PDA

View Full Version : Its obvious now.. Waffles>What

WarrenBuffet
11-11-2007, 11:25 PM
In my last thread (click here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-best-music-wafflesfm-vs-whatcd-vs-boink-245282)) about this, I made a thread saying how good what.cd is and was like "look at the results of the polls, everyone loves what.cd, its better" and was like listen to Paines blog everyone, he knows it all. But with further inspection heres what I found.

Waffles:
Online Since2007-10-25 Registered users8,436 Torrents33,373

What.cd:
Tracker down right now so I can't even get current data, but I remember last was like 22,000 torrents 12,000 members. most of the torrents seederless.

So waffles is NEWER, but has WAY more torrents with LESS members. That should give a nice comparison of the communities. Browsing speeds arn't even comparable. What.cd is Hacked, broken, off line, u name it. Waffles has been speedy, solid, healthy consistent leeching with seeding make for an active tracker. lately all what torrents are 0/0 seeders/leachers.

sexydingo
11-11-2007, 11:28 PM
I would have to agree. But keep in mind they are both still extremely young in tracker standards. As its been said on here before, it takes a long time to grow a good tracker.

Stabber
11-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Time will show ...

cattani
11-11-2007, 11:32 PM
what about themusik.org ?

WarrenBuffet
11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
lol, its a 2 man race now, other trackers are out of the question

LinkS v2.0
11-11-2007, 11:35 PM

lol joke of the day
:D:D:D

Kyl3KK
11-11-2007, 11:37 PM
I knew waffles > what the minute I got in waffles.

MrLazy
11-12-2007, 12:05 AM
i must agree these two trackers have really high standards ..for being such young trackers ..possible one of them would be the next OINK .. oink v2.0 ..i can sense that coming lol :P

boobly
11-12-2007, 12:11 AM
If what.cd would quit going down it could very well be a contender.

WhoopDeDoo
11-12-2007, 12:41 AM
If what.cd would quit going down it could very well be a contender.
My thoughts also.

MaaxHimself
11-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I agree. I first got whatcd, and now have waffles also.
Waffles is alot better right now, as whatcd is down, again.

More torrents, more selection, better tracker.

misledhope
11-12-2007, 12:44 AM
if you guys only knew the issues that were coming up and most are now out of anyones control. ddos and server issues. give it time and what will be a strong contender. i personally hope both sites turn out to be fantastic i hate relying on one tracker as we all know what can happen when you do that.

mp3guru
11-12-2007, 01:00 AM
if you guys only knew the issues that were coming up and most are now out of anyones control. ddos and server issues. give it time and what will be a strong contender. i personally hope both sites turn out to be fantastic i hate relying on one tracker as we all know what can happen when you do that.

I agree. We can all be better served with having more than one great music tracker! I think a lot of the competition is overblown. Both competing sites (at least those presented in this thread) are brand new! Give both sites some months to grow and be awesome :cool:

WarrenBuffet
11-12-2007, 01:05 AM
not really, then it takes twice as much effor for seeding/dl'ing, I like my trackers to be a monopoloy

WhoopDeDoo
11-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Well, I just got waffles, and I've gotta say it's amazing. Love it. It's definately going to be/is already better than What.cd by a long shot.

zorozilka
11-12-2007, 01:40 AM
it's just a matter or time till we will find the ultimate music tracker, the problem is how to unite all those Oink members to make the growth going faster..

sexydingo
11-12-2007, 01:44 AM
it's just a matter or time till we will find the ultimate music tracker, the problem is how to unite all those Oink members to make the growth going faster..

Well... not to wish bad things, but if one of the trackers would up and die, the users would flock to the latter. Competition is great, it forces the admins to make a better tracker, but honestly had waffles and what.cd not come out at the same time, then there would be a lot more members confined to just one tracker, making it a much closer substitute for OiNK.

zorozilka
11-12-2007, 02:16 AM

Well... not to wish bad things, but if one of the trackers would up and die, the users would flock to the latter. Competition is great, it forces the admins to make a better tracker, but honestly had waffles and what.cd not come out at the same time, then there would be a lot more members confined to just one tracker, making it a much closer substitute for OiNK.

somewhere, with the soreness of the instability of What, it somewhere helps the competing as you said, but my point was is how we you unite all ex-Oinkers to one site.
this might prevent you from keeping 4 different trackers, each one for it's specialized content.

sexydingo
11-12-2007, 02:22 AM
somewhere, with the soreness of the instability of What, it somewhere helps the competing as you said, but my point was is how we you unite all ex-Oinkers to one site.
this might prevent you from keeping 4 different trackers, each one for it's specialized content.

Its true, and you know its annoying having to seed multiple sites too. Users would maintain much better ratios if they didn't have to spread their precious bandwidth over so many different sites :)

Bo0ddha
11-12-2007, 02:31 AM
Then your back to having one giant site with 200k+ members and it becomes the only target.

Gish
11-12-2007, 02:32 AM
In my last thread (click here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-best-music-wafflesfm-vs-whatcd-vs-boink-245282)) about this, I made a thread saying how good what.cd is and was like "look at the results of the polls, everyone loves what.cd, its better" and was like listen to Paines blog everyone, he knows it all. But with further inspection heres what I found.

Waffles:
Online Since2007-10-25 Registered users8,436 Torrents33,373

What.cd:
Tracker down right now so I can't even get current data, but I remember last was like 22,000 torrents 12,000 members. most of the torrents seederless.

So waffles is NEWER, but has WAY more torrents with LESS members. That should give a nice comparison of the communities. Browsing speeds arn't even comparable. What.cd is Hacked, broken, off line, u name it. Waffles has been speedy, solid, healthy consistent leeching with seeding make for an active tracker. lately all what torrents are 0/0 seeders/leachers.

I agrees:)

Ligeia
11-12-2007, 02:35 AM
I would say that What would be in a better position if it weren't for server and tracker problems (no matter what is to blame for that). Not a bad site by any means but it has been relatively unsatisfactory for me the last couple days. Still haven't been fortunate enough to get an invite to waffles.

zorozilka
11-12-2007, 02:45 AM
Its true, and you know its annoying having to seed multiple sites too. Users would maintain much better ratios if they didn't have to spread their precious bandwidth over so many different sites :)

true.

Bo0ddha - i didnt say "let's open a gigantic sh*tload of content tracker".

all i said that it would be nice if we were able to get all Oinkers to the same place again so we won't get spread..

besides... agree with me that to many trackers of the same category, and im not talking about scene, im talking about private releases, are better be found in one place instead of searching in 5 or even 10 music torrents..

my Fav list is pretty full for now, sorry, cant add anymore trackers:)

masterbat
11-12-2007, 08:24 AM
i still had to use public trackers to find some music .:unsure:

Bo0ddha
11-12-2007, 08:33 AM

true.

Bo0ddha - i didnt say "let's open a gigantic sh*tload of content tracker".

all i said that it would be nice if we were able to get all Oinkers to the same place again so we won't get spread..

besides... agree with me that to many trackers of the same category, and im not talking about scene, im talking about private releases, are better be found in one place instead of searching in 5 or even 10 music torrents..

my Fav list is pretty full for now, sorry, cant add anymore trackers:)

In theory yes it is better to have it all in one place. Some would say it is easier to maintain a ratio with only 1 site. I think that this isn't the case. Anything you download from one of the trackers can be uploaded to the other. It creates an easy way to build a buffer with the two sites. I think 10 or 15 sites WOULD be too much, but the only real limit to the number of sites is how many members each one wants to allow compared to the number of user, useful users, who would populate it.

daq
11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
def agree that waffles is doing better right now, but im hoping what has fixed all their probs and can do just as well in the long run.....having 2 great trackers is much better than 1.

0Ri0N
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
having 2 great trackers is much better than 1.

Sure. I really believe in both sites.