PDA

View Full Version : Some 70's Tv Series

theprisoner
07-15-2003, 05:11 AM
Anyone ever seen The Prisoner Series or Doctor Who(the guy that teleports through time in the phone booth)?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-15-2003, 05:13 AM
bot shows were cool, dr who was better tho

tite-wad
07-15-2003, 05:14 AM
I know we watched The Prisoner when I was a little kid - but I can't remember a thing about it.

Doesn't it run on the Sci-Fi channel now?

And the many faces of Dr. Who still pop up on PBS from time to time.

Edit: Wasn't the phone booth called the "Tardis"?

uNz[i]
07-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Yeah.. I used to watch Dr Who every day after school. I even vaguely remember seeing "the cave of skulls", which was the first series, I think. I was only about 5 when I saw that one, and it totally freaked me out. :rolleyes:

Yeah tite-wad, the TARDIS is right.. it stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. :geek:

I was too young to watch the Prisoner when it originally aired, but I watched it when we got cable tv a couple of years ago... that was some straaaaange sh*t. :blink:

jay973
07-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Ever since watching The Prisoner,Ive had a phobia about very large balloons! Strange stuff indeed. :)

Guillaume
07-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Well I have faint memories of both... The Prisoner was back on the air a few years ago but I missed half of the episodes cause it was so late in the night!
And Dr Who: i remember the Daleks mostly... EXTERMINATE!

Twigboy
07-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Dr. who was one of my favorite shows,use to come on 10pm sundays on Pbs.
One of my favorite episodes "Brain of Morbeus".

theprisoner
07-16-2003, 09:09 PM
I think they still run on the sci-fi(but I don’t get that channel). I bought the whole prisoner series DVD and some doctor who DVDs. I like Doctor who a lot, but the prisoners cool because it seems way ahead of its time (the world turning into the village!-Patriot act, losing freedoms, etc...). I heard there was going to be a prisoner movie, anyone hear that?

DarthInsinuate
07-16-2003, 11:23 PM
i missed out on the '70s by about 10 years

but i do like '80s shows like The A-Team, Airwolf and MacGyver