PDA

View Full Version : Scammed out of UK-T

Cheeseman1208
11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
About a month ago (yes, I waited that long to report it, since I didn't know where to until now) I bought a UK-T account for $30 (yes, I sunk that low) from what my friend said was a reliable source. So, we started to talk (he acted young-ish), and he gave proof of UK-T. I sent him the money, and he sent me the login info. The login info worked, and I was in. I changed the password, but noticed I couldn't change the email. I browsed around and checked out the forums. I logged out, and figured that it was best to email a staff member the next day. The next day, I couldn't login to the account. I asked him what the deal was, and he acted oddly. He said he didn't touch the account. I emailed a staff member about it, but I still haven't gotten a reply. If anyone can help me, I can provide the username of the account that was sold and stolen back, his email (the email on the account), AIM log records, Paypal records, and you can check my IP (I logged into the account around September 24th).

I'll be back in an hour or two to check my PMs.

fOrUmAs
11-16-2007, 10:35 PM
probably u(him) have been banned for selling tradeing accounts. and u should never pay for account anyway..and like u said u got scammed so there are slim chance to get your acc back..sorry

0Ri0N
11-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Move on man, pay for accounts is sad, you learned your lesson

ibnahmed
11-16-2007, 10:56 PM
yeah, why not give the username here, u will have your account forever.

yoyogi4
11-16-2007, 10:57 PM
yeah, why not give the username here, u will have your account forever.
:lol::lol::lol:

Polarbear
11-16-2007, 10:58 PM
About a month ago (yes, I waited that long to report it, since I didn't know where to until now) I bought a UK-T account for $30 (yes, I sunk that low) from what my friend said was a reliable source. So, we started to talk (he acted young-ish), and he gave proof of UK-T. I sent him the money, and he sent me the login info. The login info worked, and I was in. I changed the password, but noticed I couldn't change the email. I browsed around and checked out the forums. I logged out, and figured that it was best to email a staff member the next day. The next day, I couldn't login to the account. I asked him what the deal was, and he acted oddly. He said he didn't touch the account. I emailed a staff member about it, but I still haven't gotten a reply. If anyone can help me, I can provide the username of the account that was sold and stolen back, his email (the email on the account), AIM log records, Paypal records, and you can check my IP (I logged into the account around September 24th).

all i can say is you made a huge mistake. forget about uk-t, learn your lesson and never make this mistake again.

the only good thing about this is, at least you seem to be honest.

go and read something about private torrent sites and their rules before you want to become a member of another one.

munkyboy04
11-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Ello Cheeseman Fancy seeing you here? u the same cheeseman from IT or are they more of you?

Bad news man. I dont think you'll get your account back, sounds like its been disabled. Mods on trackers dont like any account swapping of any kind. They can tell you've done it when you change your password and email. They watch out for it A similar thing happened to me ,with an oink account a while back.I think the moral of the story is dont trade accounts. Since the oink fiasco that i had i wont do it. It sucks that you got ripped though.

seanbee
11-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Like others have said, you basically have a 0 - none chance of getting back that account. Essentially what you have done is broken a key private tracker rule which I am sure won't be looked at lightly.

It is really unfortunate that you u felt the need to pay for an account, the most I think that you should do is expose the person who cheated you.

Defy
11-16-2007, 11:16 PM
The account is gone, and if not completely at the moment, it will be forever very soon. Nothing good ever comes from purchased accounts. :no:

HA1L2ME
11-16-2007, 11:24 PM
If you've done some research you would have noticed that theres no email changing in UK-T... Maybe you could have kept the account but since you PMd a mod/admin they found what happened and disabled the account. So maybe it was your fault it got disabled.

seanbee
11-16-2007, 11:28 PM
If you've done some research you would have noticed that theres no email changing in UK-T... Maybe you could have kept the account but since you PMd a mod/admin they found what happened and disabled the account. So maybe it was your fault it got disabled.

This is more than likely exactly what happened. There is a chance that the account seller did perform a 'fair' transaction although still against tracker rules.

The thread starter just really needs to move on.

Live and you learn they say.

Zeus
11-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Why would you pay for uk-t? There's nothing there that you cant get faster elsewhere. I cant see you getting the account back, though if the guy has stolen the account back you could probably get it banned at least.

ibnahmed
11-16-2007, 11:34 PM
believe me, u wont get it back

the best thing to do is to post the user name here, so it gets disabled, if it wasnt a month ago

AmpeD
11-16-2007, 11:35 PM

all i can say is you made a huge mistake. forget about uk-t, learn your lesson and never make this mistake again.

the only good thing about this is, at least you seem to be honest.

go and read something about private torrent sites and their rules before you want to become a member of another one.
30 bucks huge?

psxcite
11-16-2007, 11:53 PM
My light bill is coming up. How much can I get for a slighly used Torrent-Damage account?

Artemis
11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
If you have all the details and proof you can contact squizzle
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/squizzle-154689

and the a/c will be disabled

but I've got to say that is so :ghey:

whiteboy
11-17-2007, 12:09 AM
I know lol you didnt know better then to change the email.

"Hi I just bought an account off someone and I want to change the email so he doesn't steal it back"

wtf

Cheeseman1208
11-17-2007, 12:46 AM
I guess I forgot to mention that I don't want the account back. I want this guy banned, nothing more.

I have learned my lesson about torrent account buying/selling, as I was naive back then, but I want to earn my way to UK-T, not buy my way there. If I could buy one, right now, for $30, even if it were legit, I wouldn't take it. Getting to a level 10 site is like climbing a mountain, you start at the bottom and work your way up the path to the top. If you pay the money and get a helicopter ride to the top, then that says something about your character.

So please guys, stop busting on me about this.

josephs911
11-17-2007, 12:48 AM

So what was the reliable source, was it here? or another site.

Cheeseman1208
11-17-2007, 12:51 AM

So what was the reliable source, was it here? or another site.
Another site. I met the guy on RealPoor.

I guess it was a "real poor" decision.

Demigod
11-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Glad to hear that you've learned your lesson but you should understand that tracker levels aren't really anything special. It's only a rarity meter so if you're after content, a level 10 site might not necessarily be the best for it.

Cheeseman1208
11-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Glad to hear that you've learned your lesson but you should understand that tracker levels aren't really anything special. It's only a rarity meter so if you're after content, a level 10 site might not necessarily be the best for it.
I understand that. I can get everything I need from TL and ScT. However, back to the mountain metaphor, it is said that the journey is more important then the destination. By the time you work your way up to UK-T/FTWR, you have accumulated not only a sense of pride and accomplishment, but also respect for your fellow file-sharers.

Roark
11-17-2007, 01:10 AM
I understand that. I can get everything I need from TL and ScT. However, back to the mountain metaphor, it is said that the journey is more important then the destination. By the time you work your way up to UK-T/FTWR, you have accumulated not only a sense of pride and accomplishment, but also respect for your fellow file-sharers.

Lol gotta love people who moralize about filesharing. It's like listening to a mobster extolling the virtues of omerta.

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 01:21 AM
By the time you work your way up to UK-T/FTWR, you have accumulated not only a sense of pride and accomplishment, but also respect for your fellow file-sharers.

cut the crap. you paid money to get an acc on a site that you only wanted for its rarity and got scammed.

spare us your top of the mountain and fellow file sharer respect bs.

allied3
11-17-2007, 01:22 AM
ha serves you right
thread made me laugh in many ways

seanbee
11-17-2007, 01:25 AM
By the time you work your way up to UK-T/FTWR, you have accumulated not only a sense of pride and accomplishment, but also respect for your fellow file-sharers.

cut the crap. you paid money to get an acc on a site that you only wanted for its rarity and got scammed.

Endorsed.

You paid for an account and now all of a sudden you want to climb the mountains, I guess the fall from the helicopter hurt like hell :whistling

Cheeseman1208
11-17-2007, 01:36 AM

I was a noob back in September when this happened, I had no idea how rare it was.

Posting this here was a bad idea, instead of the scammer getting flamed, I'm getting flamed. I came here to talk to a UK-T staff member about getting the account in question disabled.

Thanks for laughing at me and calling me a dirty account buyer. :dry:

Edit: UK-T rep PMed.

MrLazy
11-17-2007, 01:38 AM
now this is some big news ...im actually interested in reading .. :O

Bo0ddha
11-17-2007, 02:35 AM

I was a noob back in September when this happened, I had no idea how rare it was.

Posting this here was a bad idea, instead of the scammer getting flamed, I'm getting flamed. I came here to talk to a UK-T staff member about getting the account in question disabled.

You never said you wanted the account disabled you said you didn't understand. You havn't learned anything and your still a noob. Heres my suggestion get a new FST name and never mention this again. If your lucky you might learn a thing or two.

You actually emailed them about changing your email? Thats the easiest ban I think I've ever heard of.

Cheeseman1208
11-17-2007, 02:54 AM

You never said you wanted the account disabled you said you didn't understand. You havn't learned anything and your still a noob. Heres my suggestion get a new FST name and never mention this again. If your lucky you might learn a thing or two.

You actually emailed them about changing your email? Thats the easiest ban I think I've ever heard of.
:frusty:
I give up. You guys win. I'm leaving the site for good. I'm obviously not welcome here anymore for a mistake I made a month and a half ago. Thanks for the flaming, laughing, and noob calling.

Bo0ddha
11-17-2007, 02:55 AM
Well you just keep trying to squirm around and your contradicting yourself. Makes people not believe you.

allied3
11-17-2007, 02:58 AM

:frusty:
I give up. You guys win. I'm leaving the site for good. I'm obviously not welcome here anymore for a mistake I made a month and a half ago. Thanks for the flaming, laughing, and noob calling.
well you clearly are a n00b

MrVictorRivers
11-17-2007, 03:53 AM
sorry to hear that you got fucked....all you can really do is live and learn from the situation...at the end of the day...."...there is no honor among thieves...." ...if you were a noob in september....means u have only been around a couple of months....people are around on the scene for much more than a month or two before they get into uk-t...so...u have a long way to go....u'll be ok...fuck who ever fucked u....live and learn....

SgtMajor
11-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Ah well, there is one good thing out of all this, it has opened up one slot for me! :P

mee2wo
11-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Don't be such a crybaby :cry:,as we say in London "you got bumped" take it as a lesson & more on.
People who buy invites make worse for everyone else.

Fibre
11-17-2007, 11:45 PM
UK-T ain't at the top ;) Don't waste your time.

Cheeseman1208
11-18-2007, 12:03 AM
The scammer's account has been disabled.

Thanks again to Squizzle ;)

beat
11-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Move on man, pay for accounts is sad, you learned your lesson

Actually he payed the lesson. 30$ to be more precise. :D

hangemhigh
11-18-2007, 02:31 AM
how many pms did you get offering to sell invites?

post them please..

WarrenBuffet
11-18-2007, 02:42 AM
OKAY GUYS THIS IS RECEIVING 2 MUCH SPAM SO LET ME SOLVE UR PROBLEM ONCE and FOR ALL!!!

I noticed u live in America, thus 30 dollars is no biggie. Would u get pissed if u bought some dvd or game for 30 bucks and lost it? Yeah, but move on, I think ur more upset at losing ur UK-T acc then ur money. AND ITS JUST TORRENTS. torrent one sub element of what we call life. Theres many alternatives, such as Torrent Leach. I mean UK-t has few members and torrents, so its "rare." Its basically garbage. As I member I can say this, and I hav'nt realized how bad some ppl need it instead of me. I don't even use it. SO I can PM u my acc, BUT, lesson learned PAYING FOR INVITES IS BAD. As a matter of fact, paying for free material is bad. :) Everyone makes mistakes and some ppl desearve second chances. I might be a little high, but as far as I know this is prolly one of the more generous things I've done this month. So I'll pm u my acc, just be a loving member of the community and stay out of trouble. Omg im so high

Cheeseman1208
11-18-2007, 03:12 AM
OKAY GUYS THIS IS RECEIVING 2 MUCH SPAM SO LET ME SOLVE UR PROBLEM ONCE and FOR ALL!!!

I noticed u live in America, thus 30 dollars is no biggie. Would u get pissed if u bought some dvd or game for 30 bucks and lost it? Yeah, but move on, I think ur more upset at losing ur UK-T acc then ur money. AND ITS JUST TORRENTS. torrent one sub element of what we call life. Theres many alternatives, such as Torrent Leach. I mean UK-t has few members and torrents, so its "rare." Its basically garbage. As I member I can say this, and I hav'nt realized how bad some ppl need it instead of me. I don't even use it. SO I can PM u my acc, BUT, lesson learned PAYING FOR INVITES IS BAD. As a matter of fact, paying for free material is bad. :) Everyone makes mistakes and some ppl desearve second chances. I might be a little high, but as far as I know this is prolly one of the more generous things I've done this month. So I'll pm u my acc, just be a loving member of the community and stay out of trouble. Omg im so high
Wow, I'm speechless.

Polarbear
11-18-2007, 03:56 AM

duuuuude, i'll pay you 30 bucks if you hook me up with some of that shit you were smoking! gimme your paypal.

Kyl3KK
11-18-2007, 04:28 AM

I noticed u live in America, thus 30 dollars is no biggie. Would u get pissed if u bought some dvd or game for 30 bucks and lost it? Yeah, but move on, I think ur more upset at losing ur UK-T acc then ur money. AND ITS JUST TORRENTS. torrent one sub element of what we call life. Theres many alternatives, such as Torrent Leach. I mean UK-t has few members and torrents, so its "rare." Its basically garbage. As I member I can say this, and I hav'nt realized how bad some ppl need it instead of me. I don't even use it. SO I can PM u my acc, BUT, lesson learned PAYING FOR INVITES IS BAD. As a matter of fact, paying for free material is bad. :) Everyone makes mistakes and some ppl desearve second chances. I might be a little high, but as far as I know this is prolly one of the more generous things I've done this month. So I'll pm u my acc, just be a loving member of the community and stay out of trouble. Omg im so highYou're incredibly nice.

SgtMajor
11-18-2007, 04:53 AM

You should post the names of the members who PMd you :D

Kyl3KK
11-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Haha, he'd be typing for the next 3 days I bet.

monk3y
11-18-2007, 09:08 AM
i think it's obvious u won't get your account back but at least fu*k the bastard who scammed you and give the uk-t staff his details so they'll disable him.

Cheeseman1208
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
i think it's obvious u won't get your account back but at least fu*k the bastard who scammed you and give the uk-t staff his details so they'll disable him.
Already done :D

And Paypal recovered my funds.

chillincool
11-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Since when does paypal refund for non-tangible material? lol.

allied3
11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Since when does paypal refund for non-tangible material? lol.

lol he lied =D