PDA

View Full Version : So I've been thinking...

Skiz
11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
The WIAW thread is way out of whack.

If the topic is "What Invites Are Worth", then sites which have invites disabled for all users should be ranked "10", correct?

Black-cats, E****, Pisexy and several others have disabled invites indefinitely, so why should I not move their ranking to "10"?

Discuss.

civeta
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
That is very true. Maybe you should take into consideration changing the the topic to make it a little more general. I think the value of an invite should depend on the tracker rating too, not just the fact it's hard to get in. If another private 0day tracker only allowed 10 new users a month, but had the worst content, would you put it at rank 10? With the new sites that closed their invites, they maybe should be moved up a little, but definitely not rank 10.

greenwing
11-06-2007, 05:14 PM
maybe because they closed the signup and invitations indefinitely make it very hard to get account there, but that didnt mean to move them to lvl10 immediatly, because for example, black cats, there are 65,000 registered members, so most of the ppl already had thier account there, so the invite dont worth much. not like FTN, it has very less members than 65,000

ibnahmed
11-06-2007, 05:18 PM
because people trade accounts (easily in some trackers)

for example black-cats accounts are traded very easily
e**** accounts will be disabled

the second point which is related to account trading is the number of people who are willing to trade accounts in that certain tracker, the more users u have the bigger likelihood of traders exist there.

SiNa
11-06-2007, 05:18 PM
your correct. maybe you should change it to: "What Invites & Accounts Are Worth"

nbo
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
of course not, take black cats for an example:
last week they had open registrations for 24 hours, now take uk-t, whens the last time they
opened their registrations? also black cats has about 10 times more users than uk-t.
its rarity, see how many ppl have ftwr and how many ppl have pisexy and decide which is the rarest.
if pisexy doesnt allow registration for another 2 years, then yes, then it should fly up.

dcliffnotes
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
to me level 10 means rarity not difficulty to get in the tracker. if two trackers have closed invites, but one has 50k users and other has 5k users, then the trackers with 5k should be higher or a level 10. the other maybe like a 7 or an 8.

zedex
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
i think u are right skizo , u should move all of them to 10 and the maybe all those f#### will chill a little bit from their crazy ego trip

ibnahmed
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
your correct. maybe you should change it to: "What invites & accounts are worth"

that is a better way of saying it, thanks.

civeta
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
It's true that the rarity should play a part, but isn't the ratings within the description include the rarity already? And if a tracker closes its invites, doesn't that make the invites rare? I think a topic name change is the best thing to do right now. I don't know what to yet though :p.

GoLDeN
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
what r u pointing to skizo
the point of the wiaw thread is how hard to get in a tracker so if u joined throw a trading acc or invites that dosent matter for that the wiaw thread mus stay as it

melatonin
11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
i think we should invent some kind of mathematical formula like total users divided to that site's quality number or total torrents etc i dont know someone with more info on math can do it :)

ibnahmed
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
i think we should invent some kind of mathematical formula like total users divided to that site's quality number or total torrents etc i dont know someone with more info on math can do it :)

skizo will not agree with u, cuz he failed in math and wont be able to administer the WIAW or WIAAAW :D

civeta
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM

This sounds like a horrible idea. Haha. You can take into consideration the torrent stats, but definitely don't make it the key to how the site should be rated/ranked.

KSA
11-06-2007, 05:33 PM
to me level 10 means rarity not difficulty to get in the tracker. if two trackers have closed invites, but one has 50k users and other has 5k users, then the trackers with 5k should be higher or a level 10. the other maybe like a 7 or an 8.

Exactly :yup:, since the WIAW thread is stand for the rarity, then lvl 10 tracker should be always rare with only few members, otherwise it shouldn't be ranked as lvl 10 tracker.

bikernin
11-06-2007, 05:33 PM
my suggestion is if a tracker has disabled invites then it dosent make sense having it on "what invites are worth" list in the first place. we can prob add a small section on that page for : "currently disabled invites". as soon as they re-enable invites it can be considered for rating again depending on the rarity of invites of course.
the reason for this is that if a tracker on which almost everyone has an account temporarily disables invites..its still not rare and dosent deserve a level boost
another small suggestion is that trackers which do not have invites shouldnt be on the list at all. just rate them on content and no. of users
e.g - FL is a fantastic tracker w/o invites and certainly can do better than lvl. 2

SgtMajor
11-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Which is where it all falls down, because account trading is tied in to that thread, and is not only allowed here but encouraged, just read the whole thread and it soon becomes apparent it's not all about invites but how hard it is to obtain a certain tracker by hook or by crook, or by invite or account trading in other words.

So, either keep to the topic and remove account trading, and let it remain about the invites (which will of course make your point more valid about where trackers belong within that ranking), or just be open about things and make it the trading bible thread, and let things continue as they are (which I have no doubt is what will happen), however, there might become a time for a good debate on the future of that thread, including the title, and whether you incorporate rules that includes invite AND account trading here (and what is or isn't allowed ie expecting a paid for service such as a seedbox in return for invites etc - invite selling by the back door!)

Oh, insert smiley of choice here before people get upset and accuse me of having a go - again! :D

spark
11-06-2007, 05:41 PM
your correct. maybe you should change it to: "What Invites & Accounts Are Worth"

Be careful they almost kill me when I suggested it...

melatonin
11-06-2007, 05:54 PM
if pisexy goes to lvl10 i'll have to track and kill the guy scammed my pisexy account yesterday...

ZedZedZed
11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Perhaps the topic should be renamed to "What Invites/Accounts Are Worth"?
Because the WIAW thread is all about rarity :P

beat
11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Which is where it all falls down, because account trading is tied in to that thread, and is not only allowed here but encouraged, just read the whole thread and it soon becomes apparent it's not all about invites but how hard it is to obtain a certain tracker by hook or by crook, or by invite or account trading in other words.

So, either keep to the topic and remove account trading, and let it remain about the invites (which will of course make your point more valid about where trackers belong within that ranking), or just be open about things and make it the trading bible thread, and let things continue as they are (which I have no doubt is what will happen), however, there might become a time for a good debate on the future of that thread, including the title, and whether you incorporate rules that includes invite AND account trading here (and what is or isn't allowed ie expecting a paid for service such as a seedbox in return for invites etc - invite selling by the back door!)

Oh, insert smiley of choice here before people get upset and accuse me of having a go - again! :D

Excellent point. You got my total support on this one. It's about time account trading is banned.
To be honest I think there is no need for the WIAW thread at all now that we have a good substitute for it ( http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-worth-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742 ). And Skizo I don't mean to be rude but there's one thing I don't understand, you always care so much about security and how trading puts us all at risk (which I agree 100%), so how do you support this and even "feed" it. You seem like a wise guy, I don't mean to judge you at all, I just had to sort this out.

P.S: Oh, almost forgot the smiley of forgiveness - :D

Skiz
11-06-2007, 06:54 PM
maybe because they closed the signup and invitations indefinitely make it very hard to get account there, but that didnt mean to move them to lvl10 immediatly, because for example, black cats, there are 65,000 registered members, so most of the ppl already had thier account there, so the invite dont worth much. not like FTN, it has very less members than 65,000

That doesn't make invites any easier to obtain, as they don't exist.

Technically, it is easier to get an invite to FTN.

because people trade accounts (easily in some trackers)

for example black-cats accounts are traded very easily
e**** accounts will be disabled

the second point which is related to account trading is the number of people who are willing to trade accounts in that certain tracker, the more users u have the bigger likelihood of traders exist there.

This isn't about account trades. Again, the title of the thread is "What Invites Are Worth".

Mayhem
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
so change it to something like DTR: Desired Trackers Ratings, to better represent the actual level significance.

Peter North
11-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Its not a bad idea, like some one said up there "...accīs easily are trade", true, but think, wend Uk-tīs and rabbit disable accīs for trading, the ones that close the invites now, a few months ago were open for signups.
The ones that close invites, are not has worthy has the ones that are level 10.
So if you lost a BCG, doesnīt makes you :cry:...
Instead if you lose a Uk acc, but that is all about the Admin of the trackers.

Skiz
11-06-2007, 07:04 PM

How do we encourage account trading? :huh:

Perhaps the topic should be renamed to "What Invites/Accounts Are Worth"?
Because the WIAW thread is all about rarity :P

Yes, invite rarity.

greenwing
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM

yea i know, but there is over 65,000 account over there for Black cats, and am sure they r not for 65,000 person, each one has 2 or 3 maybe, so they will start trading them especially that BCG dont disable account when someone change the email, so it will be account trading instead of invite. so it is not good idea to move it to lvl10, maybe 1 lvl up or 2 is enough. anyway this is my opinion :D

Skiz
11-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Excellent point. You got my total support on this one. It's about time account trading is banned.
To be honest I think there is no need for the WIAW thread at all now that we have a good substitute for it ( http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-worth-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742 ). And Skizo I don't mean to be rude but there's one thing I don't understand, you always care so much about security and how trading puts us all at risk (which I agree 100%), so how do you support this and even "feed" it. You seem like a wise guy, I don't mean to judge you at all, I just had to sort this out.

P.S: Oh, almost forgot the smiley of forgiveness - :D

Account trading isn't going to be banned. Hearing incessant recommendations for such is just annoying. Tracker staff members have all been given the option to have account trading banned for their particular trackers and the offer is always on the table. The ones who have not requested it, I must assume just don't care about it. It really is that simple.

As for the security question, rating an invites rarity doesn't breach any sort of security barrier. :huh:

What members do with their invites is their own choice and I can't do anything about it.

I am also not going to be the WIAW thread holder for long. I'm looking to turn it over to another member who is responsible enough to care for it properly. If I can't find anyone in a month or so, I'll probably abandon it almost completely.

The information contained in it is useful, but I can't be arsed to fuck it on a full time basis.

Nestea
11-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Because it's not worth.

Skiz
11-06-2007, 07:19 PM

yea i know, but there is over 65,000 account over there for Black cats, and am sure they r not for 65,000 person, each one has 2 or 3 maybe, so they will start trading them especially that BCG dont disable account when someone change the email, so it will be account trading instead of invite. so it is not good idea to move it to lvl10, maybe 1 lvl up or 2 is enough. anyway this is my opinion :D

If members take the thread out of context and consider the account to be "worth" more than another tracker, that's their deal. I'm just looking to rate the trackers invites and their rarity.

I really don't have any love for account traders or what they think of the system.

Defy
11-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Didn't Grind$oFine (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/grindofine-177599) create a thread awhile back about the rarity and levels FOR actual invites? I can't find it anywhere. :(

beat
11-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Ok Skizo, sorted. ;)

spark
11-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Didn't Grind$oFine (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/grindofine-177599) create a thread awhile back about the rarity and levels FOR actual invites? I can't find it anywhere. :(

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-wiaw-invite-system-style-241103

amirji
11-06-2007, 07:36 PM

If the topic is "What Invites Are Worth", then sites which have invites disabled for all users should be ranked "10", correct?

Black-cats, E****, Pisexy and several others have disabled invites indefinitely, so why should I not move their ranking to "10"?

Discuss.

TorrentLeech. :) They have disabled invites atm, and it seems for a while.

I think I asked about the same question a while back.

civeta
11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I believe you should simply move the sites that closed their invites up in the ranks little by little. They may open up their invites/registrations again so moving them straight up to level 10 would be absurd. Unless you know the plans of the trackers, you should assume for now that this invite closure is only short-term. Of course this may not be true, which is why time will tell how far they move up in the ranks.

pone44
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I think its all about what people want-content wise and want to know which site is more secure(private) if thats what people are concerned with? I dont trade or have any elite sites so i cant vouch for them but i do believe the thread is correct to my knowing. I cant find invites on certain tracks, others are easy.

mrnobody
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Discuss.

Even though the topic says, "What Invites Are Worth", the content has been based on rarity of invite+ account. And, thus as many FST users refer the WIAW thread has turned to be "traders bible" . So, in traditional way, no, blackcats or any other tracker which have invite disabled would not go lvl 10. Because, still there are plenty of account for trade. However, once invites are disabled i do think the tracker should have something next to them denoting that the invites are currently disabled.

On the other hand, if we were to follow word for word and focus only on Invites i think invite disabled tracker should be excluded from levels. Say, there could be "Currently Invites Disabled" and next to the tracker name we still can give their previous level...which i think will make more sense.

---

Also, i think there should be a requirement to get into WIAW thread. Say, a tracker must have xxxx # of users and/or yyyy # of torrents. Otherwise, people can create their own tracker, close signup + disable invites, and then possibly make a review by themself, wait till it gets to lvl 10, and then trade accounts themself. I know any tracker won't get into lvl 10 that easy but just an example.

P.S. just read the first post so sry if decision has already been made.

civeta
11-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't think the "Currently Invites Disabled" category should be implied, but it's a start. It might be smart to put that kind of special label on it, but not a whole section dedicated to that. I think a lot of people look at the WIAW list as a bible, as squirr3l said, and if there is no rank to the tracker they may find it worthless.

Grind$oFine
11-06-2007, 11:32 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-wiaw-invite-system-style-241103

I don't understand why this discussion was brought up...

I made a WIAW based on just invite systems... putting the closed sites at level 10, explaining they should be there for the exact reason you just said...

BCG invites are harder to get than FTN invites technically.
There's a huge discussion about this all there.
Including, a bunch of people disagree with my system,
and people asking to sticky the thread.
And YOU skizo saying no... with no explanation.

I don't mind that its not stickied, but why disapprove of it and then bring it up again here?

mrnobody
11-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Grind, i think he didn't like having two different WIAW...it would be quite a bit confusing if you ask...coz two different people would moderate it, plus different people would participate in two different and thus WIAW and lvl's would not be consistent. But,perhaps now he is thinking about making some changes in the original WIAW...which is good thing :)

raj3186
11-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Grind, i think he just wants to change the existing WIAW.
+1, Even i want to see some modifictions in the existing WIAW :)

Enlightened
11-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Not sure SWEDVDR should DESERVE to be at Level 8? They Banned all Non Swedish Ip's ay least the New ones and so old ones too.....

Still abunch of A$$holes as far as I am concern

Artemis
11-07-2007, 12:17 AM
So Skizo I think you might have found a contender for someone to look after the WIAW thread, grind$ofine has already put in a huge amount of (largely unthanked) effort into creating a more balanced thread, and certainly has an opinion on how the thread should be run, looks to me to be a candidate ?

Grind$oFine
11-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Grind, i think he didn't like having two different WIAW...it would be quite a bit confusing if you ask...coz two different people would moderate it, plus different people would participate in two different and thus WIAW and lvl's would not be consistent. But,perhaps now he is thinking about making some changes in the original WIAW...which is good thing :)

I agree with not stickying it and I realize the reason he wouldn't, but why make this new topic after my thread died down....

What I made was a more non-negotiable WIAW based on rarity of INVITES, I said I didn't want it to replace the WIAW because it was so much different, since obviously the WIAW contains accounts.... if Skizo wants to take out the account factor, then it's basically my version or it leads directly to what my version's purpose was.
And I just feel like it's kind of rude to change the WIAW into something that is the project I was working on and had support for... especially when Skizo could have said something like "that's a nice idea to put sites with invites disabled higher than sites that are rare but still have invites"... things could have been worked out..
But instead his only input was "No." in response to someone asking for a sticky and he didn't even answer why not.

I realize it wasn't going to get stickied along with the original WIAW, but if my idea seemed logical why not go through that to discuss it? and not start another thread like it was his big idea...

And Skizo, to answer your question, you shouldn't change it. "The WIAW is for traders and traders trade accounts." That is exactly what I was told about my levels.
However, if you want to see some levels based on invites you can go search and hopefully find my thread... just like other people who want that have been doing..

Fact of the matter is, you combine the two systems. You have to go one way or the other..
And both ways have been mapped out already... :idunno:

I also just want to point out that I don't mean any disrespect by my posts. I'm not trying to offend you or cause problems, I'm merely stating my opinion.

Not sure SWEDVDR should DESERVE to be at Level 8? They Banned all Non Swedish Ip's ay least the New ones and so old ones too.....

Still abunch of A$$holes as far as I am concern

On my list countries that have banned most/all foreign IPs are unlisted since their rarity is only relevant to people in those countries. Just FYI ;) :D

sugam
11-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Because getting blackcats or pisexy is mutch easier than getting e***** and even if you get them all the chances not to be disabled at e***** are quite low. Thats why its level should be on top, cause it is very hard to get there.
Lets take fo rexample BH - its closed, but there are many people trading their accounts succesfully. The chance to get one account are mutch better than geting e***** account and not so high like getting blackcats... Its about rarity...

p1r4t3
11-07-2007, 08:43 AM
more drama.

lets bring all trackers to level 1 and make individual polls on what their levels should be.
whichever number wins, allocate. Community choice, cant refuse and that way skizo , u ll have a lot less work to do.

the site is cluttering with threads that are not necessary anyway, why not allow threads that actually decrease ur work. LOL

good luck, staffing a forum is hard work. Seeing as its a thankless job, I ll thank u for the time u put into the forum.

civeta
11-07-2007, 08:52 AM
more drama.

lets bring all trackers to level 1 and make individual polls on what their levels should be.
whichever number wins, allocate. Community choice, cant refuse and that way skizo , u ll have a lot less work to do.

the site is cluttering with threads that are not necessary anyway, why not allow threads that actually decrease ur work. LOL

good luck, staffing a forum is hard work. Seeing as its a thankless job, I ll thank u for the time u put into the forum.

I don't think that would work. People would vote with such a bias as to which torrent they: 1) Like the most. 2) Have the most invites to. 3) Want to get more attention.

p1r4t3
11-07-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't think that would work. People would vote with such a bias as to which torrent they: 1) Like the most. 2) Have the most invites to. 3) Want to get more attention.

:ghey:

sugam
11-07-2007, 09:27 AM
more drama.

I like the idea. It will be hard work to make so many polls, but it has to be comunity choice indeed.

p1r4t3
11-09-2007, 03:58 AM
you just cant kill the current system skizo, U really CANNOT. :-P

pone44
11-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Think the thread is right security wise,as far as i know9which is not much @ all).:)

shazzar
11-09-2007, 07:03 AM
community based poll wont really work as it will be biased. Grind was on the right lines of simplfying it into invites only trackers, as monitoring both invites and account trading requires somone to be monitoring the wiaw thread on a regular basis and make a few assumptions along the way.

Patriot foreve
11-09-2007, 07:14 AM
What's the point of that thread?

The WIAW have been having that name since it was first posted and it used to provide agreat source of info about trackers along with their availability whether accs or invites and it has been widely known and famous with that name but now after like 1.5-2 years you just remembered that the name isn't suitable ,TBH this is ridiculous

if you wanna thread where TL&FL is lvl 10 then why don't you use Grind$one which has that and add it to the current What Trackers are Worth thread in the main section but in WIAW you are discussing availablity so putting FL in lvl 10 because it have no invites is pure stupidity for the WIAW because 1 of many WIAW purposes is to reflect the current market status and even if u moved FTN to lvl 1 or BCG to lvl 10 ,it won't change the facts that BCG can be easily got than FTN although both don't have invite system

btw move Czone to lvl 1 ,it's open signups

sense
11-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Why not just get rid of the levels completely? Just keep the trackers + their reviews. Basically let the market dictate their level (worth).

Going by the current system if someone wants to trade a level 10 for a 5 so be it. Without the levels the users would themselves decide what they want for it or what it is worth to them.