PDA

View Full Version : Tracker recommendations while Demonoid is down?

BlackHayate
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, seeing as Demonoid is down for a while, what trackers would you guys(and girls) recommend I join to fill the gap? Demonoid was the site I relied on the most for my torrenting needs, I believe it'll be back eventually as I haven't heard anything about a raid or arrests but while it's gone I'm going to be missing out a bit on quality torrents.

I'd really hate to have to go back to the days where I was stuck prowling mininova and the pirate bay for low quality torrents.

Thanks

Edit: If you aren't comfortable posting urls in here, feel free to PM me with them. I appreciate the help.:)

redMonster
11-09-2007, 10:21 AM
With oink and demonoid both going down, i don't think we have any other good option of a tracker with wide variety of content.

BlackHayate
11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to cobble together some niche trackers to get that kind of range of content. At least I've got my gaming needs covered with Bitgamer and Underground-Gamer. They aren't much for speed of release though.

Patriot foreve
11-09-2007, 10:56 AM
nothing can beat demonoid :(

BlackHayate
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Nothing that I've seen :)
But I'm sure it will be back, they recovered from the CRIA once, they'll do it again. And so long as Deimos(demonoid's admin) is still around Demonoid will continue to revive itself whenever it's taken down.

mortalman
11-09-2007, 02:51 PM

DEMONOID is where you could find anything:cry:(USED TO)

unreal i can't believe this shit with all this sites going down
well i guess it is time to start going to blockbusters/Hollywood video/gamefly and rip what i want they can't stop that bitch ass anti piracy groups:angry:

AnestesiaGeral
11-09-2007, 02:58 PM
The less we talk about it, the better.

They are out there...

The more private we keep the private tracker names and whats going on there the better.

Right now, they are only private because people call them that. With all the reviews around, its pretty easy for those "whose name I shall not pronounce" to keep up to date.

Staff here should do something about it. Don't know what, but something...

Mayhem
11-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Yes, they are watching us.
They are among us from 1947.
Beware...
/me wears his tin-foil hat

on another note i think that the assholes are already aware of big trackers like demonoid, oink and so on.
Yet tracker like TPB are even more famous, though they aren't closed.
On the contrary they kick all those law enforcments agencies butts.
Keep it up.

uniquename
11-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I can tecommend tvtorrents.com for... well obviously tv. Always seems to be a >10:1 S:L ratio.
Kinda tough to get invites tho. I think you have to give you invitee some credits to get started, so no freebies.

Mayhem
11-09-2007, 03:20 PM
invitations are unlimited i think, but you have to give 1G,5G... to your invitee.
There are also open registration, but you have to upload before downloading.
Anyhow i think people are looking for a general huge tracker and not specific content trackers.

blackbird
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
http://btjunkie.org/

munkyboy04
11-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Dont keep all your eggs in one basket

you need to get yourself into a few smaller private trackers ie one for musiv one for movies one for scene. etc then theres no need for one big one like demonoid. and its not so bad when one goes down.

Sumoman
11-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Hello whilst rummaging through a few forums i found a new site which just launched called vapourtorrents on first look it seemed a let down but after joining i proved myself wrong.
The site has very few members but some good released torrents. I currently am using the site reguarly and you would be shocked to here i think it could be better than torrentleech !!
Big statement i know heres the sites stats

Registered users 128
Torrents 45
Peers 38
Seeders 37
Leechers 3
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 3700

The site is going invite only when it reaches 1000 members so if you want an invite pm me with the email and ill invite you with ratio proofs included please thanks and i hope you try it out and add your comments

i made this post the speed if the releases are amazing try it out !!

barakokula
11-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Again you with the rummaging :D

Sumoman
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
i like to rummage !!! lol

Mayhem
11-09-2007, 09:06 PM
well i guess no ore rummaging here :P.
anyhow btjunkie is really great. I like the fact that it tracks files on private trackers and not only public and has a decent amount of torrents.

Metaphysic
11-09-2007, 09:17 PM
btjunkie.org

vobilli
11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I'll throw in a vote for Btjunkie as well. Been using them for several months now, and from my experience they have been faster than Demonoid.

barakokula
11-10-2007, 12:25 AM
btjunkie is not a tracker,it's a search engine.

No real alternatives to Dem if you're looking for a looooooot :) of rare/non scene stuff at one place.
Use a couple of specialized trackers.

BlackHayate
11-10-2007, 12:48 AM
I'd love to use a lot of specific trackers, just need to find them first. I've used btjunkie before, it's usually great for finding videos and some old game ISOs but it's really not very good when it comes to apps and the more random things I look for.

Thanks anyway, I know a lot of people who swear by btjunkie, but it's of limited use to me. I might take you up on your offer Sumoman. If the registration is closed for vapour torrents I'll be sure to PM you, thanks for the help.:)

And I've signed up for vapour torrents, at first glance it seems rather nice. It's not a huge, huge selection but it's quality stuff and seeing as it's a fairly new tracker I expect it'll continue to improve.

Thanks for the advice sumoman.:)

Schoolboystuff
11-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Sad about Demonoid, bit hey it will be back!!

Morgoth
11-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Agree, Demonoid was unique :cry: You could find anything you like. I hope they will back soon.

nadeem111as
11-10-2007, 12:36 PM
zamunda.net

redMonster
11-10-2007, 01:00 PM
zamunda.netthanks for this. looks good.