PDA

View Full Version : Need Ntfs For Win98

Evil Gemini
07-17-2003, 02:06 AM
As topic sais, im looking for this program called NTFS For Win98. It basically lets you see NTFS partitions / hard drives wile using windows 95/98/ME.

I was just gonna download the trial but whats the point if the files are read-only :angry:

balamm
07-17-2003, 02:33 AM
Captain Nemo does the same thing I think. There are several versions for windows , linux, and NTFS

djflypson
07-17-2003, 02:39 AM
and switching of the "read only" in the "properties" when you rightclick on it ?

but does it make any difference ?

anyway there are some freeware programs available like bootit,
click here for download (http://tucows.skynet.be/boot95_default.html)

Evil Gemini
07-17-2003, 02:51 AM
Hey thanks for the alternatives :D.

I was just thinking, it isnt fair for people that have bought windows 98 AND windows xp and want to duel boot that micro$oft havent release an official patch for Fats32 OS's to be able to read ntfs file system.

Damnit thats not fair.

Forgot to ask, will i be able to run apps from an ntfs partiton while in windows 98 with them other programs ?

balamm
07-17-2003, 05:49 AM
I'm not sure if you can run them or just view them. I know the linux version makes media files from windows run in linux but....

chalkmongoose
07-21-2003, 09:08 PM
I just thought that I'd point out, Windows 98 knows about NTFS drives. The technology was around back then. If you setup a FAT boot partition, you can load Windows 98 on a NTFS partition without an issue.