PDA

View Full Version : For the love of god. Stop making new mp3 sites!

Cheffy
11-02-2007, 01:54 AM
The one thing im sure of, is that all the wannabe oink trackers are only destroying the one thing everyone wants.. which is a new Oink.

Why is its so frecking important to run or be a mod at a site?

When there have already been opened 5 Wannabe oink sites, is it really need to open a 6īth,7īth and a 8īth ?
Stupid kids that needs to be in charge to increase their e-penis..
For every site that opens the possibility of someone to be able to gather enough members to actually become the next oink decreases.

So you end up with a dozen different sites with 5k members. instead of 1 with 100k.
And with all the different sites the users have no idea what site to put their effort into.
Lets face it, Making torrents of a 100gb mp3 collection is a boring and time consuming job. And no one wants to make it twice. So alot of users with HUGE collections are just sitting there, and waiting for someone to take the lead so they know were to put their valuable time into.

Further more the people that have been dealing with torrentsites for a wile know all about overhyped trackers. We have seen way to many rise and then just vanish whit in 3 months.
Becouse the kids that decide to start them think its going to be a walk in the park. And have no idea how much work that actually required to run a site. And they chose the wrong people to run it with.. Ending up with internal drama. were someone how have spend days coding feeling unappreciated, then get pissed and run of with the entire database.
There is just way to much that can go wrong if you dont know what you are doing..

So Im asking you, Why do you need to run your own site?
Aint it more important to get a new site with everything you want on it? Content was the thing that made oink what it was. So what you are doing is only making sure that we are never getting a site like that again.

So im begging you, stop making all the half ass sites that are just thrown up in a few hours, then promoting them 100gb to what ever.

For every site that opens the possibility of a new oink decreases. And if you have no idea what you are doing your site is prolly going to shut down in a few months anyway, so why spend all you valuable time on this. When you can just join a site then go out and have fun with friends.

Edit: tyop which chillincool was so nice to point out :P

chillincool
11-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Witch is a new Oink.

Didn't read past your spelling which as witch.

sexydingo
11-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I thought most of the old OiNK admins scattered to some of these new sites? Really though, its between what.cd and waffles.fm for a suitable replacement as far as I'm concerned thats just fine with me. I have no problem being a member of both RevTT and TL. Why should it be any different for a music tracker :\

Bo0ddha
11-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Trackers with 100k memberships are not going to be around much longer I believe. Your going to have a bunch of small-medium sized trackers. Once you get to 50k+ it's just as "secure" as a public tracker. People seem to be getting more and more paranoid about such things.

Cheffy
11-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Trackers with 100k memberships are not going to be around much longer I believe. Your going to have a bunch of small-medium sized trackers. Once you get to 50k+ it's just as "secure" as a public tracker. People seem to be getting more and more paranoid about such things.

Actually valid point you are making there. When we see what happened to Oink i guess they are correct to be paranoid :)
But i am 100% sure that they feds are already on all the new trackers.

And sexydingo you also make some valid remarks, And to be honest i have more faith in waffels, since they actually took their time in making the tracker. It was not lets just make a tracker as soon as humanly possible.

freedom
11-02-2007, 02:25 AM
who wanna make with me a new moo site :lol: ?

nikmash232
11-02-2007, 02:26 AM
i will! lets make it filled with music

Remi
11-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Submission
11-02-2007, 02:44 AM
stmusic.org all the way.

Has more users and torrents than both combined.

mrnobody
11-02-2007, 02:46 AM

moo :)

Witch is a new Oink.

Didn't read past your spelling which as witch.

fnuny how smoe poelpe jsut are looikng for smoe msiatke to keep ohter dwon.

ulnses you are jkonig, tihs ani't no garmamr froum so IT DEOS NOT MTAETR! as lgog as it's udnrestbale. If you can raed it, taht's good eonguh...mvoe on.

Bo0ddha
11-02-2007, 04:24 AM
I agree they are probably on most trackers, but are they going to go after the ones with 5k members or 100k? The bigger you become the bigger target you become.

fOrUmAs
11-02-2007, 04:25 AM
for most people here what.cd is everything what they need,and for me also..so dont care if new 100 trackers be released abouth music..as long what.cd is there dont need any other.

mattnmarley
11-02-2007, 04:29 AM
Come on dude. Just support the hydra already, and stop being so negative. I'm a member of what.cd, and funkytorrents and still waiting for my invite to waffles.fm. Hell, I'll probably even support BOiNK even though it'll be public.

All I want is good quality Mp3's - If one of these sites goes down then there's always another option, and that's why I'll support them.

Bo0ddha
11-02-2007, 04:42 AM
I love what.cd. I also want waffles. I believe there is plenty of room/need for more than 1 quality music tracker.

Grind$oFine
11-02-2007, 05:43 AM
I don't think there could ever be enough good music trackers.
I loved OiNK more than I loved any other tracker, it probably could've supplied me with anything I ever wanted.
However, I still used IT, Libble, VIPMusic, TT, KrayTracker, STMusic, TR, TRB... (and Demonoid for music sometimes)

Any other type of tracker, I want as few as possible.
But music is very different.
You can check tons of different music sites, and see very different things uploaded on each. If you're a music lover - looking for all genres, new and old music alike, popular and obscure - you can never have too many sites to check up on.

silhoutte
11-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Completely agree with Cheffy (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/index.php?qgb=aHR0cDovL2ZpbGVzaGFyaW5ndGFsay5jb20vdmIzL21lbWJlcnMvY2hlZmZ5LTE1ODgyMQ%3D%3D) and squirr3l (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/index.php?qgb=aHR0cDovL2ZpbGVzaGFyaW5ndGFsay5jb20vdmIzL21lbWJlcnMvc3F1aXJyM2wtMTc5MzYw)
They all are trying to make hay when the sun sets. So please give up now. I even doubt those who are making these new crap are ex-oink uploaders or even mods wanting to be that proud oink mods or admns.

wheeloftime
11-02-2007, 08:17 AM
If people are prepared to put there own time and effort into new sites then good luck to all of them. Nobody is forcing you to join them.

xJohnxSmithx
11-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Well what is the only replacement to oink out there. If you were a member of oink and now at what, you already know. but for everybody else, it has the same feel, same catagories, same rules, even the forums feel the same, its incredible how much it reminds me of oink. I'm home...

Unstable1
11-02-2007, 09:13 AM
The one thing im sure of, is that all the wannabe oink trackers are only destroying the one thing everyone wants.. which is a new Oink.
(snip)

what a load of rubbish.

sert
11-02-2007, 10:24 AM
In general I agree with first poster, too may music trackers with similar or identical content, sometimes taken from one tracker, re-encoded and uploaded to the other tracker.

mrnobody
11-02-2007, 12:43 PM
(snip)

what a load of rubbish.

see what i mean :rolleyes:

ZedZedZed
11-02-2007, 01:48 PM

moo.me.uk :D Because OiNK doesn`t sound right.

Skiz
11-02-2007, 02:04 PM

Why is its so frecking important to run or be a mod at a site?

When there have already been opened 5 Wannabe oink sites, is it really need to open a 6īth,7īth and a 8īth ?
Stupid kids that needs to be in charge to increase their e-penis..
For every site that opens the possibility of someone to be able to gather enough members to actually become the next oink decreases.

So you end up with a dozen different sites with 5k members. instead of 1 with 100k.
And with all the different sites the users have no idea what site to put their effort into.
Lets face it, Making torrents of a 100gb mp3 collection is a boring and time consuming job. And no one wants to make it twice. So alot of users with HUGE collections are just sitting there, and waiting for someone to take the lead so they know were to put their valuable time into.

Further more the people that have been dealing with torrentsites for a wile know all about overhyped trackers. We have seen way to many rise and then just vanish whit in 3 months.
Becouse the kids that decide to start them think its going to be a walk in the park. And have no idea how much work that actually required to run a site. And they chose the wrong people to run it with.. Ending up with internal drama. were someone how have spend days coding feeling unappreciated, then get pissed and run of with the entire database.
There is just way to much that can go wrong if you dont know what you are doing..

So Im asking you, Why do you need to run your own site?
Aint it more important to get a new site with everything you want on it? Content was the thing that made oink what it was. So what you are doing is only making sure that we are never getting a site like that again.

So im begging you, stop making all the half ass sites that are just thrown up in a few hours, then promoting them 100gb to what ever.

For every site that opens the possibility of a new oink decreases. And if you have no idea what you are doing your site is prolly going to shut down in a few months anyway, so why spend all you valuable time on this. When you can just join a site then go out and have fun with friends.

Edit: tyop which chillincool was so nice to point out :P

:sage:

jasperr
11-02-2007, 02:32 PM
(snip)

what a load of rubbish.

obviously, if people like yourself aren't part of the solution, then your part of the problem!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :fist:

mrnobody
11-02-2007, 02:42 PM

moo.me.uk :D Because OiNK doesn`t sound right.

sounds good to me

EDIT: moo.me.uk is already registered lol

obviously, if people like yourself aren't part of the solution, then your part of the problem!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :fist:

nice lil quote :)

rvt
11-02-2007, 04:36 PM

nice lil quote :)

It would be if it worked :P
Unless Unstable1 is running a small oink wannabe tracker, he isn't part of the percieved problem.

I happen to agree though. If there is no "new oink", then there is nothing to destroy, no matter how many little sites pop into existance. Lots of smaller sites are the order of the day anyway, attracting less attention and being harder to pull down in one go.
Decentralization is a lesson that should have been learnt by all P2Pers repeatedly. It should have been relearnt with every shutdown of networks, servers and sites. Rebuilding a massively centralized single point of failure is plain stupid.

Bo0ddha
11-02-2007, 05:19 PM
What do you mean by new OiNK? I think a lot of people are kidding themselves if they think ANY new tracker is going to be 200k+ members anymore. If you mean the same style of music, community, and upload requirements then you already have 2 very good replacements. Otherwise there will be no new OiNK. Why can't people understand this? The time of OiNK has passed move on. Use it as a standard to build new communities, but you have to realize it's gone and will never be back. The reason why new sites keep popping up is the 175k+ members that WERE on OiNK now are homeless. What and Waffles both are going to have smaller userbases. Therefore by the sheer absurdity of 1st grade math you need more sites to have a place for the rest of the OiNKers to go. Each site will have a different style, community, and approach. You are just going to have to find the one that works for you. Home many sites came and went before TL found the right combination? If you happen to be happy with a new site that you found then stfu and let the rest of the people find the one they like. As much as I don't like STMusic theres plenty of people who very happy with it. You don't see me going around complaining about it. How many 0-day trackers show up and then die? Why don't you go complain about those for awhile.

Unstable1
11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
what a load of rubbish.

LOL.

two words: decentralisation & hydra.

learn what they mean and you might understand why i said the OP was talking rubbish.

j0hn
11-02-2007, 06:26 PM
couldnt disagree with the OP anymore. what do u think all this hydra talk has been about?
having lots of smaller sites is MUCH better than having 1 large site. less chance of having a repeat of what happened with oink. if there was 4 or 5 smaller sites, and 1 of them was closed, it wouldnt be such a big deal. but the torrent community had all its music eggs in 1 pink basket, and the closure of oink has hit everyone hard.

pone44
11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
how many users did O have?

Cheffy
11-02-2007, 07:39 PM
couldnt disagree with the OP anymore. what do u think all this hydra talk has been about?
having lots of smaller sites is MUCH better than having 1 large site. less chance of having a repeat of what happened with oink. if there was 4 or 5 smaller sites, and 1 of them was closed, it wouldnt be such a big deal. but the torrent community had all its music eggs in 1 pink basket, and the closure of oink has hit everyone hard.

Grate post.
It does actually make a lot of sense.
I actually have to agree with you there.

GoLDeN
11-02-2007, 11:35 PM
u really have a very good point but te problem that they dont give a fuck

jam0980tr
11-03-2007, 03:24 AM
What do you mean by new OiNK? I think a lot of people are kidding themselves if they think ANY new tracker is going to be 200k+ members anymore. If you mean the same style of music, community, and upload requirements then you already have 2 very good replacements. Otherwise there will be no new OiNK. Why can't people understand this? The time of OiNK has passed move on. Use it as a standard to build new communities, but you have to realize it's gone and will never be back. The reason why new sites keep popping up is the 175k+ members that WERE on OiNK now are homeless. What and Waffles both are going to have smaller userbases. Therefore by the sheer absurdity of 1st grade math you need more sites to have a place for the rest of the OiNKers to go. Each site will have a different style, community, and approach. You are just going to have to find the one that works for you. Home many sites came and went before TL found the right combination? If you happen to be happy with a new site that you found then stfu and let the rest of the people find the one they like. As much as I don't like STMusic theres plenty of people who very happy with it. You don't see me going around complaining about it. How many 0-day trackers show up and then die? Why don't you go complain about those for awhile.

Bo0ddha (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/bo0ddha-150786) every nices reply thats true in my option
my option we need more music sites

4rainertunes
11-03-2007, 11:33 PM

It won't be like that forever. Give it a few months to shake out. ONE of these new sites is gonna emerge as the most popular, but there will still be room for the others. VIPmusic & Indietorrents did fine, even when Oink was around.