PDA

View Full Version : !! Downloading Files from Seedbox DOUBT !!

Saroman
11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to download some files from ftp (seedbox), but its way to slow even on my 2Mbps connection. So i should be getting around 240+ KB/s. I thought that with private FTP i would be getting full speed, but i dunno i might be missing something.

I am using software "FlashFXP" to download from a ftp. My speeds dont cross 90KB/s

Any ideas how can i tweak it to get the best ?

Thanx..

blackbird
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
why the hell is this in the BT section ?

Saroman
11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Well its related to BT...I am trying to download form seedbox...so i thought may be this was right section..NO ?

Besides we discuss many seedbox related issues here :ermm:

Mayhem
11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
when i had a box i had the same problem, this is because you are connecting through SFTP. I found that for some reason cuteftp improves the speed but not by much.

Saroman
11-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanx will try Cuteftp and will post if theres some improvement..

Cheffy
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Saroman you are probably seeding with your home connection as well..
And the more you upload on your home connection the slower it will go to download.
So try limiting your upload speed when you are downloading.

Mayhem
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
also in order to bypass the SSH, you can use the utorrent on your box as a tracker.
Just create a torrent there with the files you want, and download it to your home PC like from any other tracker.
Though it is a little long but should work @ max speed.
Here is how:http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does_.C2.B5Torrent_have_an_embedded_tracker.3F

OmaRin0
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
well i'm using BulletProof to MAKE the ftp, and IDM to download from the ftp, and i got FULL speed (400 kb/s)

ose
11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I got the same problem but some trackers luckily allow you to leech from two IPs so leech fom home and leech/seed from shell

Saroman
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Saroman you are probably seeding with your home connection as well..
And the more you upload on your home connection the slower it will go to download.
So try limiting your upload speed when you are downloading.

No i am not seeding or leeching through home connection. Only transfering files from seedbox atm..

also in order to bypass the SSH, you can use the utorrent on your box as a tracker.
Just create a torrent there with the files you want, and download it to your home PC like from any other tracker.
Though it is a little long but should work @ max speed.
Here is how:http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does_.C2.B5Torrent_have_an_embedded_tracker.3F

Actually its my friends box so i dont have much access :)

well i'm using BulletProof to MAKE the ftp, and IDM to download from the ftp, and i got FULL speed (400 kb/s)

How do i download from FTP through IDM...

And Bulletprrof is used to make ftp rite..?? But ftp is already there. I have got the userid and pass for it. The only problem is while leeching i dont get full speeds.. Just used CuteFTP and its max speed is 670kbps i.e 84Kb/s so even through this its not even crossing 100 :01:

OmaRin0
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
hmm, what seedbox r u using?

Saroman
11-05-2007, 05:45 PM
keyweb..!!

GoLDeN
11-05-2007, 06:12 PM
donno try to ask customer service

Saroman
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Ok now whats that to do with customer service :O

The problem is that i am not doing something right..

seanbee
11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Are u trying to ftp the files using SSH? If so then know that this adds a lot of overhead to the transfer thus reducing speeds.

I had the same problem when I got my seedbox so I did the following:

1) Install vsftpd on my seedbox, configuring it to listen on port XXXX
2) Using a ftp client (Cuteftp, flashXP), connect to seedbox on port XXXX

Since doing that I don't fall below my maximum when transferring from seedbox to desktop at home.

PS: Also bear in mind the location of the seedbox, if you in the US for example and seedbox is in Germany, this may result in some loss in speeds.

Saroman
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Actually i only have Webui access and not complete one..so i cannot install anything..

And actually am not very familiar with SSH but that might be the problem because my all other downloads are working fine at full speeds..

Also yeah seedbox in out of my country but it shouldnt affect so much.. Is there any way i can tweak the speed :(

ADELA
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
check this out by far the best ive ever used and ive used them all.

http://www.wise-ftp.com/

i was having the same issue as you till i started using that ftp client. tripled my speed!

Saroman
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok lets try that too..(fingers crossed)

And here we go again :(

WiseFTP not helping either..

I tried downloading different files changin various settings and everytime i download its

< 421 Too many users - please try again later.
> TYPE I
> TYPE I
> TYPE I
> TYPE I
> TYPE I
< 421 Service closing control connection.

The above is the short log of the error...

boobly
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I have keyweb and my speeds are about 180-200 kb/s I use bulletproof ftp. I had no problem setting it up because I opted for the windows version of the box.

Saroman
11-06-2007, 06:57 PM
@boobly :- well i have tried Cuteftp and FlashFXP..so lets try Bulletproof ftp too :P

Still stuck at 90 :(

seanbee
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
@boobly :- well i have tried Cuteftp and FlashFXP..so lets try Bulletproof ftp too :P

Still stuck at 90 :(

Did u install a new FTP server like I suggested?

Chances are you are still transferring thru secured protocals that adds overhead to the download process.

masterbat
11-06-2007, 07:10 PM
how did you pay for your "keyweb seedbox " saroman ?

Zeus
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
You wont necessarily get full speeds just because its from an ftp, eg. if your server is the other side of the world or with a company that heavily oversubscribes its bandwidth. A good way to push it up is to open up multiple threads, ie have 5 instances of flash fxp downloading at the same time (one downloading the first 5 rars, the next doing the next 5 etc..)

Saroman
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
^^^
Actually when i tried its download only 1 file at one instance..:wacko:

i.e say i am copying 100 mp3 from 7 subfolders...Its like copyin each mp3 at a time.. I couldnt find anyoption where i could transfer multiple files.. :ermm:

Besides i am getting nearly 1/3rd of my normal speed so i doubt that there some problem with my config ;)

masterbat
11-06-2007, 07:27 PM
wtf ?? am i ignored ?? lol

can somebody quote that post for me .. so that he can see it

albatrossSKYER
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
open more than one connection. i had to use 4 connections to max out my 800k down at my house.
i.e. open more than one flashfxps

Saroman
11-06-2007, 07:44 PM
^^^
oh thanxx..din think of that :P

Fixing ftp server rite now..!! will try it once its done..:D

i seriosly wish it works...;)

Zeus
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Thats what I was telling you to do. guess you misunderstood my post :) It does work quite well. Last slow server I had generally required about 8 flash fxps going at once to get my max speed.

Saroman
11-06-2007, 07:55 PM
lol..yeah i must have misunderstood it ;)

Btw..FlashFXP is best rite.. i mean even with Cuteftp i was fluctuating at around 80..but Flash gave 90

puckface
11-06-2007, 08:01 PM
you need to install an ftp server on your seedbox.

that solves it all. I dont know if your seedbox is windows or linux, so thats all i can say.

albatrossSKYER
11-06-2007, 08:10 PM
lol..yeah i must have misunderstood it ;)

Btw..FlashFXP is best rite.. i mean even with Cuteftp i was fluctuating at around 80..but Flash gave 90

ya i love flashfxp i would surely use that:D

rvt
11-06-2007, 08:46 PM
If you move your files into a web accessable folder, you can download them over HTTP instead. HTTP has the advantage in that it can use multiple threads to download different pieces simultaneously, so if one thread is running a bit slow others can pick up the slack.

Using a download manager and setting the number of threads to 4 or 8 should get you a good speed.

Saroman
11-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Kinda not familiar with web accessable folder concept :unsure:

How can i create that ? And how can i config it to access from my home pc..

puckface
11-06-2007, 09:17 PM
man you guys are making it way more complicated than it has to be.

Saroman
11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Problem Solved fellas... :D:D

What i did was STOPPED using FlashFXP. Open FTP in FF and then downloaded through IDM, and I am gettin full speeds :P

Heres a screenie

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3996/66272678de1.th.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=66272678de1.jpg)

Thank you everyone for ur support and inputs :)
FST rocks :D

weenden
11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
sounds to me like you dont have your seedbox's firewall open just add the ports needed but you need to log onto the boxes terminal go to firewall and add ports your using the utorrent port the ftp port ssh port easily done