PDA

View Full Version : Movie Disappointments

MetroStars
07-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Just wanted 2 ask what movie that u were dying 2 see.. but when u did see it it turned out , well shit... Any movie not just new 1ns...

for me it was the following...

1, T3 --- as a life long fan i thought, T3 wouldn't be that bad, i wasn't expecting wonders... but sweet jesus i din't think it would b that bad... I know it sounds sad but i actually felt physically sick with disappointment.....

2, Spider-Man --- Looked good in the trailers but when i Actually did see it , i did not enjoy it 1 bit... i went 2 see Spider-Man 3 times 2 try and force myself 2 like it.. i just couldn't...

3, Wrong Turn, I luv horror , and when i heard Stan Winston was doing his own i thought he will do a good job... How wrong could i b..

that's all i can think of for the mo...

i would luv 21 hear your Movie Disappointments

Twigboy
07-15-2003, 12:17 PM
I'd have to say
1.Final Fantasy the movie-the cartoon beat the hell out of this heap.
2.Resisdent Evil-could have been so much better,started to wonder why I was watching it-then wonderd why did they bother.

mutterings
07-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Hi metro what a subject :blink: thers so many that have not lived up to hype its difficult remembering them cos i tend to block them out but heres a few :)
starwars episode 1/2
hulk :(
gremlins 2
aracnaphobia<<<<altough it shit the living daylights out of missus so it was worth it :lol:
jaws 2 etc etc
rocky 2 etc etc
tuxedo
Damn theres so many&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :unsure:

uNz[i]
07-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Lost in Space.

It was the cinematic equivalent of sucking a rancid lemon... only more indigestible. :angry:

bluedevil
07-15-2003, 12:38 PM
matrix reloaded
damm waited so long and it really is shit

brandy
07-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@15 July 2003 - 11:57

1, T3 --- as a life long fan i thought, T3 wouldn&#39;t be that bad, i wasn&#39;t expecting wonders... but sweet jesus i din&#39;t think it would b that bad... I know it sounds sad but i actually felt physically sick with disappointment.....

fuck u t3 woz gr8, ive been a life long fan, the terminator films where my fav as a kid n still r. t3 fuckin rocks, i mean ok not as gd as the other 1s but it woz still good film, didnt u enjoy the stuff about skynet? findin out more info on it all n how judgement day started? any terminator fan would&#33;

MetroStars
07-15-2003, 01:04 PM
fuck u t3 woz gr8, ive been a life long fan, the terminator films where my fav as a kid n still r. t3 fuckin rocks, i mean ok not as gd as the other 1s but it woz still good film, didnt u enjoy the stuff about skynet? findin out more info on it all n how judgement day started? any terminator fan would&#33;

No i didn&#39;t enjoy T3.... It was muck every thing about it sucked ... i mean when Arnie said talk 2 the hand what a load of shit... Then the mistake John Conner was 13... i hate it... but that&#39;s my opinion... iam entitled...

ilw
07-15-2003, 01:08 PM
I think the most disappointing one was starwars 1, having waited so long and wanted it so much, only to be landed with Ja Ja f**king Binks. i wasn&#39;t impressed.

swarnel
07-15-2003, 01:18 PM
i reckon matrix reloaded sucked the first was so much better

juderobs
07-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by brandy@15 July 2003 - 13:44
fuck u t3 woz gr8, ive been a life long fan,
I think you&#39;ll find that metro asked what "your Movie Disappointments" were not to be offensive, there really is no need as were are all entitled to our opinion.

Well Metro,

Of late mine would definatly be The Hulk, and Queen of The Damned

MetroStars
07-15-2003, 01:48 PM
queen of the Dammed god dam i waited ages 2 see that and i was muck...

bluedevil
07-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@15 July 2003 - 14:48
queen of the Dammed god dam i waited ages 2 see that and i was muck...
i actualy liked that movie :D

Agent Smart
07-15-2003, 01:57 PM
I don&#39;t think the matrix 2 or T3 was bad. They both had weaker stories than expected, but I enjoyed watching them.

jrday
07-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Only one I can think of is that sequel to silence of the lambs. (Hanniball?&#33;)

:o my god it sucked

L0rD_S0tH
07-15-2003, 02:09 PM
Hmmmmm, lemme think.

My movie disappointments:

T3- I didn&#39;t mind the movie so much...but it just wasn&#39;tterminator without teh terminator music. Both T1 & T2 had the same "terminator feel". IMO it just didn&#39;t seem like terminator without the music. Plus the fact that Sara Conner wasn&#39;t in T3 was a disappointment for me. She also added to the "terminator feel" that I was looking for. The first two movies had it. This one didn&#39;t.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and after...The first one was the only one worth watching IMO.

All the "return of the living deads"...The directors took a totally different approach then romero&#39;s original idea. I mean in ROTLD the zombies were virtually invincible. To me, the idea of being able to shoot zombies in the head and kill them was much more realistic. In NOTLD you could actually believe that such a thing could happen some day. But in the ROTLD movies the whole invincibility factor of the zombies really downgraded my ability to believe. Obviously I don&#39;t actually believe zombies will take over the world but in NOTLD and Romero&#39;s other movies, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, I could actually say to myself..."what if?". In the ROTLD series all I found myself saying was..."Impossible" and..."this is dumb".

Zoolander....What in the F**CK were those people thinking?

Dumb & DUmberer....What in the F**CK were those people thinking?

Master of disguise...What in the F**CK were those people thinking?

[edit]
oh yeah, I didn&#39;t like hannibal either. I haven&#39;t seen red dragon yet, though. I wonder if that one is better then hannibal. One can only hope. Unfortunately hannibal kinda turned me off from the silence of the lambs series.

ilw
07-15-2003, 02:14 PM

All utterly crap films (havent seen the last one, but i trust u), but were u actually disappointed (as this is the point of this thread) didn&#39;t u know before u watched these films that it was complete bollocks.

L0rD_S0tH
07-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ilw@15 July 2003 - 14:14

All utterly crap films (havent seen the last one, but i trust u), but were u actually disappointed (as this is the point of this thread) didn&#39;t u know before u watched these films that it was complete bollocks.
Good point. I guess I pretty much just confirmed what I already knew. My friend really liked these movies, though, which is probably the only reason i watched them. He has a pretty sad sense of humor apparently.

Locomariachi
07-15-2003, 02:35 PM
well for me, this whole spring/summer movie season hasn&#39;t given me anything that I can really say "wow, what a great movie". I&#39;m a movie fan, I&#39;ll give any movie a shot, but when it doesn&#39;t deliver and you find yourself saying,"damn the trailer was way better than the movie" you know you have a problem. I can&#39;t belive Hollywood is doing this, wait let me rephrase that, I can&#39;t believe Hollywood is doing this to the older film crowd. They seem to be tailoring movies to all the young teenagers who have about a 2-second attention span.

You&#39;ve seen it in movies like Dumb & Dumberer, Legally Blonde 2, Charlies Angels 2, and goofy movies like that. I just wish Hollywood would try to make originals like they used to and actually put forth an effort into what they do because in any other job, they would have been fired already for slacking it. lol

MetroStars
07-15-2003, 02:37 PM
They seem to be tailoring movies to all the young teenagers who have about a 2-second attention span.

I back this up 100%

Adster
07-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Dissapointing films?? well Ive seen many hmmm...

matrix reloaded was a huge dissapointment for me :( The first one was so much better

Tripple X didnt like it was to over the top

Dapadipz
07-15-2003, 03:50 PM
main dissapointments were really

hulk
t3
daredevil
dumb n dumberer
bruce almighty (although it was good i thought it would be more funnier)

Dapadipz
07-15-2003, 03:53 PM
and btw i actually thought matrix reloaded was better than the first one

EoN
07-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Daredevil is one of the worst movies i have ever seen in my life&#33;

How can you say Reloaded was a dissapointment, the story grew in leaps and bounds. Its one of the few movies that you cant figure out until you watch the last movie (revolutions) which is pretty hard to do these days.

BigBank_Hank
07-15-2003, 04:42 PM
The biggest snooze fest of all time Pearl Harbor. I got suckered into this movie believing from the trailers that it was going to be a war epic. Man was I wrong. This movie stunk from start to finish. I believed all the hype and the hoopla that this was going to be another Private Ryan, what a load of crap.

MetroStars
07-15-2003, 04:48 PM
The biggest snooze fest of all time Pearl Harbor.

God dam right this was a huge Disappointment... I talked My gf who siad it would b crap well she enjoyed it and i hated it... total waste of money this movie was..

olibomb
07-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Yep it has 2 b the Matrix Reloaded, a very dissapointing movie

ilw
07-15-2003, 05:16 PM
People are mentioning Dumb and dumberer as a disappointment, i don&#39;t think it quialifies, it was really, really obvious that it was going to be a big steaming pile of shite.

toddiscool
07-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@15 July 2003 - 17:48

The biggest snooze fest of all time Pearl Harbor.

God dam right this was a huge Disappointment... I talked My gf who siad it would b crap well she enjoyed it and i hated it... total waste of money this movie was..
HAHA, most historically correct movie of all time, EH?

I turned it off right after

Some guy : What was that sound?
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Some other guy: I think it was the sound of World War 2 starting.

What the F was that. World war two starting. Apparently they did not have radio&#39;s, or newspapers in the states back then. That part really pissed me off.

Other notables -
Jeepers Kreepers - scary ass opening scene, the rest shit.
Darkness balls - what a good idea - poorly done.
Phonebooth
basically every scarry movie that has come out in the last 10 years.
So many more

Hey great topic Metro&#33;&#33;

THE DUDE
07-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Matrix reloaded great eye candy but it didnt hold a candle to the original even though it "looked" better.

The Avengers loved the TV show hated the movie worst Sean Connery movie ever dont even bother to rent it.

The 2nd Highlander film.

Any Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back&#33;

Raukothar
07-15-2003, 11:13 PM

You shall suffer for insulting ROTJ. How could you not like that movie? It was sooo coool.

Anyway, my disapointments:

"The Matrix Reloaded"

...because that was the filename, but it was actaully "Ice Age"
:P

AznRocky
07-15-2003, 11:13 PM
Matrix Reloaded was Shit i mean Number 1 was sooo much better but Matrix reloaded just lost its touch&#33;&#33;

MuGen_PoWeR
07-15-2003, 11:48 PM
HULK :huh:
T3 :blink:
28 DAYS LATER :blink:

L0rD_S0tH
07-16-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by THE DUDE@15 July 2003 - 23:05
Matrix reloaded great eye candy but it didnt hold a candle to the original even though it "looked" better.

The Avengers loved the TV show hated the movie worst Sean Connery movie ever dont even bother to rent it.

The 2nd Highlander film.

:blink: UHHHHHH&#33; How could I forget Highlander 2. I was seriously disappointed with that one. I absolutely loved the first higlander and was very exceited to see the 2nd. Boy what a steaming pile of dung that turned out to be. :angry:

Busyman
07-16-2003, 02:33 AM
Blair Witch Project

Probably THE most hyped film behind Star Wars Ep1 and was total shit&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:
Some of these other films mentioned here were not TOTAL disappointments.
Daredevil was crap- Ben Affleck WTF&#33;&#33;&#33;
28 Days Later had a weak ending- Here in the US there wasn&#39;t that much buzz anyway
Spiderman was good
Star Wars prequels were veeerry disappointing.
Hulk was disappointing. (his father was the Absorbing Man? wtf)

Damnatory
07-16-2003, 07:44 AM
28 days later: by far the worst
T3 : sucked
Daredevil
Star wars: episode 1
All the sequals to Silence of the lambs.
Gangs of new york

And the list goes on. but Matrix Reloaded was awesome no matter what you all say. How can you even compare it to the first? The first was a revolutionary movie because of its special effects, what are you expecting them to dochange the style of effects just because everyone and their momma is using it and playing it out? They can&#39;t its a trilogy, not 3 completly seperate movies. And besides What exactly were you expecting that it didn&#39;t give you? There was so much plot building and so many questions to be answered that you can&#39;t even begin to answer with out the sequel. Would you have rather guessed what the next movie was going to intail, or love the suprise?Most people didn&#39;t like it because of the long "boring" architect scene.... Why can&#39;t you realise that this was the best part of the movie?

monkfi5h
07-16-2003, 10:23 AM
Jurassic Park 3...The first ones the best, obviously, but I could handle the second one (The lost world) even though it lost the plot pretty quickly
Jurassic Park 3 was just shit, it was just another paycheck for actors that hadn&#39;t been in anything for a while...

I thought mission impossible 2 was a let down as well, Tom cruise was good in the first one but he looks...and acts like a tramp in the sequel

Fucking Austin Powers in Goldmember, that was quite a disappointing movie, im not sure if the 4th will be able to pull it off, Mike Myers has talent but they&#39;re just grasping for ideas now

TOMB RAIDER...Now that was disappointing, need i say any more?

iamtheoneandonlyone
07-16-2003, 10:29 AM
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring <---- boring. slept
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within <------ ???
Residen Evil <------ ???

MetroStars
07-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Yep Gangs of New York was total muck... I mean how long did that take 2 make it was off and on for about 50 years.. and when it did come out it&#39;s was just a huge Disappointment...

Nevin
07-16-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by iamtheoneandonlyone@16 July 2003 - 11:29
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring <---- boring. slept

Huh?

Busyman
07-16-2003, 08:27 PM
LOTR WAS boring and good at the same time. It didn&#39;t entertain me throughout the movie.

Kazaa Lite freak
07-17-2003, 12:30 AM
i think T3 was great... had nothing on the first 2 especially the second, but still great to watch, i also loved matrix reloeaded, no where near as good as the 1st but comeon guys,, may i ask how many sequles,prequels r better than there originals maybe 1 or 2 but jeez there aint many try to think of some why dont u guys..

ye ur entitled to ur opinion if u thought they were crap thats fine, just my opinion

Haguey-
07-17-2003, 01:09 AM
3 films that disappointed me

1 - X-Men 2 - Didnt like it one bit because it just seemed to follow a formula.

2 - The Guru - I really wanted to go and see this film, but why? :blink:

and finally, the shite of them all

3 - Star Trek 10 - omg, i loved star trak before this film, I hate it now. :angry:

physc0
07-17-2003, 05:50 AM
I agree with monkfi5h, Austin Powers Goldmember sucked ass. The first 2 was funny as hell, but this one sucked. I had to force myself to laugh. Plus, Dr.Evil turned good and Scott is now"evil"? What the hell? The 4th movie is gonna really suck because Seth Green is a fag. Dr. Evil was a very good character when he was trying to be evil, but now he&#39;s good. So...fucked...up. <_<

that1dude
07-17-2003, 06:15 AM
t3 had to be the biggest disappointments
goldmember was so bad it was all of the jokes from the first and second all roled into one and that was disappointing as hell.

kildred11
07-21-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@15 July 2003 - 14:04

No i didn&#39;t enjoy T3.... It was muck every thing about it sucked ... i mean when Arnie said talk 2 the hand what a load of shit... Then the mistake John Conner was 13... i hate it... but that&#39;s my opinion... iam entitled...
And he is entitled to his opinion. Anyone that says they are entitled to their opinion to justify their reason is a HYPOCRIT. Yes a HYPOCRIT. Oh I am entitled to my opinion that I think this wanker is a HYPOCRIT. If you didn&#39;t like it and people bash you for not liking it don&#39;t say that lame ass escuse, because all you do is justify the credibility of their opinion.

Celerystalksme
07-21-2003, 05:04 AM
2 many 2 name really...

The Biggest Dissapointment would have to go to either....

Matrix Reloaded (well i woulda thought after all the hype it would been better)

and

Yeah Austin Powers Goldmember was pretty f*cking lame...

Jay
07-21-2003, 05:28 AM
Spiderman

i stood in line for 2 hours to get a ticket and coundn&#39;t have been more dissapointed

craftywizard
07-25-2003, 02:11 AM
I&#39;d have to agree with some of the poeple on this thread. I haven&#39;t seen any movies I would want to watch over again. Any of the "superhero" movies were lame. Some of these movies that are based on my favorites like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or Terminator 3 just didn&#39;t do justice to their predeccesors. As for Matrix Reloaded. It wasn&#39;t like the original definitely. I didn&#39;t like it as much as the first, but not the worse movie I&#39;ve ever seen. My definition of a great movie is something you go to watch over and over again. Most of the recent movies in theaters now won&#39;t be remembered in five years. That&#39;s just the kind of stuff that is making money and generating sales. Don&#39;t get me wrong. If you like eye candy and special effects by all means keep watching these movies, but will you remember these movies in years to come? Not likely. I&#39;m still holding out for something to spend my money on. . .

Stonecoldfreak1
07-25-2003, 03:12 AM
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Star Trek Nemesis
Hulk

Agent Smart
07-25-2003, 03:48 AM
The Godfather Part III could have been better. Still a tremendous trilogy.

3RA1N1AC
07-25-2003, 10:37 AM
28 days later

every kevin smith movie

every one of john woo&#39;s american movies

most of luc besson&#39;s movies after "la femme nikita"

lord of the rings (peter jackson went from brain dead and bad taste to this??)

alwayshammered
07-26-2003, 02:34 AM
I have seen so many movies I fell asleep during.

Castaway - Damn, I really hated that movie, so boring when everyone said it would be good
Final Fantasy - Games good, movie bad
Predator 2 - Danny Glover kicks only 1/35th of the ass Ah-nold does
Star Wars Prequels - Did anyone really like those?
Shrek and Monsters Inc - "They are soooo good and funny" Thats crap
The Patriot - How do you make a movie about a war so boring?
28 Days Later - So slow
Slapshot 2 - I thought it would be funny until i realized a Baldwin was in it, thats the only way to screw up something based on Hockey. The Hanson brothers kick ass
Blair Witch Crap - That sucked so bad
Hulk - I liked it until it got the last 15 minutes, now I only remember how much i hated that ending. Honestly, whenever I am doing a horrible job on something, I know in advance that it will suck. Do people making movies not have this skill?
Batman Forever/Batman and Robin/Batman Returns - Batman was a badass movie, all sequels sucked so bad.

So many dissappointments, so much wasted money.

BabyGurl00
07-26-2003, 07:25 AM
blair witch project -was fuck shit, they might as well call it a documentary, shit.. man that wasn&#39;t a movie at all. who every like it, must be borin, honestly.

N£MO
07-26-2003, 08:43 AM
The Hulk was a big disappointment for me.

sharedholder
07-26-2003, 08:48 AM
The HULK
MATRIX RELOADED (nothing new )

timeisntreal
07-26-2003, 09:03 AM
I agree Matrix Reloaded was crap, had some cool stuff in it but crap. But i think its crap cuz it cant hold up on its own. I think once the last movie comes out 2/3 will be good togeter but not seperate... at least i hope

sickmonkey
07-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Matrix reloaded was NOT crap,if you think it was then theres a good chance you mis-understood it.For ppl that say its crap,id like to hear what they wanted out of the movie and reasons for it being crap.Terminator 3 was a HUGE dissapointment for me,its ok for mindless teenagers who just want to see arnie kick ass again(although he doesnt kick ass anyway)It says it all in the certificate-12a WTF?? Basically their audience was kids&#33; Finding out about skynet etc is not enough to justify this piss poor exuse to rake in a load of cash without a single thought for us fans.As you can tell im angry about this,i blame James Cameron,man he should have directed it and gave it a 15 certificate so we could actually see some violence.Im sorry but anyone who tells me T3 was good to my face,in person,i shall verbally attack them until they fall over.