PDA

View Full Version : Paine speaks out about waffles.fm

Probability
11-07-2007, 07:29 PM
http://tehpaine.blogspot.com/2007/11/and-now-in-interest-of-equal-time-here.html

Wow interesting, Paine does not think of it highly.

RIFKinator
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Why am I not surprised? Many people don't like waffles.fm... Sure it's not as good as OiNK but it's still awesome because it has music we all like :D

Probability
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
yeah but why even bother with it? There is still what.cd and stm. I think 2 is a good start to a hydra. Waffles just seems so unorganized and run by idiots.

WhoopDeDoo
11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Eh, I'd like to get in before I say wether I agree/disagree. Everyone has some bad sides.

sexydingo
11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
So far I'm liking what.cd more, but I'd still say its a bit early to say for sure. We'll see how things pan out.

Defy
11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
That was pretty brutal, lol.

LackOfInterest
11-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow +1 for paine for that one :yup:

WarrenBuffet
11-07-2007, 09:27 PM
It Means Go To What.cd Guys! :)

misledhope
11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
i certainly will not shun waffles just because of paines opinion but i had already been using what as my primary and waffles secondary (tracker not community) and i will just continue that. An admin was nice enough to invite me to waffles so i'm not going to just discard it as trash besides its always better to have multiple sources incase of the almost inevitable happening to one or 2 of them.

If you only plan on using one i'd suggest what, but if you can use both whats the harm support both trackers, the coders did work hard on them both and they both deserve our respect i don't see anyone else doing this for the community.

Cheers what and waffles. Live long.. and prosper

Grind$oFine
11-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm sure everyone thinks of Paine as a God since he was staff at OiNK, but hes just a guy... just like anyone else who would say their opinion, except they would get ignored and shunned for saying such a thing.

Waffles is great, I like it more than What.cd. But, then again I like all the music sites. Waffles is my go-to, and it does feel OiNK-y just a little bit, you can check the first browse page every 5 minutes and have a new cd uploaded in the genre you're looking through.

I think both sites have great potential and it seems they will both do well.

I think the smaller sites (Libble, FunkyTorrents, etc) will stay nice little communities just like they always were and always were content with being. I don't think there's much comparison between them and the two big sites really..

Anyone else wonder why Paine was getting so upset over the situation?

Alien5
11-07-2007, 11:04 PM
he's just upset he didn't get invited

WhoopDeDoo
11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
he's just upset he didn't get invited
lol, too bad he's a member there.

titofat
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
thanks for info

Wi0
11-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Don't listen to Paine. So chilidish. Waffles will be great. It's coming along nicely if you ask me... Better than What.cd IMO

Dr_Green_Thumb
11-08-2007, 01:57 AM
in my opinion they are so similar it hard to say who is better. The only difference right now is the freeleech and free 5 gigs at waffles.

AkaiDoresu
11-08-2007, 02:40 AM
How waffles can be unorganized and OiNK was so graet if waffels are actually run by OiNK staff... or am I wrong?

aysomc
11-08-2007, 02:41 AM
sounds like a little kid on a rant to me, he doesnt like the site so he tries to make it sound bad. both sites have had problems at launch as every site ever launched will have. bottom line is basically which site will have more music readily available in the future and if it keeps up the way it has this will be waffles by a landslide, they already have more than what and will soon have more than STM. make up your own mind after you have used all 3, dont take his word for it. he actually reminded me of all the people that say sct/ftn/fs* arent that good, they say that because they arent a member or they've been banned. i said in the past i think waffles will be the replacement for oink and i still believe that because right now it is the best site for music, that could change but if it does it wont be because of STM or what.

th0r
11-08-2007, 02:42 AM
STMUSIC? MOAR LIKE STD LOLOLOL.

I laughed.

Gish
11-08-2007, 03:36 AM
After reading that rant I have lost all respect for paine and gained respect for the way waffles staff posted back. it just show the maturity level of paine compared to Waffles staff.
I'm sure he is mad because he is no longer part of oink and in no way part of the great community waffles. he feels cheated with oink's demise and he has no place to mod and pretend like he is in control. all he can do is sit and cry like a baby without a home!

I pity you Paine..oh wait no I don't

Torn
11-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Paine obviously knows a thing or two... so instead of creating a post like that, bickering about waffle's problems, why not just help all these websites out?

Paine is the A-rod of music trackers; A bunch of wasted talent just because he doesn't want to play as a team.

I hate Yankees.

McLovin
11-08-2007, 01:54 PM
all sites that have promise have problems starting out.. you aren't going to have everything go smoothly from the get go.

as long as they fix those problems in a timely manner.

I like waffles so far, and I would have looked for the same type of domain they did if I was starting a tracker right after oink went down. It's common sense to do so.. they want to make a replacement and get as many old oinkers as possible. it doesn't make sense not to use that to their advantage.

I'm not saying waffles is going to be the replacement, I really have no idea. but honestly I think they're going in the right direction.

joancrawford
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
why is anyone taking the vitriol seriously. the guy clearly is choking on his own vomit because someone insulted him in a chatroom - then he's gone on to use his limited power as spokesperson for the great lost tracker against them.

let's just wait and see - let these trackers battle it out, and by early next spring one will emerge on top: oink will be reannointed

Probability
11-09-2007, 03:50 AM
or maybe the site does really suck

AugustoP
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Just when exactly everyone started to like Oink's staff?