PDA

View Full Version : do i need fsc or revolt?

Polarbear
11-12-2007, 06:16 PM
i made up my mind about this tracker and need a little advice from members.

my question is should i apply for a membership?

here are some thoughts:

content:

what i really don't need is another 0day scene tracker. i'm more than happy with the tracker i have. so as long as there isn't any special content i'd say no regarding the content.
i will not buffer another scene tracker.

community:

i'm on quite a few (so called) high level tracker and most of them have a nice community.
my problem is sometimes i feel a little too old for the topics.
i have a job, a gf and i'm 36.
topics like "rate that chick next door", "how much do you upload" or talk about the newest games is something i'm just not interested in, sorry.

16yo people have other interests than 36yo.
when i was 16 i was playing games as well, but on a commodore 64 :D

i'm looking for general mature bittorrent talk, maybe some mac stuff, tv/movies/music and some fun. (without useless spam topics)

so a more mature forum would probably suit me being old and all :)

please tell me something about the forums there!
how active are they?
i'd prefer advice from people who are active there and know what they are talking about.

back to the topic:

would i benefit from revolt or f++?
convince me!

if it's worth it i may start convincing you ;)

p.s. i don't give a shit how rare f++ is. be honest and don't talk sweet about the tracker just because it's rare and you are a proud level 9 whore.
if you tell me i don't need it - that's perfectly fine for me.

misledhope
11-12-2007, 06:19 PM
im new around revolt but what you are looking for seems to be there.

0Ri0N
11-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Man, there are several interesting free forums around, where you can talk about everything with interesting people. My experience tells me that private trackers userbases are in their majoraty teenagers. Maybe you should try FSC and REVOLT, but you will see more activity in free forums like FileSharingTalk.

zizo85
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
dont have revolt
but FSC have great forum and great staff

psxcite
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I understand exactly what you mean about the "age" situation on some trackers. I'm a bit older than you, and definataly feel my age on some the tracker forums. Threads discussing hot "jailbait", and what 14-15 year old girl they would do, make me weep for other fathers out there.

I, myself, am not concerned. I have a concealed weapon permit, have been an expert marksman since my days in the 101st Airborne, and I will shoot anyone within 10 feet of my little girl. :)

fifty99
11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I think you would benifit from FSC ... I really do ... only problem u may find is that with the userbase so low so is the forum activity ...

Tristan9669
11-12-2007, 07:21 PM
I hate how people are going around saying "I'm looking for a good community". Revolts forums is nothing special compared to any other tracker's forum. I see almost the same topics there that I see everywhere else. I just think people believe revolt has such a "great" community because its so hard to get into and that its mostly know for its forum. If I was you, I would stop chasing for revolt.

SaviouR
11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
what i really don't need is another 0day scene tracker. i'm more than happy with the tracker i have. so as long as there isn't any special content i'd say no regarding the content.

I'll be very frank here . U seem to be genuine with ur request of a Good forum with no intention of downloading/uploading and i'll give a genuine answer . its none of the torrent sites , there are tons of forum sites which are dedicated to music/movies/fun/politics/30+ ages stuff which will suit u much better than looking for a community in the torrent sites . its like finding ppl in caves to play a game of chess with u . the primary intention of coming to a torrent site , atleast 90% of them , is to download stuff , u must have also seen in most of the torrent sites its the almost same ppl speaking around in forums . If u REALLY and Genuniely want ppl of ur age having a good chat there are many forums u can search on the net which can suit ur wavelength .

But

if u want the community "only" in a torrent site , where ur opinions about not downloading *may change* , then the best bet would the ones u mentioned above .

psxcite
11-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Why go searching for a random forum on th net when there are obviously great forums you know of within our commnunity. Revolt has members here on FST, which is one bonus, and most of them there are in the torrent scene - another plus.

Sure there are tons of various forums throughout cyberspace, but there are not that many quality forums which are moderated well with a tight nit group of dedicated users. Users you have alot in common with personally and scene-wise.

SgtMajor
11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
You will find that good & active members belong to both of what you mention, and imo there is no harm in seeking both either, and they will certainly meet the level of maturity you desire.

If I was you, I would make a request in the invite section for both, practically using the template as your OP here as your basis for the request, and I'm sure you will be invited to both places without hesitation, and I know you will fit right in from the off once you get your invite.

Adam1990
11-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't have FSC but I think Revolt is perfect for you. A lot of the members there are much older and they talk about all the things you mentioned.

Artemis
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I too like Sgt Major based on this post believe that the Revolt forum is what you are looking for & FSC too for different reasons. I am sure that the staff of these sites have already seen this thread but I have seen your posts here on FST and they have always been reasoned and helpful, so lets see if we can wake jose from his slumber, he takes a while to wind into gear but he does get around to it! but I for one like Sgt think you would be a good candidate.

Just say jose's name 3 times he's beetlejuice in disguise !

Daniel
11-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I can only talk about revolt ... and you'll find yourself a forum that has mature enough posters, so it might be what you are looking for. You won't be able to escape some immature and pointless threads there either, but you certainly won't encounter new ones every day (like you do here, lol).

Personally, I believe you're thinking in the wrong direction here. The world wide web has dozens of large discussion boards that deal with those topics and some of them are even dedicated at it. With roughly 7.5 million posts in total TWOP (http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/) is by far the largest tv discussion forum I know about and the same is likely to be true for other topics as well. If it's your intention to talk about releases rather than the tv shows or movies themselves, it would be another thing altogether and I wouldn't even know where to start.

josegavara
11-12-2007, 08:51 PM

here are some thoughts:

content:

community:

i'm on quite a few (so called) high level tracker and most of them have a nice community.
topics like "rate that chick next door", "how much do you upload" or talk about the newest games is something i'm just not interested in, sorry.

i'm looking for general mature bittorrent talk, maybe some mac stuff, tv/movies/music and some fun. (without useless spam topics)

how active are they?
i'd prefer advice from people who are active there and know what they are talking about.

back to the topic:

would i benefit from revolt or fsc?
convince me!

p.s. i don't give a shit how rare fsc is. be honest and don't talk sweet about the tracker just because it's rare and you are a proud level 9 whore.

check your pm

DannyGnXz
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
PolarBear, I share the same sentiments as you do. I'm 38 years old, married & 2 kids. Sometimes looking around these forums is like playing high school games. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good content here but you have to read through the spam to find it. I don't mind helping others and pointing them in the right direction, but the younger people have control of the majority of things around here.

I've been looking to get into f********g.*** (FSC) for over a year now. I just can't seem to hook up with the right person yet. And when I ask to get invited into FSC, you get the same answer, keep helping others, build up rep points, etc. and it will come. But honestly I don't get to spend as much time in front of the computer chit chatting away. Much less give out invites to places that I don't have invites to give out for. I help when I can. I seed for as much as possible and maintain great ratios in all of the trackers that I belong to.

One day, PolarBear, we'll get in. But its good to know that I am not alone in feeling the same way as you do.

Tokeman
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
PolarBear, I share the same sentiments as you do. I'm 38 years old, married & 2 kids. Sometimes looking around these forums is like playing high school games. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good content here but you have to read through the spam to find it. I don't mind helping others and pointing them in the right direction, but the younger people have control of the majority of things around here.

I've been looking to get into f********g.*** (FSC) for over a year now. I just can't seem to hook up with the right person yet. And when I ask to get invited into FSC, you get the same answer, keep helping others, build up rep points, etc. and it will come. But honestly I don't get to spend as much time in front of the computer chit chatting away. Much less give out invites to places that I don't have invites to give out for. I help when I can. I seed for as much as possible and maintain great ratios in all of the trackers that I belong to.

One day, PolarBear, we'll get in. But its good to know that I am not alone in feeling the same way as you do.

The one thing that people may not mention is luck. It takes a good deal of it to get an invite to these places. There are far too many worthy people, and not enough invites to go around. I got FSC before I ever knew what it was. I wasn't looking for it, and didn't ask for it, it just came, and I feel that it was all luck. I can't speak for R***** but that is just the way it is at fsc, and I believe that is part of the reason the community is so tight knit.

Still hoping R***** may someday drop from the sky like fsc did for me, but no point in obsessing over it as it may never happen.

SaviouR
11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Why go searching for a random forum on th net when there are obviously great forums you know of within our commnunity. Revolt has members here on FST, which is one bonus, and most of them there are in the torrent scene - another plus.

Sure there are tons of various forums throughout cyberspace, but there are not that many quality forums which are moderated well with a tight nit group of dedicated users. Users you have alot in common with personally and scene-wise.

i knew it someone would answer like this . many feel those forum are some "random" ones since most of the ppl probably never went to some good quality forums and probably obsessed with the torrents and its communities that they never look/havent seen beyond the torrent community .

many say they are random . and thats what those forums/communities may think of the torrent community , Random . they'll have the exact toughts about us torrent ppl , isnt it ? its becos ppl never looked beyond torrents and its sites that ppl never know how much quality and how much tight nit the other forums/places are on the net . they maybe ten times more better community than the torrent sites , one never knows unless one has been there in that place .

Still as i said , if ppl are just looking for a community within the torrent ppl itself , then the places mentioned are probably the best to join .

mrnobody
11-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Depends.

Community

1. Revolt...from what i remember has/had great members. FSC has awesome staff (but that does not mean they have bad members...i haven't been around long to know that).

2. Both tracker have adult hangout place

3. Generally, FSC has 30-40 members logged in (dunno about forum). I don't remember how many users are usually logged in @ revolt...but what i do remember is it's a great place to spam :D ...new posts are made every minute.

Content

1. From what i hear/heard there are/were very few torrents in revolt...most of them are request by it's member. On the other hand, FSC has bunch of torrents based on clubs and general content.

=> Both tracker/ community have something you are looking for and at the same time they have stuff that you do not prefer. In fact, there you will never find a tracker that does not have something you don't need...even that be your own tracker.

==> In my personal opinion, if you are looking for bittorrent community (not clubs, hangout etc) then bittorrent section of FST alone is the best. FST has +10X activty (in bittorrent related stuff only) of all revolt+ all FSC activity. But the only difference is the attitude of members. So, If you are a kind of person who can neglect bad stuff/members and just hangout with good stuff/members, i got good news for ya...more than enough good guys at revolt and fsc are here at FST as well.

MrLazy
11-12-2007, 09:53 PM
FSC is great dude .. I've been trying to get in there for a long time ..they have some of the best staff + their community is awesome ..

Polarbear
11-12-2007, 10:09 PM
thanks for your answers so far. i was lucky and got the chance to check out revolt myself.
(thanks again to jim)

now i would like some more feedback on f++.
comments are good so far, but don't hesitate to give critical feedback.

don't be afraid to post that you don't like f++. i want to hear both sides

btw. don't misunderstand me. this is not a request thread. i'm not "chasing" anything.
i just want to know if f++ would fit my needs and then i will decide wether to look out for an invite or not.

mrnobody
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks for your answers so far. i was lucky and got the chance to check out revolt myself.
(thanks again to jim)

so, do u like revolt? perhaps then i can help.

Polarbear
11-12-2007, 10:20 PM

dear squirrel, my little spamming :P friend. i'm a member there for about an hour!
all i can say is, it has a nice design and a very active forum.

mrnobody
11-12-2007, 10:27 PM

dear squirrel, my little spamming :P friend. i'm a member there for about an hour!
all i can say is, it has a nice design and a very active forum.

told ya the forum is active. FSC is less active than that (i think).

31 more to go...

Tokeman
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
while the general forums may not be as active as r***** (just a guess, not a member there), fsc forums and clubs have plenty of activity for my taste. I also like being able to dl some older stuff there without having to worry about weather or not a leecher will come along eventually.

SgtMajor
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
(thanks again to jim)

now i would like some more feedback on f**.
comments are good so far, but don't hesitate to give critical feedback.

don't be afraid to post that you don't like f**. i want to hear both sides

btw. don't misunderstand me. this is not a request thread. i'm not "chasing" anything.
i just want to know if f** would fit my needs and then i will decide wether to look out for an invite or not.

A gentle word, they hate publicity and any mention of their name, shortened or not, and that is all you have done so far is repeat what they dislike, so I would suggest you now get to know who to know in the place you have just joined and you will learn all you need to know.

If you think you still need to decide, your last paragraph I quoted in this post for instance, then it is not the place for you, yet.

When you are ready, and you get to figure out what I have said, then they will come looking for you.

pro267
11-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Cryptic as always, Sgt, yet mostly correct.

My only note is that they don't have any rules against posting their shortened name. You're more than welcome to ask DV8Type, as he reviewed every sentence in my review of the site, including its title containing the shortened name. Let's not get over paranoid here, trying to hide the initials is not practical.

mrnobody
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
You're more than welcome to ask DV8Type, as he reviewed every sentence in my review of the site, including its title containing the shortened name.

considering the rules of site, i think that's a better choice: ask DV8Type or an existing member of *** but then u would bet limited opinion...or w8 perhaps more actually coz if you look back in this thread many *** user have NOT posted here.

25 more nuts...

supper
11-12-2007, 11:23 PM

here are some thoughts:

content:

community:

how active are they?

back to the topic:

would i benefit from revolt or f++?
convince me!

p.s. i don't give a shit how rare f++ is. be honest and don't talk sweet about the tracker just because it's rare and you are a proud level 9 whore.

Polarbear (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/polarbear-179797) u dont need any of thoses trackers i always tought the point of torrent sites is just download what ever u want games or movies or what ever and just seed back well thats all

but when the torrent sites become just forum its seem to me like a joke or not necessarily almost of torrent forums its just spam and topics with out any meaning

any way i hope no body dont get mad at me coz of this:cry:

SgtMajor
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Cryptic as always, Sgt, yet mostly correct.

My only note is that they don't have any rules against posting their shortened name. You're more than welcome to ask DV8Type, as he reviewed every sentence in my review of the site, including its title containing the shortened name. Let's not get over paranoid here, trying to hide the initials is not practical.

It's not the matter of short or full, as in the staff's eyes, no publicity at all = good publicity.

Still, what's done is done.

Something Else
11-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Do I really need to spam? Yes. I think I do....You need nothing...it's whether you want it or not I suppose.

mrnobody
11-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Polarbear (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/polarbear-179797) u dont need any of thoses trackers i always tought the point of torrent sites is just download what ever u want games or movies or what ever and just seed back well thats all

but when the torrent sites become just forum its seem to me like a joke or not necessarily almost of torrent forums its just spam and topics with out any meaning

i agree about point of torrent sites. However, torrenting is so popular than users seek for hangout places with other fellow torrenters. Meanwhile, they get to know each other, share info about other tracker, and get help/helped.

24?

fOrUmAs
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM
from what i heard before and now,if i could choose and will for sure use FSC...

mrnobody
11-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Do I really need to spam? Yes. I think I do....You need nothing...it's whether you want it or not I suppose.

can't disagree. but then 99% people here say "need" instead of "want"...so i am used to it :)

supper
11-12-2007, 11:50 PM

i agree about point of torrent sites. However, torrenting is so popular than users seek for hangout places with other fellow torrenters. Meanwhile, they get to know each other, share info about other tracker, and get help/helped.

24?thanx for agreeing with me squirr3 but i wont hang out with a torrent fellow and then come back home to chating about torrent sites and how much uk-t or ftwr become rare its torrent freaks relly some ppl here just spend 1 or 2 years 24 hour in the day dont do any thing just torrent and collecting trackers and this is sick the dark side of torrent job:(

mrnobody
11-13-2007, 12:10 AM
thanx for agreeing with me squirr3 but i wont hang out with a torrent fellow and then come back home to chating about torrent sites and how much uk-t or ftwr become rare its torrent freaks relly some ppl here just spend 1 or 2 years 24 hour in the day dont do any thing just torrent and collecting trackers and this is sick the dark side of torrent job:(

lol reminds me of last time when i argued with a real life friends about how torrenting is better than <what is that uk site with online movie again?> and guess what happened? the discussion ended with him calming "torrents have f***ing viruses". By that i mean, torrents n torrenting community have no reality at all...unless RIAA knows my door :lol:

So i guess that serves the purpose of torrenting forum? to accumulate lonely torrenters ;)