PDA

View Full Version : About Driver Letter Access (need Help)

AR8
07-17-2003, 07:06 AM
Ok, how the hell am I supposed to use this program? Whenever I stick a blank CD in the drive, my drive doesn't even read the CD anymore. It says "Function Impossible"... and it's driving me NUTS! It won't let me "format" the CD-R either.

ilw
07-17-2003, 08:52 AM
huh :huh:
use what program? klite? why would u wanna use a blank cd with klite, it has no built in burner? And u can't format cdr's only rewritable cds

Amarjit
07-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by ilw@17 July 2003 - 08:52
huh :huh:
use what program? klite? why would u wanna use a blank cd with klite, it has no built in burner? And u can't format cdr's only rewritable cds
What are you on?
He mentioned nothing about K-Lite. He clearly said that whenever he inserts a CD-R in to his CD-RW drive, it says "Function Impossible". Duh! :rolleyes:

dgmortal
07-17-2003, 04:34 PM
You're running Windows XP.....Make sure that you disable the default burning software that is built into Windows XP before trying to use DLA. You can do this by right clicking on the cd drive in explorer and going to properties. Go to the recording tab and uncheck the box next to "Enable CD recording on this drive". Then go to the DLA tab and make sure the box is check to enable DLA. If this doesn't solve the problem, the drive may be incompatible with DLA. But I promise that if you get it working you can format your cd-r media with DLA ;) .