PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend

Defy
11-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Plot: Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable, and man-made. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and maybe the world. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague -- The Infected -- lurk in the shadows... watching Neville's every move... waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered... and quickly running out of time.

Taken from IMDB:
From what I can tell from the movie trailer it seems to follow the book. Will Smith's character's name is Robert Neville, he is survivor of a virus that has wiped out most of the population of the earth, including his family. However, the virus doesn't just kill everyone, it infects them and they become vampires. The book's location is Los Angeles, but the movie takes place in New York. As far as Robert knows, he is the only uninfected person in New York, and possibly the world. He spends his time trying to make contact with other survivors, working on a cure to the virus using his blood and, of course, killing vampires.

Extended Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2fWJ6ux8PM

When I first saw a teaser trailer for this film some months back I was automatically reeled in. I've always been a fan of movies that Will Smith is cast in, and this one is definitely long the lines of Independence Day... which was a great movie.

I Am Legend had an eerie twist to it that I couldn't quite place until I read a semi-spoiler on it from IMDB.com. I never read the book, but even after viewing the material provided on the website it has only made me that much more anticipated for its release date.

I have high expectations for this film, and since I've always been a horror/thriller/sci-fi fan I can't wait to get a front row seat to it. :)

hippychick
11-04-2007, 02:20 AM
I posted a thread awhile back about this movie.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-movies-tv-18/t-i-am-legend-212321

I can't wait to see it, I watched trailer 2 you linked and it gave me the chills.
Here is a new link to another trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B5o4WkEj5A&NR=1

I read the short story and watched the other movies based on the book.
I don't think The Omega Man did the book justice after reading the book.

I posted a link to the online movie staring Vincent Price in the other thread.:)

The ending in all 3 are sad. It would be nice if this movie has a different ending, but then it wouldn't follow the book. Will Smiths movie's always have happy endings

scribble
11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
yeah i saw a trailer of it, there was like, a lion in NYC.... wtf?

Mrststyle
11-04-2007, 09:55 PM
now this will be a movie that will rock in Hollywood :D

hippychick
11-04-2007, 11:12 PM

Only people died from the plague not animals, so the lions probably from a zoo people let loose, that my guess

Grind$oFine
11-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Only people died from the plague not animals, so the lions probably from a zoo people let loose, that my guess

Ahh, that makes sense, I was wondering about that.

Nonetheless, the movie still looks great, I'm really looking forward to it.

mr. nails
12-08-2007, 06:00 AM
this movie looks really good. this movie is actually part 4. i have no knowledge of teh prior 3 movies. imma have to check them out so i can catch up.

Facts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(film)).

not sure if i will be able to find the prior movies or not, but imma try.

dsa16
12-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Im looking forward to this movie, the vampires look cool

peat moss
12-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Im looking forward to this movie, the vampires look cool

I was about to say what Vampires .. then remembered the blood angle . :happy: I can't wait for the movie .

kirktrix
12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
The movie looks nice... Definitely i will watch it on cinema..But the Chinese banned the film so i have to wait two more weeks to watch it....:( Damn Chinese....:lol:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/07/arts/AS-A-E-MOV-China-Will-Smith.php

Aaxel21
12-08-2007, 10:51 AM
It looks awesome. So were there previous movies or just the 3 books?

mr. nails
12-08-2007, 11:07 AM
It looks awesome. So were there previous movies or just the 3 books?

movies

peat moss
12-08-2007, 08:06 PM
The movie looks nice... Definitely i will watch it on cinema..But the Chinese banned the film so i have to wait two more weeks to watch it....:( Damn Chinese....:lol:

That article was interesting kirktrix , for the info but coming from a country of knock off's and pirates it was a hoot to read how they protect their own movie industry ... Give me a break ,fucking hypocrite's . :lol:

OXO
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
now this will be a movie that will rock in Hollywood

kirktrix
12-09-2007, 05:51 PM

That article was interesting kirktrix , for the info but coming from a country of knock off's and pirates it was a hoot to read how they protect their own movie industry ... Give me a break ,fucking hypocrite's . :lol:

Really funny :D...After they release in US it takes only one day and you will see the pirated DVD in the streets...:D

If they allow foreign movies in cinema sometimes they releases the movie one or two months late....

at946
12-13-2007, 07:32 AM
I read the book years ago ,superb, by Richard Mathison I think .I've a feeling a Charleton Heston movie "Omega Man" was based on it but I found it tame compared to the book.

JunkBarMan
12-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Best part of this movie for me: The Batman preview before the movie.

Edit:

Dislikes.
Too much of a Ford Ad. Some Parts were drawn out and got a bit dull. Seemed like the whole movie had you waiting for something to happen and when it did happen, I wasn't very impressed.

The Ending.....left much to be desired, yet again, not impressed.

The Mustang. Will Smith. His Gun. His Dog. Him Losing his mind.

IGetMoney
12-16-2007, 02:31 AM
I cant wait for the HD DVD or Bluray movie to comeout when ever it does

hbkwarez
12-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Lol Just get it off from any local Public Torrent site instead of street Dvd lol :)

Aaxel21
12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
That was an awesome movie

legand
12-21-2007, 08:20 PM
hahah if u legand so what i'm

godfather00
12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Movie looks very nice, i have to download it :shifty:

AmpeD
12-22-2007, 01:15 AM
take a shit b4 u watch it b/c if u dont the stuff that pops out will literally scare the shat outta you

barakokula
12-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Blah,the usual hollywood action movie that begins with a Ford Mustang GT commercial:D
I liked the middle part though,the way his loneliness was presented,it was really good. Too bad for the usual end.

Liked the book very much,but this is just mediocre.

Aaxel21
12-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Transformers was a GM commercail. Seems to be the thing to do theses days.

tusks
12-22-2007, 05:59 AM
Just FYI for everyone that downloads it, the REPACK of the DVDScr by IMBT is the good xvid. Also if you're going to download the DVDR, I heard the TGP rip is the best.

mr. nails
12-22-2007, 01:19 PM
i thought the movie was really good. idk wtf ppl are talking about when they say it sucked. also, no vampires in this film. lastly, batman / superman coming attractions ftw! 8.5/10

zablik
12-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Good film.Best from whole film is that a how pay out after manhatn in Shelby gt 500.Nice car!

sakur
12-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Looks very good, I'm gonna see it tomorrow. :)

peat moss
12-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Just FYI for everyone that downloads it, the REPACK of the DVDScr by IMBT is the good xvid. Also if you're going to download the DVDR, I heard the TGP rip is the best.

Ya good post friend as there are a few good rips out there , I got the Proper.dvdscr xvid which was excellent . I'm still depressed over the ending tho . :lol:

Mrststyle
12-22-2007, 11:52 PM
this is one of the best movies I ever saw ,,amazing imagination..too bad with the final part..but still very exciting movie:)

lee551
12-23-2007, 12:38 AM
i thought it was a pretty cool movie. altho towards the ending i got the feeling like the writers did some math and went, "shit we're almost at two hours already? well i think we can wrap this up in about two more paragraphs, no problem." :lol:

for the dog lovers out there... :cry:

peat moss
12-23-2007, 12:48 AM
i thought it was a pretty cool movie. altho towards the ending i got the feeling like the writers did some math and went, "shit we're almost at two hours already? well i think we can wrap this up in about two more paragraphs, no problem." :lol:

for the dog lovers out there... :cry:

Or the Latina fans . Gee first movie had white guy and black chick, second one ( straight to DVD ) I am Omega with a Oriental Kung Fu guy and white broad ,then the Prince of Belair and I think a Latina woman . Made me think the original authors meaning ? Can't we all just get along ? :lol:

fstrulz
12-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Or the Latina fans...
I believe the chick in the movie says that she's from Sao Paolo (Brazil). :)

I saw the screener version of the movie, which is only 91 mins. long (theater version is 101 mins.), and I just thought the movie was OK... I was expecting that the movie was going to be action-packed, but after one and a half hour, Will Smith was already dead and the movie was over... 6.5/10

Something Else
12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
The usual merkin shite. :dabs: 2/1000

ayman2002227
12-23-2007, 07:15 PM
will smith enoufh to see movie good movie i se it

Phantom_Magus
12-24-2007, 01:34 AM
I loved the movie the first time I saw it, not so much the second time.

Scavenger
12-24-2007, 05:55 AM
I didn't like it so much...

sjames1682
12-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey,you guys can download this movie.Excellent dvd quality! It's awesome!

ajsi
12-25-2007, 08:48 AM
the story was interesting from beginning, but as film continued and continued, i was disappointed and more disappointed. and will smith doesn't save this film

IceTee
12-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Big disappointment IMO

Explosion
12-25-2007, 05:41 PM
good Movie

kooftspc11
12-25-2007, 06:47 PM
the movie was very disappointing.

the Dark Knight trailer before it, however, was not :)

minaoll
12-26-2007, 02:39 AM
this movie looks really good. this movie is actually part 4. i have no knowledge of teh prior 3 movies. imma have to check them out so i can catch up.

Facts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(film)).

not sure if i will be able to find the prior movies or not, but imma try.

no its now the part 4.its actually the 3rd remake.
the 1st was the last man on earth http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058700/
the 2nd was the omega man
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067525/

hanyash
12-26-2007, 03:06 AM
it is a very good movie