PDA

View Full Version : Diskeeper(Hard to workaounrd)

BawA
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
why Diskeeper is hard for scene to Crack? even their license trick works for a limited period or doesn't work at all.
there is no much instruction except putting their license in installation directory.
previous version like 2005 and 2006 didnt had these problems, i remember downloading them from demonaid and they needed no crack, they used to work until a new version comes out.
i recently downloaded 2008 version and its has same cracking problem as 2007 one.

any ideas?

dj_strix
11-11-2007, 10:37 AM
why Diskeeper is hard for scene to Crack? even their license trick works for a limited period or doesn't work at all.
there is no much instruction except putting their license in installation directory.
previous version like 2005 and 2006 didnt had these problems, i remember downloading them from demonaid and they needed any crack, they used to work until a new version comes out.
i recently downloaded 2008 version and its has same cracking problem as 2007 one.

any ideas?

OK this is a very good question. After facing the same problems I concluded that the first cracked versions for 2007 edition including for "crack" only the license (the dal) file, were improperly cracked and (now my own conclusion starts) they left some kind of info (a key in the windows registry) which then used from the next versions to somehow blacklist your PC. This means that after 30 days passed from the first installation of the 2007 diskeeper (with a poor crack - only the license file) the new version that you install, even if its cracked properly it cannot start defragmenting because it (somehow again) recognizes that you have installed previously another diskeeper version.

Remind you that diskeeper corp in the past suffered many of its pro versions floating around the web for free, although the price for the pro is 100 bucks and now they definitely have made a very good defense for its product, however for an american it is affordable to spend 100 bucks for software but in some other countries the average salary can be 100 bucks per month, but whatever.

A workaround to your problem could have been to have installed diskeeper by using Advanced Unistaller pro (I suggest to use Advanced Uninistaller in every software installation, it takes more time because you have to stop every PC activity, but it worths it - you have a clean uninstall afterwards) then after a month remove everything from registry and install a proper version, but now its too late for this, PM me for the next workaround.

blackbird
11-11-2007, 11:03 AM
i have a cracked version of diskeeper thats been working without any problems..

diskeeper professional premium v10.0.593 .. not the latest version though

peat moss
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
i have a cracked version of diskeeper thats been working without any problems..

diskeeper professional premium v10.0.593 .. not the latest version though

Its because you have to register it on line that the newer ones don't work , all the people using the same key . Like you blackbird I was quite happy with an older version. But like to stay current so searched around and found a newer version .

I had a bit of a hard time but I'm using Version: Diskeeper Pro Premier 2008 (12.0.758.0) and don't care for it as much . Its faster ya but you can't config IFasst on older drives or use the Fragshield . :)