PDA

View Full Version : Good Torrent Site and Speed Increase

bigdawgfoxx
11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow, I believe its been like 2 or 3 years since I have been on this forum...this is where I learned almost everything I know about computers.

I have always used torrentspy.com for torrents and it was AWESOME. However, now I can't use it because I'm in the U.S. What is a good site that is similiar to that? I've used torrentreactor some but it doesnt seem near as good.

Also, I live in a luxury student living place for college...its call the cambridge. Its like a dorm but a lot nicer and more amenities etc. Im sure all of the connections in the room are running through a router and its restricting my torrent speed to about 1Kb/s..anyone know anyway to speed that up?

civeta
11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Well a college connection will always be a piece of shit, not to bring you down or anything. But if you can somehow find a way to get a port open (which is really hard) then it MAY help you out. And you can always use the good ol' pirate bay. Or I can invite you to demonoid if you get your upload speed fixed =p

awoeonip
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
if you thought torrentspy was good, check out almost any private general tracker :) Even semi-private like demonoid is a step up...you should check it out, it should be easy to find an invite.

bigdawgfoxx
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah I always forwarded the port through my router at home and got kick ass speeds...I guess I'm just stuck...

Tokeman
11-05-2007, 09:42 PM
its not much, but PM me if you want a digitalhive invite. Its a general tracker.
For the speeds, try going into the client options, and set encryption to Forced. Also try changing your port to a new number, sometimes this helps.

desiKing
11-05-2007, 09:55 PM
tl is the best general 0day tracker with excellent speed and contents, very well seeded as well.

as for speed..........?

merwais
11-05-2007, 10:05 PM
ScT and TL is best !
their speed is very good also!

civeta
11-05-2007, 10:07 PM
TL would have been good if they didn't close up their invites. ScT might be a little harder to get =P

fOrUmAs
11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
ScT and TL is best !

lol i agree but there is so many great tracker out that you dont need sct or tl....i just hope to see more users on sct

bigdawgfoxx
11-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Idk...none of those seem as good as spytorrent. I loved that site. Thanks to the guy that told me about changing the ports and forcing the client thing. I cant find an option in bittornado for the client thing.

DKre8ive1
11-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Move over to Utorrent as I think its way better then bittornado and also uses a hell of alot less resources.

http://www.utorrent.com/

LomiCA
11-06-2007, 12:36 AM
ScT and TL is best !

lol i agree but there is so many great tracker out that you dont need sct or tl....i just hope to see more users on sct

hope it :frusty:

bigdawgfoxx
11-06-2007, 12:52 AM
is TL TorrentLeech.org? If so how do you join?

Polarbear
11-06-2007, 01:24 AM
is TL TorrentLeech.org? If so how do you join?

torrentleech, right. it's a very good tracker for all kind of scene releases, movies, tv etc.

it has fast download speeds and is very easy to seed back even if you are on a slow connection.

unfortunately they closed their invites a few days ago, so the only way to join at the moment is to pay money.

i suggest you take a look around some trackers that have open signups and wait for tl to open their invites again.

bigdawgfoxx
11-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Hell, Its well worth the money for a good site, IF I could download fast and take advantage of it, but getting only 1Kb/s right now that doesn't sound reasonable. Also, with a tracker you have to pay money to use, it seems like there would be LESS available because members have to pay meaning less members...seems kinda weird.

I haven't found any trackers near as nice as torrentspy.com though really. It always had new music, games, movies, etc.

Polarbear
11-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Hell, Its well worth the money for a good site, IF I could download fast and take advantage of it, but getting only 1Kb/s right now that doesn't sound reasonable. Also, with a tracker you have to pay money to use, it seems like there would be LESS available because members have to pay meaning less members...seems kinda weird.

I haven't found any trackers near as nice as torrentspy.com though really. It always had new music, games, movies, etc.

torrentspy is not a tracker, but more a search engine for public trackers.
i would strongly recommend not to use public trackers.
if you want to do so, use the piratebay.

btw don't worry tl has enough members.

bigdawgfoxx
11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Well I never had any problems using torrentspy. I would buy a membership to tl, but with 1kb/s downloads its just not worth it i guess.

masterbat
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
how about http://btjunkie.org/ .. its an indexing site like torrentspy .. :D

jam0980tr
11-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I say mininova,demonoid,torrentreactor,thepiratebay.... are similiar to that. :)

maximusas
11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi, I'm new to bittorrent downloads. I have installed bitcomet and utorrent on my pc, but can't get speeds faster than 50-60 kbs. I keep hearing stories of super fast speeds but have yet to experience it. I don't see where the problem is because if I download, say a file from microsoft download centre, I can get speeds up to 1200 kbs. Any pointers on how to increase my speeds or good sites to go to? I currently use btjunkie and mininova on torrentpond for my downloads.

Thanks in advance