :unsure:

oops I don't want to start anything political

Hairbautt
10-31-2007, 03:31 AM
I like it when people bash or ditch love because of their own faults/mistakes.

Says alot about'em and it let's me know if they're a douchbag.

Jiggles
10-31-2007, 03:32 AM

Bloody scientists always trying to ruin everything with explanations :dabs:

thats how everything works these days, religions are being analyzed scientifically. its better to face reality.

in my opinion its the same with religions, i know they are made up, but many people sacrifice their lives for it.

Jiggles
10-31-2007, 03:36 AM
I like it when people bash or ditch love because of their own faults/mistakes.

Says alot about'em and it let's me know if they're a douchbag.

many people do, but me personally no.

im 16, ive never been in love :lol: , emotionally damaged or made "faults"

ive never experienced any of it, im just very smart and straight to the point- no bullshitting.

Something Else
10-31-2007, 03:38 AM
nah your just blinded by science mate.
magic exists you just haven't found it.

Something Else
10-31-2007, 03:41 AM

That's political? :blink:

hippychick
10-31-2007, 03:43 AM

That's political? :blink:

No, what I typed was. I edited it. People get all pissy over politics.:pinch:

Jiggles
10-31-2007, 04:25 AM

was that a joke?? :unsure:

kallieb
10-31-2007, 04:42 AM
no disrespect mate, but at your tender age of 16, how can you at this very early stage in your life just dismiss something so easily. Maybe you've been looking in the wrong places, or only seeing what reinforces your beliefs while downplaying/disregarding examples that display the contrary.

Jiggles
10-31-2007, 05:19 AM
no disrespect mate, but at your tender age of 16, how can you at this very early stage in your life just dismiss something so easily. Maybe you've been looking in the wrong places, or only seeing what reinforces your beliefs while downplaying/disregarding examples that display the contrary.

no, not really.

ive talked to many adults who said love isnt magical and its just a relationship between 2 people, if they get along then it will last. and i use my own judgement and logic and there ya go.:)

IMO i am smarter than my parents and many adults ive seen, ive seen them do stupid mistakes like all adults and children do. i just see everything coming. i dont get my ideas through other people or the media i use my own head.

DooMeD68
10-31-2007, 02:05 PM
love is absolute - and time will tell !

bigboab
10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
its just psychological behaviour, theres no believe or not believe, its just when you care for someone and you kiss them and give them things etc. just use your common sense.

and when people "really" love someone its just an excuse to put their cok up them. true

That is what I like to see. An old fashioned romantic.:)

dinsdale
10-31-2007, 03:41 PM
I was hoping this thread was about the Haddaway song...

Something Else
10-31-2007, 04:00 PM

was that a joke?? :unsure:

No joke....I'm 100% serious. :dabs:

I was hoping this thread was about the Haddaway song...

See that's a joke :lol: (see the difference?)

thewizeard
10-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Don't dissect it... make it!

Something Else
10-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Don't dissect it... make it!

Absolutely genius and agreed. :wub:

dinsdale
10-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Don't just make it, spray it everywhere....

kallieb
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Don't just make it, spray it everywhere....

I guess if we stay in the aim of this topic, this practice is less likely to be love, and more akin to infidelity or promiscuity. Somewhat incongruent principles when we think about what love is/should be:D:D

dinsdale
10-31-2007, 05:25 PM
did I say spray? I meant spread... :)

dinsdale
10-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Not sure I understand, do we believe love exists? Proving existence of a concept can be tricky, people tried that with God.... Is love simply lust or biology? That is a futile, though interesting discussion! Not sure dissecting it makes it any less amazing, just adds even more dimensions to it I guess. If I salivate when I see cake, science could explain how the brain tells glands to do whatever, but not necessarily why I like cake!

chalice
10-31-2007, 06:38 PM
It's a tennis score. Or lack thereof.

kallieb
10-31-2007, 06:47 PM
I think love grew out of a biological necessity. Survival of the species and all that. Once the quality of our life improved, and relationships were more than just procreation of the species and basic survival, those *softer* sides of our needs and wants were allowed to flourish.

I suppose the notion of love has evolved over time (consider the Victorian's very sickly-sweet view), and always will. I think love is more than a physiological reaction, although it is how we mostly describe it because of the physical sensations that it creates within us. Your reference to the parallel argument over 'is there a God' is a good one.

Love is a leap of faith and a matter of belief. You cannot understand it externally or abstractly. One either feels it or they don't. Both experiences are real. If one feels no love, and doubts its existence, then from their experience that is true; but to suggest that it doesn't exist in others is a step out of bounds. It is not up to us to question the experiences of others. If they feel it, so it is.

Reminds of Descarte: I think therefore I am.

stitched
10-31-2007, 07:19 PM
I think love grew out of a biological necessity. Survival of the species and all that. Once the quality of our life improved, and relationships were more than just procreation of the species and basic survival, those *softer* sides of our needs and wants were allowed to flourish.

I suppose the notion of love has evolved over time (consider the Victorian's very sickly-sweet view), and always will. I think love is more than a physiological reaction, although it is how we mostly describe it because of the physical sensations that it creates within us. Your reference to the parallel argument over 'is there a God' is a good one.

Love is a leap of faith and a matter of belief. You cannot understand it externally or abstractly. One either feels it or they don't. Both experiences are real. If one feels no love, and doubts its existence, then from their experience that is true; but to suggest that it doesn't exist in others is a step out of bounds. It is not up to us to question the experiences of others. If they feel it, so it is.

Reminds of Descarte: I think therefore I am.

it all looks good on paper very far from reality..i still strogly belive.. its just a trick of nature ...like animals have animal instincts.. people have lovestincts(lovestinks):wacko:......yeah of course its always true that "People always see what they want to see"

bigboab
10-31-2007, 07:38 PM

One day you will just look into someones eyes and you will be smitten.:inlove:

I have further news for you. As of yet you don't know the sex of the person that you will fall in love with. You will have no control over it.:noes:

Jiggles
10-31-2007, 08:05 PM

I have further news for you. As of yet you don't know the sex of the person that you will fall in love with. You will have no control over it.:noes:

yeah your right, im currently in love with this girl called Krystal Steal, i have no control over the urge to download her movies and masterbate wildly, oh i feel in love http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gif:inlove:

btw shes a women :yup:

bigboab
10-31-2007, 08:11 PM

yeah your right, im currently in love with this girl called Krystal Steal, i have no control over the urge to download her movies and masterbate wildly, oh i feel in love http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gif:inlove:

btw shes a women :yup:

You amaze me.:)

kallieb
10-31-2007, 08:19 PM
yeah your right, im currently in love with this girl called Krystal Steal, i have no control over the urge to download her movies and masterbate wildly, oh i feel in love http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/icons/icon12.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/inlove.gif

btw shes a women http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/yes.gif hmmmm...Reminds me of an old saying: Me thinks he doth protest too much.

RPerry
10-31-2007, 08:23 PM
why do some people seem to think love is only about them ? I firmly believe if care for someone more than you do yourself, then you can call it love.

kittybewm
11-01-2007, 04:18 AM
love is sam :O

Hairbautt
11-01-2007, 05:57 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IK2HLC3_UxI

stitched
11-01-2007, 07:35 AM
why do some people seem to think love is only about them ? I firmly believe if care for someone more than you do yourself, then you can call it love.

what r u talking about...there r only a hand full instances where people go insane, lose their mind and put some one else ahead of themselves....95%of the time.. if u desect all ur so called "selfless unconditional love" acts ,to atoms and molecules u will find out "it has always been about urself"....well u cant blame it on anyone..thatz the way nature has designed all the living creatures...."me" comes first...it has to be like that to insure the survival of the species...u just cant go die for some one or some thing its just not right
of course when u r 30+,40+ u dont have much options,for having survived soo long... u r forced to belive that such an unconditional selfless love does exist ....so that u can live the rest of ur life feeling a lot better about ur ageing self,and other limitations of old age,again its done to protect one's own self..or may be not it doesnt matter anymore u r already 40,u can stop thinking roll over and die
its just my humble tots...people see differnt things and think differnt

dinsdale
11-01-2007, 09:28 AM

So if you hate yourself, you must love nearly everybody.

WARLOCK
11-01-2007, 08:36 PM
sci giv no prove that wat is love so if no sci then no me

bigboab
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM

That's the trouble. Too many people think that everything is about them.
Love is all around, grab it while you can.:)