PDA

View Full Version : important question about the same user name

nista
11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
hey is it stupid to use the same user name on different torrent sites or forum sites ? i have different passwortes but more or less the same username on every forum/torrensites just wantet to know what u guys saying about this

DannyGnXz
11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't think its stupid to have the same user names on trackers... But on forums you may want to use a different one to protect your identity some what. But its very smart to keep different passwords just in case of a breech

raj3186
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
if u are an honest person, its not at all bad using the same nick on all the trackers! :)

Actatoi
11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
No it is not stupid. People will just recognize you more. Maybe if you differ in important opinions from one forum/torrent site to another it could get boring for you. On FST it could be that you trade and your name could get recognized and result in a ban.

aysomc
11-13-2007, 03:11 PM
i use this name for forums such as here or revolt but all the trackers im on i use a different name, in total i only have 2 names, this one and the one i use for all my trackers.

nista
11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
thanks for your answers have a ncie day g.

Cmon
11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
if I want to hide from something or don't want people to recognize me, I'll use a different nickname, i think that's all the reason if I want to use a different name :P don't know about you, depend on the purpose I guess

Daniel
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Using different names can be an additional security measure because we all know that trackers aren't always the safest choices when it comes to protect your privacy.

I do have some trackers where my name is the same but I also have other names or name-combinations I used either because my original name was already taken or because I value anonymity. As I'm only taking part in a few tracker communities my username on other sites doesn't really matter ;)

YoYoY
11-13-2007, 04:30 PM
i see no problem with that

Polarbear
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
hey is it stupid to use the same user name on different torrent sites or forum sites ? i have different passwortes but more or less the same username on every forum/torrensites just wantet to know what u guys saying about this

there are tracker staff who hate you for being a member here. even if you haven't done anything wrong.

i think this goes for a tracker that sounds like a codec afaik.

fOrUmAs
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM

its not stupid,i also have few same username on some trackers but not on all of them...:cool:

trevor2000
11-13-2007, 06:49 PM
no it's not stupid, but i personaly use a few usernames and passwords

blackbird
11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
use different names on different trackers.. think about it this way , one tracker gets hacked , the hacker has your username , encrypted password and email .. he might try to use that info to get into trackers with the same username .. much easier to target that way .. and your downloading pirated stuffs which is illegal in most places. so leave no trace.. your anonymity is important ..

Trickology
11-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe I'm paronide I have at least 15 user names with all differnt password I use password coral to keep track of them all.

tedthetank
11-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I generally use the same username but with all different passwords.

Grind$oFine
11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
i use this name for forums such as here or revolt but all the trackers im on i use a different name, in total i only have 2 names, this one and the one i use for all my trackers.

+1

Gish
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
If I told you I would have to kill you!
no..really it should not be a problem

birney29
11-13-2007, 11:38 PM
I generally use the same username but with all different passwords.
me too :D

Night0wl
11-13-2007, 11:56 PM

there are tracker staff who hate you for being a member here. even if you haven't done anything wrong.

i think this goes for a tracker that sounds like a codec afaik.

It does :( The powerwhore of an admin even offered to invite me back if I stopped using FST, but I have friends here, so he can shove his tracker up his ass.

sugam
11-14-2007, 07:19 AM
It depends on what one wants and his personality.

quaero
11-14-2007, 07:53 AM
It's ok to use the same username as long as you use different passwords.

beat
11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I use the same nick on every tracker I'm a member and also on this forum. I figure if you're not doing anything wrong there should be no problems.

Actatoi
11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
use different names on different trackers.. think about it this way , one tracker gets hacked , the hacker has your username , encrypted password and email .. he might try to use that info to get into trackers with the same username .. much easier to target that way .. and your downloading pirated stuffs which is illegal in most places. so leave no trace.. your anonymity is important ..

Well having different names is not doing much for your anonymity if you are on about leaving traces that someone can pick up.

whiteyes
11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
same name , same IP and different passwords:D