PDA

View Full Version : It sucks to live in the boonies....

kallieb
11-01-2007, 02:39 AM
I bought all kinds of stuff for halloween this year, not knowing how many kids might make the trek out to our place (we moved her just this past April).

So how many kids came by you ask! ......zippo, zilch, the big "0"

Living in the boonies has it's downside. Now I have all this candy.

I see zits and tight pants in my future.....

Jiggles
11-01-2007, 02:45 AM
most people dont like kids coming to their house, today there was like 50 that came to ours we ran out of sweets so we made popcorn, and we missed a film on tv.

living where you do has got its advantages dont forget. at least its quiet

snowultra
11-01-2007, 04:15 AM
i gave out pretzels in the tiny individual bags. they were all gone, by the time trick or treating was over

i could never live outside a city, but yes, it would love the quiet.

dnero73
11-01-2007, 05:00 AM
a lot of kids came by my house i ran out of candy in like 2 hours

bigboab
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
a lot of kids came by my house i ran out of candy in like 2 hours

Most of the kids here are accompanied by adults, and rightly so. This means that they avoid pensioners houses if they are not related to the occupants.:(

In this area they hold Halloween on the last Friday in October. Kilmarnock kids are not so daft, Friday being traditional pay day.:lol:

DooMeD68
11-01-2007, 08:41 AM
hope you've got deep pockets then !

hippychick
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Around here they have trunk or treat at all the churches parking lots. So most the kids go there and stay away from peoples houses unless they are decorated and lite up.
At the last moment my kids decided to trick or treat :ermm: So I bought a bag of candy and 1 kid showed up:lol:

Something Else
11-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I live in the middle of London and I didn't get a single trick or treater. My bell doesn't work though :sneaky:

CrabGirl
11-02-2007, 02:25 AM
My doorbell doesnt work so no-one bothered me. Next door had a party. Was Chavs versus poles. Not pretty.

Skiz
11-02-2007, 02:54 AM
I bought all kinds of stuff for halloween this year, not knowing how many kids might make the trek out to our place (we moved her just this past April).

So how many kids came by you ask! ......zippo, zilch, the big "0"

Living in the boonies has it's downside. Now I have all this candy.

I see zits and tight pants in my future.....

The boonies, as you call it, is much more my pace. I live in the city right now and I hate it. I was raised in a small town and miss the lifestyle dearly. If I could find a well paying job in a small town, I'd move in a second.

kallieb
11-02-2007, 02:55 AM
I've lived in the wilds all my life, but sometimes it's a bit dull. At least I know how to filet my own fish and gut my own birds (partidge)

Alien5
11-02-2007, 02:57 AM
orsum, you murder things.

kallieb
11-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Absolutely. I shoot them, gut them and eat them. Yummy.

Alien5
11-02-2007, 03:00 AM
what gun do you use?

Skiz
11-02-2007, 03:02 AM
All growing up, I always thought I wanted a woman who liked to hunt and fish as I do, until I found one. She always wanted to go with me and the fellows and that didn't fly to well.

kallieb
11-02-2007, 03:05 AM
For birds a 410 shotgun, or an old-fashioned 22 bolt-action. I used to have a nice lever-action long gun for big game but stopped hunting big stuff, so I gave it to my brother. Now we just go out bird hunting.

kallieb
11-02-2007, 03:07 AM
All growing up, I always thought I wanted a woman who liked to hunt and fish as I do, until I found one. She always wanted to go with me and the fellows and that didn't fly to well.

that's too bad. Hunting is NOT a guy thing. I really enjoy it, but I only hunt what we plan to eat. I never have and never will kill anything that I won't eat. One time I clipped a bird and spent at least an hour chasing it down until I could get my second shot. If you don't finish the job, don't go in the bush.

Skiz
11-02-2007, 03:08 AM
What the heck are you killing with a 410 or a 22? :blink:

kallieb
11-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Birds!! a 410 is the best shotgun going for Partidge and ducks. It's fun. At least one of the pellets will hit the buggers, but I'll put the choke to a wide spread so I don't fill the bird with shot.

A 22 is fine for partidge because they're so stupid they'll give you a chance for a second shot. For Ducks, I need more pellets in the air. as those cheeky buggers are fast.

kallieb
11-02-2007, 03:12 AM
smelly!!!! What kind of hijack is that!! nasty and rude.

Gripper
11-02-2007, 05:44 PM

that's too bad. Hunting is NOT a guy thing. I really enjoy it, but I only hunt what we plan to eat. I never have and never will kill anything that I won't eat. One time I clipped a bird and spent at least an hour chasing it down until I could get my second shot. If you don't finish the job, don't go in the bush.

Superb attitude,nice to hear,I've enjoyed the americanism of Halloween this year.

lightshow
11-03-2007, 07:03 AM
None of the south korean kids came by this year... the only ones in halloween costumes here in Seoul were drunken in the bars.

Which leads to some interesting times.