PDA

View Full Version : what is up with waffles??

jasperr
11-11-2007, 01:27 PM
These admins are getting way too full of themselves. they need to decide whether or not they to open invites or stay closed... this is starting to get rediculous now! According to their website ppl were attemping to sell invites and thats why they delayed opening???? a bunch of hyped bs, if you ask me... and if they were, the people buying them are really stupid then! the oink staff was bad enough.... we DON'T need staff that are worse!!!!!!!!! and besides, this site is still unproven... it's just popular because of the over hype they gave themselves.... being as new as it is....... uhmmmmm, i don't see them lasting a year if they they keep this pace! torrents arent a problem.... its staff and mis-management issues that will kill'em... lmao

anyways what do you all think about this??? i am interested in hearing..

and be honest.. don't want to hear from support zombies trying to do their favorite place justice, input from them is not wanted!...........

flicke
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
The staff is unproven, yes, but they just seem to have a little stricter approval methods than OiNK, that's all.

Alien5
11-11-2007, 02:07 PM
you obviously didn't get an invite...boo hoo

blackbird
11-11-2007, 02:12 PM
its like everybody want to see an instant oink like quality and content in the new trackers.. give them some time .. :/

even oink was open for signups in the begining .. so a site takes time to build ..

jasperr
11-11-2007, 02:12 PM

if you say so m8............ just don't assume, what ya don't know! :pinch:

its like everybody want to see an instant oink like quality and content in the new trackers.. give them some time .. :/

i can undertsand that... but, as i said the staff is the problem, i hope they grow up in a positive direction. as of now i only see them getting worse :frusty:

birney29
11-11-2007, 02:58 PM
what is all this hype about waffles anyway people are actually requesting SCT for it :O is it really that good ?

jordanb
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
These admins are getting way too full of themselves. they need to decide whether or not they to open invites or stay closed... this is starting to get rediculous now! According to their website ppl were attemping to sell invites and thats why they delayed opening???? a bunch of hyped bs, if you ask me... and if they were, the people buying them are really stupid then! the oink staff was bad enough.... we DON'T need staff that are worse!!!!!!!!! and besides, this site is still unproven... it's just popular because of the over hype they gave themselves.... being as new as it is....... uhmmmmm, i don't see them lasting a year if they they keep this pace! torrents arent a problem.... its staff and mis-management issues that will kill'em... lmao

and be honest.. don't want to hear from support zombies trying to do their favorite place justice, input from them is not wanted!...........

there were people selling invites for waffles and what on ebay the other day, was up at about $40 aswell LOL

fOrUmAs
11-11-2007, 03:01 PM
waffles is good but not as good as what.cd :)

redMonster
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I do not like the fact that waffles don't allow apps. OiNK was the best private tracker for apps and currently because demonoid is also down, I am not able to get apps. :(

Hanz™
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
The staff aren't worse than on OiNK. :/
The staff on OiNK were amazing. They were never bad?!

As for whether waffles is better than what, I'll let the figures speak for themselves:
waffles:
Registered users 8,140
Torrents 32,405

what.cd:
Registered users 16442
Torrents 22520

(edit: waffles will allow apps in the future. For now it's just a music only site)
(it's hard enough to moderate the amount of music we're getting, let alone having apps and other crap like that on top of that)

puckface
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
what is all this hype about waffles anyway people are actually requesting SCT for it :O is it really that good ?

no

[Jon]
11-11-2007, 04:48 PM
stmusic and what.cd aren't up and its pissing me off.

Hanz™
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM

no
lol, people are so stupid.
How could a 2 week old site be anyway as good as SCT?

kingrob
11-11-2007, 06:10 PM

like with any other site what happens there has nothing to do with it's users
they are not full of them selfs they are making rules ect and just starting up that takes time and alot of work
just remember if you don't like the way they run the site don't join

but bitching about the way they do things is not going to get you any where

kallieb
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
The mindset of immediate gratification is core to the downfall of BT.....

Hanz™
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't think there will be a downfall. What we learnt from OiNK was as long as the mods/admins lay down the rules hard, and force people to seed/upload the site will succeed.
Cheater and immediate gratification types that don't understand the need for rules will be left behind.

WhoopDeDoo
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm personally looking forward to waffles. What.cd is ok, but I don't see it hitting off like waffles will when invites are finally opened.

Nemrod
11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Not just staff or tracker itself is still more than a wish or a guess. It hasn´t passed enough time to say the site is good or bad. Just like What.cd...
So far, the only thing I know is: promises, promises and more promises, and a huge lack of stability in both sites.
I understand that the OiNK dead took everybody by surprise and a bunch of people saw a big opportunity, but they have to probe they are really good, until now, I think they are not enough.

p1r4t3
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM

drama....

awoeonip
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
These admins are getting way too full of themselves. they need to decide whether or not they to open invites or stay closed... this is starting to get rediculous now! I doubt they're doing that because they are getting "full of themselves". It seems more like they'd like to have their invites open, but due to the fact that everyone and their mother wants a waffles invite right now, they simply don't have the hardware to keep it open all the time. what.cd has had very similar problems.

kallieb
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM

drama....

I'm drawing a link between impatience and tracker security, and not about waffles per se. If someone wants a site they want it immediately and get caught up into the speed and allure of account trading assuming that this is the easy road.

Ask any site staff what they believe is one of the greatest risks to their sites security and account trading is up at the top.

People trade accounts because they are too impatient to earn respect and in doing so, puts a tracker at risk.

Don't believe me, ask around.

Gish
11-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I was an oinker for about two years before they got shut down and may I say that waffles is my new home for music. new torrent are being upload every minute and thats music not appz etc.. and free leech for the last week
if you look at what.cd you need to take into account the amount of none music torrents they have. not saying what.cd is bad. I have both! but the fact is that a what.cd staff member did a SQL injection on their own site. enuf said!
for those of us that are complaining I can say if you where a member of waffles you would not complain so for now shut your mouth.

AmpeD
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
yup, once your in, its an excellent site. and Its ggod they arent growing too fast like what.cd did.

mrnobody
11-11-2007, 11:07 PM
waffels might be one of the good alternative for OiNK. But the fact still is, if OiNK makes it's comeback, waffels, what, or any of these tracker claiming to be "new OiNK" are gonna die.

Hanz™
11-12-2007, 12:49 AM
snip

Gish
11-12-2007, 01:56 AM
the more sites the better. thats why oink got shut down..it was a one of a kind with thousands of members. thats why the more site like oink the better:)

slymc07
11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
waffles need to sort out there admins, i click to login i have a new message saying, you have received a 1 week warning for selling invites. I was really annoyed at this so i messaged the admin who issued the warning . And got no reply, i am an ex OiNK user so i learned to have full respect for the site. This morning i go to login and mty account has been disabled they are taking the mick seriously , going around giving people warnings and disabling there account because they say i sold an invite, NO i had like 40 torrents uploaded already i cant believe it how stupid are they.

Hanz™
11-12-2007, 11:15 AM
waffles need to sort out there admins, i click to login i have a new message saying, you have received a 1 week warning for selling invites. I was really annoyed at this so i messaged the admin who issued the warning . And got no reply, i am an ex OiNK user so i learned to have full respect for the site. This morning i go to login and mty account has been disabled they are taking the mick seriously , going around giving people warnings and disabling there account because they say i sold an invite, NO i had like 40 torrents uploaded already i cant believe it how stupid are they.
If you want, you can go into irc and argue with us and we'll find the evidence for your invite-selling, or if you're correct we'll enable your account.
We've taken a lot of care to not ban anybody for anything other than invite selling, and in not just banning unless it's for certain.

physter
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM

WTF???????? Thanks for the email to my gmail box dude, how amused am I? Here it is for everyone to see:

This is a message from slymc07 at FileSharing Talk ( http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/index.php ). The FileSharing Talk owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email slymc07, you can use this online form:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=185156

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

I was wondering if you would like to trade an invite for waffles.fm, i have an invite to stmusic so if you would like to trade that would be great thanks.

BEWARE people.

fOrUmAs
11-12-2007, 12:26 PM
waffels might be one of the good alternative for OiNK. But the fact still is, if OiNK makes it's comeback, waffels, what, or any of these tracker claiming to be "new OiNK" are gonna die.

man didint u see all news abouth bust Oink and all that,there is no chance that Oink back after site have been raid..u must understand that..but im sure if Oink was in position like Demonoid now they will return..since not;)

but i also dont agree even if Oink back these site have already especially (what.cd great especially over 16K torrent and users) so im very sure they will survive:)

jasperr
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM

in my opinion, NO it's not.. by no means can Waffles be compared to the likes of SCT.. For one thing SCT is a community.. Waffles is a fad..

like with any other site what happens there has nothing to do with it's users
they are not full of them selfs they are making rules ect and just starting up that takes time and alot of work
just remember if you don't like the way they run the site don't join

but bitching about the way they do things is not going to get you any where

Yes, this is true... i suppose. but why try to be somthing they are not from the beginning... ????

So far, the only thing I know is: promises, promises and more promises, and a huge lack of stability in both sites.
I understand that the OiNK dead took everybody by surprise and a bunch of people saw a big opportunity, but they have to probe they are really good, until now, I think they are not enough.

Agreed!

if you look at what.cd you need to take into account the amount of none music torrents they have. not saying what.cd is bad. I have both! but the fact is that a what.cd staff member did a SQL injection on their own site. enuf said!
for those of us that are complaining I can say if you where a member of waffles you would not complain so for now shut your mouth.

going by current updates i would say your very much mis-informed!!!!!!! and as for shutting my mouth.... i don't think so!!!..

there were people selling invites for waffles and what on ebay the other day, was up at about $40 aswell LOL

hmmmm........ just calling a spade a spade here.. but, i don't know who's even more stupid here.... the ones selling them or the ones actually willing to pay for them??? points to ponder here.....:huh: