PDA

View Full Version : scc thanked me with a ban

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 04:58 AM
I was a FLS member but I slowly got tired of my position. I wanted to just be a normal user. I asked to resign from FLS but instead I was banned for it.

I spent every day to help people as much as I could. If I saw someone with a bad ratio that would most likely be banned I would PM them and help them out as much as possible. When staff would find someone breaking a rule I would ask them to not ban the person and I would message them to make sure they understood the rules properly. I always worked hard to help others because I realized that most of the time people are ignorant and are not intentionally trying to do something wrong.

Because being FLS took up so much time and the growing need for other activities in real life I became tired of my FLS position.

I really liked SCC for the time I was on there. It is terrible it had to end this way, but regardless I know it isn't the end of the world. Next time I simply will be more cautious as to where to spend my time and only help places that explicitly want the help.

Kyl3KK
11-18-2007, 05:01 AM
That's not cool... are you sure that's the only reason?

raj3186
11-18-2007, 05:03 AM
there maybe some other reason cuz nobody will ban for getting down from the FLS.

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 05:08 AM
That's not cool... are you sure that's the only reason?
Before I asked to resign from FLS I was told that if I complain to staff about anything I would be banned, so in a way asking to resign is complaining kind of. (i think)

I think this is what happened but it is speculation:
I was told that [i'd be banned if I complained about anything] because someone on staff removed my IRC status in a channel (just half op. nothing big) and then added it back. Another staff member saw this and thought I complained about my % being removed and that is why it came back. However I never complained or said anything. I was idle, so it was something to do internally with staff I didn't know about. Regardless what happened I was told not to complain about anything or I would be banned. Requesting to leave FLS could be considered a complaint? No idea but it is a reason to ban me I think. (remember speculation. i'm guessing)

SgtMajor
11-18-2007, 05:22 AM
Now that is just plain vindictive childishness on another level, how sad is that? No matter how the parting of the ways happened, you should have at least left with being made VIP and on amicable terms.

Think of it as the intwerwebz being a better place due to your increased involvement in other areas, and that SCC is the one losing out.

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 05:31 AM
I do think of it that way. I was one of if not the most active member on scc for a couple of months.

The truth is I felt better after leaving. I thought I would be all stressed out but the opposite happened. All of the stress and the responsibility went away so I could relax a whole lot more.

I'm not depressed about this or trying to get attention. The truth is I made this post because multiple people requested it. Probably because of all the dirt that accumulates. Certain people get their hands dirty over time if that makes any sense at all.

Kyl3KK
11-18-2007, 05:50 AM
That sucks. I like SCC and all, but ever since they banned GRiM, it's lost some of its specialness to me. It was where I would go for pre-scene news. Now they ban FLS?

:(

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 05:54 AM
i don't know if I should say this but staff has been banned in the past for probably the same reason I was banned.

That reminds me. EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS: if anyone knows grim's contact info please PM it to me or ask him to PM me here. He is a really nice guy and I hate it when I loose contact with such awesome people.

It is kind of funny. After grim got banned all I had was his IP address so I got into his computer (didn't root it or anything) and kept sending messages to his FTP server and other services. I don't think he caught on and realized and then my IP was banned from either his box or home computer. Probably automated for spamming different messages through different protocols. lol maybe I should have just tried to get into his box and left a .txt for him to read. :P

Kyl3KK
11-18-2007, 06:12 AM
He's on TopHos too I think.

I have his mail, can I PM it to you?

Feeling
11-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Not very nice :O

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 06:29 AM
He's on TopHos too I think.

I have his mail, can I PM it to you?
please do

THANK YOU! i feel like i owe you something now..

Kyl3KK
11-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Nah you don't owe me anything. :) It's no problem.

Bo$$4Life
11-18-2007, 06:39 AM
damn that sucks...sorry 2 hear that if it's true....

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 06:47 AM
it is ok. it really isn't that big of a deal. honestly :pimp:

KARLOZ25
11-18-2007, 07:07 AM
I know GRiM...

He is a SYS-OP at GC.

He also uploads @ BS

He also recently aquired a RaBBiT account.

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 07:14 AM
i emailed him a bit ago. thanks for the info but i think i'm fine now. if not I'll contact you if that is ok.

thank you :)

fazzy07
11-18-2007, 07:56 AM
SCC staff is on top of my shitlist

Sorry to hear that DanielleD87, you ll get better opportunities at better places.

Let the site run by some half brain monkeys

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 08:02 AM
ohhh don't say that fazzy! a good number of the staff on scc are my friends and scc is quite a good site. It rivals ScT and FTN and a lot of the time is better at least with pre times.

also, i do have better opportunities. it is frustrating when you can't pass trial because of being out of town or loosing an account because of a quota issue for the same reason, but loosing access to a bt site? naa that is not that frustrating.

no one should be on anyones shit list without a personal reason. just because your friend said someone sucks doesn't mean they do. you have to go out and find out who is compatible with you and if they are not it isn't the end of the world because there are far more people out there who are nice and open and accepting then the people who are not and it isn't worth the time and effort to dwell on the few you can't get along with. move on and learn from it. that is my 2 cents. scc if anything is a really good site. so what I had a couple of problems? if you don't then why should you dislike scc?

sorry i'm ranting here..

Bad Blue Boy
11-18-2007, 08:31 AM
yeah thats really not ok !!!
scc is a great tracker i hope that you can get it back!!!!
did you talk with them

blackbird
11-18-2007, 08:32 AM
who banned you ? chalisto ?

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 09:29 AM
pm me if you really want to know, but i'm not going to mention names. i think the answer is somewhat obvious for most blackbird. ;)

sirhsv
11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Would you like an invite??

fOrUmAs
11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
SCC staff is on top of my shitlist

i must agree with you on this,that is why i never contact any of the staff and probably never will..have seen many times staff behave and i didnt like what i see there..:(

Polarbear
11-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I was a FLS member but I slowly got tired of my position. I wanted to just be a normal user. I asked to resign from FLS but instead I was banned for it.

I spent every day to help people as much as I could. If I saw someone with a bad ratio that would most likely be banned I would PM them and help them out as much as possible. When staff would find someone breaking a rule I would ask them to not ban the person and I would message them to make sure they understood the rules properly. I always worked hard to help others because I realized that most of the time people are ignorant and are not intentionally trying to do something wrong.

Because being FLS took up so much time and the growing need for other activities in real life I became tired of my FLS position.

I really liked SCC for the time I was on there. It is terrible it had to end this way, but regardless I know it isn't the end of the world. Next time I simply will be more cautious as to where to spend my time and only help places that explicitly want the help.

this is really unbelievable. i'm with you danielle. if you need anything, let me know :)

sad day for some site's reputation level i guess.

Sylar666
11-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Weird story...I never thought it could have happened on SCC. In fact I've never noticed Grim had been banned ( I ain't that frequent poster on that very forum).Just enjoyed his informative comments and suddenly they are gone...

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 10:52 AM
thank you polarbear. i really appreciate it.

honestly, i'm surprised. For such an emo thread I made I didn't expect there to be so many caring people willing to help as well as others who share the same feelings all along. I'm not alone and your support shows it. thank you :)

oh and sylar there is weirder stories about scc, but there is no reason to bad mouth others.

Polarbear
11-18-2007, 12:17 PM
i'm curious if somebody from staff is gonna give their feedback on this.

there were some people whining about being disabled here before and from my pov their ban reason was always justified.

but this sounds with all due respect like a very unfair treatment to me and i'm a little dissapointed, because it is really one of my favourite sites.

so if somebody from staff reads this, i think i'm not the only one that would appreciate an official statement on that topic.

horiZen
11-18-2007, 01:45 PM
also had a disagreement with a 'certain" staff member @scc,,still a member there though(diff name,,lol)

i'm sure "that" staff member will read this comment,,,being blatantly rude and arrogant just because u have the power(as staff) is not the way to build a community

lilpiggie
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
That was quite a "thank you" to give someone for helping out others. Can't think of anything that could justify a ban for wanting to step down.

I were one of the FLS at TiT, and remember that helping a few ppl with various things could take quite some time :)

Rpcry
11-18-2007, 02:34 PM
well sorry for you, what a bad actitude fromo them :(. Anyway, wth were you doing helping a pay to leech site (yeah chalisto, you blame sct but scc is a p2l too) that kick its members when they aint able to login on a week. :(
sorry

markupmaster
11-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow...That's pretty screwed up...

:(

sleepyy
11-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Now that is just plain vindictive childishness on another level, how sad is that? No matter how the parting of the ways happened, you should have at least left with being made VIP and on amicable terms.

Think of it as the intwerwebz being a better place due to your increased involvement in other areas, and that SCC is the one losing out.

This is what tends to happen most of the time when i have noticed other staff members being demoted forwhat ever reason if they are a good member but can not be bothered to carry on their current active role in the site they get put to vip status a bad staff member will obviously be banned i'm sure there is more to this story than there is written if not they are plain and simple BLeep BLeep Bleep Bleep few more.

Polarbear
11-18-2007, 03:00 PM
This is what tends to happen most of the time when i have noticed other staff members being demoted forwhat ever reason...

she wasn't demoted, she asked for resignment and apparently got an instant ban as a reply.

Sench
11-18-2007, 03:05 PM
really weird:(
i still have ur kind replies to my messages in my pm inbox there :(

Chalisto
11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi there bunny, let me explain why exactly you got banned.

1. You were requesting invites from various staff members.
- You got warned for it. No problem.

2. Sick jokes? Two-timing? Rings any bells?

3. Kicking random people in IRC for no reason, was the reason you got your half-op removed. Then a weak staff member gave it back, because you were whining. So I removed it, and told you to stop whining.

4. You started some bullshit thread in the forums, and told everyone you were resigning, like you were some queen.

You only brought trouble, so you got banned. Only thing you are doing here is looking like a complete idiot.

About GRiM, he is back. Under another nick, and keeps doing whatever he did. He got disabled for acting like he was the god in the forums, warned multiple times. Flamed staff, and users. He said sorry and got back.

About previous staff members getting banned, that has nothing to do with you guys. We did have some shitty people as staffers. The well respected ones are still online, and some are under different nicknames.

Really unnecessary to make this thread, trying to make us look bad in anyway, while you have yourself to thank for being banned.

PS: I know from a pm sent to another staffer that you were expecting a ban when you made that thread. Don't forget to take care of your ScT account, I think that after this they will love to get in your pants.

Feeling
11-18-2007, 06:40 PM
trying to make us look bad in anyway

:lol:

Don't forget to take care of your ScT account, I think that after this they will love to get in your pants.

:rolleyes:

LinkS v2.0
11-18-2007, 06:45 PM
on scc I once got a 4 month warning just for asking nicely if I could get my accounts name changed.

Chalisto
11-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Haha, Feeling. Are YOU really the right one to talk about that?

:shutup:

Links thats a load for bullshit. :mellow:

LinkS v2.0
11-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Links thats a load for bullshit. :mellow:

on whos end?
:blink:

Chalisto
11-18-2007, 06:57 PM
From your side. ;)

fOrUmAs
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
We did have some shitty people as staffers.

on this i agree,staff there was one of the worst ever..hope u will learn from that mistakes..and get people that really understand and willing to help others.

and btw i have thought that this could be bunny last time when i see him it was scene power or user dont rememeber

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 07:38 PM
1. You were requesting invites from various staff members.
- You got warned for it. No problem.
That is true, but if I was to explain WHY I was asking for them then it might make you look even worse. The only reason I'm not saying is because it is private with SCC staff and until you guys make it public I'm not going to say anything.

Don't give me a job that requires getting info from other bt sites I'm not on. sheesh

2. Sick jokes? Two-timing? Rings any bells?
no it doesn't.

3. Kicking random people in IRC for no reason, was the reason you got your half-op removed. Then a weak staff member gave it back, because you were whining. So I removed it, and told you to stop whining.
This is not true. Maybe you should ask him what happened instead of guessing. He removed it and he put it back on his own. It had nothing to do with me wining. Also, I didn't just kick random people. If someone broke a rule in the channel I always pmed them and asked them to stop. If they didn't I would kick them to get their attention and pm them explaining what they did wrong. I never randomly kicked anyone.

4. You started some bullshit thread in the forums, and told everyone you were resigning, like you were some queen.
How is me asking to resign from FLS bullshit?

DeVisual
11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
That is true, but if I was to explain WHY I was asking for them then it might make you look even worse. The only reason I'm not saying is because it is private with SCC staff and until you guys make it public I'm not going to say anything.

Don't give me a job that requires getting info from other bt sites I'm not on. sheesh

Well instead of you trying to start rumors and other stuff..
We have a channel with a bot that we use to see what other sites upload, to compare pretimes. Much like TRacers or any other project like that.
We let our FLS, Uploaders and staff into those channels. They were never meant to be public, and are never gonna be. You simply offered to help out, and was pointed to what you could do. none of it required you to have a account on those trackers. Simple as that.

This is not true. Maybe you should ask him what happened instead of guessing. He removed it and he put it back on his own. It had nothing to do with me wining. Also, I didn't just kick random people. If someone broke a rule in the channel I always pmed them and asked them to stop. If they didn't I would kick them to get their attention and pm them explaining what they did wrong. I never randomly kicked anyone.
Do i really have to go digg up some logfiles ? The +h was removed due to you "abusing" it, indeed we talked it over. And i gave it back, tho the rest of the staff did'nt agree with me on that decision, hence it was removed again.

A simple pm to a staff member would suffice.

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Well instead of you trying to start rumors and other stuff..
We have a channel with a bot that we use to see what other sites upload, to compare pretimes. Much like TRacers or any other project like that.
We let our FLS, Uploaders and staff into those channels. They were never meant to be public, and are never gonna be. You simply offered to help out, and was pointed to what you could do. none of it required you to have a account on those trackers. Simple as that.
you forgot to mention the part about the hacked accounts used to get that info. i asked for invites because I wanted to be legit.

Do i really have to go digg up some logfiles ? The +h was removed due to you "abusing" it, indeed we talked it over. And i gave it back, tho the rest of the staff did'nt agree with me on that decision, hence it was removed again.
I was abusing it for asking people to follow the rules I was told to do? Why should it be considered abuse when I kick someone for spamming the channel, yet it isn't abuse when you randomly play around and give people @ for fun?

A simple pm to a staff member would suffice.
I did but didn't receive a response. Also, I realized that people should know why I wanted to leave FLS and that I was still around to help if they really needed it. Leaving people in the dark isn't fun. It starts rumors.

rapesauce10
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
you forgot to mention the part about the hacked accounts used to get that info. i asked for invites because I wanted to be legit.

That's quite the accusation there, willing to back it up?

Zeus
11-18-2007, 09:56 PM
So the kicking on irc thing was dealt with by removing her hop status. The asking for invites thing (which isnt exactly the most serious of breaches) was dealt with by a warning. So basically it's true she was banned for starting a forum thread. Pathetic.

Given that SCC stole ScT's user database and spammed everyone on it in a pathetic attempt to get new users to join their site and given that Chalisto has (according to several admins) stolen and sold on someone else's code, it wouldnt surprise me that SCC would go as far as hacking accounts.

Fabulous
11-18-2007, 10:00 PM
lol, what are you talking about, "woman" ?!

you go around starting arguements and bitch about things not being fair. and THEN you have the guts to go around telling people we are dictators and dont respect others. and on top of that you say you dont whine and act normal.

we dont start rumours... YOU do. false rumours...

Chalisto
11-18-2007, 10:01 PM
:lol: Yeah please, mention the hacked accounts. I forgot that I am the mighty hacker that hacked ScT a while back. At least that is what they would like to think.

-

Yes you was abusing, and I cannot see who the fuck cares about this anyway. Besides your ego, that is.

-

ROFL at thinking people needed to know you stepped down as First Line Support. It's not like you were staff or anything. Talk about attention craving girls.

And please do a more thorough job next time you want to start some rumors. This one was just stupid.

:whistling

pro267
11-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, I've seen some people throwing dirt at SCC staff, so I just wanted to add something to try and balance it. I had a couple of encounters with SCC staff, and in both of them they were extremely nice and helpful. I specifically remember a situation where I was waiting at the IRC support channel for an answer, but had to leave the channel due to other pressing matters. When I logged back into the site I got a PM from Chalisto with an answer to my question.

Now how many staffers do you know who would actually do that for an ordinary user?

fOrUmAs
11-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Given that SCC stole ScT's user database and spammed everyone on it in a pathetic attempt to get new users to join their site and given that Chalisto has (according to several admins) stolen and sold on someone else's code, it wouldnt surprise me that SCC would go as far as hacking accounts.

wow this is serious..give some more info abouth this please.:O

Chalisto
11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Haha, yes. Please do! I've got nothing to hide. ;)

Polarbear
11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
wow, the whole scc crew and one girl - what's going on here? :)

Mems
11-18-2007, 10:23 PM
may not for that ?? SCC is good tracker and staff too

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 11:42 PM
This has become pointless.

Because I respect SCC I'm not going to dig deeper into this matter. It is the past and is my issue not anyone elses. There is no reason for this thread to go on regardless what the situation is.

Thank you for all of your support (you know who you are). I'm out. ttfn

Defy
11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
It's sad that people go to such extremes when they have "power" over the internets. Just an FYI... that doesn't make you win... at anything.

I'm sorry to hear about this DanielleD87, it's very disheartening to know that's how little others care about people who only wanted to help a community and make it stronger.

SCiMiTAR
11-19-2007, 12:05 AM
lol...a great read.

pandabear
11-19-2007, 01:17 AM
This looks like someone sour over being banned, so tried to make scc staff look like the bad guy. I find it hard anyone is willing to believe her.

mrnobody
11-19-2007, 01:33 AM
I read the WHOLE thread but still i can't make any particular judgment. Perhaps coz i dunno Deniel neither SCC staff at all. But, one thing really does strike me...

wow, the whole scc crew and one girl - what's going on here? :)

If it was one staff i would be on your side...but freaking its the whole crew. If in this case i am to say, they all are dumb...that means i am basically dumb.

Plus, i don't have bad experience with staff there, i spammed a lil there (one day)..and the sysop himself was playing nice with me ;)

Polarbear
11-19-2007, 01:46 AM
/me goes looking for some cuckold pr0n.

mrnobody
11-19-2007, 02:13 AM
/me goes looking for some cuckold pr0n.

:blink:

claudandus
11-21-2007, 08:18 PM
geez... somehow this sounds vewwy familiar to me :lol:

power abusing sysops that think they are everything just because they have some crappy p2l site (yeah scene sellout sucks bigtime)
with a big load of paying users, banning their staffs, FLS, etc.
because of blahblah that they cant solve as adult ppl because they have too much power, which you must feel and submit to otherwise...
/me is known with that phenomenon thanks to Club Felcher (an acronym ^^)

DanielleD87, i Believe you, without any doubt, and i srsly hope that you'll find a better place/Community to make new friends that DO know what people like you are worth <3
(oh and, i reallyweallymucho :wub: your avatar <3)

Hazardous
11-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow that really sucks, you were my buddy on there too bunny. You're the only one I really talked to on there

Maybe a bunny will cheer you up a little?

,d888888888b,
,dP"' `"Qb,
,d88buP" "Qud88b,
dP" 8' .. .. `8 "Qb
dP" .::8 _ :.@; _ ;@.: _ 8::. "Qb
,8' .::dP" `.' "Qb::. `8,
dP .::: 8( `--^--' )8:::. Qb
8' ::::"Qba,.., ,..,adP":::: `8
,8 ::::::,p`"" ""'q,:::::: 8,
,d' .:::::,d' `b,:::::. `b,
,d' .::::::d' `b::::::. `b,
,d' q888q8b,8 ,p q, 8,d8p888p `b,
d' d", ; `b, 8, ,8 ,d' ; ,"b `b
8 8 ` ` `b, `b, ,d' ,d' ' ' 8 8
q, `b, `b a88a. .a88a d' ,d' ,p
`q, `b, 8 8.8 8 ,d" ,p'
`"Q888`b, ` `Q8888P" "Q8888P' ' ,d'888P"'
"Q888P" "Q888P"

You were truly helpful on that site - I mean your sig says it all. Except maybe it should say smart blond instead

If you ever need help with anything, feel free to PM me. ^_^
I may be a "dumb blond", but I certainly know more then I should.
Knowledge is power; don't ever forget that.

bbnap
11-22-2007, 01:28 AM
fight the power!

fsephie
11-22-2007, 01:32 AM
As much as I enjoy He Said/She Said threads, this whole thing seems riddled with problems. I just hope that everything ends up aces for both of ya'll.

bbnap
11-22-2007, 01:49 AM
As much as I enjoy He Said/She Said threads, this whole thing seems riddled with problems. I just hope that everything ends up aces for both of ya'll.
aces ... why aces?
kings are cooler looking.

fsephie
11-22-2007, 01:51 AM
Because I would soundly take pocket aces over pocket kings any day.