PDA

View Full Version : Just been burgled

Cheese
11-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Bastards came into the house whilst we were asleep, so far the damage is:

Laptop
Wii (minus sensor bar and power supply)
Resident Evil 4 (I will never get around to playing this game...)
Old MP3 player
Crabgirl's handbag
Crabgirl's new coat (most important)

Cheese
11-14-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm going to snap someone's arm like a twig.

Barbarossa
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Fuck :(

That's really depressing, still no-one got hurt that's the main thing :(

Hope you're both OK, and you get the new coat back :(

Mr. Mulder
11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
That's well gay :no:

are you insured?

Alien5
11-14-2007, 12:56 PM
:o Damn, I was burgled a few years ago, I found out who it was, It was someone who knew there was nobody home that day (i stupidly told him) ...so i got him back in more ways than one, karma got to him too, a few years later he smashed his motorbike into a lamp post at fucknoes MPH. he walks with a limp now, you shouldn't laugh at things like that but he was a piece of shit.

Cheese
11-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Not insured, hasn't been a priority with all the other expenses of moving home.

The laptop had just been fixed by my mate Al and probably wouldn't have lasted much longer and the tangle of wires behind my TV saved my Wii's power cable and sensor bar.

Most importantly for me was that my Alan Shearer signed NUFC top for my 30th is still here.

Alien5
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Burglers are thick, they take the electrical goods and leave the rare antiques and collectibles. :fuckingidiots:

Barbarossa
That's good news, that means we can narrow down the search for the culprits to all non-Newcastle United fans :sly:

Barbarossa
Burglers are thick, they take the electrical goods and leave the rare antiques and collectibles. :fuckingidiots:

Did they leave all your rare antiques and collectibles, chebus? :blink:

Alien5
11-14-2007, 01:00 PM
:lol: at least the never took the bed you were sleeping in, that would have pissed me orf. :@

100%
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Motherfuckers.
The laptop sounds like the main damage and what was in crabbies bag.
Maybe it's good you didn't wake.
Had that happen to me 2 times, makes sleeping awkward. uber sensitive to sounds.

3rd time i caught one of them, fucking junkies. told him to bring the shit back or i call the cops. He came back next day and gave me a video projector.
Logic?

Alien5
11-14-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah it was prob some fuckin smackhead.

Cheese
11-14-2007, 01:05 PM
They pulled out my modded PS2 to get to the Wii, I'd say a modded PS2 is worth more but meh. Must have had a torch as they missed my new MP3 player and bank cards which were on the mantle-piece.

At least they didn't steal my internets . . .

Something Else
11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Bastards. I hope they get teh bad aids.

100%
11-14-2007, 01:32 PM
How did they get in?

Mr. Mulder
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
did your neighbours see anything suspicious? like a man leaving your place in a black and white striped jumper with a huge bag over his shoulder marked swag?

Snee
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Sorry about the stuff, cheebus. Good that neither of you was hurt, though.

did your neighbours see anything suspicious? like a man leaving your place in a black and white striped jumper with a huge bag over his shoulder marked swag?

Just because someone is a snappy dresser doesn't make him a burgular. Racist.

CrabGirl
11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
The thing I'm most angry and upset about is that they came in to our house when we were sleeping. I'm glad I didn't wake up as they would have faced a raging, probably naked, woman and someone, probably me, would have gotten hurt. I'm really pissed off at my new coat, my MP3 player, which although old was full of really good stuff that I'd just sorted out, my purse with all my cards and stuff in, and my bloody work diary, which shows my movements for the next four weeks. Fucking dirty junky scum.

Proper Bo
11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
If only you lived with captain asda and not cheebus, he would have saved the day:no:

Alien5
11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
have you got a paypal - we can all send you a fiver say, then at least you can buy one of the items back. or is this a stupid idea :unsure:

Barbarossa
11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Check out my ebay auctions, I currently have for sale

Laptop (for spares or repair)
Nintendo Wii (no sensor bar or power supply unfortunately)
Resident Evil 4
MP3 player (old)
1 lady's handbag
1 lady's coat (slightly soiled)

:whistling

Skweeky
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
They took CB's NEW coat????

That's just criminal :angry:

CrabGirl
11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
RIP New Coat. Please strangle whomever is currently getting the benifit of your beautiful fur lining.

Fake Fur obviously.

http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/image/BlacksLeisureGroup/05072334?&resMode=bilin&op_usm=1.1,0.5,0,0&rgn=0,0,3606,3606&scl=14.03112840466926&fmt=jpeg&id=2kAzc5EBrWS0QlKYebg7nI

Alien5
11-14-2007, 06:47 PM
my mum just said 'are you looking at ebay'? i told her what happened, she said, oh no!:o :no:

CrabGirl
11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Awww thanks Aliens mum! I'm waiting for the lock changy people to arrive at the moment as guess what else the fuckers took.

Skweeky
11-14-2007, 06:54 PM
They took your locks??! :mellow:

Sextent
11-14-2007, 07:07 PM
That's awful but don't let the bastards grind you down.

The worst thing is if this was Canadia they'd have bee identified, caught, beaten up, arrested, tried, convicted and taken to prison by now.

Fucking English law.

CrabGirl
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM

The worst thing is if this was Canadia they'd have bee identified, caught, beaten up, arrested, tried, convicted and taken to prison by now.

Fucking English law.

The police were great today but I have absolutely no confidence we'll get anything back. Dirty pikey evil little scagheads. I'm never being in this house on my own again, let alone going to sleep with no one else here. :blink:

Snee
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM

Fucking English law.

It's 'cos of all that time they save by not hunting people wot do filesharing, innit?

Sextent
11-14-2007, 07:19 PM

Fucking English law.

The police were great today but I have absolutely no confidence we'll get anything back. Dirty pikey evil little scagheads. I'm never being in this house on my own again, let alone going to sleep with no one else here. :blink:

The chances of getting anything back are fairly slim mate. Unless you find the pub they are selling it in and go buy it yourself. The Police will file a report and give it a number but that's pretty much to allow you to make an insurance claim, which you won't be.

More importantly, get good locks on the doors and windows. Possibly even a wee simple security system. Door / window opening sensors or something like that, you can get wireless and it's dead easy to install. The crime prevention Officer will tell you what you need.

However do not let them terrorise you in your home. You can easily make it secure enough that opportunist burglars (which these obviously were) won't even bother. I know you are upset just now, but don't let these cunts affect your life in any way.

Sextent
11-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Other than the locks.

Sextent
11-14-2007, 07:20 PM
And wee alarm.

CrabGirl
11-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Mate I'll be getting tripwires and dogs and sleeping with a shotgun in the future. I'm really mad at their audacity and although I realise it was nothing personal, opportunists being opportunistic, I can't help but feel it on a personal level, especially as we were here when they were poking about my house. I've got my exams tomorrow for work and my concentration is in bits. Fucking fuckertards.

Plus now I have to pay a small fortune that I dont have to change all the locks and get new front door keys cut for the entire house, not just my flat.

I swear I'm mad enough to rip the arms off the cunts and beat them to death with them.

Gripper
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I'll be sending some bad vibes their way,scaggy bastards. :(

Mr. Mulder
11-14-2007, 07:39 PM
i hope your coat doesn't fit them and they have to return it, How foolish they'll look then Bwa Ha! :snooty:

Sextent
11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Mate I'll be getting tripwires and dogs and sleeping with a shotgun in the future. I'm really mad at their audacity and although I realise it was nothing personal, opportunists being opportunistic, I can't help but feel it on a personal level, especially as we were here when they were poking about my house. I've got my exams tomorrow for work and my concentration is in bits. Fucking fuckertards.

Plus now I have to pay a small fortune that I dont have to change all the locks and get new front door keys cut for the entire house, not just my flat.

I swear I'm mad enough to rip the arms off the cunts and beat them to death with them.

You are understandably both upset and angry, it would be un-natural for you not to be and you're quite right. All I am saying is that once that natural reaction is over don't let these cunts spoil you being comfortable in your own home. You may have to take some extra precautions but what's more important is your peace of mind and quality of life.

Snee
11-14-2007, 07:44 PM

Hang some fish-hooks from the ceiling. At lip-, or possibly crotch-, height. Stick some rat-traps, big ones, below the windows. Have some bells attached to the same lines as the fish-hooks, like. Their struggling to get loose will make a pleasing sound, that way.

And anyways, forget the shotgun, what you want to do is bog them down enough so you can smack the hell out of them with a frying pan.

Gripper
11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
6inch nails hammered through a board and placed under a window wurks.

CrabGirl
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM

You are understandably both upset and angry, it would be un-natural for you not to be and you're quite right. All I am saying is that once that natural reaction is over don't let these cunts spoil you being comfortable in your own home. You may have to take some extra precautions but what's more important is your peace of mind and quality of life.

I utterly agree. I'm so not going to let anyone do that to me. I'm not the type to lay down and roll over as I think you'll understand.

Snees suggestion is also fantastic. I will be baiting the back stairs with fishhooks and broken glass.

I'd only just moved a plethora of empty wine bottles from in front of the back door for recycling. If I'd left them there they'd have tripped up on them and caused a hell of a noise.

Damn environmental consiance.

Alien5
11-14-2007, 08:11 PM
those are some good ideas there Snee, anything that makes noise when people approach is a good deterrent, we have a big bright shiney light thingy that blinds the Jehovah's witness people when they arrive at the front.

Skiz
11-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I may have missed it, but how did they get in? Unlocked door?

CrabGirl
11-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Not really sure honey at the moment.

Biggles
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Bummer - that kind of thing is so unsettling - it is not just the theft it is violation of personal space.

kallieb
11-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. It is a total violation. It can make one feel angry, invaded and vulnerable all at the same time

j2k4
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
My sympathies over your losses, especially your coat, CG (I'll bet you looked a billion in it).

You might purchase an alarm dog; they often make more noise than wine bottles.

A dog, augmented by a used chebus sock hanging from every door/window, ought to do the trick. :whistling

Sextent
11-14-2007, 09:40 PM
My sympathies over your losses, especially your coat, CG (I'll bet you looked a billion in it).

You might purchase an alarm dog; they often make more noise than wine bottles.

Yeah, punch your cat on the snout for being pish.

Hairbautt
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
How the hell did they use honey to get in?

weenden
11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
dude getting robbed sucks someone had to see something no one comes into a house with no one seeing you have to ask everyone and to top it off its probably a neighbor

weenden
11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
im up for sending a 20 spot if you have paypal

Lilmiss
11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
What fecking cretins! Although it's sickening that they were in your space, thank gawd nothing happened to either of you. Do you think it was someone you know or just a random chancer?

My Grandma keeps a baseball bat next to her bed just incase anyone breaks in, even though she doesn't have the strength to pick it up. Makes me laugh, but at least she feels a bit safer.

Don't suppose you are a size 12 CG? I just got a new brown fake fur jacket cos it didn't fit me cousin, and it looks stupid on me. :unsure:

Proper Bo
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
She's also got a red bodywarmer going spare:pinch:

Lilmiss
11-14-2007, 11:07 PM
That's in the Oxfam bag, along with a digi-box. :pinch:

Proper Bo
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
:o

CrabGirl
11-15-2007, 12:04 AM
All of you are lovely, and thank you for your kind words and offers. We're just chalking it all up to experience, putting some more security measures in place, getting bloody house insurance, and saving to replace what we lost.

@lilmiss, cheers chick, I bet it's lovely, unfortunately my boobs increase the sizeage somewhat. Makes finding frocks a bit difficult!
@Bo. What's wrong with a red bodywarmer you nazi???

Proper Bo
11-15-2007, 12:05 AM
All of you are lovely, and thank you for your kind words and offers. We're just chalking it all up to experience, putting some more security measures in place, getting bloody house insurance, and saving to replace what we lost.

@lilmiss, cheers chick, I bet it's lovely, unfortunately my boobs increase the sizeage somewhat. Makes finding frocks a bit difficult!
@Bo. What's wrong with a red bodywarmer you nazi???

Nothing at all, I keep telling her wear it. Ungrateful coo got it for her birthday off her gran or someone and she refused to even try it on.

Lilmiss
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Fair enough, but if you shrink.... ;)

Me Gran got me body warmer from the Avon freebies.
I may burn it for warmth instead.

CrabGirl
11-15-2007, 12:12 AM

I know the one. Burn it. :pinch:

Then stamp on the ashes and burn them again.

Bo may you be damned for requesting it even touches her skin.

Lilmiss
11-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Would a Digi-box help your troubles at all, CG? :pinch:

CrabGirl
11-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Thanks for the offer hon but that's one thing they left!

I swear they had no method in their stealage. They left his mp3 player alone and took my bigger, fuller but ultimately crapper one. Sexists!

Proper Bo
11-15-2007, 12:19 AM

I know the one. Burn it. :pinch:

Then stamp on the ashes and burn them again.

Bo may you be damned for requesting it even touches her skin.

But it would make me laugh, and that's what's important:snooty:

Proper Bo
11-15-2007, 12:20 AM

Hoi, it's not my fault you live in the middle of nowhere and can't get any TV signal:snooty:

I did offer to take it away and get you something else:snooty:

CrabGirl
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Think you should wear it as penance bo. And post pics.

Lilmiss
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Bahs. I hope you do awight in your test tomorrow, don't let the bastards get ya down.

Best of. :happy:

Proper Bo
11-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Think you should wear it as penance bo. And post pics.
Does cheebus know you're asking actual proper real geordies for pics?:o

Lilmiss
11-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Hoi, it's not my fault you live in the middle of nowhere and can't get any TV signal:snooty:

You bought it for yerself, ya knob. :mellow:

CrabGirl
11-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Humph. I had Geordies untold giving me their phone no last week. "Haway pet, Here's me number! Coome for a PINT like"

Jesus you lot talk wierd.

Proper Bo
11-15-2007, 12:24 AM

You bought it for yerself, ya knob. :mellow:

:O:O:O

I did not!1:O

Just because it would have let me watch TV all day while you were at work does not mean it was for me!:snooty:

CrabGirl
11-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Bahs. I hope you do awight in your test tomorrow, don't let the bastards get ya down.

Best of. :happy:

Thank you so much sweetpea. I'm off to bed now. I Think himself is staying up all night with a shotgun across his knees AKA the waltons gone bad. :D

weenden
11-15-2007, 12:28 AM
well crabgirl if you need let me no and if your renting see if the land lord has insurance it may cover you or you should have said the stuff was in your car and get from the car insurance people seriously if you need set a paypal acct i can help as will others

Lilmiss
11-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Just because it would have let me watch TV all day while you were at work does not mean it was for me!:snooty:

:ermm: :pinch:

Me Pops is a decent, hardworking norvener btw.
Again, g'lucks chucks. Let us know how ya go. :happy:

brotherdoobie
11-15-2007, 04:26 AM
I've rounded up a crew of Canadian thugs, a case of Molson, and me trusty dog Molly (we are heading to the airport now).

Justice will be served...soon.

-bd :01:

Chip Monk
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Mon the Canadians.

Mathea
11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Wow, really sorry to hear what all happened. And with you at home too. I've been there, and like someone said before, as hard as it might be, you have to just fix up some security thing, so that the person/people that took your stuff don't also make off with your sense of comfort and security in your own home. Besides losing material objects, its a violaion of your personal space, so you have to take that back. I know it wont replace things, but remember that neither of you were hurt, which is a blessing.

On another note, do consider getting a dog. If that's something you want and have time for. And keep in mind it needn't be a giant beast of a dog.... really any that you want would help, in that they are more alert, and are sure to alert you as well. I have a chihuahua, which at seven pounds can hardly do damage to a newspaper, let alone a burglar.... but he does bark when someone knocks or tries to get in the door at all... and that alone could be enough to deter someone from entering, or at least alert you that there is someone there.

Again, sorry to hear about what all happened, but im glad to hear you both are safe and uninjured.

Alien5
11-16-2007, 02:25 AM
dogs do have a sixth sense.

http://www.drbeetle.homestead.com/sixth.html

kallieb
11-16-2007, 04:42 AM
We have Canadian thugs!?!?!

I bet they are all brandishing hockey sticks. I suggest, in order to go incognito, have them pull their toques down over their face, just remind them to cut eye holes out or else they'll be bumping into each other!!!

Just remember...Don't piss off the Canadians. We can become very rude when pushed!

Jiggles
11-16-2007, 05:03 AM
We have Canadian thugs!?!?!

I bet they are all brandishing hockey sticks. I suggest, in order to go incognito, have them pull their toques down over their face, just remind them to cut eye holes out or else they'll be bumping into each other!!!

Just remember...Don't piss off the Canadians. We can become very rude when pushed!

i agree, but no one pushes you, your just rude.

Cheese
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
FFS. I took yesterday off so the locksmith could come and change the locks, fucker never turned up and then lied saying he had been phoning my landline all day. So now I'm losing another day's holiday on the off chance the locksmith decides to call around today. All the while a set of my current house keys are floating round Plymouth meaning I can't leave the flat.

Thanks for everybody's kind words. :)

100%
11-16-2007, 11:41 AM
It is actually quite easy to change a lock....

Chip Monk
11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
For a poet.

Cheese
11-16-2007, 01:39 PM
It is actually quite easy to change a lock....

Is it anything like changing a light bulb? Can't do that either. :(

Something Else
11-16-2007, 01:46 PM
It's a wee bit trickier than a lightbulb :yes:

Gripper
11-16-2007, 02:41 PM
If I lived closer I'd pop round and do it for you,ffs Cheese get some DIY skillz.

Gripper
11-16-2007, 02:49 PM
This would be Cheese and CG's dawg.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/pretend.gif

Cheese
11-16-2007, 06:33 PM
The locksmiths have just arrived. :01:

Hairbautt
11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Stop posting and go deal with'em then.

Cheese
11-16-2007, 06:44 PM
They can let themselves in ffs, they're bloody locksmiths . . .

Hairbautt
11-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh that's true. :(

Sextent
11-16-2007, 10:56 PM
They can let themselves in ffs, they're bloody locksmiths . . .

:lol::earl:

And also they burgled your house to get your stuff, so they have a key.

With the additional bonus that they get you to pay for changing the locks and they keep a spare key for the new locks.

It's a win win win.

j2k4
11-16-2007, 11:19 PM
It's a wee bit trickier than a lightbulb :yes:

True...for those tremble at the sight of a loose bulb or an empty socket...or are perhaps frozen unto total immobility by the word "screw".

If I lived closer I'd pop round and do it for you,ffs Cheese get some DIY skillz.

Me, too, and, like, really, mon. :whistling

Skweeky
11-17-2007, 08:17 AM
DIY Kev? You?

Fascinating

Cheese
11-17-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm going to put up a security light and a bolt on the back gate next week. I mean, I'm going to get my mate, Big Hands Al, to do it.

Mr. Mulder
11-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Big Hands Al >*

sleepyy
11-17-2007, 11:38 AM
What idiot would dare come into your house while the people are at home i'm supprised or did i miss something in life.

I know the feeling it happend while i was out for a few i purchased a big dog it's a good deterrent it's been trained to to pick up stray food or take it from anyone but me.

S!X
11-17-2007, 12:23 PM
That's really depressing

Everything is depressing.

Cheese
11-17-2007, 12:41 PM
That's really depressing

Even clown hookers?

S!X
11-17-2007, 12:44 PM

Even clown hookers?

I suppose :blink::dabs:

enoughfakefiles
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Clown hookers>*

enoughfakefiles
11-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Sad to here about the burglary chebus. We were burgled last march and it did my girlfriends head in that much we moved :(

They caught the bloke who did it but let him off cause he spent a couple of weeks on remand :angry:

CrabGirl
11-17-2007, 02:01 PM
People keep asking me if I'm going to move. Hell no. I mean it's bad enough that they've fecked my life up for a few weeks and taken stuff I cant afford to replace but they are not houding me out of my home.

I do feel far more vulnerable and much less at ease at home now though. I keep feeling like people are watching me but I suppose this will pass in time.

Hairbautt
11-17-2007, 02:56 PM
That's really depressing

:emo: Fo' real.

Busyman™
11-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Bastards came into the house whilst we were asleep, so far the damage is:

Laptop
Wii (minus sensor bar and power supply)
Resident Evil 4 (I will never get around to playing this game...)
Old MP3 player
Crabgirl's handbag
Crabgirl's new coat (most important)

That's pretty fucked up cheeb. :( I've only been robbed once (of some video games) when I was 17 (I caught who did it) but I know how it feels.

The new locks should do it. However, it would have been better for you to change your own locks.

Adding a deadbolt would help also.

I've seen a cheap security system where it mounts on doors and windows and when one is opened, it (each unit) lets off a high-pitched irritating whistle....much loike how GayPaul's voice sounds whilst being....well, GayPaul.

@CG - a shotgun won't do anything but put more holes in your walls. Get a handgun instead. :devil:

Sextent
11-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Quality random meaningless abuse, you're a class act

Busyman™
11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Quality random meaningless abuse, you're a class act

You know I luh ya like my stepmom's stepcousin. :wub:

Alien5
11-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Busyman This happened 3 days ago, and handguns are illegal over here.

Sextent
11-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Then gibberish, it's like Oscar Wilde has joined the forum.

CrabGirl
11-17-2007, 09:52 PM

What about tazers?

Alien5
11-17-2007, 09:54 PM
yeah wotever tuns you on :)

Sextent
11-17-2007, 09:55 PM

What about tazers?

Also illegal mate.

CrabGirl
11-17-2007, 09:55 PM
yeah wotever tuns you on :)

Burning hair..... yehh!!! :wub:

CrabGirl
11-17-2007, 09:59 PM
What about tazers?

Also illegal mate.

I don't want to mate with them. :pinch:

Sextent
11-17-2007, 10:02 PM
:drummer:

j2k4
11-17-2007, 11:39 PM
DIY Kev? You?

Fascinating

Yeah, me, and yes, yes I am. :whistling

Skweeky
11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Hmmm... my bathroom door needs fixing and my hubbie isn't here

Would you mind popping over?

Sextent
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM
"My bathroom door needs fixing"

Ooer missus.

Gripper
11-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Hmmm... my bathroom door needs fixing and my hubbie isn't here

Would you mind popping over?

:01:
On me way:naughty:

:pinch:Umm....where am I coming.

Gripper
11-18-2007, 01:06 PM
:w00t:

I'm coming Skweeky,just let me grab me tools.

:pinch Um...where is it again???

Alien5
11-18-2007, 01:12 PM
i think im lost. . . this the 'Carry on' thread? :unsure:

Skweeky
11-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Cumbernauld

Shouldn't be more than a 4 hour drive for you :lol:

Sextent
11-18-2007, 03:16 PM
i think im lost. . . this the 'Carry on' thread? :unsure:

Well it is about buglery.