PDA

View Full Version : This board breeds assholes

furip2k
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
My rant:
Before coming to FST, I enjoyed a beautiful life filled with many trackers that I obtained via friends. Got everywhere free. I never had the desire to hoard unwanted trackers.

After coming to FST, I feel the desire to save a bunch of trackers I don't want because they are now a bloody currency. I noticed that normal people now use the WIAW thread on their friends. You meet someone online, and talk about TV, say you want a Bitmetv invite, they are like... well no, you aren't a level 6 friend yet.

The whole torrent community has been changed from a friendly bunch to hoarding traders. Nice work everyone.

Necronomicon
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I am crying...It is such a shame...

LinkS v2.0
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
wiaw is where the downfall started
thanks patrotforeve

Mayhem
11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
hmm, you are mistaken, although the WIAW is here, it doesn't mean that all the traders are here. Trading torrent trackers is a global disease. Trackers are being sold all over the net. However, there are also lots of great people out there still (just have a peek @ the invites section and see how many giveaways there are).
BTW if my friend would have told me your are not lvl 6 i would kick him in the nuttz and confiscate his PC.

Saroman
11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree on that issue..

Even though ppl dont use everything , they keep it so that it can be traded off for something else... IMO one should keep only things that we use..!!

@Links :- WIAW was a guideline , it was like a search or database in which we can find which trackers are helpful to us. Well thats diff thing that now its like a currency chart. But its initial aim was to help users knowing trackers in better way..!!

mrnobody
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
furip2k (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/furip2k-182012), there always will be people who will look down upon others (ex. you aren't a level 6 friend yet) and/or want something in return (trade). I agree, this board indeed is collection of bunch of those kind of people. But you are forgetting that there are always both sides of coin. And thus there is other bunch of people who don't look down upon people neither except anything in return.

I myself have seen it. Before i joined FST, i had 1-6 lvl tracker (i hate to rank tracker as lvl but that's how it is here n now i am used to it). But now, i have made upto where i wanted to be (lvl 9 specifically). I think this is a great place to make friends, help and get helped and that is how i go where i got to lvl 9...i knew these two noble men from other tracker but through FST n only FST they knew me better or we found each other.

But then it depends on ur prespecitive. Try to enjoy in here, but if can't feel free to leave.

Artemis
11-06-2007, 10:14 PM
The honest thing to do if you are not using a tracker or it does not suit you for whatever reason is to delete the a/c (delacct.php) . It is the traded a/c's which put the private bt community at risk, these get passed from hand to hand and who knows when or if they end up in the hands of an RIAA/MPAA representative. This is why some trackers are so strict on IP change, the minute it changes to another range the a/c is disabled. If you don't use it delete it !

Skiz
11-06-2007, 10:27 PM
My rant:
Before coming to FST, I enjoyed a beautiful life filled with many trackers that I obtained via friends. Got everywhere free. I never had the desire to hoard unwanted trackers.

After coming to FST, I feel the desire to save a bunch of trackers I don't want because they are now a bloody currency. I noticed that normal people now use the WIAW thread on their friends. You meet someone online, and talk about TV, say you want a Bitmetv invite, they are like... well no, you aren't a level 6 friend yet.

The whole torrent community has been changed from a friendly bunch to hoarding traders. Nice work everyone.

Ditch bittorrent altogether and repent. (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/)

furip2k
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Leaving FST doesn't change anything. This place has infected the whole torrent community. You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.

Mayhem
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
My rant:

Ditch bittorrent altogether and repent. (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/)

And pay :sick:.
All should be free, power to the people :01:

Skiz
11-06-2007, 10:33 PM

And pay :sick:.
All should be free, power to the people :01:

Or get it for free (http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm) through your ISP.

Mayhem
11-06-2007, 10:40 PM
well yeah i guess it can work for some people with decent isps; and if so it can be really awesome, but you weren't acquainted with my ISP that has no groups with content and retention of a doorknob :P.

psxcite
11-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Bah. You pay a monthly internet bill, don't you? What's $10-15 a month more? The only thing about newsgroups I don't like is people won't share like they do with a tracker. You can still have the great community (like binaryinvasion.com) but you end up with just a few dedicated individuals that upload.

And to be honest, I like having a variety of different avenues to pursuit in filesharing. Even back in the BBS days, I still liked attending copy parties and trading floppies via mail.

Vercors
11-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Leaving FST doesn't change anything. This place has infected the whole torrent community. You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.

The real problem is human nature, not FST

rvt
11-07-2007, 01:11 AM
You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.

This is what led to the WIAW thread in the first place.
What can I get from others?

You also complain about people rating their friends by WIAW levels, yet you are doing exactly the same. If they can't give you a level x then they aint worth anything.

Nobody likes the sort of friend who is only there while they are buying the drinks. Nobody likes the sort of friend who is only there to ask for invites.

jjmaden
11-07-2007, 01:21 AM
On the flip side there are generous people on here as well. My first day here someone offered me an invite along with an answer to a question. Didn't know me or ask anything in return. Now I'm just waiting 30 days to add to his rep in the invite section ;)

GreenDestiny
11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Bah. You pay a monthly internet bill, don't you? What's $10-15 a month more? The only thing about newsgroups I don't like is people won't share like they do with a tracker. You can still have the great community (like binaryinvasion.com) but you end up with just a few dedicated individuals that upload.

And to be honest, I like having a variety of different avenues to pursuit in filesharing. Even back in the BBS days, I still liked attending copy parties and trading floppies via mail.

And here I thought my FTP servers were hardcore :(

rapesauce10
11-07-2007, 02:18 AM
My rant:

You just hit the fucking nail on the head, bravo :D

Cheffy
11-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Well that kinda depends on what you are trying to get out of your stay here at FST. I only use this as a source of information. I am not trying to engage in friendships with people only to ask them for a invite in a couple of months. Becouse lets face it. Then you are the one doing something wrong.
To be frank the only invites i got form this place have been to overhyped sites that died out in a few months anyway.
But this is a wonderful source of information for almost all trackers.
That bing said there are a lot of nice people here, But there are also a lot of people only after invites. If you were so stupid to mention that you had access to "insert rare tracker here" in a thread you bound to get like 5 PMs within the next few hours from people that are looking for "friendship"..

Shadowfire
11-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Without the What Friends are Worth thread, how would you know which friends you need to keep for trading favors? Friend rarity isn't created equal :unsure:

GreenDestiny
11-07-2007, 02:37 AM
befriending someone for the sole purpose of benefiting from them is quite low. Though I'm sure their motivation for friendship would look pretty apparent right at the uptake to any1 with a brain.

It is unfortunate that the current system runs on social engineering. What does the ability to sweet talk ones way around forums have to do with ones ability to seed generously? Being an former forum adict once I can say, there is life outside of MMORPG and Online Forums.

Invites seem like nothing more than a popularity contest for forum members.

In the end it's the trackers lost when socialites are invited instead of great seeders.

TheFoX
11-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Do you know what? There are some genuine people in this place we call FST!

Take the guy that offered me an OiNK invite, out of the blue, because someone had offered him an invite to another community, and he was in a good mood.

Take the guys that contribute in a positive manner to this place, and as a reward for their maturity, are respected members at a number of torrent sites.

While there may be the 'grabit' merchants, there are a fair few genuine people here who don't want, want, want...

Yes, I have received begging PMs for invites, but I ignore them. We all get them on occasion. What makes this place special is that for each rotten apple, there is a wholesome apple. Judge not all members by the few who ruin it. If you do, then you would be stereotyping FST members.

Also remember that the glass is not half empty, but half full. It may take a bit of effort, but there are potential friends here, who will help you without an ulterior motive.

As for the WIAW thread, it does generate some negative vibes, but even without it, an invite at one of the rare trackers would still be rare, regardless, and everyone would be wise to the fact (especially this lot)...

11-07-2007, 02:45 AM
lol Shadowfire

wiaw is where the downfall started
thanks patrotforeve

Indeed, but don't forget about syD (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/syd-114513). He was the one who created the thread in the very beginning, Buggy and Patriot just took over after he retired. Of course, they're all responsible for ruining the bittorrent community.

It's sad that now whenever someone discovers the world of torrenting, they soon become invite traders, and it's all because of sites like this that basically encourage them.

furip2k
11-07-2007, 03:18 AM
i have to clarify something here
actually i really dont, i think some people are just stupid around here
i didn't become friends with a guy in order to get an invite, how would i know in 6 months time id want an invite from him? im not sure how someone could think i talked to someone for 6 months for the sole purpose of obtaining an invite.
also, i did not say have a friend buy you drinks repeatedly. it is a simple test one time to see if a person is a quality friend. if they aren't willing to spare $2 once in their life for you, are they a real friend?
point is, lets say you had a lifelong friend, and he wouldn't give you an ftn invite because he wanted to potentially trade it at fst. this example is a bit extreme but it gets the point across. no im sorry, i know we have been friends for 20 years now, you are my daughter's godfather, and you saved my life, but i want to trade my ftn invite for fsc to make my epenis bigger.

Ænima
11-07-2007, 03:21 AM
No, it doesn't... maybe it just bred you; but that's not my problem, it's yours. Ist mir wurst.

i didn't become friends with a guy in order to get an invite, how would i know in 6 months time id want an invite from him? im not sure how someone could think i talked to someone for 6 months for the sole purpose of obtaining an invite.
also, i did not say have a friend buy you drinks repeatedly. it is a simple test one time to see if a person is a quality friend. if they aren't willing to spare $2 once in their life for you, are they a real friend?
point is, lets say you had a lifelong friend, and he wouldn't give you an ftn invite because he wanted to potentially trade it at fst. this example is a bit extreme but it gets the point across. no im sorry, i know we have been friends for 20 years now, you are my daughter's godfather, and you saved my life, but i want to trade my ftn invite for fsc to make my epenis bigger.

Erm... welcome to the shallowness that is the intarwebz, I guess. Yeesh... I think some one needs some daylight. I mean that in the most humble and compassionate way possible. Then again, you can't trust anything I say, can you? Oh well...

Detale
11-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Dude if you dont like it here feel free to leave! I mean it we can disable your acct easily just say the word I would love to help you on your way. If there is something you don't like here TRY AND CHANGE IT! Don't just sit there and bitch about it, that does nothing but annoy people. OK I am a mod here and even I don't completely agree with 100% of all FST policies, but do you hear me complaining? No instead I try and help members and staffers alike. No need for name calling and badmouthing it here. Sure there are stupid people here, and what there are no other stupid people anywhere else in the world?? Gues what there are stupid people everywhere. Including one starting this thread. What do you hope to accomplish by posting this? If it bothers you so much GTFO!

@ Fox I think you are a very wholesome apple

Skiz
11-07-2007, 04:03 AM
Without the What Friends are Worth thread, how would you know which friends you need to keep for trading favors? Friend rarity isn't created equal :unsure:

:sage:

Ænima
11-07-2007, 04:22 AM
:sage: Is that supposed to be an emoticon :blink:

furip2k
11-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Dude if you dont like it here feel free to leave! I mean it we can disable your acct easily just say the word I would love to help you on your way. If there is something you don't like here TRY AND CHANGE IT! Don't just sit there and bitch about it, that does nothing but annoy people. OK I am a mod here and even I don't completely agree with 100% of all FST policies, but do you hear me complaining? No instead I try and help members and staffers alike. No need for name calling and badmouthing it here. Sure there are stupid people here, and what there are no other stupid people anywhere else in the world?? Gues what there are stupid people everywhere. Including one starting this thread. What do you hope to accomplish by posting this? If it bothers you so much GTFO!

@ Fox I think you are a very wholesome apple
you're an asshole for a mod. seriously though, reread your post. is that something a mod would say? i bet you are going to warn me or something for saying this, but a little kindness there man... and i already addressed everything you said. i said it was just a rant and you flip out and act like i endangered your family. chill. is this the first post ever to bitch about WIAW and the community? no.

Cheffy
11-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Æmima, just google: Sage definition.

I had to do it a few days ago :p

Detale
11-07-2007, 06:28 AM
you're an asshole for a mod. seriously though, reread your post. is that something a mod would say? i bet you are going to warn me or something for saying this, but a little kindness there man... and i already addressed everything you said. i said it was just a rant and you flip out and act like i endangered your family. chill. is this the first post ever to bitch about WIAW and the community? no.
No I'm not going to warn or ban you for your opinion. I will however tell you to watch the language. As you are new here I will let these things go...to a point. Look although you are not endangering my family you ARE insulting my FST family. I have grown to love this place. What did I say that didn't sound like a mod, and what should your version of a mod sound like? You come here and post this hatred with a measly 18 posts and you know how this whole board works? Thats arrogant, ignorant, and just plain rude! You talk about this place infecting the BT community. In some circles Traders and Acct giveaways ruin the community ie.

bitmetv account, pisexy account, iplay account all for trade
*i dont want any torrent sites* though so if you have something neat to trade, pm me

I did give you A warning PM for the IPlay acct trade instead of giving you and infraction figuring you were new, Guess I was being an a55hole there?

Now You say the site made you want to hoard unwanted trackers, well I hate to break it to you but that is YOUR shortcoming not the fault of FST. That is immature to say the least.I assure you NO ONE uses the WIAW thread against their friends, *If he uses it against you-HE AIN'T YOUR FRIEND* I suggest you try an attitude change and make some real friends here.
Apparently you missed the point of that thread you are not rating the "friend" you are rating the Tracker.

You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.

Again you are talking without experience here You have been a member here for just over 1 month so how do you know what people do here after being friends for a few months?? Are you someone who was banned and now you're back? Otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about. Now what kind of friend would you be if the only reason you would be friend is for some bull5hit test?

Its extremely irresponsible to try and blame a place for your lack of sensibility and respect for trackers rules. If everyone was compelled to now hoard and trade after reading a thread I would say you had a point, but there a a vast number of people here who do not trade and enjoy the WIAW thread, Sure it pisses some people off, but you can't always make everyone happy.

Why don't you try to grow up a bit and take some responsibility for your own damn actions instead of blaming my beloved FST:fst:

sleepyy
11-07-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm similar i keep a variety of different sites i use offten there is two which i don't and think that are crap i am just waiting for the accounts to go inactive but speeds are good i also keep a vast list of site just incase a few shut down then i have another to go too but i allways use my favourites over the ones i keep spare.

I never go by any rank system i don't like them i see a torrent site as being greater than the rest if it has lots of files and great speed not by how exclusive the site is which i think personaly is stupid. exclusivity does not necessarily mean security or quality.

sokrates
11-07-2007, 08:58 AM
rofl. luckily i havent become an asshole yet..
but perhaps giving away oink invites to some noobs doesnt count, bc you got a lot of them^^

sleepyy
11-07-2007, 09:26 AM
What's the WIAW thread

iNSOMNiA
11-07-2007, 10:15 AM
What's the WIAW thread
Listen to the Lady:

Without the What Friends are Worth thread, how would you know which friends you need to keep for trading favors? Friend rarity isn't created equal :unsure: :happy:

It is unfortunate that the current system runs on social engineering. What does the ability to sweet talk ones way around forums have to do with ones ability to seed generously? Being an former forum adict once I can say, there is life outside of MMORPG and Online Forums.
Invites seem like nothing more than a popularity contest for forum members.
In the end it's the trackers lost when socialites are invited instead of great seeders. Agree, It's becoming worst than MySpace and WOW all together :lol:

kirktrix
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM
WIAW thread really affects new members here especially those who are also new in Torrent world... but when you started get some high level trackers level 4 and up and become more mature in torrents.. You will realize that you are following the wrong road....
One advice to all new here: Try to read some threads here " Not the WIAW ":P... and You will know what are the best,great and good trackers...:D

Follow up...

I myself become a victim of WIAW when i am new here... but i do not blame FST or the WIAW.. Instead I learned from my mistake and now i am happy in what i have got...:)

aysomc
11-07-2007, 11:42 AM
cry me a motherfkn river. go talk to dr. phil if you wanna piss and moan about some nonsense bs.

Something Else
11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Of course FST breeds arseholes....I thought it was designed for that purpose ?

game1283
11-07-2007, 12:07 PM
If I can access news group for free(my ISP in our country does not offer), I'd go for it.. but about trackers, I'm happy that I have what wanted now :)

JA
11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
cry me a motherfkn river. go talk to dr. phil if you wanna piss and moan about some nonsense bs.
:unsure:

Artemis
11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
yeah I was thinking the same thing, aysomc's happy pills seem to have worn off for the time being ? or someone has nicked his bicycle :lol:

sleepyy
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I still don't get it Wheres the wiaw Thread listen to the lady?? no threads here start with W or l

kirktrix
11-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I still don't get it Wheres the wiaw Thread listen to the lady?? no threads here start with W or l

Sticked In the BitTorrent Invites Section..:)

TheFoX
11-07-2007, 01:39 PM
People are going on about how the WIAW thread is affecting trades/swaps/giveaways etc., but no one has looked at the positive side of the WIAW thread, and that is that rarity often means that those who have accounts will look after them.

After all, if you know that a resource is limited, you don't squander it. How many people have lost an account, then kicked themselves because they discover it is not that easy to rejoin?

At least the positive side of WIAW is that no one can complain they didn't know the value of their membership.

Detale
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
What Invites are Worth [With Reviews and Ratings] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446)

SgtMajor
11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Of course FST breeds arseholes....I thought it was designed for that purpose ?

That's why I joined, I feel right at home here! :D

dbmp
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
We all do! :)

mooSa
11-07-2007, 06:15 PM
you need to understand the concepts of life. it is nature and people are bred in their own way, influenced by different people and cultures. For someone to be a trader are just concerned for their own good. WIAW is just a simple classification that helps people. Those are trading and selling are alrdy like that from the first place. The forum doesnt breed assholes, they are born. Plus there are many kind people out there that are giving. BUt remeber people always give and want somthing in return.. not all but most

Nestea
11-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Why did you come here then? You surely knew it was a trading forum...So?

Night0wl
11-07-2007, 07:13 PM
It's not a trading forum. It has an invite section where trading of most account and invites are allowed. I've been here a while now and haven't made a single trade. If it was only a trading forum, would I be hanging around?

Defy
11-07-2007, 07:19 PM
If people treat the WIAW thread as their bible, then that's there prerogative. But not everyone is an asshole, and in fact that's quite a broad and bold statement to make. This board MAY contain some very selfish and greedy people, but there are some of the NICEST people here too that do nothing but share with others.

I'm thinking, furip2k (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/furip2k-182012), that you're just bitter because people aren't handing out invites on a golden platter. Whereas I do agree with you in the fact that if you make a "friend" and they (for example) compare your friendship to what level of a tracker it's worth, then no, they aren't a very good mate and you're most likely hanging with the wrong crowd. Then again your attitude (as seen in this thread) leads me to believe that you take no notice of the GOOD things people do here for each other, and you only focus on what you or others aren't getting. :mellow:

Artemis
11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Actually TheFox I had never thought of the thread from your point of view, i.e. the relative value of the a/c's meaning that users take more care, I have often wondered why THS asked to be removed completely yet other sites ( I am referring to the ones that wish to remain private) had allowed themselves to be valued in this way. So thank you this point of view puts a different perspective on the relative values in the WIAW thread.
I suppose the WIAW thread was going to be created at some point and really I am glad it is here where at least some sanity prevails rather than the hardcore trade forums like realpoor & zeropaid. It was going to be a reality and at least here there is an attempt at balance and it is maintained regularly.