PDA

View Full Version : The poll version of Waffles vs What

WarrenBuffet
11-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Looks like What.cd is getting their act together and Waffles is still blooming. With about 20k members at What and 36000 torrents. Waffles has 12k members and 46k torrents.
Now is the time to make the true Waffles vs What thread.

I remembered to add a poll now, so vote here

mysterious
11-17-2007, 09:40 PM
voted on waffles

MaaxHimself
11-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Waffles right now

WarrenBuffet
11-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh snap, unlike my last Poll where What.cd dominated, I think our friend time told us the true winner.

GoLDeN
11-17-2007, 09:51 PM
voted on waffles

Polarbear
11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
i still think it's a little early to judge. voted for waffles for one reason. i got four requests filled so far that i was searching for a very long time.

so it's more a personal vote for the waffles community, because i think what is an excellent tracker as well.

Sench
11-17-2007, 09:56 PM
waffles ofc

fOrUmAs
11-17-2007, 09:57 PM
i voted for what.cd

Actatoi
11-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Please if you are gonna post about which tracker you voted for you could atleast type a few more words about why you did it. Myself I do not have both yet so I cannot properly vote just yet.

Probability
11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
I voted for what cd. Waffles has more torrents but what has alot more users. 4 torrents per seed is too slow.

OnEyM
11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
not a member of what.cd, but i think that waffles are better, cuz i like that site more and a lot of torrents in such an small time is promissing

arkiebrian
11-17-2007, 11:27 PM
not a member of what.cd, but i think that waffles are better, cuz i like that site more and a lot of torrents in such an small time is promissing

How can you say that if you've never seen What?

Adama
11-18-2007, 01:27 AM
voted on waffles

WarrenBuffet
11-18-2007, 02:26 AM
I would prefer ur a member on both, if not 1 lol. If ur not a member of any, your vote would just be useless now, wouldn't it?

scribble
11-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Waffles because i got this:

Dear registered user of the site What.cd,

We have recently been investigating the activities of the users of the
site http://www.what.cd/ and we have found that this site exists for the
sole purpose of music piracy.

Pirating music is a criminal offence and we believe it should be obvious
to you that the results outweigh the benefits - hard working artists
won't be rewarded for their work and will stop producing music,
ultimately leading to a severely reduced selection of music both in the
shops and for download.

The RIAA had hoped that the disabling by the police of the large illegal
music site, Oink.cd, would stop a lot of people from engaging in piracy,
as they don't want to be seen as criminals. However, this appears to
not be the case, as two large new sites have sprung up in its place.

This email is the final warning to all of you who were members of
Oink.cd and are current members of What.cd. If we find you to be
committing any more criminal acts of piracy then we will have to press
charges against you, as representatives of the major record companies of
America.

Yours Faithfully,

The RIAA

WarrenBuffet
11-18-2007, 02:59 AM
ROFL, true dat. Can't argue with that. +1

We have recently been investigating the activities of the users of the
site http://www.what.cd/ and we have found that this site exists for the
sole purpose of music piracy.

Pirating music is a criminal offence and we believe it should be obvious
to you that the results outweigh the benefits - hard working artists
won't be rewarded for their work and will stop producing music,
ultimately leading to a severely reduced selection of music both in the
shops and for download.

The RIAA had hoped that the disabling by the police of the large illegal
music site, Oink.cd, would stop a lot of people from engaging in piracy,
as they don't want to be seen as criminals. However, this appears to
not be the case, as two large new sites have sprung up in its place.

This email is the final warning to all of you who were members of
Oink.cd and are current members of What.cd. If we find you to be
committing any more criminal acts of piracy then we will have to press
America.

Yours Faithfully,

The RIAA

scribble
11-18-2007, 03:54 AM
:)

Polarbear
11-18-2007, 04:21 AM
:whistling

you can donate for invites at waffles

scribble
11-18-2007, 04:24 AM
but you don't have to do you?

Grind$oFine
11-18-2007, 04:29 AM
I like Waffles more, it's really nice whereas, I don't any special feelings about what.cd yet.

Plus, "what" is so confusing to talk about in a sentence if you don't add the ".cd".

dave12
11-18-2007, 05:03 AM
wait for at least 6 months then it will be decided whether what or waffles or something else

aysomc
11-18-2007, 08:18 AM
i like waffles better at the moment, more uptime, more torrents, more private. MORE BETTERRRRRRRRRRR

Unstable1
11-18-2007, 08:26 AM
i voted for what.cd for several reasons. firstly, its the site im a member of, im not in waffles yet and ive built a 52GB buffer so far on what, and secondly, unless waffles has changed their categories and added Audio Books, then it is a lesser site than what.cd because im keen on downloading audio books, which oink was good for too.

if waffles does had a good selection of audio books, then my opinion may change once ive got in to waffles, but i do like the feel of what.cd so im hoping it wins out in the longer term.

NickySantoro
11-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I am a member both very good tracker. I vote for waffles, because it is more stable, has more torrents and nice design.

redMonster
11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
voted for what.cd. more peers right now.

arkiebrian
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Waffles doesn't have an audio books category...What does.

redMonster
11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Waffles doesn't have an audio books category...What does.waffles doesn't have apps section also.

Presto
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I'd personally go for waffles, but then again neither of them can replace oink. :|

fOrUmAs
11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Waffles doesn't have an audio books category...What does.waffles doesn't have apps section also.

that sucks...site like waffle should have at least apps..

tiolewis
11-18-2007, 03:40 PM
I must to say Waffles.fm

sonofisis
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM
For now, I say STMusic is the best only due to the fact that What.CD has waaaaay too much downtime and too many bugs. I assume waffles is better than STMusic, though I wouldn't know how. Though unlike STMusic and waffles, What has audio books and apps. If it weren't for the bugs, etc, I'd be perfectly happy with What. Besides that, it's awesome, but I get really annoyed when things don't work like they should.

prescript
12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
still 2 early

jesper12345
12-05-2007, 09:28 PM
What´s up with the e-penis thing in this forum? Every single poll is about who pwns who

prescript
12-05-2007, 09:33 PM
its ok i think people just want the best site?

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
its too early to see who is the better site, or if not they will be on par, somehow.. so i havent put my vote yet :)

fOrUmAs
12-05-2007, 09:44 PM
well i have now member on both waffle and whatcd and im sure that whatcd is probably the best atm..no one cant compare with him

Ænima
12-05-2007, 10:20 PM
waffles is level 4.
what.cd is level 3.

ergo waffles is bettAR?

sauce (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-what-trackers-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446)

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 10:27 PM
just means its more rare, since what.cd invites go like hotcakes

9NINE
12-05-2007, 10:27 PM
voted for waffles

shygrrrl
12-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Waffles has apps now.

Ænima
12-05-2007, 11:11 PM
This letter looks like a fake. Commentary in red.

We have recently been investigating the activities of the users of the site http://www.what.cd/ and we have found that this site exists for the sole purpose of music piracy.
<!-- Lie. Read what.cd's disclaimer. The site shifts full responsibility onto the users of the site, should they upload and share something copyrighted illegally. The site exists for filesharing, a legally neutral action. Not to mention the fact that the have categories from audio books and ebooks alone proves that this first sentence is false. The RIAA would know this. Absolutes are also very irrational, especially when stated in a formal letter that could be address by you potentially in the court of law.-->

Pirating music is a criminal offence and we believe it should be obvious to you that the results outweigh the benefits - hard working artists won't be rewarded for their work and will stop producing music,
ultimately leading to a severely reduced selection of music both in the shops and for download.
<!-- The RIAA does not need to display their rational of the law to you, a criminal. They do that in court. This is a superfluous paragraph, the topic of which I have never seen in any legitimate letter addressed to ThePirateBay. Please correct me if I am wrong, of course. -->

The RIAA <!-- So the RIAA is speaking in the third person, now? --> had hoped that the disabling by the police of the large illegal music site, Oink.cd, would stop a lot of people from engaging in piracy, as they don't want to be seen as criminals. However, this appears to not be the case, as two large new sites have sprung up in its place.

This email is the final warning to all of you who were members of Oink.cd and are current members of What.cd. If we find you to be committing any more criminal acts of piracy then we will have to press charges against you, as representatives of the major record companies of America.
<!-- What else is new? Taking down the site person-by-person is a waste of money. The truth is that, since what.cd is in Sweden, the site is free from persecution - just like ThePirateBay. Also, why is this letter specifically address to former members of Oink, as if the RIAA has a personal vendetta against them. That may be true, but I doubt that it would be expressed in a formal letter.-->

Yours Faithfully, <!-- Faithfully? To whom? Certainly not scribbles, the recipient of this letter. Maybe to the musicians they represent? Why would a hostile threat letter end with "Yours Faithfully"? -->

The RIAA <!-- The Author of this letter is conveniently vague. If this were a formal letter, the acronym RIAA would be replaced by that which it abbreviates - for formality's sake. -->

Correct me if I'm wrong.

danio
12-05-2007, 11:27 PM
This letter looks like a fake. Commentary in red.

We have recently been investigating the activities of the users of the site http://www.what.cd/ and we have found that this site exists for the sole purpose of music piracy.
<!-- Lie. Read what.cd's disclaimer. The site shifts full responsibility onto the users of the site, should they upload and share something copyrighted illegally. The site exists for filesharing, a legally neutral action. Not to mention the fact that the have categories from audio books and ebooks alone proves that this first sentence is false. The RIAA would know this. Absolutes are also very irrational, especially when stated in a formal letter that could be address by you potentially in the court of law.-->

Pirating music is a criminal offence and we believe it should be obvious to you that the results outweigh the benefits - hard working artists won't be rewarded for their work and will stop producing music,
ultimately leading to a severely reduced selection of music both in the shops and for download.
<!-- The RIAA does not need to display their rational of the law to you, a criminal. They do that in court. This is a superfluous paragraph, the topic of which I have never seen in any legitimate letter addressed to ThePirateBay. Please correct me if I am wrong, of course. -->

The RIAA <!-- So the RIAA is speaking in the third person, now? --> had hoped that the disabling by the police of the large illegal music site, Oink.cd, would stop a lot of people from engaging in piracy, as they don't want to be seen as criminals. However, this appears to not be the case, as two large new sites have sprung up in its place.

This email is the final warning to all of you who were members of Oink.cd and are current members of What.cd. If we find you to be committing any more criminal acts of piracy then we will have to press charges against you, as representatives of the major record companies of America.
<!-- What else is new? Taking down the site person-by-person is a waste of money. The truth is that, since what.cd is in Sweden, the site is free from persecution - just like ThePirateBay. Also, why is this letter specifically address to former members of Oink, as if the RIAA has a personal vendetta against them. That may be true, but I doubt that it would be expressed in a formal letter.-->

Yours Faithfully, <!-- Faithfully? To whom? Certainly not scribbles, the recipient of this letter. Maybe to the musicians they represent? Why would a hostile threat letter end with "Yours Faithfully"? -->

The RIAA <!-- The Author of this letter is conveniently vague. If this were a formal letter, the acronym RIAA would be replaced by that which it abbreviates - for formality's sake. -->

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That letter is fake, and you can read info about this from the staff on the news page.

Ænima
12-05-2007, 11:59 PM
That letter is fake, and you can read info about this from the staff on the news page.
Can you provide a link? Haha I found it.

Hanz™
12-06-2007, 12:52 AM
:whistling

you can donate for invites at waffles
YOU CANNOT DONATE FOR INVITES AT WAFFLES.
Anybody that says you can is lying, and I would know!

Hazardous
12-06-2007, 12:59 AM
waffles

pandabear
12-06-2007, 07:10 AM

America.

Yours Faithfully,

The RIAA
Nice so you judge a site based on a email you get instead of the content and speeds... :frusty:

foxsta
12-06-2007, 10:29 AM
i support what.cd :w00t:

nista
12-06-2007, 10:36 AM
why waffel vs what i think when u use both than u get the best results

JokerMan
12-06-2007, 11:06 AM
although i have only What.cd (i am searching for a waffles invite :)) i voted for waffles

kyrcer
12-06-2007, 11:25 AM
I have what.cd so I voted for what.

ranran1234
12-06-2007, 12:02 PM
i dunno how many torrents waffles got but right now
what.cd got 60k torrents and its growing really fast!
so i voted what

hijump
12-06-2007, 12:12 PM
What.cd ...

wheeloftime
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
although i have only What.cd (i am searching for a waffles invite :)) i voted for waffles

:frusty:

eyeb4ll
12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
waffles ftw

Unstable1
12-06-2007, 12:32 PM
im now a member of both sites and honestly i couldnt pick which i think is better. its still too early to say, imo.

waffles has nicer looking stylesheets and more torrents and is more private. it also has apps now and they plan to add ebooks and audiobooks, ive just read in the forums.

what.cd has more categories and what feels like a friendlier community.

time will tell, but i dont think theres a clear winner just yet.

IceTee
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
im now a member of both sites and honestly i couldnt pick which i think is better. its still too early to say, imo.

waffles has nicer looking stylesheets and more torrents and is more private. it also has apps now and they plan to add ebooks and audiobooks, ive just read in the forums.

what.cd has more categories and what feels like a friendlier community.

time will tell, but i dont think theres a clear winner just yet.

+1

Funny tough, Waffles has more torrents but I keep finding what I need in What.

But one thing is for sure... they both rock :yup:

marksman
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
well..this poll is kinda not fair..as u c..members of what.cd are much more than waffles.fm

anywayz am voting for waffles

waffles FTW

Giallorosso
12-06-2007, 01:42 PM
ofcours waffles

onlinetragedy
12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
stmusic - better community - better layout - better speeds - 50k+ users - 45k+ torrents - 170k+ peers - fuck yeah :)

and yes i have had accs on all 3 sites.

Unstable1
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
stmusic may currently have the most users, but it has the least number of torrents and lacks several important categories. the community is no better than what's and the layout of stmusic is no better than what or waffles, my favourite being waffles, then what, and last of all stmusic.

unless stmusic at least expands its categories, its not even in the running.

and yes, im a member of all 3 sites too.

D3LBOY
12-06-2007, 03:24 PM
voted on what

orfik
12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Cut this shit out.

dwatowski
12-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I wish I could vote in this poll, but no invite means no opinion.

IceTee
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM
stmusic may currently have the most users, but it has the least number of torrents and lacks several important categories. the community is no better than what's and the layout of stmusic is no better than what or waffles, my favourite being waffles, then what, and last of all stmusic.

unless stmusic at least expands its categories, its not even in the running.

and yes, im a member of all 3 sites too.

+1 ;)

stmusic - 1. better community - 2. better layout - 3. better speeds - 4. 50k+ users - 5. 45k+ torrents - 6. 170k+ peers - fuck yeah :)

1. Don't think so
2. Definitely NOT
3. Don't agree ether. Been having speeds at What and Waffles that I never had in STMusic
4. Doesn't mean a thing (What and Waffles have less users and more torrents and more seed)
5. What has 15k more / Waffles has 25k more
6. (What) 20k more (Waffles = ?)

I like STMusic but as Unstable1 said... it's not in the race

birney29
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
+1 ;)

stmusic - 1. better community - 2. better layout - 3. better speeds - 4. 50k+ users - 5. 45k+ torrents - 6. 170k+ peers - fuck yeah :)

1. Don't think so
2. Definitely NOT
3. Don't agree ether. Been having speeds at What and Waffles that I never had in STMusic
4. Doesn't mean a thing (What and Waffles have less users and more torrents and more seed)
5. What has 15k more / Waffles has 25k more
6. (What) 20k more (Waffles = ?)

I like STMusic but as Unstable1 said... it's not in the race
STMusic who are they :rolleyes:

Blackbeard
12-06-2007, 06:00 PM
what.cd + waffles is pretty good.

Geana
12-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm a member of both, and I choose What. I use it a lot more. I like the fact that Waffles allows apps now, but until audio books and e-learning materials are allowed (They were at OiNK!) I'll prefer What. If you are in only for the music, then Waffles might be right for you.

grimms
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Can only base my opinion on what at this time. i love feels like it may be the new oink in a few years if it lasts.

mievmo
12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
another stupid poll :/

Magnum
12-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Voted on Waffles!!

sonofisis
12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
^Why? Why are people stating that they voted, without giving any reasoning?

deuce6000
12-06-2007, 09:21 PM
What.cd is great but the tracker problems are a little annoying right now.Once they are stable i think they will be the clear cut better tracker.

t0mmy
12-06-2007, 09:44 PM
and their new site theme is smexy! :D