PDA

View Full Version : Typical Movie Klichées

miffo
07-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Don´t know if its spelled right (klichée is it?) but anyway

what do u love/hate when they do something in a movie that u cannot do in reality
or something like that

my favourite

every computer is operated by the keyboard

"zoom in on grid 12" - klicketyklickklick

yeah right!

3rd gen noob
07-16-2003, 12:46 PM
when the "good guy" manages to dodge all the "bad guy's" bullets, even though there are about 50 of them with automatic weapons, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons...

p.s. it's cliché, by the way

-Archwolf-
07-16-2003, 01:22 PM
good guys never die

-Archwolf-
07-16-2003, 01:26 PM
sorry 3rd gen noob kinda stepped one your point, didn't read it

3rd gen noob
07-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Archwolf-@16 July 2003 - 14:26
sorry 3rd gen noob kinda stepped one your point, didn't read it
np, at least someone else is annoyed :P

Guillaume
07-16-2003, 01:42 PM
When the hero is tied up in the villain's basement/secret lair/wherever... There's always something to cut the ropes that the villain was too stupid to find ( damn, even the evil genius type of villains! ): broken glass, a shelf with a cuuting edge and so on...

God I hate happy endings too!

MetroStars
07-16-2003, 02:01 PM
The good guy is always handsome... would it kill Hollywood 2 make an ugly hero..

-Archwolf-
07-16-2003, 02:12 PM
MetroStars Posted on 16 July 2003 - 16:01

The good guy is always handsome... would it kill Hollywood 2 make an ugly hero..

well that guy from spiderman wasn't the prettiest of the class :D

Miyake
07-16-2003, 02:18 PM
when the bad guy has a gun pointed at the heros head and insted of blowing the Muther away he explains all his plays and the hero escapes and kills the bad guy in the end <_<

im like for fcuks sake SHHOOOOOT HIM&#33;

jakobako
07-16-2003, 02:26 PM
the hero is about to die/the hero&#39;s girlfriend dies/the hero&#39;s dad dies/the hero&#39;s house burns down/the hero&#39;s cat dies/the hero&#39;s library books are overdue/when the hero&#39;s milk is past its sell-by date

*beep beep bepp

oh it was only a dream

MetroStars
07-16-2003, 02:32 PM
The hero can always take a huge amount of pain... I mean like on Die Hard 3 when Bruce sort of falls from the bridge attempting 2 get on the ship.. the pain from that would have bin unreal...

3rd gen noob
07-16-2003, 02:35 PM
the good guy also has a seemingly limitless supply of ammunition and weapons.
like they fire hundreds of shots from one gun without changing magazines.

asmithz
07-16-2003, 02:37 PM
good guys never die

when the "good guy" manages to dodge all the "bad guy&#39;s" bullets, even though there are about 50 of them with automatic weapons, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons...

Hey Tranity on Matrix Reload almost died and 50 bullets were coming at her and she got hit by one.

asmithz
07-16-2003, 02:40 PM

Nasional Seurity Matain Loranz had to change his clip several times.

Also to bring matrix up again when Neo & Tranity went to the place where Agent Smith was they were wasting ammo, changing guns, and reloading all the time

3rd gen noob
07-16-2003, 03:05 PM
ok, there are a few
however, the vast majority are unrealistic

miffo
07-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@16 July 2003 - 12:46
when the "good guy" manages to dodge all the "bad guy&#39;s" bullets, even though there are about 50 of them with automatic weapons, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons...

p.s. it&#39;s cliché, by the way
thx i stand corrected

yeah and all the villains have like ak47´s holding them at the shoulder pointing as u should do not hitting the hero (if he is hit, like in the arm he can still lift his double bodyweight 2 mins later)

then some hero sidkick comes by shooting and hitting almost everyone holding the gun at the waist

coooome on

or when they decide to put the guns away and fight instead

btw i hate too the explaining the plot for 5 mins instead of shooting the hero directly

miffo
07-16-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@16 July 2003 - 14:35
even if they exchange clips they never run out of those

then people also can run from exploding handgrenades/bombs

plus the bomb ALLWAYS has a beeping timer on it so it´s real easy to find

another one,
little nerdy kids allways know their way around in complicated computer programs
take jurassic park 1 as an example

Ron
07-16-2003, 06:43 PM
almost everything involving computers.
If only reality was like that. LOL
No more BSOD then.
The y also never have to use the mouse to shut down a PC, do they?
What REALLY annoys me in some movies though, are the "love" scenes.
They are mostly soooo ireelevant to the story. And why do they always pull the sheets of the bed, when they get up?
Why do the good guys always run up a stairway when chased, knowing there&#39;s no exit up there?
How can they jump 100 ft and more with a car, you actually SEE it breaking in two, and yet, they still keep on driving?
Cops hide behind the doors of their cars when shot at. What do bad guys use? Plastic pellets? LOL.
Well, etc., etc.

miffo
07-16-2003, 06:46 PM
They sheet is allways shaped like an L after the love scenes
meaning the guys feet and legs is covered and the chick has it from her feet up to her shoulders

MetroStars
07-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Yes on movies they all ways have the best computer...

oh and have u ever noticed in movies when they go on the net , their internet works super fast and they always find what they r searching for in seconds..

toddiscool
07-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Mine is horror movies, I am so tired of selective flying, and appearing.

Take for example darkness falls - the chick can just appear in rooms that are closed off, then is stopped by someone closing a door.

Basically selective anything - selective shooting at the start of a move it show the guy shoot a beer can from three hundred yards, then cannot hit a guy at point blank.

Just be conistant.

miffo
07-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by MetroStars@16 July 2003 - 19:29
Yes on movies they all ways have the best computer...

oh and have u ever noticed in movies when they go on the net , their internet works super fast and they always find what they r searching for in seconds..
wonder what search engine they´re using :lol:

leonidas
07-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by miffo@16 July 2003 - 13:34
Don´t know if its spelled right (klichée is it?) but anyway

what do u love/hate when they do something in a movie that u cannot do in reality
or something like that

my favourite

every computer is operated by the keyboard

"zoom in on grid 12" - klicketyklickklick

yeah right&#33;
The correct spelling is "cliché"

jrday
07-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Maybe it&#39;s said already but, The hero always get shot in the arm or leg.
And when the bad guy is just about to shoot the hero.... a girlfriend or whatever shoots the bad guy.

Guillaume
07-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Not to forget: the sidekick/hero&#39;s best friend who gets invariably killed by the bad guy.

swarnel
07-17-2003, 02:30 PM
bad guys stall before killing good guy when captured (pisses me off so much)

Damnatory
07-17-2003, 04:15 PM
I can&#39;t believe no one has mentioned it, but:
I hate how all movies have some sort of love story in them.

BTW: Leonidas, your sig is too big.

AlucardXXVII
07-17-2003, 11:06 PM
In any kind of suspense or horror flick, when a person is in the bathroom using the sink, and she leans over and splashes water in her face, there is ALWAYS a person who appears behind her and she is startled to see that person in the mirror...and the music goes "kaboom" and everyone watching is supposed to jump.

Also, how does the villain in a horror flick always end up BEHIND the terrified chick? She sees something move in the corner of a dark room, looks like it came from under the bed. She goes to investigate by getting on her knees and peering under...HMM, nothing there...as she stands up and turns around BAM THERE THE MOTHER FUCKER IS AND LOOK SHE JUST GOT STABBED&#33;

Or, not really behind her, but in front of her...she just runs into the fucker when she is looking over her shoulder. Like this: OH SHIT OH SHIT HE&#39;S CHASING ME&#33; I JUST HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING BEHIND ME TO MAKE SURE HE DOESN&#39;T GET ANY CLOSER&#33; JUST A FEW MORE STEPS TO THE FRONT DOOR OF MY NEIGHBOR&#39;S HOUSE&#33; ALMOST THERE&#33; HELP&#33; HELP &#33; HEL- and there he is in front of her with a knife to her guts&#33;

forq2
07-18-2003, 04:46 AM
one that always bothers me kinda is like on Italian job he has the perfect software that all you have to do is go into a room with a camera and get a perfect 3d map of it and he presses a few keys and can find distance from any spot to another. also how they are never running windows on their computers. they all got their own "perfect" software. lucky them

miffo
07-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by forq2@18 July 2003 - 04:46
also how they are never running windows on their computers. they all got their own "perfect" software. lucky them
that is kindof explainable cause the moviecompany
don´t want to pay a shitload of money to use any
existing OS they let some1 do like a slideshow that looks like it

btw why do the bad guys allways point at the ground BEHIND the running hero
how hard can it be to raise the MACHINE GUN (like a 1000 bullets a minute) a few inches
and make some tomatosauce (the hero of course outrunning a helicopter/car)

Jay
07-21-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Miyake@16 July 2003 - 15:18
when the bad guy has a gun pointed at the heros head and insted of blowing the Muther away he explains all his plays and the hero escapes and kills the bad guy in the end <_<

the absolutely most annoying thing ever

uNz[i]
07-21-2003, 06:27 AM
One cliché that springs instantly to my mind is how there&#39;s always a grizzled veteran who will growl at the hotshot new guy: "I was doin&#39; blah blah blah when you were suckin&#39; on yer mama&#39;s tit/wearin diapers/a twinkle in yer daddy&#39;s eye... etc"

I&#39;ve heard it sooo many times in movies.. last time was in Xmen 2.
It made it very hard for me to enjoy the rest of the film, which was apart from that, well... alright.