PDA

View Full Version : why trade?

pomfy
11-13-2007, 03:12 AM
i actually never traded and im very content on the places im at. im curious as to why people trade for the highest lvl trackers like ftwr and ukt if it is completely unnecessary? many have pointed out how bad both those sites are. reaching the top yields no big prize so i just don't get it. content wise level 2,3,4 trackers could have everything you would ever want.

Nemrod
11-13-2007, 03:49 AM
Human being needs reach things, and the most difficult they are, more and more you want them.
Anyway, I think that if somebody or something has a reputation, is because they have something that make them better, or just different.

mrnobody
11-13-2007, 03:50 AM
THE TOP 10 REASONS TO TRADE

ØCONSERVE CASH

ØINCREASE SALES

ØNEW CUSTOMERS

ØNICHE MARKETING

ØNETWORKING LEADS

ØIMPROVED CASH FLOW

ØBOTTOM LINE PERFORMANCE

ØFLEXIBILITY

ØLEVERAGE

ØEXCESS CAPACITY UTILIZED

source: http://www.bartermax.com/top10reasons.htm

also, check
http://internationalecon.com/Trade/Tch30/T30-0.php

seriously, before posting such common questions try this using search feature...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php

Skiz
11-13-2007, 04:58 AM
It's nothing more than a hobby for some people.

arkiebrian
11-13-2007, 06:31 AM
I have to admit...I'd like to see what its all about on those high-level trackers.

I would like to think sharing on some of the more exclusive trackers is sharing...but of course 1 bad apple could spoil the whole bunch.

dave12
11-13-2007, 06:39 AM
some people trade because they are either collectors or to just show off that they have all the high level trackers and traders are not bad , their are guys who are bad here they say they are not traders and when they get invites in giveaways and then they trade that act in other forums and vice versa

sense
11-13-2007, 06:41 AM
You cant get those high levels by trading, that's why we have the "retired" & "anti-trader" people. By trading you are also breaking most trackers rules as well as providing unwanted attention to them.

When you can obtain the low to mid levels easily for free is it really worth trading?

JA
11-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Why trade? Good question..

Why I traded... Because i wanted to get trackers. Back in October last year, WIAW was just starting, there was no "real" ranking on trackers so i just chased everything for fun (yes i know lame) and just for the sake of having that tracker...

After a year in torrenting, theres more to trading and bragging about having some level 10 tracker. For me, community is pretty important, then comes the content. Actually, i only use 1 non-community tracker to get all my torrent needs, the rest i use on the basis of reading articles and finding out stuff and expressing my opinion :P

Voila my life story on torrenting, thanks for the read.

pone44
11-13-2007, 07:21 AM
My question also?? I have 0 elite sites so that seems why( i dont trade!), basically members need to only give invites 2 friends-no trading! Encourage your track's to have a invite thread??

stroj
11-13-2007, 08:13 AM
No WIAW - no high lvl trackers, no hype. Yeah, i traded 2 or 3 times, but not becouse of silly levels, i just wanted to get onto these trackers becouse of content. Now i would prolly try to do things other way, but we cant change the past.

Polarbear
11-13-2007, 08:43 AM
some words on trading:

everybody wants to get high level trackers, which is fair enough because most of them are great by all means.

some people have to trade to get them - some people get them for free.

some want them right away - some are patient.

some get scammed and disabled - some make new friends

some break the trackers' rules - some respect them

some have to use middlemen - some just say thank you

some study the wiaw thread - some study the tracker's forum

some buffer the tracker to get invites - some enjoy the content

i could go on and on.

the great thing about the bt scene is, that almost everything is free.

even the decision if you wanna become a trader or not :)

so every beginner can choose what he wants to be.

i'm sure you will make the right choice.

DannyGnXz
11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Its curiousity...
Its greed...

Its human nature to get something you want.... but at what cost?

Cheffy
11-13-2007, 04:02 PM
90% of the files on TL and reveTT is the same as it is on the lvl 9 trackers.
So you are not missing out on much by being in the lower levels. So why not just respect the trackers rules and get the invites the right way.

Defy
11-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Sometimes I think the only reason people want a high level tracker is because it's so damn exclusive. Curiosity killed the cat.

Patriot foreve
11-13-2007, 04:37 PM
you trade to get to the trackers that you want to use and participate in and think it suits you without the need to beg for it ,at least that's why i used to trade b4

freedom
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
why trade ?

When you are new in something you need start somehow. Also you can't get everything for free and that's why some of us start trading. Back 1 year ago everything here in fst was about trading and sharing - in other words it was a very good community where you really could trust each other.
When you are looking for a good tracker with good contents and community it's very difficult to get in if you have no friends there and you simply can't ask someone in a forum to trust you, so if you are a good trader and also a honest one than you might be a trusted person, after that is more easy to enjoy of some of the great trackers in the world.
Anyway doesn't matter if you are a trader or an anti-trader or else.. only if you are a good member of the community than i think you will fell good.
Now the fst has changed a lot and so i and most of the old traders, maybe because the /trade/ it was only my way to get some trackers and not my objective, also always i believed in this concept of sharing that helps peoples to get closer and having good time together.

:fst:

Patriot foreve
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
why trade ?

When you are new in something you need start somehow. Also you can't get everything for free and that's why some of us start trading. Back 1 year ago everything here in fst was about trading and sharing - in other words it was a very good community where you really could trust each other.
When you are looking for a good tracker with good contents and community it's very difficult to get in if you have no friends there and you simply can't ask someone in a forum to trust you, so if you are a good trader and also a honest one than you might be a trusted person, after that is more easy to enjoy of some of the great trackers in the world.
Anyway doesn't matter if you are a trader or an anti-trader or else.. only if you are a good member of the community than i think you will fell good.
Now the fst has changed a lot and so i and most of the old traders, maybe because the /trade/ it was only my way to get some trackers and not my objective, also always i believed in this concept of sharing that helps peoples to get closer and having good time together.

:fst:

i couldn't have said better than that ,you ahve really hit almosta ll the points