Hi guys just seen this offer on a torrentflux hosting plan:

Price per month: $45.00
Disk space: 70GB
Bandwidth: 15TB
FTP Accounts: 1
Active Torrents: 8
Support centre access: Yes
Setup Fee: Free

Plus there is a whole lot of other cheap plans at http://www.br-hosting.com/en/torrentflux.php the plans are at the bottom of the page. Just want people thought on this as the site looks a lil dodgy what are your thoughts? JAK
PS i went to sign up and now it says that the bandwidth is unlimited...

mrnobody
11-14-2007, 01:41 AM
my desktop crashed this week (thankfully didn't lose any files) n currently am seeding via laptop :( So, despite the fact that i wish i could afford seedbox... even $1 is expensive to for me. So considering that it's 45x times expensive lol

SgtMajor
11-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Wow, I might go & learn the utorrent webui after all, there's an unlimited plan for 12 torrents, 70GB hard disk, for like £20 per month :w00t:!!

raj3186
11-14-2007, 02:05 AM
:w00t:

WarrenBuffet
11-14-2007, 02:15 AM
Wtf Nice!!!

arkiebrian
11-14-2007, 02:23 AM
Looks like a heck of a plan to me.

LackOfInterest
11-14-2007, 02:29 AM
There has to be a catch how can you offer 15tb of monthly bandwidth for 45 bucks?

start
11-14-2007, 02:32 AM
There has to be a catch how can you offer 15tb of monthly bandwidth for 45 bucks?

Exactly what I was thinking...It just looks too good to be true.

LackOfInterest
11-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Oh hell, I'll take one for the team, I'm gonna signup for one of the cheaper packages and see how it turns out.

start
11-14-2007, 02:46 AM
Nice, give us a review in a week. Network speed, setup time, etc.

Cheffy
11-14-2007, 02:59 AM
The only thing that seems to be abit off with it is that its only 1 ftp account. And just 8 torrents. Its ofcouse enough. But you are never going to be able to seed 15TB with that amount of torrents. Unless you only are seeding to public sites. And i cant seed the point in paying to seed to public sites :p

Other than that everything seems grate for a seedbox. 70gb is more than enough if you only have 8 torrents you can seed.

arkiebrian
11-14-2007, 03:04 AM

It's not really that outrageous...my website has 10TB of bandwidth and I pay much less than $45 a month...

Oh hell, I'll take one for the team, I'm gonna signup for one of the cheaper packages and see how it turns out.

You're a good man! It will be great to see how this turns out.

WarrenBuffet
11-14-2007, 03:06 AM
The only thing that seems to be abit off with it is that its only 1 ftp account. And just 8 torrents. Its ofcouse enough. But you are never going to be able to seed 15TB with that amount of torrents. Unless you only are seeding to public sites. And i cant seed the point in paying to seed to public sites :p

Other than that everything seems grate for a seedbox. 70gb is more than enough if you only have 8 torrents you can seed.
lol, thats wrong, If u saw the games released on TL this week, wiht 8 of those on a 100mbit if u were the initial seeder u could get 15tb in a month

jandrews404
11-14-2007, 03:25 AM
You'd be better off paying another $25 bucks and get an entry-level LeaseWeb box with a 5Mbps unmetered connection.

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.......

LackOfInterest
11-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Initial Information:

They let you choose your own username and password via email, after i did that it maybe took 30 minutes to have everything setup and working. The email i received shortly after read as follows.

Welcome to Br-Hosting! Your account Information:

Torrentflux Package #4 - 40GB

Hostname: http://*****.thetorrentfile.org :unsure:
Login: ******
Password: *****

FTP Login Information

Hostname: me****.thetorrentfile.org :unsure:
Login: ******@thetorrentfile.org
Password: ******

Thank you very much for choose Br-hosting!!

Please contact us back if you have any concerns.

Best regards.

After logging to torrentflux in it seems that each part of the dedicated server is divided up amongst 10 people http://imageupload.se/files/071114/9204firstlook.JPG

To play it safe I am testing it out by downloading the latest release of fedora because I'm very paranoid :yup: Granted it is on a public tracker so the speeds may not be that great but it should give me an idea of what I'm dealing with for speeds. Also highest downspeed so far
http://imageupload.se/files/071114/2883speed.JPG
I have yet to figure out how to login to their ftp server because when I do, no files show up so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to PM me or leave a post here. Also any other questions about the company can you can pm or post them here and I can try my best to answer them

*edit* Nevermind I figured out the ftp. It helps when you start downloading something first :P
*edit 2* I'll post another update on stuff tomorrow when I wakeup, also the speed thing so far is no issue. After having the same torrent on my vectoral box open for the same time (and ya you may be connected to different peers blah blah) i was seeing relatively the same speeds. If anyone knows of a good torrent i can use to test the speeds or something of that nature please let me know

ose
11-14-2007, 04:44 AM
LackOfInterest (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/lackofinterest-128207) who cares about dl speed - only upload speed that meters :P

IGetMoney
11-14-2007, 05:49 AM
damn i can do 45 a month lol...so how would this work im new to this you order it from the site and they ship to you and you just hook it up or what i checked the site i dont know if they ship to Canada can someone help me out please..PM me or answer here ..Thankss

JA
11-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Looks very interesting, tell me how it goes :P

Bucktoof
11-14-2007, 08:13 AM
That is a damn good deal, hopefully the speed manages to stay high over a while.

Is it a shared connection? If it is, that would slow it down when more people are using it right?

JA
11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Initial Information:

They let you choose your own username and password via email, after i did that it maybe took 30 minutes to have everything setup and working. The email i received shortly after read as follows.

Welcome to Br-Hosting! Your account Information:

Torrentflux Package #4 - 40GB

Hostname: http://*****.thetorrentfile.org :unsure:
Login: ******
Password: *****

FTP Login Information

Hostname: me****.thetorrentfile.org :unsure:
Login: ******@thetorrentfile.org
Password: ******

Thank you very much for choose Br-hosting!!

Please contact us back if you have any concerns.

Best regards.

After logging to torrentflux in it seems that each part of the dedicated server is divided up amongst 10 people http://imageupload.se/files/071114/9204firstlook.JPG

To play it safe I am testing it out by downloading the latest release of fedora because I'm very paranoid :yup: Granted it is on a public tracker so the speeds may not be that great but it should give me an idea of what I'm dealing with for speeds. Also highest downspeed so far
http://imageupload.se/files/071114/2883speed.JPG
I have yet to figure out how to login to their ftp server because when I do, no files show up so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to PM me or leave a post here. Also any other questions about the company can you can pm or post them here and I can try my best to answer them

*edit* Nevermind I figured out the ftp. It helps when you start downloading something first :P
*edit 2* I'll post another update on stuff tomorrow when I wakeup, also the speed thing so far is no issue. After having the same torrent on my vectoral box open for the same time (and ya you may be connected to different peers blah blah) i was seeing relatively the same speeds. If anyone knows of a good torrent i can use to test the speeds or something of that nature please let me know
Use a public torrent :P

weenden
11-14-2007, 09:33 AM
looks good, but ill see how it goes after a week

stroj
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
How come, when you click order, package #5 have different specifics as on homepage?
http://xs221.xs.to/xs221/07463/br.PNG

It says 12 torrents and unlimited BW for same price as #5.

Cheffy
11-14-2007, 10:55 AM

lol, thats wrong, If u saw the games released on TL this week, wiht 8 of those on a 100mbit if u were the initial seeder u could get 15tb in a month

If you are the first seeder i doubt you are going to get 15TB up on any of the games. But i mentioned a public site. And TL is as close to public you get without going public :)
You might, notice might be able to get 15TB is you only go for TL and ReveTT. Since it so easy to seed too those sites.

And to the guys that have bought this: could you please see if its possible to FXP from that FTP. Kinda doubt it since it says FTP downloads are not counted in the stats.

Saroman
11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
15TB Bandwidth means Up and Down rite..??
i.e no more than 15TB is allowed in a month..?
How do we know what the speed is ? i.e it will be a waste if they give slow connection and so much HDD space i.e 70 GB..

besides can anyone xplain concept of this Unmetered thing..??

**PS :- I am kinda new to Seedbox thingy..So kindly bear with my stupid questions :)

Brandon
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM

Easy. Just put 45 people on one server :P

beat
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Easy. Just put 45 people on one server :P

:wave:

LackOfInterest
11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
That is a damn good deal, hopefully the speed manages to stay high over a while.

Is it a shared connection? If it is, that would slow it down when more people are using it right?

Yes it is, I currently have 10 people on the same server as I have. Also I have been seeding the linux distro I downloaded last night since this morning, about 5 hours ago and have only uploaded 56 megabytes :ermm: My crappy home dsl connection is faster than this! So far I am really not impressed at all:frusty:

sexydingo
11-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Man, that sucks. Give it some more time, maybe it'll improve. Its such a good deal, almost had to be too good to be true.

heis
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
nice of u LackOfInterest (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/lackofinterest-128207) to test it and giving us a review, but why censoring the host if it's visible on your screens anyway :P

LackOfInterest
11-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Just a quick update: There are now 13 people using the one server I am on, as of now I don't see how the speeds can improve at all, but theres always a possibility I guess. My thoughts: Go Dedicated or Go Home :P

sperm
11-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Our servers are hosted in Germany, a country that offers stable networks and the best technologic datacenters.

is their a germany in the usa? :lol:

layeredtech servers :ermm:

DjDjazzer
11-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Hi guys just seen this offer on a torrentflux hosting plan:

Price per month: $45.00
Disk space: 70GB
Bandwidth: 15TB
FTP Accounts: 1
Active Torrents: 8
Support centre access: Yes
Setup Fee: Free

Plus there is a whole lot of other cheap plans at http://www.br-hosting.com/en/torrentflux.php the plans are at the bottom of the page. Just want people thought on this as the site looks a lil dodgy what are your thoughts? JAK
PS i went to sign up and now it says that the bandwidth is unlimited...

Actually, great service! I know owners personaly, nice folks!

100% Works, Stability, Great Speed, No Hidden Costs!

Brandon
11-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Our servers are hosted in Germany, a country that offers stable networks and the best technologic datacenters.

:lol:
Common sense guys. If it looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is :P The way they get you is by offering such an amazing deal, and you get strung in to test it for a month, they make profit, and the cycle goes on again the next month. Simple bait and switch!
Unless they offer a money back guarantee, there's a catch ;)

I love being a Business Major :D

piratex
11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
lol brandon you just spilled out the top trade secret :P

Ghost+Rider
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM

:lol:
Common sense guys. If it looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is :P The way they get you is by offering such an amazing deal, and you get strung in to test it for a month, they make profit, and the cycle goes on again the next month. Simple bait and switch!
Unless they offer a money back guarantee, there's a catch ;)

I love being a Business Major :D

:smoke:

Fibre
11-18-2007, 12:30 AM
15tb for 45 USD doesn't exist. Don't get conned again.

chillincool
11-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Would be fine if there wasn't 13 people. TF really shouldn't have more than 3-4 users. Ram lags like a bitch anyways. Need moar rtorrent.

Scavenger
11-18-2007, 06:24 AM
And the bandwitch is poor when u have more users :-/ .

JA
11-18-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.ardown.com/SB.JPG
Save your money or donate it to me. Its not worth it.

nbo
11-18-2007, 01:43 PM
wow my 256k connection does better work than that:D

aysomc
11-18-2007, 02:16 PM
wow i won one of these but everytime i hear about it, people just say how garbage the upload speeds are, i guess i'll have to find a seedbox elsewhere. i wish fios was available around me so i could get their 20/20 package and be done with these shitty speed problems that comcast has.