PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of what, waffles and stmusic

Submission
11-03-2007, 07:22 PM
For all of you that are wondering. Here's a comparison between the 3.

STMusic:
Registered users 42,679
Torrents 24,108

what:
Registered users 8,505
Torrents 14,046

waffles:
Registered users 1,793
Torrents 9,131

Looking at waffles and what cd, they have entirely scene releases. The avg music tracker that has scene uploaders has 14,000 scene releases.

At this point its what.cd vs stmusic but what.cd as a real long way to go.

yazh58
11-03-2007, 07:26 PM

STMusic:
Registered users 40,003
Torrents 22,505

what:
Registered users 8,505
Torrents 14,046

waffles:
Registered users 1,793
Torrents 9,131

Looking at waffles and what cd, they have entirely scene releases. The avg music tracker that has scene uploaders has 14,000 scene releases.

i have what.cd and stmusic. both pretty good, but i'm still wonderin about waffle.

_asd_
11-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Stmusic has awful design and doesn't have any community. Almost the same goes with what.cd. /me looking forward to joining waffles. I have a good feeling about it. :P

Grind$oFine
11-03-2007, 07:34 PM
What and Waffles kind of make me mad just because they weren't thinking when they opened.
Why didn't they prepare for all the people better?
Waffles had all this talk about invites being easy to get when they opened, and all this talk about it being easy... and now they're open and no invites because they need a new server....
and what.cd is full and slow as all hell... and numerous other issues...

they made/opened their sites as OiNK replacements... yet... look at how they're doing.

STMusic has been around longer and I think they are the most reliable in the situation.. and reliability gets my vote.

beat
11-03-2007, 07:51 PM

STMusic:
Registered users 40,003
Torrents 22,505

what:
Registered users 8,505
Torrents 14,046

waffles:
Registered users 1,793
Torrents 9,131

What about adding the opening date of the sites? This way it looks biased.

AkaiDoresu
11-03-2007, 07:53 PM
actually 9000 torrents in 3-4 days i v. nice, waffles.fm is doing great job, i think it will be between what.cd and waffles

Alien5
11-03-2007, 07:54 PM
this article explains the madness of the day waffles closed signups:

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/oink-wannabe---.html

HMthePM
11-03-2007, 08:00 PM
STMusic is nice but I dont like its site design, looks like I am moving through shitbag.

Submission
11-03-2007, 08:03 PM
actually 9000 torrents in 3-4 days i v. nice, waffles.fm is doing great job, i think it will be between what.cd and waffles

automated servers uploading the latest scene releases.

Means absolutely nothing. Oink was great because of user uploads, this attitude persevered in stmusic.

We've all seen what happens to over hyped sites, scn, rts etc. They have the nice initial burst of torrents and users with multiple accounts to trade.

Then they have no leechers because there is actually no one using the site let alone upload.

Why do you think they gave everyone 10g upload? Do you know of any site that gives 10g to EVERYONE? They're desperate. No one uses what.cd because there is simply no reason to with stmusic growing fast and well.

Fibo
11-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Although im not a member of either waffles or What, im still gonna have to go with ST dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind being a member of all threee, but im happy where I am now.

As stated above:

STMusic has been around longer and I think they are the most reliable in the situation.. and reliability gets my vote.

fOrUmAs
11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
After i rege on what.cd i really dont need any music site for now.what.cd have everything what i need now..and for me is number 1:)

Submission
11-03-2007, 08:16 PM
STMusic speeds are a shitload better than what.

25 seeds to every 1 peer for STM

what.cd is horrid something like 4.

Bucktoof
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I used to use stmusic and got an account again recently. They have a poor design and there isn't very much activity on the torrents for as many users as they have. The last couple times I opened the browse page, the highest number of seeders on one torrent was 8 and most were 1, 2, or 3 with at most 6 leechers on any one torrent. For the time stmusic has been around, the only community is the ex-oinkers who have started some posting.

With What.CD, I prefer their look and I dled 5 torrents and easily seeded each back before getting the gift upload credit. There's a lot of activity in the forums, not all great though. I'm holding out for this site to do well soon.

upGrayde
11-03-2007, 08:43 PM
it's funny how you guys complain about aesthetics

seriously, aesthetics

the stylesheets/designs ultimately have nothing to do with the quality of the tracker

and needless to say, the site design for stmusic is not as bad as you guys want to make it seem.....nor is the what.cd design...both are perfectly navigatable

and what.cd is not "slow as hell"...yeah it's slow, but it's nothing unbearable...it's something that can be remedied in due time

stop whining and appreciate what you do have

Galva
11-03-2007, 08:46 PM

LOL?

Where did you pull this rubbish from? Waffles has plenty of logged personal rips and is growing at a far faster rate than stmusic originally started out at. Once invites open back up, waffles will cruise past both other sites in no time at all.

For example, your stats of;

waffles:
Registered users 1,793
Torrents 9,131

is now;

Registered users 1,812 (just a small increase as invites are closed)
Torrents 9,788 (another 600+ torrents for a handful of new users)

The progress is impressive.

Grind$oFine
11-03-2007, 09:50 PM
You can say waffles and whatcd are better... because they're getting a lot of cds uplaoded very quickly... obviously they're going to get a lot of uploads, there's tons of albums that CAN be uploaded there.... as soon as the tracker gets filled up with torrents that people have and want to share, it's gonna slow down. It's not like they have an amazing collection and still get hundreds of albums by the hour.

They might show great potential, but you can't REALLY judge them yet.

Submission
11-03-2007, 10:23 PM

LOL?

Where did you pull this rubbish from? Waffles has plenty of logged personal rips and is growing at a far faster rate than stmusic originally started out at. Once invites open back up, waffles will cruise past both other sites in no time at all.

For example, your stats of;

waffles:
Registered users 1,793
Torrents 9,131

is now;

Registered users 1,812 (just a small increase as invites are closed)
Torrents 9,788 (another 600+ torrents for a handful of new users)

The progress is impressive.

lol? server automated scene releases. There are a ton of them that is available to upload seeing how you have no torrents to begin with.

I'm sorry but I seriously doubt a mere 1800 people are uploading 600+ like that.

With 1800 people, you have 1 person seeding 6 torrents. How fast do you think it'll go?

I used to use stmusic and got an account again recently. They have a poor design and there isn't very much activity on the torrents for as many users as they have. The last couple times I opened the browse page, the highest number of seeders on one torrent was 8 and most were 1, 2, or 3 with at most 6 leechers on any one torrent. For the time stmusic has been around, the only community is the ex-oinkers who have started some posting.

With What.CD, I prefer their look and I dled 5 torrents and easily seeded each back before getting the gift upload credit. There's a lot of activity in the forums, not all great though. I'm holding out for this site to do well soon.

sites stats say otherwise.

People upload so many files, I remember oink you couldn't see a leecher for a couple of pages, its no different. Due to the sheer number of albums people are not going to download everything.

Compare popular albums like Jay-z American gangster. At peak and right now STMusic had WAY more seeds. It doesn't compare. Maybe in 2-3 months it will.

Galva
11-03-2007, 10:31 PM
lol? server automated scene releases. There are a ton of them that is available to upload seeing how you have no torrents to begin with.

Where on earth are you pulling this scene automated rubbish from? Take a look at the uploads yourself...out of the last 100 about 10 are scene, and most of them all archives which aren't automated.

Kebert
11-04-2007, 12:39 AM

Where on earth are you pulling this scene automated rubbish from? Take a look at the uploads yourself...out of the last 100 about 10 are scene, and most of them all archives which aren't automated.

While I don't doubt that there are sites that use some sort of automated upload script. However, I think Submission is spinning really hard.

Galva
11-04-2007, 04:43 AM

While I don't doubt that there are sites that use some sort of automated upload script. However, I think Submission is spinning really hard.

Ofcourse, sites like SCC who only do scene rips automate it....waffles is nothing alike.

Submission
11-04-2007, 04:51 AM
lol its automated scene uploads.

fOrUmAs
11-04-2007, 06:23 AM
lol its automated scene uploads.

u could just say this lol its automated from SCC uploads;).at least what is from scene.

Submission
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
what?

timydog
11-04-2007, 09:43 PM
For me i hope st comes out on top, why, well;

Us ex oinkers want our community back, i do not care where the community exists but i want it back.

Polarbear
11-04-2007, 10:50 PM
For me i hope st comes out on top, why, well;

Us ex oinkers want our community back, i do not care where the community exists but i want it back.

How the f@@ck can you create an Oink like community when you cannot get a f@@@@cking invite???????????

Once in Oink, keep your nose clean, you are their forever, it was great, now we have a situation where you cannot get a invite to the Oink wannnnabies?

At least i got into ST, and liking it.

Coooo'mmmoooon guys, gals, sh@theads, get a gr@p, join ST lets start a f@cking community,

Not a tracker, a F@CKING BIG community

F@ck i am p!ssed off with all this talk of invite invite!!!!!!!!

If you are an ex oinker, you appreciate a community, it was all we wanted and we had it. so lets get it on STMusic???:frusty:

i'm afraid stmusic will never have a great community. it is a dl/ul tracker.
waffles has 2.000 users now that uploaded 12.000 torrents in 4 days. that is half of stmusic's torrents in 4 days! (remember stmusic has 10x more users)
the forum has over 5.000 posts already.
the stmusic forum has around 7.000 posts and is up for a year or so.

as i mentioned before: stmusic is great to grab scene rls, but don't expect to have a community there.

edit: talking about dl speed. i maxed out 16mbit on nearly every torrent i downloaded so far on waffles.

Submission
11-04-2007, 11:24 PM
What are you talking about, stmusic has the largest ex-oink community of all 3.

Like i said numerous times they are all scene uploads sorry, but automated seedbox'es uploading doesn't mean anything. You can find em on any general tracker. What separates STMusic from others is the user uploads.

You probably maxed out your 16mbit(if you even have that), because you are the only one leeching anything. We've all seen what happens to sites with no leechers. No leechers means no reason to upload to hold your ratio.

timydog
11-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I just want Oink back i suppose or something similar?

Its not about music or shared files its about friendships, trying to contact old friends on Oink. Is like trying to pick the winning Lotto numbers!

If you are an ex member of Oink, HI, at least you bought a ticket to the party?!!!!!!

Some never even got the chance to buy a ticket!

Long Live the Faith OINK! Start the NEW faith STMusic!

beat
11-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I just want Oink back i suppose or something similar?

Its not about music or files its about friendships, trying to contact old friends on Oink. >>>Is like trying to pick the Lotto numbers!

If you are an ex member of Oink, HI, at least you bought a ticket to the party?!!!!!!

Some never even got the chance!

Long Live the Faith OINK!!!!!!!!!!!! Start the NEW faith STMusic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had so much friends on OiNK you won't get any trouble getting an invite to What.cd and Waffles. It's just hard to join right now because invites are disabled until they get better servers (which should be soon). Just calm down and wait for a while, you won't regret it.

mrnobody
11-05-2007, 12:13 AM
http://oinkmemorial.blogspot.com/2007/11/waffles-is-starting-to-seem-pathetic-by.html

LOL!

timydog
11-05-2007, 12:29 AM
If you had so much friends on OiNK you won't get any trouble getting an invite to What.cd and Waffles. It's just hard to join right now because invites are disabled until they get better servers (which should be soon). Just calm down and wait for a while, you won't regret it.

Its not about having lots of friends on Oink

Its about the friends having invites?

Its about contacting friends?

Its about getting friends incontact with you now Oink is down?

Its about timing

Easy to say, lots of friends on Oink easy to get invites?

Systems are made by people, people are not easy to contact by systems?:shutup:

zorms
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
What are you talking about, stmusic has the largest ex-oink community of all 3.

Like i said numerous times they are all scene uploads sorry, but automated seedbox'es uploading doesn't mean anything. You can find em on any general tracker. What separates STMusic from others is the user uploads.

You probably maxed out your 16mbit(if you even have that), because you are the only one leeching anything. We've all seen what happens to sites with no leechers. No leechers means no reason to upload to hold your ratio.

Where do you get this shit from, There are no automated scene release uploading, only a very dedicated comunity. Both on Waffles and on What
Im on both so I can tell. And by the looks of it you are just angry because u cant get an invite on neither.
I'm on st-music also, sorry but st sucks

Submission
11-05-2007, 02:28 AM
you know stmusic is #1

Im sorry if there are no oinkers uploading at what.cd or waffles and all it has are automated scene uploads.

wonderferret
11-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Submission, stop spreading misinformation. Neither what.cd nor waffles.fm work on the basis of automated scene uploads, and both have very active communities composed of ex-oinkers. We all like stmusic, there's no need to act this way.

sfpavel
11-05-2007, 06:36 AM
the difference between stmusic and waffles/what.cd is that stmusic has the peers, people are downloading a lot besides only uploading

civeta
11-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Submission, you've been promoting STMusic by bogging down other trackers. I'd like to let you know that there are a large amount of ex-oinkers at what.cd AND waffles. You may be too ignorant to acknowledge that though. It's so obvious you try to plug stmusic in every single little post you make regarding either of these trackers. Seriously, waffles has 12000 torrents and stmusic has 40 times more users. STMusic isn't a community either, it's a flood of people looking to hit and run torrents then be off with their music. I don't know if you're some kind of staff or just a fanatic, but kill the elitism.

aysomc
11-05-2007, 07:41 AM
terrible comparison. waffles will be the replacement for oink, if ur a member there you know that they are 2000 torrents behind what and that number was 4000 yeasterday. the site is much better and they are making these strides with only 2000 members, wait for them to open invites again, you'll see what im talking about. stmusic isnt any good, bad layout, no community and they only grew to those numbers because they were already up when oink went down. so let me say this again, ive used them all and i can say with no question the best tracker by quite a bit imo is waffles. you'll all get in with time, be patient.

Submission
11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
lol all you what.cd cock suckers need to stfu already. Look at numbers, plenty of seeds, torrents and leechers.

Stmusic is 3 times bigger in every category of each tracker.

in 2 days it has grown by 2,142 users. That is just the last two days alone.

Torrents are near the 24,000 mark.

STMusic started almost 2 years ago, its community is one of the oldest. So pls dont compare what.cd to stmusic in community. Its reliability is the better than the other two shitty sites, one which didn't even have a domain name.

Polarbear
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
lol all you what.cd cock suckers need to stfu already.

oh, now you are not only annoying people with your posts, but starting to insult other users.

bye bye submission and welcome on my ignore list :frusty:

bathead
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
We will see what happens when waffles invites open up but I would put my money on waffles as being the next Oink. Their invites seem to be the most wanted of any music site now.

zorms
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Can we bann him please?

civeta
11-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Look at these stats for waffle:Registered users2,262 Torrents13,561
If waffle had 40,000 invited users how many torrent do you think waffle would have? Yeahhhh... I think this thread and that kid is getting out of hand.

Submission
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
what do you think would happen if stmusic had 200,000 users like oink.

IceTee
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
what do you think would happen if stmusic had 200,000 users like oink.

You have an "argument dysfunction" :lol:
Every1 of your remarks on this thread made no sense...

I think it's a good thing for a member to defend the tracker he's using but not with insults and childish remarks and most of all... not bringing other trackers down when.... you're defending a tracker that !!! is not being attacked !!!
I don't think that Stmusic staff members would like what you're doing here...

But let's just see your last reply:

STmusic:
Registered users: 42,659
Torrents: 24,099

> 42,659 x 5 = (+/-) 200,000 users
> 24,099 x 5 = (+/-) 120,495 torrents

Waffle:
Registered users: 2,142 users
Torrents: 24,000 torrents

> 2,142 x 100,000 = (+/-) 200,000 users
> 24,099 x 100,000 = (+/-) 2,409,900,000 torrents2,409,900,000 torrents > 120,495 torrents

By what you're saying, If both trackers went up to 200,00 users, like Oink, Waffle would be bigger than STmusi. (20,000 times bigger)

:P:P

Stop bad-mouthing the new trackers and help this community grow.

Actatoi
11-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Text

Thank you, you just posted exactly my thoughts however I were too lazy to write them down. I second IceTees post.

Submission
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
you missed my point. Waffles doesn't have 40,000 users. Both trackers would have more torrents with more users. Its like saying if I was rich i'd be rich.

Question is how did waffles get their torrents? Automated seedbox uploads, since there is so many scene releases you are looking at about 14,000 torrents +/- 1000.

LOBO210
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
dude i'm totally new but from my understanding Waffles is pred to be bigger than all... Correct me if i'm wrong and why

civeta
11-05-2007, 09:02 PM
you missed my point. Waffles doesn't have 40,000 users. Both trackers would have more torrents with more users. Its like saying if I was rich i'd be rich.

Question is how did waffles get their torrents? Automated seedbox uploads, since there is so many scene releases you are looking at about 14,000 torrents +/- 1000.

Prove to me that it's automated seedbox uploads. I know I've uploaded ~35 torrents personally to waffles. And just for the record, I don't have anything against STMusic and was a previous member. But what submission is doing to promote STMusic is wrong. Waffles nor What.cd degrades other trackers to bring attention to their own. Keep this bias bullshit to yourself.

Submission
11-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Facts are bullshit?

Im only reiterating real statistics.

You are the one with bias desperately attempting to keep what.cd alive when it has no support.

Why do you think they gave everyone 10gb? Everyone's a power user now and the fact that they gave 10gb to everyone is really the demise of the site, now no one has a reason to upload. 10gb of music is alot and it took a while for me to download 10gb from oink.

It will be months before people use up 10gb and decide to upload, and from now up to that point, stmusic will grow with user uploads, meaning stuff you probably wont find anywhere else.

civeta
11-05-2007, 09:14 PM
First of all, I am not trying to keep anything alive nor put a tracker to death. I understand you really do like stmusic and are dedicated to promoting it, but I do not agree with the way you are doing it. I don't care if you want to get the word out that STMusic is growing, but again, don't put other trackers down. I am not here defending a site and it's future, I'm just asking that you not make it seem like STMusic is better than every other tracker by negatively commenting about them. I'm not going to argue this anymore, so continue to do what you do kid.

Submission
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
what and waffles are small, I'm only reiterating the facts, if you dont like the facts then dont comment on whats better.

Saroman
11-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Speculations at this juncture are totally baseless..

Lets wait for a while.. Let them be comparable.!!

Waffles and What are still sorting out thier bugs.. Whatever happens i am pretty sure only one out of these two is coming out on top..

IceTee
11-05-2007, 10:04 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Every time I read this topic and the answers given by Submission (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/submission-135428) I LMFAO.

I believe that there's a bwin bet going around....

Submission (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/submission-135428) is:

10 years old (1.05) ||| 11 years old (1.25) ||| 12 years old (3.05)

:D

fOrUmAs
11-05-2007, 10:56 PM
what and waffles are small, I'm only reiterating the facts, if you dont like the facts then dont comment on whats better.

the facts are that stmusic sucks,second what-waffles are small:slap:??? tell me one just one site that have get in only 3 days over 8.500users and over 14K torrents..non that what i tell u.

the facts are that what.cd and waffles even now are way better that ST sorry m8 but that is the true and when what.cd get new server soon im sure that ST will be history that no one will remember;)

Submission
11-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Stmusic jumped 8k in users and 6k in user uploads in a matter of days.

You keep mentioning bad numbers, the torrents are scene automated uploads, Im sorry if you just wont admit it, but the fact is, when you log in all you see are old and new scene torrents. Something that stmusic already had.

it seems like what is down again. Stmusic? Still up and growing strong. Stmusic is old and reliable that is why so many oinkers are going there. The only folks going to what and waffles are account traders.

Something like scn/rts/rts2, but then those sites didn't get as desperate as what and give 10gb to everyone.

Fortech
11-06-2007, 09:21 AM
the facts are that what.cd and waffles even now are way better that ST

in what way? number of torrents? number of users?
don't think so

Submission
11-06-2007, 06:36 PM
how are they way better when stmusic has more users/torrents/peers/seedratio than both of them combined?

beat
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
how are they way better when stmusic has more users/torrents/peers/seedratio than both of them combined?

For now. And by the way are you trying to impress anyone?

Submission
11-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Actually yeah the ex-oinkers who are still wondering. Dont fall for what.cd bullshit.

what is going to be great
its going to have lots of torrents
its going to be the new oink.

it sucks
its slow
its down
its unreliable
its full of scene torrents only
there are no leechers
no one is using it
its about half the size of stmusic.

conclusion:

stmusic > everything else.

beat
11-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Torrents: 19,496 @ Waffles.
I predict that in 2 days STMusic will be beaten by waffles. And don't come with your bullshit saying it's automatic scene uploads, because for example the scene doesn't release lossless and there are tons of lossless releases on waffles.