PDA

View Full Version : No audio device

Acid_death69
11-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi i have just recently installed the new windows internet explorer, but now that i have done it i have no sound when i go to stream videos off youtube and that. I have tried downloading audio codecs but that hasnt worked. I have checked my sounds and audio devices and i have no audio device can any one point me in the right direction to get a new one please. Thanks

hvymetal86
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
IE 7 is notorious for having bad installs. Try reinstalling it and see if that fixes it.

If by having no audio device, you mean in device manager there is no sound card or onboard sound hardware that shows up, you need drivers, not codecs.

peat moss
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
IE 7 is notorious for having bad installs. Try reinstalling it and see if that fixes it.

If by having no audio device, you mean in device manager there is no sound card or onboard sound hardware that shows up, you need drivers, not codecs.

Is there an echo in here ? :dabs: Sorry I'm not trying to seem like a smart ass but how many posts do you need to correct a simple problem ?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-codecs-39/t-the-right-audio-codec-me-251237

Sorry, not you Heavymetal but the O/P .:pinch:

Acid_death69
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Lol it doesnt matter now, i just did a system restore. Yerr i did another one becuase i couldnt find the driver as well as sorting the audio codecs out sorry. But its all sorted now. Thanks for you help though:)

peat moss
11-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey glad you got it sorted and feel bad for sounding like a plick .