PDA

View Full Version : Torrent invites - What struggles have you had / My Story

G-Force
11-17-2007, 11:45 AM
So it’s a Saturday night, I just got back from a big day in Melbourne and I am broke! I have a bottle of JD, season one of the Ultimate fighter and I am boarded as hell so I thought I would make a thread asking a few questions about your torrenting experience.

I apologize in advance for the spelling, but as I said I have had a few.

Any way i have been very fortunate to receive some high level trackers, some through proving my self, some through luck, and some through making friends.

My biggest problem is with the group I hang around with none of them are interested in computers let alone torrenting, so straight away I found it really hard to crack the torrent scene.

My first major invite was BitMeTv which I wanted because I really wanted to download Oz (tv series), I tried to get it off public trackers but it was way to slow, I was fortunate enough to find a friend online who decided to help me out. Once I was on BitMeTv I decided I wanted Oink which I got through the BitMeTv forums.

For a while I was fairly content with what I had until I found this place which made me curious about SCT and FTN. I was fortunate to win SCT. After that I had my sights on FTN which I had almost given up on. So it was the day before my 21st and I did a huge 21st birthday give away and asked if any one would be kind enough to give me one as a present, sure enough I received a PM asking for ratio proofs then I received another one with an invite.

I was very content with what I had up until this point until I heard FSC had a forum dedicated to Wrestling/MMA (fight club), I also heard that the community here was awesome which is what I was after since I had every tracker I needed already. So I asked around and spoke to a few people but everyone was only up for a trade (which I don’t like), I was luck enough to speak to someone (you know who you are ;) ) and proved to them that I was a legitimate MMA fan and he hooked me up.

Now I think I am happy with every thing I have, I have no interest in UK-T or E*****, but would still really like an invite to revolt and FTWR.

Anyway, I guess my question is if you didn’t get your invites through friends you know how did you get them? What struggles have you had?

Artemis
11-17-2007, 11:54 AM
edited

Totti
11-17-2007, 12:17 PM
i haven't got any invites from any friends :( im still struggling only on lvl 4trackers the trackers that i do have i got through open registration :) that's my luck until now .
btw im looking for ftn and nb no need for anything :)
nice thread :) keep em comming

G-Force
11-17-2007, 12:24 PM
i haven't got any invites from any friends :( im still struggling only on lvl 4trackers the trackers that i do have i got through open registration :) that's my luck until now .

Thanks mate, i have noticed you floating a while just recently (i am a bit of a Al Capone fan) if i had any decent invite i would help you out.

Totti
11-17-2007, 12:30 PM
thx :) i will remember you so if you have " An offer i can't refuse" talk to me :)

barsanuphe
11-17-2007, 12:51 PM
getting invites is a bummer when you don't know anyone cool in real life.

kyrcer
11-17-2007, 01:22 PM
It hard to say but getting invites for high level is not realy easy.

kirktrix
11-17-2007, 01:50 PM
When i came here last march my only private trackers is Demonoid and i am just starting in torrent world.....My first goal is getting a BitmeTV invites and i got one from a member here, unfortunately i think am now disable there, since we change our office last august i cannot access it.. they said my ip is banned.....

All my invites from different trackers came here " Thank you to all "...I am glad to be a part of FST..

Even though i do not have what they call best trackers " SCT and FTN " I am contented with what i have... I am not in rush to get them..My time will come for that....As of now i just enjoying my stay here and all my trackers...

Bad Blue Boy
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah my first bigger tracker was revtt!! then all came after that...i was getting new friendships and great friends...who invited me in many trackers high leveled i have them all.... every invite what i wanted they had given me!!!! i have everything but when i cames to FTN i am stucked..i have great proofs i have some proofs over 100 gb some even more then 300 gb and every other proof is more than 50 gb..i have 2 seedboxes...but no luck..
so i think my quest is to be continued and i hope that i will get it one day!!!
and i have seen i lot of guys giving money for FTN that is not the way invites supose to be free!!! i
have given so many invites and i hope that i wil give 10 times more!!! FST is a nice forum cheers

Benja
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
im on the start i guess...
i have torrent amage account i got from a friend (it was 6M upload to 2G upload suck but still clean), now i made it better (xtreme power user and in 2-3 days Xtreme force user).
my second and last private tracker is CZONE which i got when it was open for sign up.
for TV i have new tracker (TVTorrent) but i would like to get BITMETV.
amm... maybe another tracker fot general instead of TD (REVTT/TL)
and that's it i guess...

Totti
11-17-2007, 03:20 PM
tvtorents has everything no need for bitmetv in my opinion speeds are great there also........

arkiebrian
11-17-2007, 03:21 PM
My biggest problem is with the group I hang around with none of them are interested in computers let alone torrenting, so straight away I found it really hard to crack the torrent scene.

That's been my problem too. Though I'm a "geek" and work as a software developer, the people I associate are far from it. I believe I've turned on a co-worker to the BT scene, but he's not fully hooked yet. Anyway, that's the only person I personally know that does BT. I'm new to seeking out invites after not being able to find material on the private trackers I had been using that were very easy to gain access.

I'm surprised how difficult some people find BT. I've tried to explain how to do it to my ex-wife numerous times - even directed her to forums with pictures - and she couldn't figure it out.

Herrick
11-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I've been using public trackers as long as I've been using torrents, which is about 18 months or so. I got interested in private trackers about a week ago and was lucky enough to immediately get an invite to Demangoid, which turned out not to be a private tracker and which closed down the very next day.

So Herrick is going to hang around here so I can request invites in the sub forum. I'll still read this forum after that because it's an interesting place.

arkiebrian
11-17-2007, 03:27 PM
amm im waiting for 30 days here (long time :P) so i will start trading, i really want music tracker and BCG.
and that's it i guess...
just waiting for 30 days here to start trading while i'll make really good TD&CZONE accounts to trade with.

Some advice...

When you do get in the invites section you'll find many frown on trading...they want you to get invites absolutely free - "in the spirit of BT" so to speak.

Also...not a good idea to openly advertise that you're trading accounts...saw a guy get banned by tracker admins last night that openly said that.

tedthetank
11-17-2007, 03:30 PM
I've been pretty lucky I think in the torrent stuff. On my very first tracker, I got to know someone really well on the forums who is incredibly nice and invited me to FTN/SCT. I don't know anyone who is interested in computers or torrenting in real life either so this was really awesome. I've done pretty well at both places, but it's hard to get to know more people since they're both pretty big and mostly younger (well sct is at least). I've just got a few i'd love to get: fsc and tti and maybe revolt. fsc for the great older community and people to talk to and tti because I love movies and dvds and they have a lot of them. I've heard revolt is geared towards older people as well?

As for struggles, someone was going to give me a tti invite and I got pretty excited. But he wanted me to get him a sct invite in return and so that didn't work out. Close but no cigar yet. I don't even know how to get into fsc, but i'll just wait. I'm in no rush.

warrengpd
11-17-2007, 03:36 PM
i am pretty upset that the two sources of BT i used are now gone due to the recent busts... those being oink and demonoid... so is this pretty much the only resource for invites? i mean trolling irc channels to ask for invites seems pretty lame as well.

dcliffnotes
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
man where do i start....the very first tracker i probably had was puretna. seriously. i didnt know what it meant to be in private tracker. all i knew was to be a member with a password. i was typically a noob, but i was fascinated and satisfied with all the pr0n they had there. so i got curious and wanted to know other trackers with good stuff, so i googled it.

while passing through, it brought me to this site FST. i registered just to read the topics and comments by others to get info on some good trackers. i read that everyone loved oink for music, so i asked my cousin if he knew what that was. luckily he had a friend with invites. this was the only actual invite i got from someone close to knowing them personally, not from the internet.

i would say the hardest struggle is having to prove yourself as a good user. no none will invite you or help you if you dont know how to share and if you act like a cocky idiot. being respectful and no flaming, i believe is the key.

for the beginning weeks ive been here, i camped out at the open signups thread for some trackers. i worked my way up through open signups to invites from users here at FST. i can gladly say most of the trackers i have and my knowledge of torrenting, i have learned here at FST. i like to thank all the people who helped me here at FST, from the beginning until now. i have made alot of friends and i am glad to be a part of this community.

kyrcer
11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Now I have Sct I always dream and 2 moths ago I got invite. Now I wonder if I get invite for site like FTN, TT, BitmeTV and RevTT.

I hate people who want money for invite.

Benja
11-17-2007, 04:28 PM
and that's it i guess...

Some advice...

When you do get in the invites section you'll find many frown on trading...they want you to get invites absolutely free - "in the spirit of BT" so to speak.

Also...not a good idea to openly advertise that you're trading accounts...saw a guy get banned by tracker admins last night that openly said that.
so they can enter invite section and ban ppl that trading there?

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 04:53 PM

everyone who is a member for longer than 30 days can enter the invite section.

but don't be afraid of tracker staff. if you don't feed them, they don't bite.

and sometimes when they are drunk they are actually pretty helpful.

Benja
11-17-2007, 05:32 PM

everyone who is a member for longer than 30 days can enter the invite section.

so, you mean ppl trading only invites there?:(

Brandon
11-17-2007, 05:37 PM

:lol: :shifty:

psxcite
11-17-2007, 05:55 PM
I've been blessed since I joined FST. I've made a few friends and received invites to some great trackers. Even you have helped me once or twice G-force. And for that, I thank you.

But more than that, I find myself truly amused by the comments and rantings of the members here. FST has become a form of entertainment for me. I come here more now for a great laugh, than for invites.

As for struggles, I haven't had any. I don't consider my quest for admission into any tracker as a struggle - only a challenge which I will eventually overcome with time and patience.

Artemis
11-17-2007, 06:56 PM
have to get my fix too :glag:
cue swelling violin music
Like sands through the hourglass,
So are the days of our lives..........

HMthePM
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
I got most of my high level invites from tracker forums. Made some frnds. By high level I mean uptil level7.
Never had FTN or uktand never searched for it. Most of the 0-day scene trackers are the same.
Earlier it was oink, bmtv and few 0-day sites which was enough for me, but now that oink is gone my bookmark list grown quite a bit.
This forum also helped me a lot. Whenever I needed something found it here. Last goal revolt. Dont know when I will get there but I will be there.
It was never really a struggle, how hard can it be writing in a forum? Almost got everything I wanted pretty soon.

jeffdammit
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks a lot for all of the helpful posts people! Looks like maybe I'll be hanging around here for a while.

DanielleD87
11-19-2007, 02:51 AM
i started in the scene. my first site was a 24 hour max but after being on it for a month it turned into a 30 min max and started getting a couple of mp3 affil groups mainly because of friends as an extra relaxed site vs the higher up stuff. this was before auto curry was allowed in most of the scene so like a 30 min max site today is probably the same as a 5min max imho.

anyways, after being on that for years i dropped out of the affil group i was in. because of this all of my sites but 6 i was dropped from and after that I lost all but two for not keeping up with quota. I was spending to much time in rl.

After a year of not doing anything warez related I moved and am bored with my life but I didn't want to get all worked up and stressed with the scene again so I decided on bt. I didn't know it had a community or anything like that. I thought it was just download and upload ratios and that is it.

The first bt site I joined was SCC. I was shortly promoted to fls there, but then (read the other thread) was banned. During the last 3 months of being part of the bt world I've obtained just about every bt site I've been interested in checking out. Currently I'm looking at revolt, but since only staff can invite I don't want to pester friends about asking staff for me. Until then I'm relaxed. I've got just about everything I could ever want warez related.

pandabear
11-19-2007, 05:51 AM
You are a lucky guy to get so many free invites to such great sites like ftn, sct and fsc.

My story, well i got into revott on open sign ups, then joined funfile, where i met a few friends and got invited to a few sites, and got into a few with open sign ups. Now all i am looking for is a aussie/nz content based site, where i can get shows like real stories, pulp sport, etc. If anyone can invite me to a good site, or even a open sign ups site, or even a public tracker with decent real stories torrents (all the torrents i find are 0 seeders, and content seems dubious)

Artemis
11-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Toofast Diwana is the torrent tracker you need for Australian & N.Z. content, simply ask in the invites section there are many here with invites.

Enlightened
11-19-2007, 06:37 AM

Didn't I read sommewhere U have Uk-T?/:naughty:

AkaiDoresu
11-19-2007, 06:37 AM
All my high levels comes from luck...

I got TT for free, just ask the right person who was devoted to music, not BT...
Got OiNk for free - same rule
Got BMTV - giveaway here
Got PT from a friend of mine
Got FTN for free from a guy whom i invited to oink and somehow he got disabled along with all my invites for ever, so he felt obligation to make up this lost and invited me to this great tracker ;]
And im about to get lvl8-10 this year, except Uk-T.

STEViEAR
11-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, I haven' had any struggles "YET" as i've never tried to get an invite.
My first private bt site was BS through open sign up, SCC open sign up, TBytes open sign up and got invited to TD from a staff member on their irc.
I only been torrenting now for about 6months so im sure my struggles will start as i want to be a member of the harder to get in sites. "HINT" FTN,SCT,WAFFLES or WHAT :-P

bhakku
11-25-2007, 10:58 AM
It took me a while to get invites - the open tracker thread helped me get started. But people here are so generous.

The reason some with invites are cautious is because they risk consequences for inviting people they don't know. I lost all my oink invites permanently because of that.
But, at this place, I haven't experienced that.

Adman65
11-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I started using BT 4 years ago when suprnova.org was the only site. I dl'd a lot of music. Suprnova when down, then it was LokiTorrent, piratebay and now mininova. I never really had the urge to join private trackers. A lot of the stuff I wanted to download was really easy to get on public trackers / I never really had heard of anything like a private tracker.

I am the only person I know IRL who is very into file sharing. In the last 2 years I've really gotten into Trance. Most of the stuff I download now comes direct from the DJ's themselves. Besides the occasional commerical stuff, but there is SO MUCH free Trance on the internet its CRAZY. If anyone want links, pm me. I'm always glad to share the gospel of Trance.

When oink went down, I saw an article on pirate bay listing a whole bunch of trackers to replace oink. I was like Oh shit, there is a lot more out there that i've never heard of. I checked out the Trance ones. TranceTraffic of course was on there, long with some other Trance one but I forgot. His article lead me here.

I registered to become a user. I checked out the forums and cruised around the private tracker list. I am on about 6 or 7 private trackers now. Nothing to intense. tv.torrents.ro Is prolly the best tracker I'm on. The mixingbowl.org is a good, open for signup ATM. I use that the most. Already got 20g's uploaded.

Its hard to get invites when you don't know anyone. I just hope one day someone will see my love for Trance and how much I love to share it, and how much I have to share, and I can get some better Trance trackers.

I'm currently looking for an invite to an eLearning tracker and a DVD tracker. The invites will come, just takes time. You just gotta keep it chill and meet nerds.

t0mmy
11-25-2007, 11:04 AM
yeah i had the same problem as the OP, none of my friends in real life use bitorrents except one, well the good side of bittorents, mostly just public sites, so straight away i have no access point to where i could find invites, but i was fortunate enough to get TL off one of my friends in real life and i started from there :) i used TL for many years before i realised about the bittorent community such as FST and the other specialties of trackers, i have only just walked my first step into reaching one of my many goals :)

Adman65
11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I got TT for free, just ask the right person who was devoted to music, not BT...

For the love of the music .... I like it.

titofat
11-25-2007, 11:07 AM
nice story
and i think you are right no one can get anything without friends i got alot of trackers here and i giveaway alot too i made a good friends and finally the last thiing i want to get FTN and sure i cant do that without a good friend

Stellar
11-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't know anyone else who uses BitTorrent either. I've become a member of some private trackers through pure luck and the generosity of other users in random places.

I signed up for Demonoid using a code someone posted in a forum. :lol: My good ratio there and at other sites has gotten me into others. I was invited to another because I was in the right place at the right time. So basically it has taken a lot of waiting and watching to get what I've gotten thus far.

Right now there are sites I'd love to sign up for, but my time hasn't come yet.

vizouk
11-25-2007, 11:45 AM
found a invite to a tracker try be a high user there for prove that ou are a good boy, make friends and share with your friends and you will have all that you need ;)

my advice.

lolapolake
11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I have one friend who brought me into the warez world, first with forums (starting with projectw), once I was able to use the forums well, I found more forums to use, till I had some sort of good base, but not good enough, and then projectw died,
I was just getting started with torrents, got an invite for torrentleech, and was getting started with it, and I had now a good source for movies and series, but NO music, and then I got it the holly OINK invite
It was a wonder, such a place, and then it died,
then the same friend who gave me the invite brought me to this place, for finding new sources, and I think now I'll find myself some decent torrent sites, still need a good oink replacement (but it doesn't exist yet) and maybe beter to, I keep a good look at the opening for sign up treath, and I hope I can get some accounts here to
unfortunately I don't have any good invites to trade, but I hope I will afterwards
Also, the same friend was a little bit angry at me, the moment oink was closed I still had 9 invites, I only gave out two, he said that with those invites I could have gotten access to some of the greatest sites if I had traden my invites

Now well, I have plenty of time to build op a good torrent background, but unfortunately I don't have many friend with torrent accounts

Sylar666
11-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't call it "struggle"...It was a sheer excitement, joy...Like going after big game. But since I have everything I ever wanted I try to help people the best way I can.

stitched
11-25-2007, 01:14 PM
ok there r 3 parts to my story.:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gif

i was using limewire.. had once heard my friend in college mention sumthing about torrent and u have to downlaod some small file and use an other client for the .torrent file to work and all..i didnt pay much attention... i was happy downlaoding a few episode of family guy from limewire.. but it was soo hard to downlaod bigger files ..and i was in search of "the office episode(us) 1,2,3"...i am generally an ignorant guy...and some how it occured to me about what my friend had mentioned about .torrent and all..soo i searched google ...after 3 more google searches i was staring at "the pirate bay" home page this was 4 months before or even less...and then downlaoded my first "the office episode 3" torrent...it was like a 4.6 gb file..(it took me almost a week and half to downalod the whole thing).. and then...wanted to get into demonoid in less then 2 days because of low speeds(1kb some times) in pirate bay..i asked every one for an invite but not with much sucess and called up this friend of mine who had mentioned about the .torrent file...and asked him if he had an invite to demonoid luckyly he had and i was IN one of the good (semi)private bt sites...then had been to my spleen forums..begged for a invite a couple of times..they were asking for ratios...waited for a week to build up ratio in demonoid..and also was in iptorrent which was new back then...i could maintaing good ratio in demonoid and iptorrent mostly because in demonoid they would let me upload..and in ip torrent they have these bonus points which u can exchange for uplaod credit

stitched
11-25-2007, 01:21 PM
got in to my spleen after i shoWED them my 7gb up and 4 gb down in demonoid and 10 gb up and 3 gb down in ip torrents [all this in 1 week]....but had hard time maintaining ratios in my spleen(i still visit the site.. once in a while.. i dont uplaod or downlaod anything..)...because they wouldnt let me uplaod unless i had good speed or they had no bonus points...i have pretty crappy speed downlaod speed of 20kb,and uplaod speed of 8kb[256kbps]...well no one would even consider me near bigger torrents because i had crappy speeds and everyone[most of the guys i spoke to ] tot i will not make it to anything bigger then demonoid or iptorrents...and then some one form no where mailed me saying he could give me oink and if i gave him myspleen....it was 3-4th week of me starting out in btsites....i said yes.. i tot if i try hard maint a good ratio somehow in myspleen [which never happened] or upgrade my connection i could some how get an invite to myspleen and send him one...that guy sent me an oink invite..i am still very greatfull for him....well oink died about 1and hlf month after i joined in..i liked the site.....and then came the huge U TURN

stitched
11-25-2007, 01:27 PM
...i got lucky was one of the first few guys who got what.cd and waffles.fm.....every one wanted waffles..i was in.and belive me i got 4 bitmetv invites +1 pt invite for 3waffles invites....hehe some crazy time..i belive god always has a place for every one...some one like me with a speed liek mine would have been no where if it wasnt for gods grace...not jsut in torrent ...i mean in whole of my life.. god has really been gracious on me i never realised it untill 2years before...
i am right now in with good ratios in: nordic-t,demonoid(rip),oink(rip),super torrents,waffles,what,pt,tt,bitmetv,blackcats..a lot more i dont even rememebr of......(of course not everything came easy...i had to do a lot of begging and convince a lot of people along the way...also met a lot of scammers posers usless people........but i have made a few really good friends who i could count on.... )

had a shared account in sct for a while..i wouldnt wanna personally have a sct account..because i dont have the speed for it and i think they r more about making money...

would love to get in to ftn godwilling

well my point is....not just regarding torrent or anything ...In life as a whole its not always the strongest and the fastest who make it big.....even some one as insignificant as me can make it big and of course staying there is up to me..atleast now i know how it feels to be on the top.....i am glad god me an oppurtunity...and i will definatly use it to the best of my abilty...

stitched
11-25-2007, 01:29 PM

stitched
11-25-2007, 01:31 PM

stitched
11-25-2007, 01:37 PM

Artemis
11-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Apart from the truly appalling lack of punctuation in your manifesto, where exactly do god and being a member of bit torrent trackers actually coincide ? Thats really pathetic.

kirktrix
11-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Wow... What a story... The only thing i can say is " AMEN "

BTW: Welcome to FST...:)

sokrates
11-25-2007, 02:17 PM
hm i dont know anybody in rl who is torrenting and bc i am paranoid i dont want to know.. if a theme like this comes up i tend to say something like seeding is for loosers or sth xD although there are some private trackers i am a member of..
so it took some time i got the german trackers i wanted (+oink).. after a year i began to look how some english trackers are, but i think its enough now :P
perhaps i will sign up to the one or another forum i dunno, but i promised artemis not to ask for one of them, so thats off the list :D

stitched
11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Apart from the truly appalling lack of punctuation in your manifesto, where exactly do god and being a member of bit torrent trackers actually coincide ? Thats really pathetic.

well u can call it coincidence...or lucky ....i call it grace of god.. like i said its not jsut here ... i have been blessed by god too many times in real life...i have had my share of good luck and bad luck.. but i have never been let down when i need sumthing the most....i dont consider myself smart... u wouldnt wanna know my story.....i belive there is god and for anythign to happen u should have deserved it in this life or the previous... i dont think u can find some one who had nuthing 4 months ago and now i am only looking for ftn...i never had fancy speed to show off[ guess what my downlaod speed is still 20 kb and uplaod of 7 kb].. no friends in bt community....didnt even know about ratios back then..i have done the best i could and i deserved the things i got...with a speed like mine and a tracker like tt level8,,,,lets say with all ur smartass words u cant do what i did in 4 months with the same situation i was in...(no offence)

Polarbear
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM
well u can call it coincidence...or lucky ....i call it grace of god.. like i said its not jsut here ... i have been blessed by god too many times in real life...i have had my share of good luck and bad luck.. but i have never been let down when i need sumthing the most....i dont consider myself smart... u wouldnt wanna know my story.....i belive there is god and for anythign to happen u should have deserved it in this life or the previous... i dont think u can find some one who had nuthing 4 months ago and now i am only looking for ftn...i never had fancy speed to show off[ guess what my downlaod speed is still 20 kb and uplaod of 7 kb].. no friends in bt community....didnt even know about ratios back then..i have done the best i could and i deserved the things i got...with a speed like mine and a tracker like tt level8,,,,lets say with all ur smartass words u cant do what i did in 4 months with the same situation i was in...(no offence)

i hate to say this, but with an upload speed of 7kb you will not survive on a private tracker in the long run. even with the help of god.

p.s. is there religious trance?

Artemis
11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
OK I will use small words, where do being invited to bit torrent trackers and being 'blessed by the grace of god' actually meet.
Oh dear big word here, thats blasphemy, its a torrent website not a cure for cancer:angry:

stitched
11-25-2007, 02:53 PM
i hate to say this, but with an upload speed of 7kb you will not survive on a private tracker in the long run. even with the help of god.

p.s. is there religious trance?

i will be upgrading my connection to 2 mbps in this month...i ordered for the connection 4 months before the isp guys said they will be coming this month i havent been downlaoding in biger torrents sites just waiting for my connection to be upgraded..and thatz y i wanan get in to ftn and not sct.. i can uplaod a torrent for many days but of course with not good speed....i some times wish i had better speeds...anywyas i have never been banned from a tracker for bad ratios.. i think i can handle the bigger trackers..if it gets out of had may be i will donate to stay alive.. but i will survive..and i share a few of my accounts with some people i trust who ahve better speeds...hey i never mentioned about religion .. i jsut mentioned god..i dont belive in religion

LoKaLiRi
11-25-2007, 02:59 PM
i get invites from friends for lower levels only :(

stitched
11-25-2007, 03:00 PM
OK I will use small words, where do being invited to bit torrent trackers and being 'blessed by the grace of god' actually meet.
Oh dear big word here, thats blasphemy, its a torrent website not a cure for cancer:angry:
in case u havent read my posts competely..here is sumthing "well my point is....not just regarding torrent or anything ...In life as a whole its not always the strongest and the fastest who make it big.....even some one as insignificant as me can make it big

i would find it hard to make you understand.."people always see what they want to see".. may be what i said doesnt make any sense to u.. i will jsut give up on it..u have been thru different experiences in life.. and i have been thru different experiences...and we both r 2 different human beings.. i understand if u dont understand what i said....and i know life is a lot bigger then bit torrent...anwyays thanks for the replys

jr56
11-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't call it "struggle"...It was a sheer excitement, joy...Like going after big game. But since I have everything I ever wanted I try to help people the best way I can.

Same here but it sort of sucks when the hunt is finished, nothing more to chase :-(

pandabear
11-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, my story/struggle was a nice one. A friend told me you could get lost from public site, so i went at it download, but the speed was so slow, so i asked a friend how he managed with the slow speeds, and he said he download from a private site, but wouldn't give me any info on how to get onto one. Then one day i found a torrent on mininova, which lead to revott, so i quickly signed up, and later found out that i joined on one of the last days before sign ups were permanently closed. From there iw as happy, until i one day found funfile, and ended up spending sometime there, and meant a few ppl who invited me to places like oink and tl and bitmetv and told me about scc and st. From there i met a nice guy, who put me in touch with a friend of his and he invited me to places like hdbits and ct. I ended up joining a few more places thanks to oink, Then some nice guy invited me to diwana, and now all i seek is a decent e-learning tracker like bitme. I joined a few other sites between that, but that was more due to a mix of waiting for them to open doors, and asking friends, so that wasn't really much a great journey :P

Well it was a fun ride, but i wished i found this place sooner, instead of struggling to join my first private tracker :(

antipower187
11-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I traded my way up back when trading was awesome. Now, its apparently the "wrong thing to do". I don't know what the hall has happened over the last couple years but people don't like trading anymore. Which I think is retarded...

I had FTN, FTWR, Bitmetv, oink, etc. all the big names within a couple weeks of me signing up. I gave up on torrenting as it was consuming my life and I gave them all away within a couple hours.

Now I'm trying to get back into it but now that people don't like to trade it's going to be a lot harder. Now, if you want a good tracker, there's like 1 or 2 people who have it and about 15-20 people who want it. How do you get the invite when the demand is extremely high with very low supply? I used my trading to leverage my supply and I got what I wanted quickly.

McPoo
11-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't really have a struggle, since I've just gotten into the private tracker scene. I'm a complete noob whose always used public trackers, and since I don't have anything to trade it's going to be VERY hard for me to get an invite to anywhere decent...meaning it'll be a long way to get into the really good trackers.

I look forward to it. XP

Rpcry
11-26-2007, 04:36 AM
I traded my way up back when trading was awesome. Now, its apparently the "wrong thing to do". I don't know what the hall has happened over the last couple years but people don't like trading anymore. Which I think is retarded... It has been always retarded... if you want to give an invite to a site then offer it, dont ask for something in change, and if you want to get on some site then ask for it, if you dont get it then ask again, maybe one day you will get it...

stitched
11-26-2007, 04:54 AM
I traded my way up back when trading was awesome. Now, its apparently the "wrong thing to do". I don't know what the hall has happened over the last couple years but people don't like trading anymore. Which I think is retarded... It has been always retarded... if you want to give an invite to a site then offer it, dont ask for something in change, and if you want to get on some site then ask for it, if you dont get it then ask again, maybe one day you will get it...

its not retarded..if u want some thing u have to do everything[of course u have to know where to stop] u can to get it...nuthing ever comes to u for free...i have neever been handed out anything for free expect for a demonoid invite that too after i called up my friend....u can either sit down and wait for things to happen or u do sumthing about what u want...

MaaxHimself
11-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Yeah, my buddies are alot like yours G-Force.

They have no interest/probably don't even know what torrents are, and even less interested in computers.I'm usually always playing golf, basketball, wakeboarding, or snowboarding with them, and they seem content being outdoors all the time.

I also got my ScT invite from here at FST for free. (Wont state the name to save his PM box from overflowing)

I have met some members here at FST who I can relate with, and have also been fortunate enough to get into some pretty good high-level trackers. Waffles and whatcd are great as far as my music needs go.

I'm still on the quest for FTN and FSC. I dont have any interest for U*T or FTWR at the moment, however that could change.

Oh, btw, Jack Daniels is great, but I prefer Captain Morgan or Crown. They all do the trick anyhow.

slymester
09-26-2008, 11:24 PM
please i'm looking for an invitation to iptorrent for a long time ago you can invite me please thank some guys.
my email [email protected] ([email protected]) or [email protected] ([email protected])
pls
thx
you are one fucking annoying spammer

PlayeR
09-27-2008, 12:26 AM
why did u bump this?

slymester
09-27-2008, 12:28 AM
why did u bump this?
when posts get deleted things go haywire.

db_la_23
09-27-2008, 02:34 AM
i got BMTV and revtt TL. i have been looking for FTN r PTN. but no luck so far.

Cabalo
09-27-2008, 06:19 AM
well, i got into torrents many years ago, back to the suprnova days, and i kept myself there, using it moderately, as i had very low limits for downloading.
one day my ISP raised big time their international download limits, so some friends of mine that were into the newsgroups scene got me an invite to TL.
Damn, i was in shock! what an amazing site. Then one week later i was invited to RevTT. Amazing site too !
then i told some of my geeky friends to take a look at those sites and they begged me for invites, so i invited them as soon as i had invites. All of them are power users until this day.

my biggest struggle ever to get to a site is FTN, as most normal users must have. I even borrowed my seedbox back in the days to a friend of mine so he could get an invite for me, but he dished on me and i never laid my hands on it. So i suppose this was my biggest struggle, though i must admit i don't do much to look for it, and i despise those who say "i REALLY need it" to any tracker.

and hey, what's the fun if you no longer have a goal to reach? i pretty much reached mine, but curiosity is a big part of the human nature. And we're all humans, after all...