PDA

View Full Version : fake oink proof

Polarbear
11-03-2007, 02:55 AM
hey guys,

there will be a lot of waffles giveaways here in the next weeks.
a lot of people will claim to be former oink pu.

there are chances that you might see this proof, which is 100% fake.

just wanted to let you know.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6679/oinkcdfrontpagescreenshpp5.png

mrnobody
11-03-2007, 02:58 AM
yup it's on the scam site (i think).

but i think there is lots of other way to successfully claim being ex-OiNK member.

when there will be waffels giveaway, there will be plenty people claiming to be ex-OiNK members with valid proof as screenies...and i am sure bunch of them won't sensor it. Who is gonna know, if someone posts someone else's screenies? [unless by chance you happen to have come across the screeni before (still chances of remembering is too low) or the original owner claims the screenies (which probably won't happen at all...coz if someone is providing ilegimate screenies i think he would pm rather than post in public]. Other than that, as verified from OiNK staff, there is NO WAY waffels can verify someone is ex-OiNK member based on torrent id. So, as long as someone knows general format of OiNK torrent id...they can make up their own.

Anways, i do think there will be some people who will publically claim that screeni to be their own.

Polarbear
11-03-2007, 03:00 AM
in fact it is a real oink screenshot, but it doesn't belong to the person who would claim it.

if you want to make sure that somebody was a real oink member, ask him for a proof of his paypal donation. they don't expire and everyone has them in their pp acc details.

mrnobody
11-03-2007, 03:09 AM
what if the person is alike me and never donates? which i do believe are most people.

beside, i don't think anyone would bother giving out paypal detail as a proof. i am not sure...does it involve a bit personal detail? well of course, it can be censored...but just speaking for statics...i have never seen a paypal donation used as a proof in this forum (unless pm). i am not saying it can't be...but i guess its insecure.

Grind$oFine
11-03-2007, 03:20 AM
I think on FST, a general background check would be helpful.
Maybe just search do an advanced search on their username with the keyword "OiNK".
For instance, I have no proof, but I think it can be pretty obvious I was a member, if you look at things I've said.
Or giveaway-ers can ask questions about the tracker, regarding rules, or something that would be really obvious to true ex-OiNKers.

supper
11-03-2007, 03:20 AM
in fact it is a real oink screenshot, but it doesn't belong to the person who would claim it.

if you want to make sure that somebody was a real oink member, ask him for a proof of his paypal donation. they don't expire and everyone has them in their pp acc details.

or he can show decent proof of onther tracker not necessarily onik

aysomc
11-03-2007, 03:29 AM
look for oink people who did giveaways of oink like me, if you did oink giveaways here in the past it means you were PU. i dont need waffles though, got it a couple days ago :)

mrnobody
11-03-2007, 03:34 AM
look for oink people who did giveaways of oink like me, if you did oink giveaways here in the past it means you were PU. i dont need waffles though, got it a couple days ago :)

can u make a temporary review then? :P [edit] please!

hangemhigh
11-03-2007, 03:41 AM
waffles? waffles?..... I don't need no stinkin waffles...

Chewy
11-03-2007, 03:52 AM
i took a screenshot of my invite email lol

FSTY
11-03-2007, 03:56 AM
I still have 5 oink torrents in utorrent

It's beautiful memory of oink. I miss that pig.

I'll keep them all the time untill my hdd is broken.

awoeonip
11-03-2007, 04:20 AM
i took a screenshot of my invite email lolthat's a great idea. I hope i can find mine now ><

Sawyer2020
11-03-2007, 04:32 AM
I only have my invite email at oink
but idk if that enough or not
not have any other proof is that enough !!!!!!!!

Enlightened
11-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Sounds like somethin U have for Breakfast....what a name for a Tracker..LOL

Grind$oFine
11-03-2007, 04:44 AM

A lot of people didn't want to give away their OiNK invites in giveaways because it ws so easy to get them taken away.. which leads to the next point, that a lot of people got theirs taken away.

Considering how many people were members of OiNK, I'd say there is gonna be a large amount of people not lying about having an account.

If they're not really a member you'd probably be able to find out from previous posts because either
a.) they made some rude remark about the tracker because they were bitter about being banned.
b.) they requested an invite and they were unsuccessful or something.

I don't think anyone has been preparing for this situation, pretending they've had OiNK the past 3 months or whatever.

And in other note, why should every member be a former OiNK member? Just because someone isn't a previous member of OiNK doesn't mean they have nothing to offer.

supper
11-03-2007, 04:46 AM

A lot of people didn't want to give away their OiNK invites in giveaways because it ws so easy to get them taken away.. which leads to the next point, that a lot of people got theirs taken away.

Considering how many people were members of OiNK, I'd say there is gonna be a large amount of people not lying about having an account.

If they're not really a member you'd probably be able to find out from previous posts because either
a.) they made some rude remark about the tracker because they were bitter about being banned.
b.) they requested an invite and they were unsuccessful or something.

I don't think anyone has been preparing for this situation, pretending they've had OiNK the past 3 months or whatever.

And in other note, why should every member be a former OiNK member? Just because someone isn't a previous member of OiNK doesn't mean they have nothing to offer.

+1 i had account with buffer 160 GB or something with 5 invites and i didnt want to take the risk of invite random ppl onik is just gone ppl