PDA

View Full Version : how about that, waffles staff kicked everyone out of the irc

nbo
11-07-2007, 06:42 PM
The channel was made to give everyone invites and then suddenly 400 users get kicked out with this:
unofficial + asked by staff of waffles.fm to close down)
how very wrong

Skengeboy
11-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Well, that is kinda understandable i think.
If anyone can go in there and request an invite it might as well have open signups.

BTW: Wrong section i think!

tuning
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
thats rediculous.......

nbo
11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
btw- i know its the wrong section but this way ppl will see that it closed and wont go spamming and asking stupid questions.

DannyGnXz
11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
It was an invite tree.... And kind of hectic... Like shopping on black friday

Once you got your invite, you were given 2 invites to give out in the channel.

I guess the people running it got swamped, and took a break

bikernin
11-07-2007, 06:54 PM
was in that channel for a while. total chaos! there were no ops to control the situation. whoever came in sent multiple messages n spammed pms requesting invites. im surprised it wasnt closed sooner..
on the lighter side a really generous dude was willng to give a waffles invite in exchange for (hold your breath..) ScT+FTN+bitmeTV :D any1 interested?

Peter North
11-07-2007, 06:57 PM
This is amazing, the channel open without (i think), the knowledge of the admin of waffles.
The news run like a cat with fire in is a**...
How could catch invites had luky, about the rest, well we are going to see alot of threads "I have waffles invite, send me offers...".
Ok there are already some of that. :dry:

nbo
11-07-2007, 08:00 PM
i think it was very nice cuz it was working in an unofficial manner, some bored guy opened it in a "pay it forward" way, ppl would join a list of members pending for invites, when they reached the top of the list they would receive invites from other members who received invites earlier on the channel.

pro267
11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I heard that the invite giveaway channel was not sanctioned by waffles.
They requested it to be shut down since it was defying their rules.

I have no idea whether this is rumor or fact.