PDA

View Full Version : Im a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Jiggles
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Shite or quality TV?

p.s i love the bush tucker trials!!

Something Else
11-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I've never seen it but it sounds appalling. :dabs:

I just got out of Hospital, I was in a speed reading accident..........I hit a bookmark...

Jiggles
11-12-2007, 10:01 PM
I've never seen it but it sounds appalling. :dabs:

I just got out of Hospital, I was in a speed reading accident..........I hit a bookmark...

its not quality TV, but still entertaining, IMO.

why were you in hospital for that?:lol:
i thought you might of got a paper cut in the neck or something.

Jiggles
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
BUSH TUCKER TRIAL!!!!

watch now!!!

Something Else
11-12-2007, 10:11 PM

I was walking my dog around the building.................on the ledge. Some people are afraid of heights, not me, i'm afraid of widths....... :dry:

Sextent
11-12-2007, 10:12 PM
"Reality" TV is crap, all of it. Fucking bread and circuses.

Jiggles
11-12-2007, 10:18 PM
"Reality" TV is crap, all of it. Fucking bread and circuses.

its crap from a technical point of view, but can be entertaining, well to me, because ive got a short attention span.

I was walking my dog around the building.................on the ledge. Some people are afraid of heights, not me, i'm afraid of widths....... :dry:

Why did the Canadian cross the road? He saw some American do it on TV.
( hi kallieb :))

Something Else
11-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I put instant cawfee in to a microwave oven. I almost went back in time :dry:

Biggles
11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
The worst thing about reality TV is the artificiality.

Sextent
11-12-2007, 10:26 PM
its crap from a technical point of view, but can be entertaining,

No, it's just lowest common denominator shite.

To each their own but.

Elysium
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I think its like big brother... As in the first, pushing it second one was actually mildly interesting because it was something new.. Now they've milked it hardcore and suddenly the scum of the earth discovers it as a cheap ass ticket to fake celebrity status.

They're famous, for sure.. But for all the wrong reasons...

bigboab
11-13-2007, 10:12 AM
A bit like the Jeremy Kyle show. Frontal lobotomy required to take part.:)

Something Else
11-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Jeremy Kyle is the fucking anti-christ...

Barbarossa
11-13-2007, 12:41 PM
"I'm an Attention Whore - Watch me degrade myself on Telly"

:yawn:

ghurka
11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
The "celebs" are getting more and more obscure each year. They really have scraped the barrel this year.

Most are there for two reasons....to boost their ego and flagging careers.

I only watch it in the hope that someone will (in order of preference) get eaten by a croc, bitten by a deadly spider or snake, electrocuted by an eel or, through sheer starvation, try eating Janice Dickinson and find she really is made of plastic.

Alien5
11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Malcom McClaren telling the makers they're show is complete crap was the best part. :lol:

Alien5
11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
That won't stop me watching every episode though. :(

Defy
11-13-2007, 04:32 PM
"I'm an Attention Whore - Watch me degrade myself on Telly"

:yawn:

Couldn't have said it better myself. People on reality TV shows sure as hell can't act, and they can't even deal with life going on around them. Ergo, they fail. Amusing at times, but only because they're so stupid. :cool:

kallieb
11-13-2007, 04:39 PM
The most disgusting reality concept/show I heard of was one gem called "Temptation Island". It's premise was to put committed couples and singles on an Island, mix them up in these provocative situations and see if a divide in the couple would occur (ala infidelity).

That this serves as entertainment is more bizarre than the morons who agreed to be on the show.

Alien5
11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
im a dick-ted to reality tv get me a brain transplant. :(

kallieb
11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh they're not all bad!! I like amazing race. That is one that I do get a kick out of and find it interesting and funny. At one point I didn't mind Fear Factor until they made them eat a pig head, or something disgusting like that. I hit the off button at that point.

Alien5
11-13-2007, 05:00 PM
i watch too many to name, Big Brother us, aus, uk. are my favorites. i know im sad.

i watched one episode of amazing race, didn't like the american version, but i watched a whole season of the german version with subs a few years go when i had satellite.

i watch the real world, thats the only mtv show i like at the moment. any show with drunk teenagers fighting all the time is worth watching. :yes:

kallieb
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
The ones I cannot stand are those awful relationship ones: Married by America (supremely ridiculous by all standards), Bachelor, Bachelorette, etc

The slug-em-out-till-the-last-one-standing-is-the-winner shows are not nearly as bad and do have their brilliant moments!

Alien5
11-13-2007, 05:25 PM
If you wanna watch a slug-em-out-till-the-last-one-standing-is-the-winner show. watch the ultimate fighter, the winner gets a ufc contract and the chance to get severe brain damage. :wacko:

kallieb
11-13-2007, 05:52 PM
I saw a bit of that not long ago. Sugar Ray Leonard was hosting. At first I thought it was a regular match up and then realized it was a reality show. You're right about the slug-up. It reminded me of a UFC match. Now those are the ultimate slug-outs. I watched one match a while ago. I think it was UFC 75. Randy Couture literally pancaked his opponent's nose. It was truly painful to watch. You have to marvel at the sheer ferocity and skill of this style of fighting. It's addictive.

Alien5
11-13-2007, 05:59 PM
any fighter prepared to step into the octagon with Randy Couture must be mental.