PDA

View Full Version : Selling Dled Movies

Twist3r
07-16-2003, 03:49 AM
i was thinking about selling downloaded movies in school even tho its REALLY illigal....but i could make good money cause kids in my school dont know about warez and pirating stuff

my question is... is it worth it? and do any of u do it?
if a teacher or somthing saw i could get like 18 months in jouvy!!

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-16-2003, 03:53 AM
you jest, right?

balamm
07-16-2003, 03:55 AM
18 months ? in juvy ? more like life on the rockpile if you get caught.

tite-wad
07-16-2003, 03:56 AM
IMO that crosses the line between sharing and pirating. :pirate:

Celerystalksme
07-16-2003, 03:57 AM
I was thinking about selling ken park to everyone seeing its banned in Australia...but yeah selling a pirated ban movie in Australia...don't really wanna go there... :lol:

toddiscool
07-16-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by tite-wad@16 July 2003 - 04:56
I agree, I duno why but that just seems wrong. It is kinda like drugs, I mean it is ok to use them but to sell them then you are scum? (not calling you scum just an analagie)

Ron
07-16-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by tite-wad@16 July 2003 - 05:56
more like stealing IMHO.
He doesn't want to buy a legal copy, because "the artists are rich enough", and then he goes out and makes money on their backs?

Besides, 18 months in juvy is nothing, but as you're underaged, your parents will have to pay the fine.
And for some reason, I don't think it will be small, if you were caught selling.
Don't put your parents in that position kid. Just enjoy the movies, and share them.
We are a non-profit organisation, dude!!! ;)

Twist3r
07-16-2003, 04:54 AM
yes i do agree now the fine would be huge and its just not worth it...

brainfreezy04
07-16-2003, 04:57 AM
my teacher let us watch t3 on the last day of summer school

MediaSlayer
07-16-2003, 05:03 AM
my eigth grade teacher through a party for us at her house but warned us not to "mess around" lol we were nerds anyway(i was in honors courses at the time) but i guess she didn't want someone's daughter getting laid in her house! :ph34r: :P :P :P :D

Twigboy
07-16-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@16 July 2003 - 05:03
but i guess she didn't want someone's daughter getting laid in her house! :ph34r: :P :P :P :D
I guess it's a good thing I was'n't there.

Ron
07-16-2003, 06:28 AM
Twigboy is a girl? :blink:

shn
07-16-2003, 06:30 AM
I would say dont do it. But on the other hand thats a decision youll have to make on your own considering as how we all have choices in life we have to make, good or bad. ;)

What I will say is this: If your gonna do it then do it now. Better to get caught as a kid and go to juvenile hall or whatever they call it nowdays, rather than get caught as an adult and have all that crap on your permanent record.

TheFilePirater
07-16-2003, 06:33 AM
i tried it once, it didnt work (vcd is shit and i didnt know bout the header trick) and it was hard explainin the codec thing to kids

tite-wad
07-16-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Ron@16 July 2003 - 01:28
Twigboy is a girl?  :blink:
http://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/space.GIF :P http://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/space.GIFhttp://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/clap.gifhttp://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/space.GIFhttp://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/laugh.gifhttp://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/space.GIFhttp://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/clap.gifhttp://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/space.GIF :P

crazy_billy_bats
07-16-2003, 06:47 AM
I think thats quite silly. I know fools who do it and get away with it, altho the penalties for getting caught are much greater now, and they are cracking down on it. But there is so many people doing it there isnt much they can do.
I just (used) to keep them for myself only.

chalice
07-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Where I live, people openly sell dvd rips, downloaded movies and music from stalls on the high street. Doesn't seem to bother them much.
The quality is generally v bad and it makes me want to do it just because I know I could provide a better service. I'm too busy though.

crazy_billy_bats
07-16-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by chalice@16 July 2003 - 06:51
Where I live, people openly sell dvd rips, downloaded movies and music from stalls on the high street. Doesn't seem to bother them much.
The quality is generally v bad and it makes me want to do it just because I know I could provide a better service. I'm too busy though.
might that be the old corner of Nutts then my friend !?? hehehe.

You have to admit that some can be good quality.....like the dvd rips and shit like that. I got Bruce almighty, holywood homicide and finding nemo for myself and they were all great quality - easily watchable :D :D

chalice
07-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Typical, Bill. You can take the boy out of Ireland etc...
You're just perpetuating the dishonesty in this country and you're not even in it. :D
I was talking about Castle Street, Bill, but its the same people who do them I would venture. Fair f**ks to them.
Oh, and good morning, Bill.

crazy_billy_bats
07-16-2003, 07:02 AM
aha castle street.... !!! oh well im sorry for the degrading and all that nonsense.... :D :D

tis a beautiful country indeed altho i wont see it for a while yet.

And good morning to yourself too young man !!! :D :D :D

hope you are having a good one ;)

Yeah fair do´s, if those pricks can get away with it then go ahead, they run the risk of getting caught.

There is always people selling them in works and places tho, the manager where i used to work was selling rips of the shitness that is matrix reloaded, and other shit. has the nerve to sell them openly - to me they are the ones who run the most risk of getting caught.

Hope you have a nice day btw chalice - dont get involved in any stonings or anything now.

chalice
07-16-2003, 07:08 AM
Lol, I'm lying low for the duration, Bill.
Although I must say things have been pretty quiet over the twelfth.
Except for a 2 month old baby gettin hit with a brick in the markets area on Saturday.
The parades have been passing off peacefully (touch wood).
I'm gonna go camping with the kids at the weekend so I'm hoping that the climate holds, literally and figuratiely.

crazy_billy_bats
07-16-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by chalice@16 July 2003 - 07:08
Lol, I'm lying low for the duration, Bill.
Although I must say things have been pretty quiet over the twelfth.
Except for a 2 month old baby gettin hit with a brick in the markets area on Saturday.
The parades have been passing off peacefully (touch wood).
I'm gonna go camping with the kids at the weekend so I'm hoping that the climate holds, literally and figuratiely.
yeah man i heard about that my bro was telling me on the phone, thats is unbelievable.....because his dad was wearing a rangers top or something like that?

I hope the old camping trip goes well. Where you heading then? The Marble arch caves? castlewellen perhaps? rostrever? i know these haunts as i used to go on such trips, being the deprived child that i was, in a caravan with an awning in good old ireland freezing my ass off every summer. great!!!!!! hehehe :D

i really hope all goes well my man. At least it seems to be changinf for the better there - last year was a mess and i hope that it will stay better now - for good.

chalice
07-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Yeah, Bill.
The guy in the car was wearing a band uniform and his son was wearing a rangers top.
Sick bastards in this country.
I'm going to Port Stewart and Port Rush.
Not because they're good, just for the beach and the amusements.
The kids need out of this pit.
If this post had a smell, it would be reeking of jealousy.
You're such a jammy get, Bill.
All is well in espania, I trust?

balamm
07-16-2003, 07:39 AM
http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/hijacklive.jpg

tite-wad
07-16-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by balamm@16 July 2003 - 02:39
http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/hijacklive.jpg
http://members.roadfly.com/tite-wad/wtf.gif

Is that supposed to be a hijacking reference??? :blink:

balamm
07-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Hmm.... Yeah, it does look more like a kidnapping.

Ok,

Breaking news!!  Thread kidnapping in progress... 

chalice
07-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Sorry. :rolleyes:

crazy_billy_bats
07-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by chalice@16 July 2003 - 07:18
Yeah, Bill.
The guy in the car was wearing a band uniform and his son was wearing a rangers top.
Sick bastards in this country.
I'm going to Port Stewart and Port Rush.
Not because they're good, just for the beach and the amusements.
The kids need out of this pit.
If this post had a smell, it would be reeking of jealousy.
You're such a jammy get, Bill.
All is well in espania, I trust?
without trying to hijack the thread, ill be really quick as there are german freaks and shit waiting to use this computer in the school :lol: :lol:

well mate, call i can say is that i love this place to bits. so much better than back home it begins to be not funny.

but then again, home is home. the only thing i miss is the family, and thats going to be the only thing i miss. Not getting up at 6 to get a shitty 76 bus into town !! f*ck that my friend !!!

portrush is always good craic mate, you know that. cant beat the death ride that is the barrys roller coster. if no one knows i am talking about an "amusment" park in northern ireland.

anyway thanks for asking chalice my old chummy.

im still very upset about that episode at the markets.....we can only hope shit like that will eventually stop and the assholes learn to RESPECT eachother. i suppose it will come one day...

and on topic dont sell illegally copied dvds and or vcds !! itll get u into trouble!!

right im off as there is chinese, french, and all sorts of peeps on my back, reading what im typing now more thank likely!!

so buy my excellent forum friends !!! :D :D

kassinopious
07-16-2003, 09:25 AM
do it... i used to sell copied games/music/movies at school and i made a fortune, like £70 a week from it at least..i ended up stopping though when lots of other people got there own cd writers and broadband connections etc

i did it for like 3 years tho and never got caught once.. infact the teachers that asked me what i was doing wanted to buy cds off me also

-KasS

Twigboy
07-16-2003, 09:36 AM
No atleast the last time I checked,I was just commenting that it was a good thing I wasn't there because there wouldn't be that many cheeries to pop after i got done with the cause.

MediaSlayer
07-16-2003, 09:38 AM
twigboy are you on drugs?

Twigboy
07-16-2003, 09:47 AM
:lol: No I guess you could say i'm just misunderstood sometimes,lousy grammer,the inability to make comprehensive sentences.
Aaahh! I'm cursed!! :o

MediaSlayer
07-16-2003, 10:04 AM
he and i thought it was the forum screwing up!

Proper Bo
07-16-2003, 10:30 AM
Right, for the first time EVER, I'm going to return a thread back to it's topic.

When I was in school (not long ago :D ) I used to sell stuff on to ma mates in lessons but for nowt much, really just covering running costs of the internet and cd's etc. I got away with it because I used to pick the right lessons and when the teacher walked in they would find the new album from their favourite band mysteriously had appeared on their desk :D

I even taught my IT teacher where to get the stuff from and after a short time, he had the cheek to ask me if I wanted to buy any films off him!!

EDIT: Needless to say, this got me out of handing in many a piece of work and also worked very well with detentions :lol: