PDA

View Full Version : Fsc?

Kyl3KK
11-10-2007, 06:19 PM
ScT and FTN are wonderful, and I'm in love with them both. But FSC makes me wonder. Even the name makes me wonder, with a name like that it sounds like a really fun place to be in. I love the free leech slot feature I've read about, but the part that intrigues (sp?) me the most about this tracker is the C aspect of it, the community. From what I hear, its the best of the best. With people there that supposedly treat you like family, and with all those clubs, it just doesn't get any better then that.

I'm not asking for FSC, as I don't want to be labeled as a "tracker whore" or "tracker collector". That, and I really don't know if it fits my needs.

Example: My primary download site for 0day is ScT. With its screaming fast pretimes, and incredible speeds, its where I get most of my stuff from. It has a community, but I don't participate in it as much as I do at my "secondary" 0day site, FTN. The pretimes are a tad slower sometimes, and the speeds are just as great, and there's no ratio, but what I really love about FTN is the community. I feel welcome there every time I post, and its just a really great place.

That being said, I never sign up for a site that I won't use. The only exceptions to this were BitHQ and RevTT, and thats only because I thought that they would be different then what they are.

I think I'm a good person here, too, doing giveaways, and helping people.

Anyway, my original question was: What are some key "features" at FSC that I won't be able to find at, say, ScT or FTN? And, since I have ScT and FTN, is FSC worth going after? And does FSC have that great of a community? Because if it does, I already know whether or not it's worth looking for.

Whoo that was long!

EDIT: I forgot to say, I'm a bit on the younger side. FTN's community is more goofy and laid back, so its great for me. Also, don't post here unless you have/know a lot about FSC.

Mister Moo
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
it has a lot of older files, active forums, mature and helpful staff, I don't spend a lot of time there but I could see how one could become involved.

Kyl3KK
11-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I like helpful staff and active forums, especially older files. Anyone else have anything to add?

Polarbear
11-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I like helpful staff and active forums, especially older files. Anyone else have anything to add?

do you want an invite?

KinkyAfro
11-10-2007, 06:41 PM
you think people are stupid? you clearly know all the answers to your questions and this is an obvious attempt at getting an invite.. dont beat around the bush, if you want it and think your a good enough member on the Bt scene to ask then do it.

Polarbear
11-10-2007, 06:42 PM
you think people are stupid? you clearly know all the answers to your questions and this is an obvious attempt at getting an invite.. dont beat around the bush, if you want it and think your a good enough member on the Bt scene to ask then do it.

that's exactly what i was thinking :lol:

dragos
11-10-2007, 06:43 PM
they have the clubs, anime-club, fight-club, etc ,you can find something of interest there and be active about it. About the community, lets just say that words like "flame" or "hostile posting" don't exist there. Retro is 42 yrs old i think he posted here at one time, you can make your own conlusions about how is the staff behaviour in there

Kyl3KK
11-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't know if I want an invite yet, that's why I made this thread. If what you guys are saying is true then yeah I think I'd be good there and would like an invite, but I knew nothing of this tracker before I made this thread that wasn't already in the review except for the name.

SgtMajor
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM
As a mid-teen, you will feel like the nephew at the uncles wedding, some things you will have in common, some things you won't and at the end of the day at least they know what they actually want, but you would rather be at the teens party next door most times, and even when you are there you will yearn for the more mature adult conversation at the uncles party, end result - you fit in more at one place over the other and yet there is no harm in getting to know other people with a different take on life.

However, what FSC look for is participation and involvement in all aspects of what they offer, so if you are not active in what you currently have, including here, then there is no point in seeking FSC just cos it happens to be there, most times if you are able to hold your own then FSC, or their members, will come looking for you.

spark
11-10-2007, 07:28 PM
pm a member there and ask him/her....

Ænima
11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Social engineering. Don't beat around George's Bush.
I have FSC; I use it whenever to chat and stuff but don't get files from there much. I'm not too impressed with the selection.

Kyl3KK
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM
As a mid-teen, you will feel like the nephew at the uncles wedding, some things you will have in common, some things you won't and at the end of the day at least they know what they actually want, but you would rather be at the teens party next door most times, and even when you are there you will yearn for the more mature adult conversation at the uncles party, end result - you fit in more at one place over the other and yet there is no harm in getting to know other people with a different take on life.

However, what FSC look for is participation and involvement in all aspects of what they offer, so if you are not active in what you currently have, including here, then there is no point in seeking FSC just cos it happens to be there, most times if you are able to hold your own then FSC, or their members, will come looking for you.Thanks Sarge. Then I really don't need it. :)

SgtMajor
11-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Social engineering. Don't beat around George's Bush.
I have FSC; I use it whenever to chat and stuff but don't get files from there much. I'm not too impressed with the selection.

If you don't like what is on offer, and don't forget what is on offer comes mainly from what is requested in all the various clubs, so it's what is wanted by the users rather than just upped for upping sake, then make a request yourself as to what you want upped, simple philosophy really.

And bottom line, if you don't like it, then PM a staff member or use:

/delacct.php

Kyl3KK
11-10-2007, 08:01 PM
And I wasn't beating around any bush or using social engineering by the way. I wanted to see if this tracker would fit my needs, and with the explanation I got from Sarge, I decided it wasn't for me.

Ænima
11-10-2007, 08:07 PM
If you don't like what is on offer, and don't forget what is on offer comes mainly from what is requested in all the various clubs, so it's what is wanted by the users rather than just upped for upping sake, then make a request yourself as to what you want upped, simple philosophy really.
Oic well I'm not that hardcore lol

SgtMajor
11-10-2007, 08:09 PM
And I wasn't beating around any bush or using social engineering by the way. I wanted to see if this tracker would fit my needs, and with the explanation I got from Sarge, I decided it wasn't for me.

/yet

No harm in not ruling out the future. You may outgrow your current tracker forums and find you are needing that something special after all.

mrnobody
11-10-2007, 08:13 PM
if u have additional questions, feel free to pm me...i will try to answer

TheFoX
11-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Retro is 42 yrs old i think he posted here at one time.

Not until next Friday (16th)...

And bottom line, if you don't like it, then PM a staff member or use:

/delacct.php

Doesn't work on FSC. A member would need to PM a staff member to have their account deleted.

Besides, we would rather have someone who wanted the site, rather than someone who just wanted to try it out for size.

And, not everyone who frequents FSC actually downloads anything. We have plenty of members who download nothing, but frequent the forums and IRC, just for the company.

Being a community means catering for the diverse tastes of as many members as possible while not enforcing unreasonable demands on those same members. Being a community means understanding the needs of the few as well as the many. Being a community means just being there...

Artemis
11-10-2007, 09:22 PM
which is why it is such a special place :D

XS75
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
...FTN. The pretimes are a tad slower sometimes...

:lol: "sometimes" ?

ScT beats FTN on 98% of the time :P

==================

and

I :wub: FSC more then FTN+ScT :)

Awesome community

tweakz
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM

/yet

No harm in not ruling out the future. You may outgrow your current tracker forums and find you are needing that something special after all.

Wow sarge...that sounds like a very special interesting & MATURE community...i bet it beats fst...i could be totally wrong, but it sounds that way.... I would prefer 2 be with a mature crowd...seen as i am 27....not a teen no more. Do u think it's possible that i can explorer that special site? :)

SgtMajor
11-10-2007, 10:31 PM
/yet

Wow sarge...that sounds like a very special interesting & MATURE community...i bet it beats fst...i could be totally wrong, but it sounds that way.... I would prefer 2 be with a mature crowd...seen as i am 27....not a teen no more. Do u think it's possible that i can explorer that special site? :)

I don't think the admin will invite you (yet) as only today you made this post:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-giveaways-248339

You weren't doing too bad till that post, and would/might have made a good candidate for an invitation.

Sorry, but maybe FSC admin might think otherwise, who knows.

tweakz
11-10-2007, 10:45 PM

I don't think the admin will invite you (yet) as only today you made this post:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-giveaways-248339

You weren't doing too bad till that post, and would/might have made a good candidate for an invitation.

Sorry, but maybe FSC admin might think otherwise, who knows.

My saying is, few is best, forget about the rest.
Btw way i closed that tread & deleted the rest from my bookmarks that peepz didn't want...so i'm finished 4 good with extra accs.... Sorry 2 upset up...but it will NEVER EVER happen again... Btw i even took away my rep points, coz i have no intrest in giveaways what so ever. I am going to be very smart for on now, & when i do get my 3 fav trackers i want, i will barley be on fst....for what? so that i can get more fluff.... I don't think so. Anyways i hope we can put all of this in the past, & look to the future my Friend! :)

Tenth
11-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Quit the F*C praise I'm getting jealous!

But seriously good luck to those hoping to get in.

DV8type
11-11-2007, 12:04 AM
I :wub: FSC more then FTN+ScT :)

Awesome community
:inlove:

Sarge i did that coz i dont want thoses accs ever again in my life....i wanted someone to put them 2 good use...

But security concerns are a high priority at FSC and you contributing to the insecurity of other trackers does not earn you a badge.

----------

@Kyl3KK, you've been around long enuff (ive seen you around) to know the answer to your questions and know threads concerning FSC are not encouraged.

tweakz
11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Quit the F*C praise I'm getting jealous!

But seriously good luck to those hoping to get in.

I can't help it if I only speak from the HEART. In the real world outside of computers...I'm the most solid guy u will ever meet, plus honest....The 3 things I hate most in life is... liars, haters, & thieves!!!!!!!

TheFoX
11-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Sarge i did that coz i dont want thoses accs ever again in my life....i wanted someone to put them 2 good use...

That is the real crux of the matter. What happens if you get an FSC invite, then a short period later, you realise it's not for you. Would you give that account away as you did with the others?

That is the real test. Most honest members will expire their own account rather than pass it on to someone who is unknown to them.

Vercors
11-11-2007, 12:15 AM
:wub: :inlove:

:naughty:

tweakz
11-11-2007, 12:27 AM

That is the real crux of the matter. What happens if you get an FSC invite, then a short period later, you realise it's not for you. Would you give that account away as you did with the others?

That is the real test. Most honest members will expire their own account rather than pass it on to someone who is unknown to them.

For such a special tracker like that...I would park it so that it expires! You have my WORD! If u don't believe me then let me prove u wrong...

P.S I know I will be amazed with this tracker....but if not...then I will let it simply DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polarbear
11-11-2007, 12:38 AM

However, what FSC look for is participation and involvement in all aspects of what they offer, so if you are not active in what you currently have, including here, then there is no point in seeking FSC just cos it happens to be there, most times if you are able to hold your own then FSC, or their members, will come looking for you.

i really have to say, this sgtmajor makes intelligent posts. i don't know you, but i can see that you are a long time member here (i'm not). i haven't read any posting of yours that i dislike.
as a matter of fact i'm much older than you, but this doesn't play a role in "teh internetz" :) you make a very reasonable, mature impression on me. and you have a good sense of humor

kudos to you!

p.s. i'm not saying this because i wanna kiss ass, i don't need shit from anybody.

Vercors
11-11-2007, 12:45 AM
as a matter of fact i'm much older than you

He's older than my grandad

tweakz
11-11-2007, 12:47 AM
as a matter of fact i'm much older than you

You think ur sooo funny.....not!

Vercors
11-11-2007, 12:53 AM

Maybe because you don't know why I said this :dabs:
Now, do you want to know what I think of you?

tweakz
11-11-2007, 01:02 AM

So ur telling the truth? If so...sorry..ok?
It just sound like such a thing to say...fsc is the opposite then that I bet?

Vercors
11-11-2007, 01:07 AM

Haha no that's not the truth, I doubt he would still be able to sit in front of a computer if that was the case.
Check his post history, and you'll understand

tweakz
11-11-2007, 01:08 AM

Haha no that's not the truth, I doubt he would still be able to sit in front of a computer if that was the case.
Check his post history, and you'll understand

Ya, fine..:)