PDA

View Full Version : filesharing promotes movie - the "man from earth" success story

Polarbear
11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Eric D. Wilkinson and I am the producer of a small independent film called “Jerome Bixby’s The Man From Earth” (our review).
I am sending you this email after realizing that our website has had nearly 23,000 hits in the last 12 days, much of it coming from your website. In addition, our trailer, both on the www.manfromearth.com site and other sites like YouTube, MySpace and AOL has been watched nearly 20,000 times AND what’s most impressive is our ranking on IMDb went from being the 11,235th most popular movie, to the 5th most popular movie in 2 weeks (we are also the #1 independent film on IMDb & the #1 science fiction film on IMDb). How did this all happen? Two words: Torrent / File Sharing sites (well, four words and a slash).
More specifically, RLSLOG.net. Our independent movie had next to no advertising budget and very little going for it until somebody ripped one of the DVD screeners and put the movie online for all to download. After that happened, people were watching it and started posting mostly all positive reviews on IMDb, Amazon and other places. Most of the feedback from everyone who has downloaded “The Man From Earth” has been overwhelmingly positive. People like our movie and are talking about it, all thanks to piracy on the net!
Am I upset… surprisingly no. Thanks to everyone who has downloaded this torrrent and watched the film, our awareness level is through the roof. For that I say, “THANK YOU”!
What you guys have done here is nothing short of amazing. In the future, I will not complain about file sharing. YOU HAVE HELPED PUT THIS LITTLE MOVIE ON THE MAP!!!! When I make my next picture, I just may upload the movie on the net myself!

right on, finally somebody got it. it's actually a good movie and you should support those guys for their open mind and their good spirit.

download the movie and spread the word

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=146843614&blogID=328096444

http://torrentfreak.com/producer-thanks-pirates-for-stealing-his-film-071113/

this will give some mpaa guys sleepless nights :D

we should stand up and give those guys a big round of applause!

Bo0ddha
11-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Was a great movie.

freedom
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
i think i will watch this movie :D

Cheffy
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Man i have to download this movie right now and go rate it..
Love this guy!

When I make my next picture, I just may upload the movie on the net myself!

If its any good ill actually buy it since this guy is so awesome!

R3c0n
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Doesnt look bad at all :D I am also going to download this movie right now, and rate it on imdb.

psxcite
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Yep, great flick with some well one actors in supporting roles. Great dialogue and an interesting story. I grabbed the screener off usenet a while back and loved it.

melatonin
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
naive guy, soon he'll be selling invites here to get a new camera for his next flick :P

Tokeman
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
naive guy, soon he'll be selling invites here to get a new camera for his next flick :P
did you even read the post?!? I think you missed something...

ADELA
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
i think i just heard the mpaa take a dump!

Patriot foreve
11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
going to download the movie now ,hope it turns to be agood one not acreepy low budget movie

Actatoi
11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Ofcourse piracy can be good for a small independent movie. But when and if he gets big he will realize he lose a hell lot money on us and then it will not be just as fun for him.

Sylar666
11-14-2007, 04:31 PM
I watched it some time ago. I loved that one. A must for real sci-fi fans.