PDA

View Full Version : I Thought Of A New Future Feature 4 Utorrent!

tweakz
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Don't u just hate it when u download something and find out it's crap, or u just don't even want it? Well i don't think it's made yet or if possible, but just imagine for 1 sec that if utorrent had a feature where if u simply don't like ur download or even want anymore, that u can send it back to the tracker that u downloaded it from and it don't count for a hit and run! Now that's the future! Just simply give it back if u don't want it or like it, none of this hit & run crap. I honesty don't want crap on my pc, so take it back plz, thank you. :)

I would like to know ur thoughts, comments or ideas!

Kyl3KK
11-16-2007, 01:14 AM
If that were done, somehow, someway, someone would cheat from it.

Scavenger
11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
If i download it, copy this to other folder or usb etc, and " send it back to the tracker " i would restore my ratio, and i think that everybody will cheat like this...

Detale
11-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Weel you can do something somewhat like that now:

Lets say you download 2 of 60 rar files now you don't want it anymore

Stop the DL

re-download the torrent and check the files you already leaving out the ones you dont want and it will do a hash check and then you will only UL what you have trying to seed the 2 rar files you have

tweakz
11-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Edit

LinkS v2.0
11-16-2007, 01:26 AM
no understanding of the bit torrent protocol

mbucari1
11-16-2007, 02:59 AM
no understanding of the bit torrent protocollol SERIOUSLY!

tweakz
11-16-2007, 02:59 AM
no understanding of the bit torrent protocol

What the hell r u talking about.....lippy boy!

I didn't ask 4 trash talkers!

Skiz
11-16-2007, 03:09 AM

He's saying you're talking out of your ass. Quite true really.

If you had any knowledge of how the tracker/client relationship worked, you'd understand how silly your "suggestion" is.

misledhope
11-16-2007, 03:18 AM
now for a needed uTorrent feature setting bandwidth limits by label ... eg max up speed 50k to one label 30 to another 10 to another and 40 another if you have a 140 max upspeed and you want to seed to each tracker and have multiple torrents on each label.

its a pain in my ass sharing fairly at times.

Skiz
11-16-2007, 03:21 AM
now for a needed uTorrent feature setting bandwidth limits by label ... eg max up speed 50k to one label 30 to another 10 to another and 40 another if you have a 140 max upspeed and you want to seed to each tracker and have multiple torrents on each label.

If I understand you correctly, you already can. Right-click a torrent and view it's 'Properties'. Set the upload rate accordingly.

tweakz
11-16-2007, 03:22 AM

lol SERIOUSLY!

He's saying you're talking out of your ass. Quite true really.

If you had any knowledge of how the tracker/client relationship worked, you'd understand how silly your "suggestion" is.

Well I thought it was a good idea if possible....but i guess tracker are not that advanced. Like as if i know everything.... I don't live & breath the scene like others!

Skiz
11-16-2007, 03:24 AM
Well I thought it was a good idea if possible....but i guess tracker are not that advanced. Like as if i know everything.... I don't live & breath the scene like others!

Basic stuff, really. :idunno:

tweakz
11-16-2007, 03:27 AM

Basic stuff, really. :idunno:

Edit

seppypom
11-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Don't delete it and Share it Back!

tweakz
11-16-2007, 03:33 AM
kk

misledhope
11-16-2007, 04:35 AM

If I understand you correctly, you already can. Right-click a torrent and view it's 'Properties'. Set the upload rate accordingly.

yes but i mean doing this on a label basis

say you have 4 trackers you use so you give each a label

on each you have 100s of active torrents and only 100k upspeed

each tracker is capable of keeping you maxed but you want to share 25k to each (over the 100 torrents on each)

not every torrent is always maxing so you want that 25k distributed to all torrents on that label so that each of the 4 labels is always using 25k of your bandwidth :D

aysomc
11-16-2007, 04:37 AM
is this serious? the only thing you download from a tracker is the .torrent file, everything you actually download from there on is given to you from other users who already have the files so "sending it back" isnt really an option. if you're not sure if you're gonna like something then download it from a public tracker, if its crap delete it. we need these threads though, without people this dumb we wouldnt know what smart is.

tweakz
11-16-2007, 04:44 AM
is this serious? the only thing you download from a tracker is the .torrent file, everything you actually download from there on is given to you from other users who already have the files so "sending it back" isnt really an option. if you're not sure if you're gonna like something then download it from a public tracker, if its crap delete it. we need these threads though, without people this dumb we wouldnt know what smart is.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! That tip is perfect:)

Done!

Skiz
11-16-2007, 05:35 AM

yes but i mean doing this on a label basis

say you have 4 trackers you use so you give each a label

on each you have 100s of active torrents and only 100k upspeed

each tracker is capable of keeping you maxed but you want to share 25k to each (over the 100 torrents on each)

not every torrent is always maxing so you want that 25k distributed to all torrents on that label so that each of the 4 labels is always using 25k of your bandwidth :D

Ah, OK.

I tried highlighting multiple torrents and right-clicking to set their overall upload limits, but that isn't possible.

Would be a valid suggestion uTorrent's "Feature Requests (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewforum.php?id=2)". :)

troyk1
11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
hey that would be useful.... I've got another one to add: I'd like my rss feeds to be able to update quicker than every 5 mins maybe i'll have to get some sort of standalone?