PDA

View Full Version : uncapping

your_creator
11-18-2007, 01:38 AM
hi i have a d-link dcm-202 any tips on how to safely uncap it? thank you in advance :happy:

Detale
11-19-2007, 12:54 AM
I looked into Uncapping my modem a while back and I remember not doing it because as it turns out it's illegal to do in the USA because it's considered "stealing bandwith" Also I remember that they will catch you in a matter of hours. I dont know if this info is still true but be careful or you could find yourself paying fines up the ass and not haveing cable ( if thats what you have ) TV or internet ever again.

kooftspc11
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
i agree with above poster

it is highly illegal and after taking a look into exactly how it is done...id say its alot of work. you may be able to get away with it in short spurts but it involves hacking your modems firmware thus causing potential instability in the future

Detale
11-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Not to mention Fines and Losing your cable for life or so they say

your_creator
11-22-2007, 07:00 AM
I looked into Uncapping my modem a while back and I remember not doing it because as it turns out it's illegal to do in the USA because it's considered "stealing bandwith" Also I remember that they will catch you in a matter of hours. I dont know if this info is still true but be careful or you could find yourself paying fines up the ass and not haveing cable ( if thats what you have ) TV or internet ever again.
thank you for your response