PDA

View Full Version : Utilizing my SCT Invite, a how thread

fsephie
11-16-2007, 08:07 PM
So a friend of mine from another tracker, through the good graces of his heart, has given me a SCT invite that I would so love to use.

However, I'm having the big problem of actually using it. Obviously, they have a strict user limit and they say that user accounts are pruned all the time. I am wondering if there is some easier way of finding out when invites are open other than randomly clicking it every 30 minutes? Like, do they always prune accounts around a certain time or is there a site that has some sort of notification?

Also, will my invite go dead if I don't use it in time? It says it will be removed, but I would think that considering the randomness of actually being able to use it they would let you hold onto it for awhile.

Any answers welcome!

whiteboy
11-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Fuck every 30 minutes. Do it every 2. All day long. You'll get in.

punki_rach
11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
It doesn't take long if you keep trying. And it will expire in a few days but you should be in by then

Nemrod
11-16-2007, 08:24 PM
I think that testing all time is called "hammering", and in a lot of trackers thatīs not allowed.
Iīve read, I donīt know for sure, that they even can ban that IP if you are caught.

Most times trackers let know their users when signups are open, I doubt that this works like "you disabled... 1 left... come on the next".

whiteboy
11-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes it is hammering, everyone that I know that got invited to sct recently had to get in this way.

Swax
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Disabled accounts are deleted by the system sporadically. Checking every 30mins is the only way to check for an open slot.

If you do not use the invite within 3 days it will become void, however the inviter will get it back and can simply mail it to you again.

Tokeman
11-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Just keep the page up and refresh it every now and again. They get so much traffic they are not going to notice 1 person refreshing every few minutes, if they do then they need better servers :P

I was able to get in after about an hour or so of refreshing every 5-10 mins or so.

Defy
11-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Maybe it was just me, but when I received my ScT invite I noticed that every 5-15 minutes into the hour, every hour, spot(s) became available. It was just an matter of beating the rush of other new users and getting all of your information in before they did, lol.

It took me about 2 days of this to get in, but through testing it that's what I found out. Call me crazy but... maybe there is a pattern? Lol. Good luck. :)

Adam1990
11-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Just use Check4Change I got in within minutes.

sexydingo
11-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Just use Check4Change I got in within minutes.

Excellent addon

MrLazy
11-16-2007, 10:07 PM
just check every 3-5 minutes .. it doesn't take long actually. my friend bought an invite and he had to do the same :P

boobly
11-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Or have you inviter check for you thats what I usually do when I give an invite out. Ill hang out on msn on something of the sorts and keep checking when a spot opens so that the invitee can register

desiKing
11-17-2007, 12:09 AM
try now....2 free slots

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 12:17 AM
i can remember this when i got my invite. i was so happy and then a bit frustrated that i couldn't get in.

i was lazy so i took tracker spy and had it check the site every 15 minutes. took me 45 min if i remember correctly and i was in and happy again.

don't worry 72h is a long time. you can handle it.

and if not - have him sent the invite again as mentioned.

so everything is cool :-)

psxcite
11-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Nemrod, your avatar had me trying to kill that bug. Reached for a tissue and everything.

Yea, same thing happened to me. Just kept trying back every so often. Sorry, thats your only alternative.

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Nemrod, your avatar had me trying to kill that bug. Reached for a tissue and everything.

i shot it with a 9mm.

fsephie
11-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Well I have check 4 change set up right now so hopefully I'll be in within the hour. Thanks!

game1283
11-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I C4C the whole day.. and night comes, then I accidentally slept when I woke up I saw that C4C had detected an open spot but it was hours ago, when I was sleeping - I set up C4C again, I am heading to work, so I have to take a bath, but if I take the bath, I may miss it, I took the bath, coincidentally and luckily, exactly when I finished the bath the C4C alarms the open spot,then I have registered :)