PDA

View Full Version : Migration from OiNK to E****: OiNK's #1 lossless dl-er

Screenery
11-16-2007, 10:02 AM
If one was the #1 downloader on OiNK, and had a 3.4TB lossless music library on a 7-hard-drive RAID5 system, how should that #1 downloader try to get into E**** if they kept quite hush-hush at OiNK and never really talked to anyone and don't know anyone else in the lossless torrent community?

-Screenery

Probability
11-16-2007, 10:04 AM
i say you are full of shit.

blackbird
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
start with btmusic , not that hard to find an invite .. share your lossless music and make friends there .. and am sure someone will invite you to E when they enable invites again

Screenery
11-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Eh, I'll just hang tight then until the next great oink-equivalent pops up....doesn't seem worth the effort to share on BT. Got enough music to last me for a while.

Probability, you adhere to much to your name. I'm against all odds, baby. Some people know how to seed big-time and download super-fast, and some don't.

-Screenery

P.S.
I miss Hanswurst the most. He was priceless, lossless seeder at oink. If anyone knows him, tell him to check this thread, maybe he'll have some suggestions.

Skiz
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I'd say that if you had that large of a lossless repertoire, that you'd either already be in the lossless communities or know exactly how to get in them.

If you're genuinely in the dark and have something to offer, send a member on this forum named "murphdog" a PM with proof of said repertoire and I'd bet good things will come.

misledhope
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
We would appreciate any or all of your library at what.cd pm me if you would like to help us :D

Roy.A
11-16-2007, 11:46 AM
can someone please tell me in private what is this E**** ? =\
im seeing it too much and i dont understand whats up with it ..

p1r4t3
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
what Skizo said

p1r4t3
11-16-2007, 11:55 AM
U can find hanswurst on irc.p2p-irc.net/classical

Totti
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
it's a loosless music tracker very hard to get into if you want a tracker like it you should join pedros.....

Polarbear

it's a private music site with mainly lossless content. they don't allow their name to be posted in public.

p1r4t3
umm wtf?

innovisionz
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Liar.The #1 Lossless on OiNK was alkimiya, and he IS at E****.alkimiya is a swedish dude, he only downloads Lossless, and he used to share a huge amount of torrents on his home 100Mbit line. He also was the #1 uploader at OiNK, having a ratio of 3.

GoLDeN
11-16-2007, 12:29 PM
prove it

innovisionz
11-16-2007, 12:50 PM
prove it
:lol: I'm not the one who should prove anything. If you want to know something, go to the OiNK's memorial forum or to OiNK's irc and ask there who is alkimiya, what kund of stuff did he share and what was his rank on top10 ;)
But I'm pretty sure that e**** staff is familiar with OiNK's top10 too nad won't give the scammer an account. Moreover, having .flac files is far from be enough to become e**** uploader.

mrnobody
11-16-2007, 01:00 PM

if u have access to bittorrent invite section (your account must be at least 30 days old to get access), here...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2131077/postcount4925

bbnap
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
mp3s ftw!

LackOfInterest
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
mp3s ftw!

Amen to that, I only need lossless copies of albums I really like. Other than that there really is no point to have that much lossless music. And the chances of someone really being able to tell the difference (I'm not saying you can't) between a properly ripped mp3 and a lossless file, especially on your home computer speakers, is a slim chance. But if that much lossless music really is your thing, more power to you, I really just don't see much of a point in it :frusty:

Fiamma
11-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I'd say that if you had that large of a lossless repertoire, that you'd either already be in the lossless communities or know exactly how to get in them.

If you're genuinely in the dark and have something to offer, send a member on this forum named "murphdog" a PM with proof of said repertoire and I'd bet good things will come.

Yes, please do that, they probably would let you share it there. BTMusic would not as we only allow personal rips from commercial media, not stuff you downloaded somewhere else.

alew
11-16-2007, 09:09 PM
doesn't seem worth the effort to share on BT. Got enough music to last me for a while.

Reading your comments you doesn't seem like the kind of member E***** wants or needs..

--------------------------
"It's all about the sharing"

WarrenBuffet
11-16-2007, 09:37 PM

Its a type of rich white person thing ppl want to get.

psxcite
11-17-2007, 12:37 AM
No, lossless is just the future. Just a natural progression. Like from VCDs/SVCDs to xvid DVD rips and full DVDrs. The same is happening with music. Haven't you ever noticed all the low-end or artifacting in low bitrate mp3 rips?

Screenery
11-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Liar.The #1 Lossless on OiNK was alkimiya, and he IS at E****.alkimiya is a swedish dude, he only downloads Lossless, and he used to share a huge amount of torrents on his home 100Mbit line. He also was the #1 uploader at OiNK, having a ratio of 3.

Alkimiya was the #1 uploader, but not the #1 downloader. He was #2 downloader, the "other member" (which is pretty obviously Screenery) I've been talking about was #1. Get your facts straight before you start flamethrowing.

Also, Murphdog said that they're not inviting anyone to E**** at this point. Even staff members don't have invites, he said.

I would talk to Hanswurst, but I don't know how to use IRC. Pidgin didn't seem to do it, and I couldn't figure out mIRC, and those are the only two clients i know of. They both say that I'm not a registered user when I log into the servers that were mentioned in this thread. I never used the Chat function at OiNK. I must be the most technologically backward member of OiNK, relative to my download status. Heh.

Cheffy
11-17-2007, 02:59 AM
I dont understand why its so hard to believe this. If he was into lossless, Got invited or even signed up at oink when they had open signups. He really did not need to go any were else for his music needs.
Or perhaps he dident know about any other sites.

especially since he is Number 1 in the downloading department. Clearly shows that he used Oink a lot, and not many other trackers.

Screenery for the mirc thing, Type this once you have connected to the server.

/nickserv register

Think the command goes something like
/nick serve register password e-mail thought im not 100% sure, you will get an answer when you just type /nickserv register

th0r
11-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Even staff members don't have invites, he said. I would talk to Hanswurst, but I don't know how to use IRC.

So if neusch didn't give staff invites, why would you need to talk to hanswurst?