PDA

View Full Version : Flac and the flacking flackers thet use it

Tenth
11-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Well I have been without oink for over a week and its terrible. I only like high quality rips and can't seem to find a good source for them, any suggestions? Even if its private let me know so I can work on getting in. thank you in advance -tenth

Skiz
11-03-2007, 03:28 AM
There are only 2 main sites - E**** and Perdo's.

E**** is the mountaintop, so do what you need to to get there. Though you'll find no pre-released albums there; it's actually against the rules to upload prior to an official release.

Dr_Green_Thumb
11-03-2007, 03:31 AM
what the flac? check out what.cd and waffles.fm as a replacement but be patient they are just getting started.

Also isn't mp3 320 good enough, flac is just unnecessary unless you have the necessary equipment to hear the difference?

Grind$oFine
11-03-2007, 03:31 AM
Pedro's BTMusic and E**** are both FLAC trackers.

There are new "OiNK replacements" that have FLAC, but it's hard to judge which will last.
What.cd and Waffles are/were the most anticipated predecessors of OiNK.
Both are having problems and I don't think you can get invites at the moment, but soon there shouldn't be much of a problem.

STMusic is open and has quite a few FLAC uploads.
Demonoid has a lot of everything so it can be a good resource.

Tenth
11-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Thank you for the pointers I think I'll be good now.

@Skizo I'm not really interested in pre-releases, I can wait for quality. :)

@Dr_Green_Thumb Yeah mp3 is what I usually use but I like to have lossless on file because you never know what future technology will bring.