PDA

View Full Version : do you smoke from a hookah?

snowultra
11-06-2007, 12:13 AM
well it worse then cigerettes, but so worth it.

Hookahs are worse for you, because not only does the smoke have the same amount of chemicals and nicotine, but those who smoke it are likely to smoke much more -- up to the equivalent of 400 cigarettes in one night. Good grief!

LaPistola
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Theres a hookah bar near my house and sometimes I sneak a Gram of potswa in and mix it in with the tobacco...I know, I'm sneaky:naughty:

Something Else
11-06-2007, 12:45 AM
only once or twice....

Totti
11-06-2007, 01:14 AM
hooka is very popular in Israel everybody smokes here but it actually safer then cigarettes because of the water filter......

Hairbautt
11-06-2007, 01:29 AM
No.

kaffeine
11-06-2007, 02:14 AM
I have 4 (bought 3 of them in Israel and the other one in Egypt) and I smoke like 3 times a week (mostly double apple flavor)

Defy
11-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I used to own a hookah and would smoke sheesha from time to time with friends. However, I thought they used only pure tobacco, without any of the additives? Just flavor. It's being filtered through water as well, shouldn't that make a difference?

I just like the ungodly amount of thick smoke, lol. It's fun to play with and I've perfectly my O rings. :P

Biggles
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I have used one to smoke exotic herbs from far off lands many years ago. It worked rather well I vaguely recall :blink:

Tiraspol
11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Omgz...no way! =) The cheap way of getting high always works.!

WeeMouse
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Is that not just a shisha pipe? Smoke them in Egypt all the time when I'm there, but only herbal fruits...We're going to bring a couple back home this time to...er...experiment:D

If anybody wants any shisha stuff give us a shout cos I'm going back to Egypt in January :)

BawA
11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Qalyoon.jpg/180px-Qalyoon.jpg
ITS CALLED Narjeela not hookah, hookah is in Urdu, actually its called in many words, Shisha is mostly used. its origin is from Persia and Arab countries not India.,
on topic yes i smoke it but once in a week and its not totally true that its worst then cigarette, in a way yes its worse because you're breathing higher amount of smoke but since its filtered through water its more clean so in short term its safer but long term its dangerous.
some sheeshas are very expensive but last very long, they usually cost around 12$ excluding tips and other expenses but since its Arab country there are thousands of Sheesha cafes and variety of prices, some are as cheap as 3$.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Sch%C3%A9ma_Shisha.svg/453px-Sch%C3%A9ma_Shisha.svg.png

BawA
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Is that not just a shisha pipe? Smoke them in Egypt all the time when I'm there, but only herbal fruits...We're going to bring a couple back home this time to...er...experiment:D

If anybody wants any shisha stuff give us a shout cos I'm going back to Egypt in January :)

Herbal Fruits :wacko:
sheesha is smoked with tobacco and Fruit flavorers on them, its called "Moassal" meaning honeyed .

WeeMouse
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Herbal Fruits :wacko:
sheesha is smoked with tobacco and Fruit flavorers on them, its called "Moassal" meaning honeyed .

Smarty. All know is that i used little cubes of fruit and made lots of smoke!

BawA
11-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Cubes of Fruits ?
just look at the Sheesha i posted, the top thing is called "Raas" meaning Head, they put the flavored tobacco in it and cover it with aluminum and put coils on it to produce smoke, those smokes are passed through the flavored tobacco to get flavored and then gets filtered when passed through water.

WeeMouse
11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Cubes of Fruits ?
just look at the Sheesha i posted, the top thing is called "Raas" meaning Head, they put the flavored tobacco in it and cover it with aluminum and put coils on it to produce smoke, those smokes are passed through the flavored tobacco to get flavored and then gets filtered when passed through water.

Yes.

but we have flavoured cube-like things that wasn't tobacco.

Don't confuse me with your technical words!

BawA
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
tell me something, you could see that cube thing? cuz those things are called coil, things below them are tobacco. trust me am smoking them since 14 and i tried every type of them, Sheeshas with ICE, with real fruits covered and lot other.

WeeMouse
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I Have no idea of the bits n bobs, but the ones i smoke in Egypt definately don't have tobacco. I know this cos my family got pally with the head waiter, who would sort out one without tobacco and showed my boyfriend how to set it up as i have bad asthma. He insisted i smoke it as it would clear my lungs.

Never done me any harm!

BawA
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM
then am afraid you've been smoking some other shit cuz sheesha without tobacco is not called sheesha.

tralalala
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes have smoked it a few times.. First time a few months back.. And to all the smart-asses that think the water filters the smoke and makes it somewhat "safer", then go fish.. It is way more dangerous for the simple reason that all the water does is cool the smoke down so it goes deeper into your lungs.. meaning it screws your lungs even more.. yup.

Apparently, smoking Nargila/Shisha/Hookah with people (smoke it alone - then you're a bored arse) makes you usually smoke the equivalent to 4 cigarettes (as in every inhale is like inhaling from 4 fags in 1 go).. And not 400 like the first poster claimed.

asa65
11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
no i dont

tralalala
11-08-2007, 03:00 PM
WeeMouse, you could go get some of those more decorative hookahs in Egypt next time you go.. Some are actually quite beautiful.

May I ask what drives you to go to Egypt every now and again? I've always wanted to visit.. But well, you know, being Israeli and all..

WeeMouse
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
WeeMouse, you could go get some of those more decorative hookahs in Egypt next time you go.. Some are actually quite beautiful.

May I ask what drives you to go to Egypt every now and again? I've always wanted to visit.. But well, you know, being Israeli and all..

Hey Tralalalalalalalalalaa

We just find Egypt a great place for a huge family holiday. My dad's in a wheelchair and i have toddler neices and nephews and we've found that in Egyptian resorts the staff go out of their way to make sure you're all enjoying yourselves y'know?

However, i was stopped by a huge Egyptian military type earlier this year and asked if i was Russian. Bearing in mind he had a huge frickin' gun i was very polite and told him that i was in fact from Scotland. When i told him this he laughed and said "HAHA Oh my Gosh SCOTTISH!!!! HAHAHAHA!"

Very rude but HE HAD A GUN!

BawA
11-08-2007, 05:16 PM
well scots are rare in Arabian lands so rarity always brings... hmmmm i cant find a word for it.
if you were to say you're British you would had passed without that, brats have been there all their life, nothing new.

tralalala
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Brats? Wrong choice of word... It's Brits/Britons.. We ain't brats :lol:

@WeeMouse - Come over to Israel one year.. You'll be amazed at the amount of soldiers walking about.. WITH GUNS!! :lol:

And you never cease to amuse me with that tralalalalalalalalala.. It is Rafi to be honest.. Would suspect you knew that after 4 years here :)

WeeMouse
11-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Brats? Wrong choice of word... It's Brits/Britons.. We ain't brats :lol:

@WeeMouse - Come over to Israel one year.. You'll be amazed at the amount of soldiers walking about.. WITH GUNS!! :lol:

And you never cease to amuse me with that tralalalalalalalalala.. It is Rafi to be honest.. Would suspect you knew that after 4 years here :)

I shall call you Tralalalala forevermore and you cannot stop me.

Would love to visit Israel one year. I think the Boyfriend is worried about me abusing men with guns and getting shot. The military man who laughed at me was about to get a mouse kick right in the shins before i remembered about the bloody gun.

BTW do you know how many Egytian men were AMAZED that me and my boyfriend were sharing a room, aren't married or planning to be and that my Dad, Brother and Brother-in-law were all ok with that?
I would love to visit Israel one year...i shall start dropping hints.

BawA
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
BTW do you know how many Egytian men were AMAZED that me and my boyfriend were sharing a room, aren't married or planning to be and that my Dad, Brother and Brother-in-law were all ok with that?
I would love to visit Israel one year...i shall start dropping hints.
cuz we still believe in marriage before sex, it is not that nobody does it but its a forbidden act. nvm anyway

ohh and rafi if am not mistaken there is a Israeli embassy in Egypt so if you're referring that you cant go there its not true, and lots of people are touring in SINA its only that Israelis are not welcomed there.

Stop with "WE" are not called Brats thing already; i got it, you were born there :lol:

dave12
11-09-2007, 10:02 AM
no but i want to try it for once

tralalala
11-09-2007, 10:24 AM
@WeeMouse - I'll be watching for them hints... :)

@Bawa - Look, I know I can go there, but the thing I meant was I am not welcomed there as much as I am anywhere else in the world.. Like the US or the UK for instance. I will go there some day, when shit cools down.

And yes it's "WE" because I am just as much British as I am Israeli.. I have a passport, and I lived there for a short period of time, and my whole family comes from over there.. (Course if you go back a few decades then you'll get to Eastern Europe like most Jews that originate from parts of Western Europe, but that's not the point).

Gripper
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Stop fucking talking about smoking you heartless bastards,I have not smoked for 4 days now :fist:

BawA
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM
And yes it's "WE" because I am just as much British as I am Israeli.. I have a passport, and I lived there for a short period of time, and my whole family comes from over there.. (Course if you go back a few decades then you'll get to Eastern Europe like most Jews that originate from parts of Western Europe, but that's not the point).

Duh, Rafi Israel is a state of migrates , if you take it the way you say then everybody is dual nationality and can attach a 2nd country to him/herself :mellow: which gives us scenarios, either Israel is multi deported nation or a multi colonial.

tralalala
11-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Every person in the world can have multiple nationalities.. In fact, I think most of us humans go back to somewhere in Africa... Like we are all Nigerians or Senegalese or something..

It's just the way things are.. The US is also a country made up of immigrants..

BawA
11-10-2007, 02:51 PM
hold on m8 your getting everything wrong...
they can have multiple citizenships not the nationality, having a passport doesn't mean your origin is from there, you have the rights of "passing" through that country and live without limitation.
US is not migrated State it was a British colonial before getting its independence, of course excluding Indians from the story.
And if you think it as a "humans go back to somewhere in Africa" then there shouldn't be any country and Earth should be called "Earth Republic" .
every country is made of its original people and migrants are called migrants, for example France. you can be called a part of nation when your born and lived in same country.
look at your neighbors Lebanon, lot of them have French passport but they dont call them self French all though they look like them.

tralalala
11-10-2007, 03:53 PM
They speak French.. Thing is how far back you are willing to go. Fact is I am considered just as much British as I am Israeli.. Reason being my whole family comes from Britain, yet I have grown up in Israel.. So what's the case here? You can't claim that I am 100% Israeli, nor can you claim I am 100% British.. Thing is with Jews it's a little more complicated as we are considered a people regardless of where we live. Therefor, a French Jew and an American Jew are both considered part of the same people.. Which is why if we go back thousands of years we were all united as one, and then were parted.. The same goes for all other religions.. Christianity, Islam, Buddhist.. People have received their nationality because they live in a place where they (are supposed to) share the same language, culture, beliefs, territory etc. with a bunch of other people in the same place.. Take Belgium for instance, they have 2 peoples in the same country, all with the same nationality, even though they share different cultures etc.. Things have changed over the years, and it isn't what it seems anymore..

Wow just re-read what I wrote and I'm finding it hard to understand anything :blink:

:lol: