PDA

View Full Version : cpu temp monitoring program(s)

Shiranai_Baka
11-17-2007, 06:41 PM
I know this is mentioned in several threads but I can't seem to find it with the search function. What temp monitoring programs are there that I can use? I just replaced the stock thermal paste with AS5.

UntamedDarknes
11-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Well I have been using Speed Fan for a long time now and I love it

You can get it here
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

clocker
11-17-2007, 10:13 PM
CoreTemp (http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/CoreTemp/) will show you the temps of the individual cores.

Shiranai_Baka
11-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Awesome. Thanks a lot guys. I had nTune before but when I tried to uninstall and install a newer version, the old version had lodged itself into my registry so I couldn't install the new one.

Detale
11-19-2007, 03:55 AM
Also Everest (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html) is a good program

kooftspc11
11-19-2007, 04:48 AM
speedfan

accept no substitutions

Charles Lindbergh
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Shiranai_Baka.

I hope that you'll find what's best soultion for you.

Second Generation Monitors:

Motherboard Monitor is an excellent program that handles a wide variety of motherboards and sensors, but is no longer in development. Since the package will never be released open-source, as time goes on, it will be less and less usable. Thanks for your efforts, Alex van Kaam!

If you have an Intel motherboard or motherboard based on an Intel Chipset, such as the Intel P35 Chipset, you can utilize the Intel Active Monitor.

Third Generation Monitors:

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor circuits. What really sets SpeedFan apart is that it can change fan speeds (if supported by your computers hardware) according to the temperatures measured inside your PC. SpeedFan makes it possible for you to run your PC as quietly as possible, while also running it safely.

Hmonitor is really a cross breed between second and third generation monitoring software. If you purchase the professional version of the software can preempt a change in CPU frequency or fan speed based on an event.

Regards !!!

kaiweiler
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi Shiranai_Baka.

I hope that you'll find what's best soultion for you.

Second Generation Monitors:

Motherboard Monitor is an excellent program that handles a wide variety of motherboards and sensors, but is no longer in development. Since the package will never be released open-source, as time goes on, it will be less and less usable. Thanks for your efforts, Alex van Kaam!

If you have an Intel motherboard or motherboard based on an Intel Chipset, such as the Intel P35 Chipset, you can utilize the Intel Active Monitor.

Third Generation Monitors:

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor circuits. What really sets SpeedFan apart is that it can change fan speeds (if supported by your computers hardware) according to the temperatures measured inside your PC. SpeedFan makes it possible for you to run your PC as quietly as possible, while also running it safely.

Hmonitor is really a cross breed between second and third generation monitoring software. If you purchase the professional version of the software can preempt a change in CPU frequency or fan speed based on an event.

Regards !!!

Nice post 100mbit

I recommend Speedfan, nice little program.