PDA

View Full Version : Torrentse.cx Is Gone 4ever

EnJoi
07-16-2003, 11:23 PM
:(

The site torrentse.cx recieved a cease and desist letter during the day of Wednesday, July 16, 2003 for trademark and copyright infringement. The entire website has been removed and will not return.

i just uploaded there

N£MO
07-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Thats a nightmare.Alot of BT sites are closing lately. <_<

Oregonian
07-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Yesterday Bytemonsoon and today Torrentse is gone forever...
Something is going on.

callum
07-16-2003, 11:42 PM
It was only yesterday I found out torrentse.cx was back up :(

I found a link on torrentse.cx to a site that looks exactly like bytemonsoon though.:D

http://www.zenith-net.co.uk/

stoi
07-17-2003, 12:52 AM
The reason these sites are getting closed down by whatever means is that they use a centralised tracker/server. www.filesoup.com has come up with an ingenious way of keeping their database up and running forever, what they are doing is letting users, including me, have their own tracker so all you do is put the torrent into the dir on your pc start the tracker and then you can go to your own site and ppl can get your torrent that way, also you can upload it to filesoup or suprnova and as its your own tracker announce url as long as your tracker is up and running it will get listed on the above sites.

sorry if i havnt explained this clear enough but you can find more out on www.filesoup.com or http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=53263

stoi

Krisman
07-17-2003, 03:03 AM
I just noticed torrentse.cx closed down. That really sucks I was just using it earlier today and now its gone.

imported_The__One
07-17-2003, 03:12 AM
Damn, it really is gone, and I had just finished uploading loads of stuff :angry: *sigh* I guess I&#39;ll just re-upload some of the stuff at suprnova.org....dont know for how long that one will stay up tho :(

Ma5t3rM1nD
07-17-2003, 03:12 AM
Yeah it seems every single Torrent site I go to the next day it&#39;s shut down :angry: . I went to Bytemonsoon (last site before I logged off) next morning it was gone, same thing yesterday and this morning torrentse.cx gone. I just hope suprnova is here tommorow. :unsure:

Gre1
07-17-2003, 04:34 AM
I walk in the house hop on the comp looking at zenith then I look at the bottom of the screen torrentse.cx got a cease and desist letter. Man what the fuck is going on well if that keep happening we will just have to use the method stoi said I didn&#39;t even know that could be done. I hope they don&#39;t get zenith cause it just got off the ground. I don&#39;t even want to up anything on there then it get closed but I doubt it. At least not yet

chalice
07-17-2003, 07:35 AM
The reason Torrentse.cx is gone forever is because of an industrial trance artist called BT.
His lawyers contacted the site yesterday and said if the site isn&#39;t taken down then it was gonna get sued to the full extent.
I think torrentse.cx could have gottena away with it if they&#39;d just removed the offending torrent.
Here&#39;s his shitty forum. (http://www.btmusic.com/messageboard/index.html)
Depressing isn&#39;t it?

AznRocky
07-17-2003, 07:51 AM
wait is bytemonsoon gone forever???

chalice
07-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Bytemonsoon are trying to get back on their feet but are finding it difficult.
That Zenith site quoted earlier is very similar and starting to gain a lot of attention (especially after yesterday). Check filesoup for info.

Schmiggy_JK23
07-17-2003, 09:42 AM
yes, this is definate bad news, just had come back online too... =[...

hopefully more sites start hosting like suprnova does, as they seemingly have avoided such persecution yet...