PDA

View Full Version : Please Read-elite invite section

MrVictorRivers
11-17-2007, 04:11 AM
I would like to see if any members are interested in starting an elite invite section. One in which only extremely trusted and obviously commited people to the torrent scene can be admitted to.

Maybe Im idealistic, but, I hate to not be able to help other "up and coming" members much like I have been helped. But at the same time, Im a DONOR and have ATLEAST a 100 gb buffer on each and every tracker I'm on...Im not gonna lose my account that I have built up, put effort and MONEY, just to help some fucking up and coming prick/cheater....sorry...

But I would like to start an elite section that we can see who is who, what they are about, what they stand for, and what they have done...is any one interested? anyone know what has to be done here on FST to get it started?

*I hope this is the right section*

SgtMajor
11-17-2007, 04:18 AM
There's already 2 secret sections for that purpose, when you know the right person of either section, depending upon your history, you might get invited to one or the other.

Is there really room for another elite section to serve your purpose, an elite invites section? I very much doubt it.

Bo0ddha
11-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Interesting. Do they just randomly pop up out of nowhere?

tiolewis
11-17-2007, 05:01 AM
Very Interesting ..

Skiz
11-17-2007, 06:59 AM
There's already 2 secret sections for that purpose, when you know the right person of either section, depending upon your history, you might get invited to one or the other.

Is there really room for another elite section to serve your purpose, an elite invites section? I very much doubt it.

They're secret? :O

Artemis
11-17-2007, 07:05 AM
It just seems the newer users don't know about them skizo, you could always tell them about the other forum sections ?

misledhope
11-17-2007, 08:20 AM
i certainly have no idea what you are talking about. Although i really do not need to i wish for no invites to anything ever again unless there is another major fatality of a site that i use, but if there is somewhere else i might have something to offer in it.

Skiz
11-17-2007, 08:42 AM
It just seems the newer users don't know about them skizo, you could always tell them about the other forum sections ?

No need really. While they sections aren't a secret, we do not openly advertise them. You see, the more people know about them, the more PMs I have begging for entry.

If a member is here long enough and is recommended by a member who is already in one of the hidden sections, a vote is taken on whether or not to add them.

Basically, there is no need to advertise as it's more of a "Don't ask us; we'll ask you" situation.

MrVictorRivers
11-17-2007, 10:13 AM

never knew they existed...

znik
11-17-2007, 10:59 AM
another nice thread to start the usual fight between traders, retired traders, non-traders and anti-traders...:P

Anyway, from what I 've heard these private places never served the purpose of acquiring high level invites. :noes:

Hardly ever any invite is offered and even these are not even picked up, since these trusted senior members do not idle there to get invites, but rather to talk freely and safely without all these spammers in the their feet, know each other better and of course help each other if someone has a problem with something.

Whoever looks for an easy way to get rare invites that way should search somewhere else.:rolleyes:

Whoever wants to get in just to offer some invites is also meaningless, since these senior members and com. reps hardly ever need any invites. :noes:

A new section for trusted noobs that would actually need invites and would probably use them wisely I am not sure how could be implemented and under what criteria could anyone be admitted. :ermm:

Invites are meant for people we really know well anyway and not for someone who belongs in an "elite" group. :happy:

Artemis
11-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I am well aware of the ATG & VTG forums I was just giving you (Skizo) the opportunity to say that there are already other forums in place. Znik though has brought up a valid point, not only for here but in general in the bit torrent community, by the time you are a 'senior' member or recognised as being trusted you usually already have the invites that you wish anyway.

dave12
11-17-2007, 11:20 AM
yeah that was a valid point of Znik bt invite section is good enough to get invites, there is no need to have a secret place to give ur invites,if u r considered trust able then u will get invite in bt invite section itself .

Skiz
11-17-2007, 01:22 PM
yeah that was a valid point of Znik bt invite section is good enough to get invites, there is no need to have a secret place to give ur invites,if u r considered trust able then u will get invite in bt invite section itself .

The Veterans section isn't about being a secret place, or the only place to obtain certain invites. It has longer term members that don't want the hassle of the Invite section spam and n00bs, nor the risk of trading or inviting members who are unknown and pose a higher risk.

It is also a Lounge style atmosphere where loose chat and non-bittorrent related topics are also posted.

A sort of sanctuary if you will for long-term, trusted traders.

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 01:36 PM
there's one good thing:

if you are not looking for invites and at the same time people don't ask you for invites, you can easily sort out who your real (online) friends are.

you can chill and discuss bittorrent topics without the whole invite thing spooking around in your head all the time.

MrVictorRivers
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
While it may be true that once you reach a certain level you have all that you need. My concept and idea was to build a section:
(1) For members that want to help out what they/we feel are trusted members, commited members
(2)For a community and environment away from freeloaders and bloodsuckers
(3) For new members that are not already apart of the good old boys network (that has proven obvious to exist)--> there shouldn't be this sort of secrecy and what not, where no body even knows the section even exists....Im not an ass kisser, not even on the internet, nor do I think one should have to kiss ass, entrance should be based upon merit and nothing more.

Inspite of the fact that several such sections exists....I dont know them to exist...and even so...they are secret...unless against rules/regulations of individuals at FST, I don't see why there cant be another.

I'm kinda charged up! Other members that are interested?

For starters: I will donate one level 9 invite, 2 level 8's, 2 level 7's, 3 level 6's and level 5's
+ anytime after school/work towards getting things started....

yoyogi4
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Secret lounges or "Special" lounges tend to be inactive, I like the noobyness to laugh at, the drama to laugh at and the cheaters and scammers to pwn.

But znik and skizo pretty much summarized this thread, minus the getting trusted invites.

kostnkost
11-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I heard its kind of like the dead poets society:shutup:

Skiz
11-17-2007, 02:14 PM
For new members that are not already apart of the good old boys network (that has proven obvious to exist)--> there shouldn't be this sort of secrecy and what not, where no body even knows the section even exists....

What are you going on about? I already stated in my initial post that the sections aren't a secret.

The only reason the sections cannot be seen is to give the members a bit of discretion from the rest of the Internet.

Im not an ass kisser, not even on the internet, nor do I think one should have to kiss ass, entrance should be based upon merit and nothing more.

Where did all the ass kissing blather come about? Again, entrance is based on (and always has been) user recommendations. Users in the section get to know other users on the board and develop a rapport with one another. At any time, a member in those sections can initiate a poll which is voted on and discussed by the section to determine whether or not the member is admitted.

Inspite of the fact that several such sections exists....I dont know them to exist...and even so...they are secret...unless against rules/regulations of individuals at FST, I don't see why there cant be another.

Why would we need another? :blink:

aysomc
11-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Hardly ever any invite is offered and even these are not even picked up, since these trusted senior members do not idle there to get invites, but rather to talk freely and safely without all these spammers in the their feet, know each other better and of course help each other if someone has a problem with something.

sounds good, someone in there vouch for me!!!!

arkiebrian
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't see why you would need another section...sounds like it would end up being the same type of thing as the invites section we already have...

MrVictorRivers
11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
....I feel like you may be taking this personal...this isn;t directed at you or anyone...Until about 3 or four hours ago, I went to bed, got up, did some thinking, and got back online....

Why the need for another? first let me preface, I dont know anything about these two existing "secrect/notsecret" sections. I cant say whether they are what I envisioned or not. and to the extent that I said create anohter....that was a misnomer on my part....

but....from my perspective, I wanted to help others without the immediate risk of dealing with cheaters/scammers/etc. I was interested in developing a more communal environment here at fst (in part born out of my own experiences where it seems people are only out for themselves).

A significant number of members expressed interest in starting (or atleast trying to start) a sub community here on fst. They were responding to a thread I started a week ago.

When I put the idea out to everyone...I found out that something that MAY be similar is already in existence. I even inquired of skizo in PM wat is involved in the process, and i was told, "...dont ask me, we'll ask you...."

(again i dont know anything about this place and its possible its not what i was thinking about)

here is the problem: I, as well as other members have expressed an interest in starting something...find out that there MAY be something similar already in existence...but are told a group of people have to pick you and you have to wait (potentially indefinitley) until u r picked....there is no transparency in the process...dont even know whats invovled in the process...when it takes place...who is involved...whats what...whso is who...nothing....its like a ball thats in motion that has developed momentum, and people are saying stop....its on the move....

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
@ MrVictorRivers

what do you personally expect from such a subforum? what are your personal benefits from this?

pro267
11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, I'm sure he would appreciate a response in the lines of "you don't need this, here's your invite to the ATG".

MrVictorRivers
11-17-2007, 02:59 PM
@ MrVictorRivers

what do you personally expect from such a subforum? what are your personal benefits from this?

i dont see how that is germane to the point? explain how it is and i dont' mind answering at all.

LOOK: if you are not interested in starting or contributing what difference does it make to you what someone else does anyway?

KFlint
11-17-2007, 03:09 PM

sounds good, someone in there vouch for me!!!!

don't ask for it, we will ask you

remember what skizo just said ;)

Skiz
11-17-2007, 03:15 PM
When I put the idea out to everyone...I found out that something that MAY be similar is already in existence. I even inquired of skizo in PM wat is involved in the process, and i was told, "...dont ask me, we'll ask you...."

I also told you exactly what was involved and answered your question entirely. Let's try not to make me sound so obtuse when that's not how the conversation went. :dabs:

here is the problem: I, as well as other members have expressed an interest in starting something...find out that there MAY be something similar already in existence...but are told a group of people have to pick you and you have to wait (potentially indefinitley) until u r picked....there is no transparency in the process...dont even know whats invovled in the process...when it takes place...who is involved...whats what...whso is who...nothing....its like a ball thats in motion that has developed momentum, and people are saying stop....its on the move....

It's meant to be like that. We don't want members aiming to be part of the section and heckling me, other mods, and VTG members to "get them in", as that's exactly what happens. For the sake of discretion and my Inbox, we don't advertise it either. There's no point in doing so no one is going to talk their way into the section.

Also, making it blatantly obvious may make some members act a certain way strictly to gain access to one of those sections. That is not something we want or would ever let happen.

We tried it before to let it be known and you couldn't imagine how many PM's I had; it was absurd. Half the Invites section had PM'd me by the following day.

There are a few details which are secret which I won't reveal and that only mods know about the section; such as what percentage of positive votes one must attain to be voted in. Those details are kept quiet so as not to alter the voting, etc.

Basically, the section isn't a secret and we don't try to keep it as such, and advertising it has only disadvantages.

arkiebrian
11-17-2007, 03:15 PM
New 'elite invite' section is not needed...

blackbird
11-17-2007, 03:16 PM
another elite shit .. do you think your friends hides in some uber secret sub section of a forum .?

you can find them everywhere .. you dont need to go to a subsection of a forum to give your friend an invite

Totti
11-17-2007, 03:24 PM
i don't think there is need for a new elite invite section but i do think we should add a minimum amount of posts until usres can enter the invite section. I also think that the wiaw thread should be in the main bittorent section also so noobs can learn the lvls before they join the invite section, that way that don't make posts like demenoid for ftn and so on.....

arkiebrian
11-17-2007, 03:29 PM
i do think we should add a minimum amount of posts

Probably a good idea...

blackbird
11-17-2007, 03:31 PM
i do think we should add a minimum amount of posts

Probably a good idea...

so that we can see more squirr3l (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/squirr3l-179360) 's ? :ermm:

Totti
11-17-2007, 03:33 PM
lol what's the problem with a person who likes to type allot :)

arkiebrian
11-17-2007, 03:33 PM
so that we can see more squir3lls ? :ermm:

I'm a noob I suppose...

Squirrels as in 'storing their nuts for the winter?'

Totti
11-17-2007, 03:34 PM
so that we can see more squir3lls ? :ermm:

I'm a noob I suppose...

Squirrels as in 'storing their nuts for the winter?'
lol he's a user here

blackbird
11-17-2007, 03:35 PM

expect people to spam to increase the post count :mellow:

Skiz
11-17-2007, 03:36 PM
i don't think there is need for a new elite invite section but i do think we should add a minimum amount of posts until usres can enter the invite section. I also think that the wiaw thread should be in the main bittorent section also so noobs can learn the lvls before they join the invite section, that way that don't make posts like demenoid for ftn and so on.....

We used to have a minimum post count and the pneubs would just spam the fk out of the whole forum. Bad idea.

I created this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742) thread to help give the noobs an idea of what trackers they want go for, prior to entering the Invites section in hopes that they wouldn't engage in so much arbitrary trading just to see what certain trackers offer. In theory, they could view that thread and and decide what tracker interests them before even entering the Invites section. The WTAW is part of the whole trading thing and will remain in that section.

Totti
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM

could be but it's still worth a try..........

BethCooper
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM

neither did I, sounds interesting ;)
i guess it's not that secret anymore :P

Skiz
11-17-2007, 03:38 PM
could be but it's still worth a try..........

No, no it isn't.

neither did I, sounds interesting ;)
i guess it's not that secret anymore :P

It isn't meant to be or I would have trashed this thread from the start.

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
@ MrVictorRivers

i dont see how that is germane to the point? explain how it is and i dont' mind answering at all.

LOOK: if you are not interested in starting or contributing what difference does it make to you what someone else does anyway?

i just asked you two simple questions you can't or don't want to answer.

Skiz
11-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Stop Pm'ing Me For Access!

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5573/50014fingerpostersbl0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This is why we don't talk about the section. :angry:

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Stop Pm'ing Me For Access!

This is why we don't talk about the section. :angry:

hahahahahahahahaha - this post made my day

shit i can't stop laughing - my belly hurts :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:fst::fst::fst:

beat
11-17-2007, 09:40 PM
You must have seen that coming Skizo :P

/me giggles

Totti
11-17-2007, 10:14 PM
you should have just not mentioned it :)

Cheffy
11-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Poor Skizo.
Well thats what you get for mentioning it.
Now there are like 200 people that thinks that your smaller community is the shit, and that invites to FTN and SCT are handed out like candy on a daily basis. And everyone will do everything in their power to join it now.

So basically you have just attracted the attention of every single torrent collector out there, that just want in because of the invites.

Hihi
Just have to take a quote from one of my favorite movie.
First rule of fight club....

SgtMajor
11-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Which is why I kept it vague & cryptic, without giving the game away too much yet answered the OP as much as I could or would.

MrVictorRivers
11-17-2007, 11:47 PM
i haven't gotten the response I anticipated....and it seems that i have caused much more problems than planned. Very few people in the thread were actually in agreement with the idea, much of it is do to the fact that there is apparently a preexisting network/community here on fst, most importantly, SKIZO. Im relatively new here on fst, since about april or may, I dont remember how I stumbled upon the site. Thats just to say, fst is not my shit, I didnt make it, I didnt start it, the rules are the rules. People like skizo have been around and have done a shit load more for the site than I have, and are better people to judge. I'm still in a bit of a quandry: begin to start something, then find out it already exists...now what....shit....

*Thread is closed* Hit me up if you want to....

sokrates
11-18-2007, 02:29 AM
w00t there are hidden sections in the forums and i have no access ?? -.-
what shall i do know -.-
ah right pming skizo :P

silvertec
11-18-2007, 03:45 AM
I will never ask for invites here ever,if I want a invite somewhere I just ask some friends in the irc channels I'm in.Easy as
No need to any elite section at all

darkseekers
11-18-2007, 04:02 AM
skizo : why u dont lock this thread yet ?

mrnobody
11-18-2007, 04:09 AM

i heard it before i even joined FST and latest about a week ago or two i was assured that the secret section still exists here. However, i didn't know there were *two different* section. thanks for the info ;)

EDIT:

I am well aware of the ATG & VTG forums I was just giving you (Skizo)...

VTG is the one i heard of, dunno what ATG is.

i was gonna say, throught out the thread i only liked this post...

another elite shit .. do you think your friends hides in some uber secret sub section of a forum .?

you can find them everywhere .. you dont need to go to a subsection of a forum to give your friend an invite

but, somebody doesn't like me =/

Probably a good idea...

so that we can see more squirr3l (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../members/squirr3l-179360) 's ? :ermm:

znik
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I think it's human nature to explore the unexplored, the mystic and the unknown.
People also want to belong to something special so as to feel special and privileged themselves. :01:

This is probably what urged all these people to pm Skizo for an invite to these private sections.
This is probably what urges all these people to join some rare trackers even though they could fulfil their needs with an easier one.

I guess that if there was such an Elite invite section and was even in the WIAW list, people would have gone crazy and would trade even their sister to get such an FST elite account in their hands. :naughty:
Even now, people trade to get an 1month's old FST account!
Can you imagine that? :huh:

The same goes for accounts to the Revolt forum.
People who are not at all interested about forums and communities want such an account to trade it for something else once they satisfy their desire for the unknown.
Remember how many created multiple accounts when they opened signups. :ermm:

MrVictorRivers I can understand your need to offer some of your invites to trusted people of a restricted section.
However, communities that were created in the past solely for that purpose have ultimately failed.
I would just like to remind you the BitEliteSharingCrew (BitESC) forum as an example or even the RTU.

I don't think we need any more internet dramas. :ermm:

Sylar666
11-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Agreed with Znik. Who has to be invited - anywhere, in any secret forum - will be invited by the relevant user (if meets the high standard of the Community). If not - well, that is not the End of The World. There are plenty of ways to get oneself build a nice reputation (not necessarily "Rep-points") and to express commitment to fellow pirates. Make giveaways, make solid, useful and informative comments - not just state the obvious. Just imagine how many useless, spam and dupe threads have to be eliminated by Skizo (or some other Mod)? I bet - U would be surprised.