PDA

View Full Version : Your 5 senses

hippychick
10-31-2007, 10:53 PM
My kid had this as school homework.
I thought it was interesting.
If you had to choose one of your 5 senses to give up, which one would it be? and why.

List them from most important to least, the last being the one you would give up.

Your 5 senses are
Touch
Sight
Taste
Hearing
Smell

Mine would be:
Sight
Taste
Touch
Hearing.
It would be hard to get along without, but I could do it.

WarrenBuffet
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
smell, Cause i'm of sick of the inner city kids in my school. :)

bigboab
10-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Sight
touch
smell
taste
hearing

IMO the other senses compensate when you lose your hearing.

Ask me again when someone in the house farts. It will not be me. Royalty and I don't fart.:rolleyes:

edit: To include all senses.

JPaul
10-31-2007, 11:10 PM
I can give you the order in which I don't want to lose my senses if that helps.

Sight
Hearing
Taste
Smell
Touch

It's not that I want to lose touch, I don't. It's more a case of if I had to chose one I think that's the one I would miss least. Probably because it's the one that my brain filters out most.

Be aware of sitting on your seat, your clothes touching your body, your foot on the floor. Up till a moment ago you weren't even aware of those sensations. I know the same can be said for other senses, but I think it's more so for touch.

hippychick
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
I can give you the order in which I don't want to lose my senses if that helps.

Sight
Hearing
Taste
Smell
Touch

It's not that I want to lose touch, I don't. It's more a case of if I had to chose one I think that's the one I would miss least. Probably because it's the one that my brain filters out most.

Be aware of sitting on your seat, your clothes touching your body, your foot on the floor. Up till a moment ago you weren't even aware of those sensations. I know the same can be said for other senses, but I think it's more so for touch.

I like that better, I'm changing the question some:D thanks

Defy
10-31-2007, 11:36 PM
I'd rather someone take off my arm than lose one of my senses. :( Actually... could it just be a finger if absolutely necessary? I like my arms too. I treasure the gifts I have, never take them for granted!

From most important to least:
Sight
Hearing
Taste
Touch
Smell

kallieb
10-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Most important to least

Sight
Hearing
Touch
Taste
Smell

JPaul
10-31-2007, 11:46 PM
My kid had this as school homework.
I thought it was interesting.
If you had to choose one of your 5 senses to give up, which one would it be? and why.

List them from most important to least, the last being the one you would give up.

Your 5 senses are
Touch
Sight
Taste
Hearing
Smell

Mine would be:
Sight
Taste
Touch
Hearing.
It would be hard to get along without, but I could do it.

You could get along without it, yes. So I can see why it is the practical answer.

However would you chose never to hear your child's voice again, or listen to music, or the sound of rain on your roof whilst you are inside, warm and cosy.

Surely the question isn't what is the least useful, it what you are willing to lose.

snowultra
10-31-2007, 11:54 PM
i would lose --
1. smell
2. taste
4. hearing

thats it, thats all i would lose

hippychick
11-01-2007, 12:18 AM
JP, could you get along without feeling your child's hand in yours, the feel of a kiss or hug. The feel of a warm blanket on a cold day? Thats why this question is so good, it makes you glad for what you have.

fstrulz
11-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I'd give up smell... because it's the one that I need the least during sex. :lol:

kallieb
11-01-2007, 12:48 AM
reminds me...I heard some where....that smelly feet and b.o. is an aphrodisiac in some cultures (lol)

ilw
11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
without touch you'd be unable to eat, walk, have sex, grip stuff properly, prevent injury (burns, biting your tongue etc) and to top it all you'd probably be incontinent. I think i'd make that the last one to lose

Seedler
11-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Obviously, sight>hearing>touch>taste>smell