PDA

View Full Version : COD4, GOW, FEAR and ....(discuses here)

BawA
11-08-2007, 08:35 AM
ok these three games are released, talk about it here.
am downloading Gears of War and FEAR and already played COD4.

i played COD4 and i was like WOOOOW, this games is worth playing and worth paying every penny to upgrade your hardware although thats where i was shocked, this game with its massive graphic details doesn't need a top notch system(as usual, IW brings out the best). i am playing with my GF7600GS + 1Gb free memory + Core2 2.66 on a semi high setting for 1 hour without getting lagged.

this game is the best of what i played so far, Great controls and awesome Game play. story line is so real(so far).

and for once they used a proper Arabic on their game, dialogues were flawless and writings like shop name where not so arabic but spelled correct, most of the shop where named Infinity Wards :lol:.

S!X
11-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Cod4 is awesome, I have to drop down some the quality settings though cause it seems to get semi choppy in some areas. I'm actually downloading GOW right now too, I loved it for xbox360 and hoped it would hit pc....took a while but it finally did :D Can't wait to play it.

Elvenmunky
11-08-2007, 10:49 AM
im gonna wait till i get an xbox to play cod4

Colt Seevers
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Playing an FPS with a controller, is like having a wank with a boxing glove.

I've pre-ordered COD4 on steam. Can't wait to try multiplayer.

BawA
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
im gonna wait till i get an xbox to play cod4
playing FPS on Xbox is not a good choice, beside COD4 graphics will look much better on PC if you have a DX10 card.

matt526
11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I just played though the 1st few levels of COD4
This game is intense.
I was pleasantly surprised that my computer did as well as it did. The quality settings where set to around Med. my video card isn't good enough for the best quality settings
Very Awesome Game.

FLYING_ZUKINY
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
I start to play COD4 only yesterday i planed to play for 1 hour but when i check my watch its was 2 in the early hours of the morning and i was playing for 3 hours the game is woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
my system is e6420 2GB memory and 8800GTS 640mb the game run perfect on max definition

BawA
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
damn i am so pissed, in arround 10 days i resume my work and all of these games are released now.
am so loving COD4 that i dont like it to be finished, i hope its long enough just like previous COD's

WHiKWiRE
11-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm playing COD4 on my xbox using the XFPS hookup and am loving it. :D

mr. nails
11-08-2007, 08:07 PM
this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N1i1j9eKQ_g) is just most pimp!

S!X
11-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I get a lot of lag in GOW, same for you guys?

BawA
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
man this game(COD4) is getting more and more interesting.
i just dont get it why other developers cant make games as smooth as COD series, graphics are so high but they still run so smooth, same situation is with Half life source, other crap games like bioShock and MOHA are so hard to play even on lowest setting on my current hardware, their developers relay too much on hardware then on coding, they dont put much effort in coding their games the right way.

NOW here is the blow, game finished in less then 4 hours :wtf:
so great game with very little stages unlike previous CoD's.
i think game is meant for online play more then single player.

mr. nails
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
man, this game(COD4) is meant for online play more then single player.

i prefer that

psxcite
11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Online play is super tight. Nothing like camping and sniping people as they come out doorways. Then I lay claymores nearby so when they come after me from watching the killcam, they get a nice little surprise.

cpc197c
11-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Online play on COD4 is where I shine. Other than that, the single player campaign was amazing, but very short. Going strong on the 360 version, even though my laptop could probably handle the game without many issues. My main problem with games is my laptop's native res. Having to bump down graphics to scale to 1920x1200 is fairly intense.

2.0 Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2 667, Nvidia Gerforce GO 7900 GS O/C 625/1400

BawA
11-11-2007, 06:54 AM
in past 2 days i tried FEAR and Gears of War, non of them actually made me to play them again, infact i shut them down in less then 10 mins, Graphic wise it wasn't bad and as COD4 they played smoothly on semi end-high setting but the game line or story type wasn't good at all, their out of reality by putting Aliens and disgusting features in it, unreal guns and something which is totally scientific and dark, nothing new at all, same old stuff which 10's if not 100's of games had it, no creative ideas. i hate games like this, they must put more reality in their games.

mbucari1
11-11-2007, 07:05 AM
um, hasn't FEAR been around for a while?

BawA
11-11-2007, 07:35 AM
the new expansion

ok FEAR is getting little interesting, in one point it really blew me away, i nearly pissed my self when i saw some1 and when i chased him he wasn't there and suddenly he appeared behind me, i shit myself and emptied entire magazine on him and it turn out to be a ghost something.

BawA
11-12-2007, 01:53 PM
ok Crysis...
installed and all graphics were at low/minimal, i said myself "ohh crap, now i must play the choppy graphics" but guess what their lowest setting were "not bad", and intro was amazing.
didnt play the game yet except 1st few mins to check the graphics.

but i dont know whats the buzz about, game is exactly like FarCry with a better graphics which nobody(yet) can play at it. the Suit features are so ridicules, 1st of all its hard to use them which is because of bad controls(all four features must be accessed with a single key) 2nd of all there is no way in which you can combine the features like what intro shows(going max speed then max strength to jump behind jeep), by the time you switch to different feature you're dead, each features can be used one by one and with such a hard control it wont be fast. 3rd of all these features dont last much, once you activate them it runs out so fast and you gain them back by taking a break which is not fun, fire controls are also not much a good, hard to aim, enemy takes too much bullets to die, headshots wont kill most of the times.

Elvenmunky
11-12-2007, 03:24 PM
is crysis going to be released for xbox?

Casper413
11-12-2007, 05:51 PM
call of duty 4 is a great game

BawA
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
COD4 made to the Arabic news media's, apparently the news station at beginnings mission was a exact design of Al-jazeera headquarters in Qatar.

Elvenmunky
11-13-2007, 07:50 PM
is it me or does fear persues mandate have shit graphics?

silent h3ro
11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I love CoD4.

dbmp
11-14-2007, 02:00 PM
I love CoD4.

I'll make your words my words. :D

svr
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
is it me or does fear persues mandate have shit graphics?

It is you.

Busyman™
11-16-2007, 12:43 PM
man this game(COD4) is getting more and more interesting.
i just dont get it why other developers cant make games as smooth as COD series, graphics are so high but they still run so smooth, same situation is with Half life source, other crap games like bioShock and MOHA are so hard to play even on lowest setting on my current hardware, their developers relay too much on hardware then on coding, they dont put much effort in coding their games the right way.

NOW here is the blow, game finished in less then 4 hours :wtf:
so great game with very little stages unlike previous CoD's.
i think game is meant for online play more then single player.

Less than 4 hours? That fucking sucks.

That's far worse than GOW (360 version) and that was the only knock on that game.

Less than 4 hours of play is absolutely horrible.

in past 2 days i tried FEAR and Gears of War, non of them actually made me to play them again, infact i shut them down in less then 10 mins, Graphic wise it wasn't bad and as COD4 they played smoothly on semi end-high setting but the game line or story type wasn't good at all, their out of reality by putting Aliens and disgusting features in it, unreal guns and something which is totally scientific and dark, nothing new at all, same old stuff which 10's if not 100's of games had it, no creative ideas. i hate games like this, they must put more reality in their games.

Sorry but if you only played 10 min of GOW than you know next to squat about it.

I understand you are stoked over COD4 but GOW is a great game and should be much better on PC. The game is set on an alien world. It is what it is. It has a chainsaw. It has aliens. It has guns not from here. It is not COD4. It is what it is.

ok Crysis...
installed and all graphics were at low/minimal, i said myself "ohh crap, now i must play the choppy graphics" but guess what their lowest setting were "wow", and intro was even greater.
didnt play the game yet except 1st few mins to check the graphics.

Crysis is a letdown graphically.

BawA
11-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Crysis is a letdown graphically
no doubt about that.

FalconAce
11-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Gears of War is an awesome game :) Kept playing it nonstop till I got mowed down by some monster.

MultiForce
11-18-2007, 01:20 PM
For people like me that loved the good old Rainbow Six multiplayer is just gonna love the COD:4 multiplayer. It is nearly identical when it comes to weapon and speed. The gfx is of course better ;)

Mems
11-18-2007, 10:07 PM
COD4 is amazing ;)

LoKaLiRi
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
yeah amazing

BawA
11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
here is another game worth paying for, "Kane and lynch Dead Man", very interesting, never played such a game, totally new type.

nhan
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Cod4 e a very good game i like to play single payer and multiplayer GOW and FEAR i didnt try yet

Ænima
11-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Cod4 has poor graphics. Some units look like RTS units lol. It's a download-but-not-buy game imo. :)

fOrUmAs
11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
COD 4 is probably the best ever made game..there is no question abouth that..so it will be very interesting when new BIA arrive

walom
11-22-2007, 02:49 AM
I love multiplayer in COD4. When I first got it I had a bunch of friends over to play on a LAN. When you all start out at "level" one and are competing with each other for ranks, its great.

Once people started getting the Last Stand ability we were so used to people being dead after they fell to the ground, it really made for some awesome surprises. Same with Martyrdom.

phitzc
11-22-2007, 10:19 PM
As soon as I finished the prologue, I knew that COD 4 was gonna kick some butt.

silent h3ro
11-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Cod4 has poor graphics. Some units look like RTS units lol. It's a download-but-not-buy game imo. :) I understand it is your own opinion but bad graphics? The graphics aren't that bad at all. Graphics shouldn't be everything, anyways.

diZZyXXX
11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
CoD 4 is GREAT! love it :D

Aaxel21
11-25-2007, 06:54 AM
I loved COD4 but was it just me or did you find your self dying a lot from some grenade thrown an incredible distance?

Magnum
12-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Gears of War is an awesome game but I LOVE COD4!!!