PDA

View Full Version : Black Movies (no Vid)

dirksauce
07-15-2003, 09:32 AM
recently i have been downloading many movies..most with success...i tried to download terminator 3...and the file completed...i went to watch the movie and all it was, was a black screen (no video/audio) for however long the movie was....this has happened to other files i have downloaded also..

i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else...and how they fixed the problem...or if these certain files are just crappy fakes....

also....i have used the Gspot codec info appliance and it freezes on some...and others it registers ok...

thanks for the help....

max0d
07-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Could be a dogy file posted on purpose. Although, have you the latest klcodec pack? if not get it here http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm. You could also try getting the fddshow Xvid codec. If this doesnt work try opening it with Videolan. Otherwise I cant help.

shatteredillusions
07-15-2003, 05:44 PM
before you install the klite codec pack, unistall any existing codecs such as divx or xvid to avoid possible conflicts.

dirksauce
07-16-2003, 09:35 PM
yeah...i think these files are fakes...thanks for the help tho....btw..i do have the lastest codek pack...

ALSO: something weird with these files....i have a 56k...(i know its probably a sin to download movies with a 56k)....but the speeds on downloading these fake files were crazy..i got up to 200kb/s at one point..it hovered around 100 most of the time....i just was wondering why this would happen....

DeltaSniperZ
07-17-2003, 02:34 AM
If you tryed all of that and still didn't work. Its probable fake. infact if I were you I would delete the file right now. I've download atleast 5 terminator movies off kazaa, all of them are fake. If you really want to download terminator 3, then download them off edonkey or irc.